FM11- Celtic Thread. You are Neil Lennon

seanydude

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just getting ready to start my Bhoys save for the 3rd time!! This time things will be much much better......

One thing that gets me, funny how everyone who starts a save totally dismantles the team that Lennon has built!! I knew our squad was pretty guff and fm has only reinforced the idea. Where did Lennon get some of these players from?? Ah well FM is a step away from reality.....time to start the 10 in a row quest.

Wish me luck.....'mon the Bhoys

Good Luck mate, however i am going to restart on the new patch which is hopefully out soon!

how far are people getting with celtic, i mean season wise? Ive just finished my 3rd and im starting to lose interest.. Any tips to make it more interesting or are others finding this as well? Might have to jump ship..

I got to 9 seasons with Celtic and my motivation was simple, I'd stay as long as we were winning the league until I'd at least matched the 9 in a row record.

I'd probably have stuck with it to try and get the 10th title but the first team squad was getting old and none of the regens coming through the ranks were up to replacing them bar 1 great young striker Sandro Amizic, our finances were a shambles (98 million in debt) and I couldn't bear to be the manager that blew the chance of ten in a row so I reluctantly resigned and am now in charge of Benfica. My only real regret from my tenure at Celtic was never having won a European trophy, closest I got to that was 2 CL semi finals in a row.

how do you post screenshoots on this forum without putting URL in???? im going to start a brand new save with Celts and want to show my progress

cheers in advance

You need to upload it to either Photobucket or imageshack etc, then say for instance you want to name it Celtic League Table you would highlight Celtic League Table, then click on the symbol of the world and enter the url.

Or if you just want the pic to come up the forum, you copy and paste the url into here then put image tags around it, like this then put your url here, make sure the tags are without spaces though and your pic will come up, its crucial that you put in the forward slash in the last tag tho! :thup:

I am building my squad around a Scottish core, players I have signed:

Steven Saunders from Motherwell

Craig Thomson and Lee Wallace from Hearts

Peter Pawlett and Fraser Fyvie from Aberdeen

Leigh Griffiths from Dundee

Hope that gives you a few ideas!!

And any good early targets Ross?

GK

RB Wilson

LB Mulgrew

CB

CB

RM Forrest

LM Maloney

CM Brown

CM

ST

ST

CB and ST are areas which are quite anti-scottish atm!

Hmm, cm - graeme dorrans or charlie adams!

Gk - keep an eye out for gordon getting unhappy

cb - danny wilson, the rest are pish!

st- fletcher and macca!

It does! It seems as though there are a few people doing this kind of thing. Any price tags on those would be a great help T.

Anything helps, players to get rid of, tactics etc. I'm off for a scout!

One player I have found for the future is a young GK from Dundee UTD. McCallum I think he is called, not going to be anything special, a solid bench warmer though for £200k.

Pawlett cost me 3 mil which is steep but that includes some add on fees!! Currently turning him into an AMR, he seems to be coming on nicely.

Gary O'Connor always seems to be available on loan for pretty cheap.

I tend to get rid of loads of players as we have a mediocre squad. Loovens, Samaras, Hooiveld etc

Usually gives you a nice kitty to play around with!!

Hi guys need a favour for my mate from one of you if possible, he's been trying to put the old firm in the english prem and managed that ok, but he couldn't figure out how to enter the reserve team in the english league and also couldn't edit the old firm into the FA or league cup. If anyone has an already edited database could you provide a link or upload if not could someone explain to me step by step how to do so.

Thanks in advance and good luck with Celtic all :D

You have to change the nation to England for them to go in the FA Cup etc. If I remember rightly, you have to take part in the Scot Cup for the first season. Not sure about the reserve team though, maybe untick the no reserve team box in the editor??

Also best to get rid of Celtic and Rangers representing Scotland in Europe!!

Hi guys need a favour for my mate from one of you if possible, he's been trying to put the old firm in the english prem and managed that ok, but he couldn't figure out how to enter the reserve team in the english league and also couldn't edit the old firm into the FA or league cup. If anyone has an already edited database could you provide a link or upload if not could someone explain to me step by step how to do so.

Thanks in advance and good luck with Celtic all :D

I uploaded the editor data file, think it's on the first page somewhere.

Edit: Here you go :thup:

Just started as Celtic in the Premiership, don't think I've lasted more than 3 years in the SPL without getting bored. :D Will be happy just to avoid relegation tbh although all the players values have risen automatically so hopefully I'll be able to bring in a decent amount to spend on players.

