894 members have voted

1. 1. Which Version of this tactic has worke the best for you

• Original complete Dominace for patch 10.0 and 10.1
    • Complete Dominace 10.2
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 Craggswfc Better Defence
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 Ohanzee's Classic Tweak
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 The Hybrid/Joint Venture
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 Elephant Stones Nike Defence

Hi Mr Hough, thanks again for the effort... I have some major problems, it could be because i am impatient, or because i am missing something very drastic... anyway, screenshots should explain it, i am only 3 games into the season, but have played a lot of friendlies with the tactic, the first game i forgot about the opposition instructions, but the other two I have included them... (I have also printed off the opening post, just so i didn't miss anything, and basically for the players etc) anyway, here is the story, im Sunderland, dunno why just feel they are a sleeping giant, in the prem..fan base etc..

Sunderland Squad/Tactics

sunderlandtactics.th.jpg

Is this right? I do the same with the FC and MR/L?

27985376.th.jpg

And this bit i didn't quite understand, so just wanted to confirm, circled!

touchline.th.jpg

is that what I am meant to do at the start?

League Table

leaguetablei.th.jpg

Anyway, if you need anything else, just let me know, it is really fustrating, especially after speanding so long trying to decent players for my Sunderland team!

Anyway any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Boysie!

ok look closely at the op and the instructions you printed off and it say USE OI'S FOR STRIKERS AND ACM WINGERS AND WIDE MIDFIELDERS THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE TACTIC!!!!!

read post 227 take it in, make sure you understand why i use OI's there an intergrial part of the tactic.

if you need any more info MSN me and i can walk you through it

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mr hough when you use the shout pass into space?

i use pass to space if my players sometimes pass the ball 'Behind' a player or if he gets closed down really quickly after just receiving the ball i will use pass to space then but i will switch back and forth throughout the game

i use pass to space if my players sometimes pass the ball 'Behind' a player or if he gets closed down really quickly after just receiving the ball i will use pass to space then but i will switch back and forth throughout the game

thank's man this tactic is the best

Mr Hough, I'm keen to try out your tactic as it seems to be really impressive.

Just a couple of things, with the shouts, should I be using 'retain possession' and 'pass to feet' as soon as the game starts?

Also, should I be using the OIs from page 1 (closing down and tight marking) for all wide midfielders/wingers, AMCs and strikers?

Thanks ;)

Mr Hough, I'm keen to try out your tactic as it seems to be really impressive.

Just a couple of things, with the shouts, should I be using 'retain possession' and 'pass to feet' as soon as the game starts?

Also, should I be using the OIs from page 1 (closing down and tight marking) for all wide midfielders/wingers, AMCs and strikers?

Thanks ;)

that is absalutly perfectly right.

Well done for understanding it first time cossome people (Boycie) has a few problems yesterday (bless Him LOL)

I gave the new 10.2 adapted tactic a try last night with Spurs. I played 22 league games and for the first 15 it went VERY well. The only reason why it went sour after that was due to me taking a few too many risks regarding selling experienced players and signing very talented but also very young players instead. My conclusion is that this new version is the best I have tried so far and I have tried A LOT!! When pausing every match at the very start and making the adaptations Hough recommended the defence is very solid and I am still scoring goals.

As for training I am using TUG.

After Christmas I will continue playing using the new version with Spurs and also test it with a few other teams.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

So, I have tried it for ~15 games, 12 in league, and table wise I couldn't be less satisfied: I'm first, 8 wins - 3 draws - 1 loss, with 28 goals scored and 15 taken. Yes, 15 is a bit much, but considering I've bought only midfielders and that the team's - Sampdoria - weak spot is defence it's definitely unsurprising.

