John Cro 4-1-2-1-2

Hello,again

Honestly, this is the best tactic I have ever made in my life

This time I have made also a new tactic, but now it's completely made using TC. And it works increadably well. Picture tells more than a 1000 words

0ac7f893d61301876c4056f8f1579f025g.jpg

I only conceded 9 goals, and I didnt used corner bug nor Nike defence

This is how it looks like:

953aa6d03acb5050bb60578deb5a66065g.jpg

Here is the link:

http://www.filefront.com/17134604/John Cro 4-1-2-1-2 ver.1.tac

Honestly, this is the best tactic I have ever made in my life

Player attributes

GK: Usual sweeper keeper, besides agility, jumping, handling, concentration, reflexes and decisions, you also need rushing out

DC: Left one is cover so he has to be, along everything else that makes a good DC, quick and have a good positioning. Right one, along other DC attributes, has to be good at tackling and strength

DR/DL: This is he hardest one to find. This guy has to be good in both directions, attack and defense. I go for tackling, marking, dribbling, crossing, pace, acceleraction, stamina, teamwork and workrate.

DMCStrong and good at defensive duties

MC: Excellent at passing, technique. decisions and creativity. Also, if possible, good at defending

AMC: Main player of the team. Has to be good at anticipation, passing, creativity, dribbling, first touch, agility, decisions

FC l: classical poacher, enough said

FC r: classical complete forward, also, you have all attributes for this one

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Version 2

I decied to change central midfielders into a DLP and BtB. This is my new tactic:

FILEfRONT: http://www.filefront.com/17193254/John Cro 4-1-2-1-2 ver. 2.tac

More details on tactic when I get faster Internet.

Till then, take care

OI:

I listen to my ass man

TACTICS:

Home - PL- CONTROL

Away - PL - CONTROL (weak opponent), STANDARD(normal opponent), COUNTER (strong opponent)

Home - CL- Past group stage - STANDARD (weak opponent)-COUNTER (strong opponent)

Away - CL - Past group stage - COUNTER (weak opponent), DEFENSIVE (strong opponent)

Corners:

Neither form of corner cheat implemented.

Pitch size:

Only tested it in maximum dimensions

Team talks:

I use Doc Sander + Wolfsongs on half and full time

John - You need to give more details on the tactical aspects of the game if not the thread will be closed. You might want to check out the forum rules at the top of the forum.

John, what size pitch do you play with this tactic?

I love a good solid defensive tactic, and this certainly looks to fit the bill

I play on long pitch, maximum dimensions. haven't really tried it with any other

Any chance of seeing what settings you have used for your defenders and DM?

If you open tactic in FM, you'll see that everything is made with TC. That means I haven't changed almost anything. So, for example, if you look at DC cover, or DMC anorch man everything is on default values made by TC. That's the beauty of it.

who takes your corners? the lurkers? one of the "near post flick-on" guys?

I dont use corner cheat in any form, as I said, it makes my attackers score more goals. That way they get higher grades, more assists etc. Finally, to answer your question, I leave default values assaigned by TC, but in tactic uploaded on this site I did implement corner routine so people only need to put good corner takers in slots opposite to their preffered foot.

It's working well for me in the BSS with Worcester. Predicted to finish 20th, but after 12 games I'm top and have conceeded the least goals. I feel it could do a little bit better on the attack, but I can't moan too much with it :)

Well, I am glad it's working. Hard to make a flawless tactic in every aspect, you have to go for something and give away something else. But maybe, if you had better AMC and ST it would work better in attack.

This tactic is Great!

promoted in first season with my german 6.th league club while having a media prediction of beeing 14th and only conceeding a handfull of goals

xxr2hm8b.jpg

in the second season with a craptastic team (yellow circled players are from the last year team)

o834tq64.jpg

and a media prediction of 15th i´m once more on the way of beeing promoted - and ontop did not lose a game within the last 38 league fixtures.

bvhubec4.jpg

This tactic won me promotion with Murcia from liga adelante (predicted 13th or something), 7th place finish in my first season in LIGA BBVA, 3rd the second season and winner of the champions league the 4th season. Never did manage to win the league though, but I suspect I didn't have the perfect players for each position, especially up front.

Played with Real Madrid next and absolutely destroyed everything. Went through the league undefeated, won CL and the cup. Only purchase was Fabregas for 80£ mill.

This tactic is Great!

promoted in first season with my german 6.th league club while having a media prediction of beeing 14th and only conceeding a handfull of goals

xxr2hm8b.jpg

in the second season with a craptastic team (yellow circled players are from the last year team)

o834tq64.jpg

and a media prediction of 15th i´m once more on the way of beeing promoted - and ontop did not lose a game within the last 38 league fixtures.

bvhubec4.jpg

well, I thought that this thread would be a place to deal with all the lacks of a tactic, not just to praise me , but thanks anyway

This tactic won me promotion with Murcia from liga adelante (predicted 13th or something), 7th place finish in my first season in LIGA BBVA, 3rd the second season and winner of the champions league the 4th season. Never did manage to win the league though, but I suspect I didn't have the perfect players for each position, especially up front.

Played with Real Madrid next and absolutely destroyed everything. Went through the league undefeated, won CL and the cup. Only purchase was Fabregas for 80£ mill.