Uploaded the editor data in case anyone wants it - http://www.mediafire.com/?zgof4x2q6xq4qp7

Just save it in the editor data folder and make sure it's ticked when you start a new game. Moved Celtic and Rangers to the Premiership, dropped Blackpool and Wolves into the Championship and moved Swansea and Cardiff to the SPL.

And this explains it better.

Basically all I did was change what league those six teams play in so European football, finances etc are exactly the same as they would be if you started up a normal game with them. Was tempted to take out European football for the Old Firm in the first season but decided to leave it in to make it more interesting (plus it could be a couple of seasons before the Old Firm are capable of getting into the top 4) and also to compensate for the game starting after the English TV money is dished out for the first season.

Good news is all the players valuations go up automatically as they're now playing in a better league so you can bring in a good money by selling players. Had a quick check on my game and the likes of Naismith, Lafferty and Edu are worth £4M+ (at start of game) and Broadfoot and Webster are worth £2.7M each. When your buying players you'd be as well paying for everyone over 48 months because with around £60M (40M tv money and 20M season ticket sales) guaranteed every season, and then gate receipts, merchandising etc on top of that, there's no real danger of getting in financial trouble as long as you manage to stay in the division.

You have to change the nation to England for them to go in the FA Cup etc. If I remember rightly, you have to take part in the Scot Cup for the first season. Not sure about the reserve team though, maybe untick the no reserve team box in the editor??

Also best to get rid of Celtic and Rangers representing Scotland in Europe!!

I uploaded the editor data file, think it's on the first page somewhere.

Edit: Here you go :thup:

And this explains it better.

Thanks alot guys, much appreciated :thup::cool:

Ist season in the back. SPL and Scottish Cup Double as well as a great adventure in the Europa League.....ended up winning it, get in!!!

Now all of Europe wants my players and they all want to leave except the Scottish lads of course, getting quite annoying. Defour, Annan, Ochoa YOU ARE NOT LEAVING!!!!!!!

Managed to get Phil Jones and Steven N'Zonzi as Blackburn were relegated so delighted with them. Just about to start season 2, hopefully Maloney is as good as he was last year. His stats are pretty average but what a player....shame he is out for 4 months in real life....damn

'mon the Hoops

• 2 weeks later...

Been a little quiet on the Bhoys thread so time for an update

2nd season won the treble but knocked out of the Scottish Cup so was a little disappointed but 2 UEFA Cups on the trot is brilliant!!

Start of 3rd season, CL group Barca, Club Brugges, Slovan Bratislava so hopeful I might make it through to the knockout phase for once.

Managed to keep a Scottish core as well, Maloney is an absolute beast luckily he just signed a new 5 year deal so he will retire a Celt!!

How is everyone else getting on?

I use the Ghost tactic as a base but have made a few tweaks with the strikers and wingers. Seemed to have worked a treat, although I havent tried it in any other league yet. Thinking about starting an 1860 Munchen game once I have done the 10-in-a-row but that will be a few weeks yet!!

How about yourself Larsson1888?

Hi everyone,

Some teams simply do not have a good enough team to compete with the big boys, so here is some help for you with signings. With the rules in Scotland and Europe where you need to have a certain amount of players that have trained in Scotland and at your club for x amount of years who where aged between 19 and 21, it's vital that you build up a great youth team with plenty of talent coming through.

First off I do not cheat by going into the editor to see what are the best youngsters nor do I download those lists - this to me is cheating. I talent scout instead making it more realistic and more fun :).

There are plenty of players that have 3.5 stars (although not 100% accurate I know) in this game who are very cheap and basement bargains, but to be a cut above the 2nd best and get within touching distance of the very best you need to go for slightly better. Some of these players on this list the likes of Man Utd, Barcelona etc try to get them.

Here is a good guide on what players to bring in.....I've put what stars my scouts gave them for PA, NOT CA. My scouts were 19/19. Bear in mind most of these reports came when I was in season 3 so I could see if they live up to their potential, therefore some of their weaknesses from when they start off may not have shown up in the reports. I also got into season 3 with some of these players so I know how well they turn out or keep to their so called potential. Prices are for the start of the game and will no doubt go up as the seasons go on (but some go down and you can get them way cheaper after a season or 2 so be patient), some of the players however do not go up by much after one season so you can still get a bargain in the 2nd season with this list. To help you decide I've put down their bad points to help you make up your mind, which came in reports during seasons 2 and 3 and I have left out players who are inconsistent as this to me is frustrating, and also taken out selfish players as I'm passionate about good team work (but this kinda took out some class players - but there are still plenty available).