Only thing I'm still struggling with is the goal rate for the advanced forward (Pazzini in my case), who seems almost unable to score, while the poacher (Cassano) and the AMC (Buonanotte) are simply awesome. I tried rising back to high the poacher's creative freedom, hoping for more assists to the AF, but without results: Cassano still plays (and score) well, but that's about it. I'll try making Buonanotte learn the killer balls PPM even though Pazzini keeps refusing to learn move into spaces, hoping this will not reduce the number of shoots - and as such goals - from the AMC, but I'm beginning to believe Pazzini is just not suited for that role especially with the new patch: though he is a nice all rounder, the shoot with power PPM has become even crappier against the superkeeper, and since this tactic makes it so the ball is played mostly on foot, he can't either take advantage of his good heading often.

Oh, BTW, would you say it would be wise to let the midfielders learn the killer balls PPM too? 'Cause my staff keeps bugging me about making Poli learn it, but I have the fear that way he would try to pass directly to the strikers too often, bypassing the AMC and his ability to build up the manoeuvre (and to score tons of goals as he is doing right now...).

Anyway, definitely the best tactic for 10.2 for me so far. Consistent, reliable, and quite pretty to watch unfold in the match engine. Not overwhelming as some tactics - this very one too - were with the previous patch, but it seems it's not the tactic itselsf at fault at all; result wise it would even be "more realistic" if the lower amount of goals scored didn't came just from the ridiculous superkeeper.

Gotta say I'm not a big believer in OIs on FM.

Mr Hough (or anybody)have you tried some like-for-like tests with and without using the stated OIs and has it made much difference?

Cheers

They indeed do a lot of difference in this case (which I admit, surprised me aswell... with most tactics, OIs are mostly colour). Not always in positive though :p

Without 'em you give way too much space to the opposition wingers, who can easily cross or even get into the box going 'round your full backs. With 'em your full backs perform much better in defence, however they seems to lose a bit of forward pressure, but the real con is that you often see two of your defenders close down on a single winger: good to place him under pressure, but if he still manages to cross, you'll often found yourself without cover in the box.

All in all in my experience I would say it's better to use them than not, but still you will curse 'em on occasion from time to time ;)

So, I have tried it for ~15 games, 12 in league, and table wise I couldn't be less satisfied: I'm first, 8 wins - 3 draws - 1 loss, with 28 goals scored and 15 taken. Yes, 15 is a bit much, but considering I've bought only midfielders and that the team's - Sampdoria - weak spot is defence it's definitely unsurprising.

Only thing I'm still struggling with is the goal rate for the advanced forward (Pazzini in my case), who seems almost unable to score, while the poacher (Cassano) and the AMC (Buonanotte) are simply awesome. I tried rising back to high the poacher's creative freedom, hoping for more assists to the AF, but without results: Cassano still plays (and score) well, but that's about it. I'll try making Buonanotte learn the killer balls PPM even though Pazzini keeps refusing to learn move into spaces, hoping this will not reduce the number of shoots - and as such goals - from the AMC, but I'm beginning to believe Pazzini is just not suited for that role especially with the new patch: though he is a nice all rounder, the shoot with power PPM has become even crappier against the superkeeper, and since this tactic makes it so the ball is played mostly on foot, he can't either take advantage of his good heading often.

Oh, BTW, would you say it would be wise to let the midfielders learn the killer balls PPM too? 'Cause my staff keeps bugging me about making Poli learn it, but I have the fear that way he would try to pass directly to the strikers too often, bypassing the AMC and his ability to build up the manoeuvre (and to score tons of goals as he is doing right now...).

Anyway, definitely the best tactic for 10.2 for me so far. Consistent, reliable, and quite pretty to watch unfold in the match engine. Not overwhelming as some tactics - this very one too - were with the previous patch, but it seems it's not the tactic itselsf at fault at all; result wise it would even be "more realistic" if the lower amount of goals scored didn't came just from the ridiculous superkeeper.

