Miles Jacobson

Oliver & Paul Collyer - M.B.E.s

375 posts in this topic

Really well done lads ............to be recognised in this way is a huge honour you have made many a manager wanna be;s life come true............endless games, sleepless nights, rows with the Mrs over where have you been all bloody night ( playing FM honest !!!) and generally re creating the life of a Manager.

Well done and congratulations! Still remember being smug to overtake these guys in the Hall of Fame, in the original original Championship Manager on the Amiga :)

I'm not saying they haven't done a good job; I'm merely pointing out that making a videogame, and establishing a franchise out of said game, for a profit is hardly a chivalrous act.

Getting a m.b.e for designing a videogame seems like they're giving it out for any reason.. just my 2 cents.

There's always been leaders and pioneers in trade, industry, the arts, etc... who receive honours such as this. It's good to see that the games industry (clearly an important part of popular culture today) is being recognised. Also important to note, is the popularity of the game as a UK export worldwide.

These two guys deserve the award for their efforts, for creating and continuing to create something, which has consistently proven so popular. They thoroughly deserve their award.

Well done lads! :thup:

it is through sigames that i learned all the critical ingredience of football, thank you all and it is well deserved

Well deserved.

I wonder how many hours of joy CM93 to FM10 has given me since 1993. It's alot.

Paul and Ov are folkheroes in the football community.

Grats guys and thanks for all your hard and great work.

RESPECT!

very cool. congrats.

been there with you from the start.

he's your real dad guys.

Just seen this great news, what can I say : ) Great to see that both of them have got recognised for all the hard work they have put into their career ! Congrats

So, one of them is now Sir Oliver? ;p

*flees*

Joking aside, it's wonderful to hear that. The Collyers have done so much for the world of football management games, without them there'd be only the high-visuals, low-realism FIFA clones.

I've been a fan of FM/CM since the mid-90s, and pretty much everything I know about football I learned from there. Heck, I don't even care about the sport outside the games! :)

Congratulations both of you...

Ages since I first play CM Italia 94 :)

Still following after 16 years...

Congratulations! If you ever want to sell the medal, let me know! (haha)

Congrats guys, glad to see some hard-workers achieving recognition! Ive grown up with you guys, been a fan since the beginning, so so glad you've done well! Here's to pushing the boundaries!

Congrats guys, you have brought so much joy to the masses that will always be remembered!! :thup:

Just noticed this post now!

Well done fellas.... like the above statements, You guys do deserve this recognition....well done.

Congrats to them!

Also, Miles, you guys need more podcasts about the game and such. Really you do.

Congrats guys!

Even a yank plays this game! Been at it since CM2!

Matt

USA

I don't think i have missed a game in the series since it first started on the PC. It is a truly deserved reward to two fantastic guys, it has been an honour to share a game of FML and discussion.

I have fond memories of the Daytime Football Association in early days of FML BETA :)

well done to the both of you..been an avid player from the beginning on the amiga.even wrote to the guys about new ideas and got a great reply back from them many years ago.also had a letter published in the old amiga power magazine which i criticised their poor review they gave out of the game..happy days :)

congrats!!