Age is in brackets and I have put down a suggested price to buy them from (this is however trial and error, so try and get them cheaper than stated because the value stated is the minimum the club would accept when I was Celtic manager). There's plenty AM in this game but because I don't use them I haven't put them on my list (the Brazilians are the best in this area and there are also plenty excellent Argentinians playing in Brazil).

This is list is not full of wonderkids (but does contain some at a bargain), it is for potential bargains for a club like Celtic who do not have lots of cash but need to develop to compete in the future in Europe and try and catch up with some of the best clubs in the world. This lot will certainly make your team stronger within 5 years and bring you much closer to the likes of Barcelona. You can also pick up some of these players for free in a couple of years - I did , so check out when their contracts finishes and if you like take a gamble on some of them (I couldn't take a gamble on someone who has a long contract).

Star ratings are out of 5. Aim for 4-5 star rated players as these are the best around. There aren't too many 5 star rated players that are affordable so get them if you can at all costs.

PLEASE NOTE: Players outside the EU will more than likely require a WP but you can always loan them out to your affiliated Belgium team (if you have one) for 3 years and never have to worry about a WP for them again. Some of them are worth the wait.

Goalkeepers

Jack Butland (17) - 3.5 stars - £1.5 million. Birmingham

Not the fastest at coming off his line. You can get him cheaper after a season or two.

Alex Smithies (19) - 3.5 stars - £0.600 million. Huddersfield

Not the fastest at coming off his line. £700k easily gets him so try to get him cheaper after a month into the game.

Vincent Enyeama (27) - 4 stars - £0.230 million. H.Tel-Aviv

No weaknesses. Hard to get him to sign for you.

Guillermo Ochoa (25) - 4.5 stars - £over £6 million. America (Mexico)

No weaknesses. Best to wait until his value goes down or he goes out of contract as Amercia expect a lot of money for him.

Victor - (27) - 4.5 stars - £over £7 million. Gremio

No weaknesses. Best to wait until he is out of contract as Gremio want a lot of money for him.

Renan Ribeiro (20) - 4.5 stars - £over £6 million. Atletico Mineiro

No weaknesses. Atletico want a lot of money for this guy so I'd suggest waiting until he is out of contract.

Fabio (28) - 4 stars - £over £7million. Cruzeiro.

No weaknesses. Good at one on one situations and great reflex atts. Cruzeiro expect over £7 million for him, so best to wait until he is out of contract or his value goes down.

Central Defenders

Manoel (19) - 4 stars - £4.5 million. Atletico Paranaense

No weaknesses by the age of 21. Good physical attributes - very athletic.

Fabricio (20) - 4.5 stars - £Free to begin with but it's hard to get him to sign for you. If he signs for Palmeiras get him for 0.850 million. Palmeiras

No weaknesses at the age of 22. He is aggressive and very strong.

Dalton (19) - 4.5 stars - £4.6 million. Internacional.

No weakness at the age of 21.

Mario Fernandes (19) - 4.5 stars - £over £6million. Gremio.

No weaknesses by the age of 21. Gremio are expecting a lot of money for him so id suggest waiting until he is out of contract or lowers in value.

Leonel Galeano (18) - 5 stars - £5.25 million. Independiente

No weaknesses when he gets to 21. You can try and get him for free in January 2012. Well worth the money and a bargain if you get him for under £5 million.

Jose Goncalves (24) - 3 stars - £FREE.

Good back-up player for nothing with some impressive attributes.

Rafael Toloi (18) - 4.5 stars - £5.5 million. Goias (Brazil)

No weaknesses when he reaches 21. Not sure if he will need a WP, most probably will. Expensive to get so try other targets first.

Right Back

Sime Vrsaljko (17) - 4.5 stars - £2.5 million. Dinamo.

What he initially lacks in skill he makes up for in being big and aggressive, he doesn't have any weaknesses when he gets to the age of 20. Great bargain. This guy needs a WP so you will have to loan him out to a Belgium team for 3 years (try not to miss a day).

Kyle Walker (19) - 4 stars. £over £9 million. Tottenham

No weaknesses when he gets to 22. Very pacey. Best to wait a couple of years when Tottenham expect slightly less money for him.