Maybe you should play more defensively away, that should help. Also, one important thing - thois tactic is not good against 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 formations so use another one or my 4-3-3

How would you set this up without a good complete forward? I've started a new game with 1860 Munchen, got a good poacher and a good AM, but my second best striker is more of a target man than a complete forward. Could a tall and strong striker fit in without altering the basics of the formation?

And I've noticed problems playing against some formations, especially the 4-2-3-1. Not sure how to counter it, but I did have some success playing defensively against it (counter).

I also seem to struggle to hit shots on target in general and/or making too many long shots (even with only one or two players ticked with long shots). So I guess this is due to a lack of options. I'm no tactial genius though, so I have no idea how to correct or improve it.

ive just started playing the game tonight and after losing 17 games out of 20, i decided to look for some tacs.

google search has brought me to this topic, which is awesome. i downloaded the tactic file but now, im lost. what am i supposed to do with the downloaded file? ive put the file into here: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\tactics

nothing happens when i try import it in game.

anyone help please? i am a noob to pc games. im more of a ps1 (yes, ps1!) player. im also rubbish when it comes to pcs too.

Hi John congratulations on making a successful tactic. I have not tried it out although I did download it to take a look at the settings you have used as I am currently trying to improve upon my 41212 tactic. I have a couple of questions for you John regarding this tactic.

1) I notice that both of your MCs have passing maxed out to 20, Any particular reason for this as I would imagine that a lot of your balls will go astray and possession will constantly be lost thus resulting in low possession rate?

2) Your closing down is almost maxed out for both the strikers and Midfield, are you experiencing any significant condition decreases towards the last 25 mins of the match? I would like to use high closing down but I feel that it will tire my players so early in the game that come the last 15 mins we will be on the backfoot and defending for our lives.

2) Your closing down is almost maxed out for both the strikers and Midfield, are you experiencing any significant condition decreases towards the last 25 mins of the match? I would like to use high closing down but I feel that it will tire my players so early in the game that come the last 15 mins we will be on the backfoot and defending for our lives.

Players with low stamina/natural fitness will from my experience struggle towards the end of matches. I regularly get the "xx and yy is looking exhausted out there" feedback from the assistant manager around the 60-65 minute mark. Can't say I've noticed this problem with players with 15+ in stamina. Just make sure to have good backup in the center of the field and there's no problem.

Hi John congratulations on making a successful tactic. I have not tried it out although I did download it to take a look at the settings you have used as I am currently trying to improve upon my 41212 tactic. I have a couple of questions for you John regarding this tactic.

1) I notice that both of your MCs have passing maxed out to 20, Any particular reason for this as I would imagine that a lot of your balls will go astray and possession will constantly be lost thus resulting in low possession rate?

1) Passing is direst so players dont return the ball backwards, instead they well will pass it to attack players. While it's true that in this way possesion is lost, it doesn't matter as I put pressure on opposition players the moment the ball is lost so, most of the time, I win it back

2) Yes, you have to have very good physical attributes for most of the players in my team. The tactics that I made are for top teams which means top players (with good stamina, pace etc.)

How would you set this up without a good complete forward? I've started a new game with 1860 Munchen, got a good poacher and a good AM, but my second best striker is more of a target man than a complete forward. Could a tall and strong striker fit in without altering the basics of the formation?

And I've noticed problems playing against some formations, especially the 4-2-3-1. Not sure how to counter it, but I did have some success playing defensively against it (counter).

I also seem to struggle to hit shots on target in general and/or making too many long shots (even with only one or two players ticked with long shots). So I guess this is due to a lack of options. I'm no tactial genius though, so I have no idea how to correct or improve it.

Yes, everything you noticed is true. That's why I uploaded this tactic so people can make a comment and, possibly, a contribution by adding their opinions. I use 4-3-3 version against 4-2-3-1 and havent fined a way to resolve problem dealing with a high number of long shots. Also, target man won't be good in this formation, I tried. So buy one or try experimenting with different options for passing.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

is it intentional to start defensive with v2? I also gotta say both versions looks superb so far, even better then the 4-3-3

fisticfuffs3: with that team you probebly should have won or atleast challanged for the league ...

is it intentional to start defensive with v2? I also gotta say both versions looks superb so far, even better then the 4-3-3

fisticfuffs3: with that team you probebly should have won or atleast challanged for the league ...

NO: THAT WAS A MISTAKE; my default start is CONTROL in every tactic I made. Thanks for using it, feel free to ask anything, that goes for all of you

John this is the best tactic i have ever used.I play with reading.The only change i have made is that i changed the complete forward to a advanced forward and the results are wonderful!also when i play away i prefer counter instead of standard or control with weaker teams.thanks again for your beautiful tactic.

• 5 months later...
v2 + unintended mentality mistake of this tactic, still seam to be the best narrow diamond-ish shape i have used on 11,2,1

will see how it goes on 11.3

Well, some things just get better with time, see you my friend, once I had a lot of time and inspiration,

for old times, cheers

• 1 month later...

I'm a John _cro fan boi lol, long time no see, im playing FM again , and 2011 is fun and totaly cooler then 2010, only my beloved FM favoritre (atl madrid) is harder to manage now, some of my older players are gone or there stats are lowerd ;( but your tactics are zo amazing im always endingin the top 4 in spain, asllong im doing better then in real life , thanks friend for such a amazing strat men. and im still use the 4-3-3 time to time, i was thinking of starting a arsenal game and use te 4-3-3 i got a feeling im going to own big time with that strat with aresenal counter/fast paced build up = gol.

Archived