• Created
  • Last Reply

Mark Bradley - Walsall FC - Welsh

Anthony Gerrard - Walsall FC - English/Irish

Joe Garner - Carlisle Utd - English

Danny Graham - Carlisle Utd - English

Sam Vokes - AFC Bournemouth - Welsh

Joe Allen - Swansea City - Welsh

Some good League 1 quality youngsters there that in some cases have the capeabilities to go on to bigger and better things :)

I took over Man United in 2011/12 season, most of the superstars had either left or retired. But in the squad was:

Scott Brown

Danny Simpson

Danny Welbeck

Fabian Brandy

I signed these British/Irish players in the next season and came 2nd in the Premier League (Arsenal obviously won it):

Aidan McGeady

John Bostock

Michael Johnson

Joe Mattock

Preston Edwards

All of the above had matured into class players!

Ched Evans and Dainel Sturridge of Man City both bang them in.

Daniel Sturridge becomes a much better player and worth more but if your just staring a save then loan Evans and he is a 20-goal man-a season at least.

Victor Moses, Sean Scannel and John Bostock of Crystal Palace are ones for the future to look at. Nearthe begiining of the post matt hill was mentioned, But I would have to go for Joe Mattock and he gets into the england team when he hits around 23.

John Fleck is a must have and can be transfered on a free in like the 3rd season I think, cant fully remember. Adien Mceady is a class player in real life but on the game hes just not up to the standard of good premiership football. I dont believe FM pay lot of attention to Scottish football.

Sorry, if i'm a bit off topic but i didn't feel like opening a new thread for my question since it somehow refers to the thread title. i'm looking to start a new savegame soon but like to edit some of the young british talents like fred sears, aaron ramsey or jack rodwell. what PA should i give them?

It is amazing how little English talent is coming through at the moment..! I am sorry if I step on anyones toes here and I have always like British football, but apart from 22-year old Rooney (what is he supposed to play as? a striker or midfielder?) you have nothing really.. Ramsey? Walcott?

I bet Capello, much like everyone, felt that you can always discover some prospects ahead of the WC qualifiers, but now we see him desperately fumble after Bentleys and Downings and Defoes as STARTERS. I am sorry - if you are gonna win anything in the next eight-ten years you need to win on spirit and organization (like Greece) not talents and flair (like Spain).

It is amazing how little English talent is coming through at the moment..! I am sorry if I step on anyones toes here and I have always like British football, but apart from 22-year old Rooney (what is he supposed to play as? a striker or midfielder?) you have nothing really.. Ramsey? Walcott?

I bet Capello, much like everyone, felt that you can always discover some prospects ahead of the WC qualifiers, but now we see him desperately fumble after Bentleys and Downings and Defoes as STARTERS. I am sorry - if you are gonna win anything in the next eight-ten years you need to win on spirit and organization (like Greece) not talents and flair (like Spain).

Lol? I would say that England are not in the worst shape with regards to talent, we have some good talent comming through with the Under 19's and Under 21's. Yes we could do better but so could most nations, we aren't perfect but we are hardly in the worst shape. Also Bentley is a good player so I don't know why you would emply he is some sort of second rate player?

Anyway this isn't really the place for a debate about RL talent this is FM08 British talent not what is going on in the real world with regards to talent.

Steven Fletcher from Hibernian is a decent talent.

Bit pricey however, Hibs don't seem to settle with anything under than £5m!

I got him for 3.2m pounds.

Not sure if he's been mentioned but Joe Ledley is fantastic, often gets bought by Celtic or a mid-table premiership club and keeps his place for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of players who could be good from Hibernian. Darren McCormack, Steven Fletcher (European Golden Boot 2 years running on my game despite still playing for Hibs), Kevin McCann and Paul Hanlon.

From Motherwell you could get the impressive centre backs Mark Reynolds and Brian McClean. They also start with a great young goalscorer in Jamie Murphy in their under 19 squad.

Celtic probably have quite a few good youngsters the best being Simon Ferry.

Dundee United have Greg Cameron who is comfortable in almost every position on the field but is primarily a central midfielder they also have Greg Kenneth who is a decent centre back but not as good as Reynolds and McClean IMO.

I'm sure if you were to search a few more of Scotland's big teams like Aberdeen, Hearts and Rangers you could find some more great Scottish talent.

Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if you'll count this but Aaron Hunt from Werder Bremen is awesome and very useful as he can play on the left wing as well as striker. He's German/English so don't know what you think as if people are getting huffy about irish they definitely won't like the association with the gerries.

Having looked through this thread I have made a shortlist, which you can easily import into your games, although I used Genie Scout to create it, and the way the genie scout works it is taking players from one of my saves. The players should be up to the age of 24, but because of the difficulties to only get them up to the age of 24, coming to the end of my 2nd season. The players in the shortlist have a PA of 150 and higher.

Here is the link for the shortlist

http://hosted.filefront.com/MrPeanut93

• 1 month later...

Archived