Nathaniel Clyne (18) - 3.5 stars - £1.9 million. Crystal Palace.

Can also play left back when required and does well too. No weaknesses by the age of 21. Get Hinkle to Tutor him so he developes. Consistent player and seems to do well when he develops past the age of 20. You will easily get £4m for him by the age of 21 if he plays regularly for you giving you cash to get a wonderkid for around £4-6m in the same area. I like this player though.

Sebastien Corchia (18) - 4.5 stars - £Get him free in January 2011. Le Mans UC 72

Poor in the air. Not the best of attributes but the scouts seem to rate him highly. Might be best looking for other targets first as he is expensive (£6 million) at the start of the game but you can pick him up for free after a couple of seasons (January 2011)

Left Back

Jack Robinson (16) - 4 stars - £Free to begin with but hard to get him to sign for you, if he signs for Liverpool get him for around 0.75 million. Liverpool.

Poor intelligence on the pitch which means some of his passes go a-stray (this may develop over time). Has a competitive streak in him which can land him into trouble.

Lucas Digne (16) - 4 stars. £3.2 million. Lille.

No weaknesses when he reaches the age of 19. Pacey but all other attributes are no great. You need to develop his tackling. Worth a gamble as you can get around £3 million back for him when he gets to 19 (providing he has played a few games). It's hard to get him to sign for you though.

Alex Sandro (19) - 4 stars - £5.5 million. Santos.

Poor in the air but all other attributes are decent all round. Pretty rock solid. I did not need a WP for him so not sure if you will need one when you buy him in your first season. If you do just loan him out to a Belgium club for 3 years and he will come back ready to slot into your first team straight away. You can prize him away after a season or 2 for around £3.5 million.

Defensive Midfield

Lorenzo Crisetig (17) - 4 stars - £Starts off free but its hard to get him to sign for you. If he signs for inter, get him for 1.5 million. Inter Milan.

No weaknesses when he reaches 19.

Casemiro (17) - 4.5 stars - £3.5 million. Soa Paulo

No weaknesses when he reaches 20. Will require a WP - again send him out to your Affiliated Belgium team for 3 seasons. Hard to get him to sign for you though.

Sandro (21) - 4 stars - £Get him free in January 2012. Tottenham

No weaknesses. Good attributes for a DM - I had him in FM10 and was a really good player.

Nigel de Jong (25) - 4 stars - £FREE in in January 2012. Man City.

No weaknesses. Great attributes. It will cost you over £8 million to get him so best to wait until he is out of contract.

Centre Midfield

Josh McEachran (16) - 4.5 stars. £over £10 million. Chelsea.

Only weakness is in the air when he reaches 19. You may have to pay around £11 million for him so best to wait until his value drops and doesn't play many games or get him when he's out of contract.

Milan Badelj (21) - 5 stars - £3.8 million. Dinamo

No weaknesses. Excellent stats and great prospect. By far one of the best buys you will ever get.

Axel Witsel (21) - 4 stars - £2.9 million. Standard.

No weaknesses. Skillful player who is also consistent. You might be able to get this guy for £2.5 million - it really all depends if other teams put higher bids in or not.

Jucilei (22) - 4.5 stars - £over £6 million. Corinthians.

No weaknesses. Decent attributes all round but nothing outstanding. WP may be needed. Look for other targets first as he is very expensive and Corinthians expect around £6.5-£7 million.

Arouca (24) - 4.5 stars - £over £6million. Santos.

No weaknesses. Good all rounder. Look for other targets first as he is very expensive and Santos expect around £6.5-£7 million.

Mauricio Pereyra (19) - 4 stars - £1.5 million. Nacional.

Poor in the air and susceptible to injuries. Good passer of the ball but not the best attributes all round. Not sure if you will need a work permit as he does play for his country but not sure what the percentage is.

Fraser Fyvie (17) -4 stars - £2 million. Aberdeen.

Equally able to play as a DM. Poor in the air and not the best attributes. Hard to get him to sign for you.

Right Wing

Vladimir Weiss (19) - 4 stars - £FREE in January 2013. Manchester City (on loan at Rangers)

Poor in the air. You should be able to get him for free in January 2013 other wise he will set you back £7 million. It's hard to get him to sign for you anyway.

Ryad Boudebouz (19) - 4 stars - £Will set you back over £10 million so best to wait until his value decreases. FC Sochaux.