I think you meant you couldn't me 'More' satisfied :-)

Just After kick off pause the game and use the RETAIN POSSESION, PASS TO FEET and STAY ON FEET shouts These will help defence out alot also if holding onto a lead you can change the stratagy from overload to defensive

just wanted to let you guys know .. that if you do that just after kick off you should then safe the tactic to anouther name once the shouts have kicked in .. then when you play the next match the shouts will allready be pre loaded into the tactic .. you no this by the start of every match it will ask you to comfirm before it goes to the match

Just After kick off pause the game and use the RETAIN POSSESION, PASS TO FEET and STAY ON FEET shouts These will help defence out alot also if holding onto a lead you can change the stratagy from overload to defensive

just wanted to let you guys know .. that if you do that just after kick off you should then safe the tactic to anouther name once the shouts have kicked in .. then when you play the next match the shouts will allready be pre loaded into the tactic .. you no this by the start of every match it will ask you to comfirm before it goes to the match

Superb - thanks for that mate, saves a lot of time

They indeed do a lot of difference in this case (which I admit, surprised me aswell... with most tactics, OIs are mostly colour). Not always in positive though :p

Without 'em you give way too much space to the opposition wingers, who can easily cross or even get into the box going 'round your full backs. With 'em your full backs perform much better in defence, however they seems to lose a bit of forward pressure, but the real con is that you often see two of your defenders close down on a single winger: good to place him under pressure, but if he still manages to cross, you'll often found yourself without cover in the box.

All in all in my experience I would say it's better to use them than not, but still you will curse 'em on occasion from time to time ;)

Thanks for the OI advice mate

i thoughr that but it dunt do it to me

you can try it with something your see better ... like shout push up the d-line then safe the tactic .. then take a note down of what your d-line was before the shout .. your see that in your tactic the d-line would have moved up ..but your only see it once the game starts

you can try it with something your see better ... like shout push up the d-line then safe the tactic .. then take a note down of what your d-line was before the shout .. your see that in your tactic the d-line would have moved up ..but your only see it once the game starts

I notice that if you do this and then check when the next game starts, it does change the strategy to "Defensive" but it doesn't list the Shouts as being activated (i.e Retain possesiomn, pass to feet & stay on feet) Maybe in activates them, but just doesn't show them as being activated in the shout menu?

This one is leaking goals, have tested with Karlsruhe, average 2,7 against per match. Probably only applicable for teams with top players. Everton's no Accrington Stanley remember...

My Novgorod players are mostly free transfers. We were predicted to finish 15 out of 16 so certainly not a top team.

I notice that if you do this and then check when the next game starts, it does change the strategy to "Defensive" but it doesn't list the Shouts as being activated (i.e Retain possesiomn, pass to feet & stay on feet) Maybe in activates them, but just doesn't show them as being activated in the shout menu?

it will still list the same shouts .. just like if you pre load d-line up .. it will still be listed

but it would still have added your shouts that you loaded

Gotta say I'm not a big believer in OIs on FM.

Mr Hough (or anybody)have you tried some like-for-like tests with and without using the stated OIs and has it made much difference?

Cheers

yeah i have tried tests with and without OI's i think the difference is very plain to see regarding the space the opp gets when they aren't on even when my team man and tight marks and i never really beleived in OI's either as it annoys me putting them on every game.

great feedback thanks very much

Maybe you could put pazzini as target man and put supply to head this might when the ball gets crossed make use of his good heading ability.

i think the OI's are very important maybe what you could do instead of having the central defenders on zonal make the man mark and move the closing down 1-2 notches this might help keep them in the center

Mr Hough please release your possession domination tactics again for the latest patch. They were the best set by far.

If youve already mentioned your not going to tackle them, thats fine and I apologise.

Cheers

I haven't even had a look at the possession domination tactics yet mate i will do at some point though

the tactic is excellent I use it in my Liverpool team mostly in very tight defensive teams as I change it with another one i have made (4 (DR/L - DC) - 2 MC - 3(AML/AMC/AMR) - 1 (SC)) for more strong matches the opportunities you can make are the most i have produce with any othe tactic i have made or upload and the only thing i have changed is the two diffenders one is palying as stopper and the one as cover i have not conceded a goal in the league for 8 straight games (6wins with 4-0 score the 4 of them and two draws 0-0 against Arsenal and West Ham where the best player was the opposite GK!!!!) the tactic is very good the only proble is the Gks as in the new patch they all playing like Buffon :-)

Archived