Useless in the air. Good dribbler and technique. Expensive though - best to first look at other targets as he will cost over £10 million.

Left Wing

Tommy Oar (17) - 4 stars - £1.6 million. FC Utrecht

You need a WP so stick him out on loan for 3 years in Belgium and bingo. He will come back developed and older, ready to compete for a first team place (he will get 2.5 stars PA then and a few games in his first season with you he will get up to 3 stars). Hard to get him to sign for you though until after a seasons or two.

Striker

Connor Wickham (16) - 4 stars - £3 million. Ipswich.

Doesn't have any weaknesses when he reaches 19. Man Utd try and get him from you so he can be a good investment. Good all rounder.

Sergio Araujo (17) - 4 stars - £2.9 million. Boca

This guy ends up with a superb scoring record at youth level. Not that good in the air, but effective dribbler and decent finisher. Sometimes he needs a WP so again send him out on loan for 3 years in Belgium and bingo, he comes back ready and raring to go. I've got him him when no WP was required (i..e I appealed for one and did not need another one that season).

Tiago Alves (16) - 4 stars - £2.6 million. Santos.

Not sure if he needs a WP as when i bought him after season 1 he didn't need one. Not the best in the air (as with most Brazilians) but good prospect.

Vaclav Kadlec (17) - 5 stars - £1.4 million. Sparta Prague.

Poor in the air. One of the best buys you will ever get for this money.

Ramelu Lukaku (17) - 4 stars - £3.5 million. Anderlecht.

No weaknesses when he gets to 19.

Neymar (18) - 5 stars - £over £8 million. Santos.

Great player but poor in the air. Can also be deployed on the left wing with effectiveness. Is he worth it? if you have the money yes, if not look for other effective targets.

Andriy Yarmolenko (19) - 4.5 stars - £4 million. Dynamo Kyiv.

Poor at set-pieces. Not the best attributes for a striker but highly rated.

Rogelio Funes Mori (19) - 4 stars - £over £7 million. River Plate.

No weaknesses by the age of 21. Pretty good in the air. Not the best attributes but for some reason ends up having a superb goal scoring record at youth level for his country. Fairly highly rated by my scouts. Look for other targets first as he is very expensive at the beginning of the game.

If anyone wants I have a default saved game where I qualified for the CC in the first season. Only 2 league games played, very small squad but great challenge for you with some excellent prospect players. Everything is set-up and raring to go, all training should be sorted and scouting also.

Guys, little tip is to off-load most of the players because they simply aren't good enough to compete in Europe.

- Keep Majstoravic and Rogne but git rid off all the other CB's.

- Keep Hinkle and Masun (sell him later though) but git rid of all the other full-backs as they are no good.

- Keep Juarez and Khayal (sell him later) but get rid of all the other CMs and DMs. Either on loan to buy deals or straight deals it don't matter as you can get far better CMs in than the others you have.

- Keep all your wingers until you find better ones to buy next season. McCourt, Maloney and Forest all do really well for you.

- Get rid of all your strikers apart from Stokes and bring in far better prospects.

Then bring in lots of great potential players like those on my list provided. You will do far better in Europe I guarantee and have a great team in the future. Your squad may be small in the first season but the following year you can bring in 3 or 4 new good quality players making sure you have cover in all areas and have a far better and stronger team than Rangers.

I did this (as afromentioned above) and qualified for the CC (champions Cup / league whatever its called these days) and knocked out Seville and Fenerbache in the proceedings.

If anyone wants I have a default saved game where I qualified for the CC in the first season. Only 2 league games played, very small squad but great challenge for you with some excellent prospect players. Everything is set-up and raring to go, all training should be sorted and scouting also.

Yes please ;)

2 Europa Leagues in 3 seasons and a Champions League semi final in the other and Celtic's reputation is still national!! So now 7 of my players want move to bigger clubs. What do I have to do to make the reputation of the club higher?

Started to play with one of my favourite teams. I think it's going to be nice save. I've cleared the team and i plan to build a squad from UK players and maybe 1 or 2 players abroad. Also, i've set goal to win Champions League with team full of homegrown boys. (Celtic achieved that when they won Champions League back in... 70's?) I think that clubs in real life should try to develop something like that, it adds totaly another dimension to the club and tradition of that club.

Anyway, transfers:

celtictransfershistory.jpg

UK boys, great prospects and i expect good things from them.

First team and squad for my first season:

celticceltictactics.png

Here we go Bhoys!

Archived