The Frustration Of FM 2010!! Crash Dump Error Galore!!

Sorry that you're struggling.

There are a few things that you can do that will minimise the chances of crashing;

- Update graphics card drivers and sound card drivers.

- Update DirectX.

- Update Java.

- Try running in windowed mode.

- Don't go bonanza with the number of teams, leagues and players you load at the start of the game.

Let us know how you get on...

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a problem with the memory.

After reading everyones ideas i have kept an eye on my memory usage.

In my game with Aberdeen I have fewer leagues loaded and less players and it has not crashed once but on my network game with my mate the memory usage climbs faster.

Game loads at 996k and after about 4 games it has risen to 1.6.

Dnt get me wrong it climbs on my Aberdeen game too but not as high and not as quick.

My computer has HD3650 HyperMemory and 4gb.

I dont understand why the memory usage keeps climbing game on game an dosent come back down unless you turn the game off and load again.

Not a rant this time would just like it sorted, and playing less leagues and players takes away a large part of the game.

Now dont get me wrong here i absolutely love this years version and i think it's definitely the best yet but to say i'm angry right now is an understatement!!

I went through nearly 2 days of my life playing a season with Liverpool, i was doing really, really well, i was still involved in the title race with 2 games to go and i had a Champions League semi-final 2nd leg match with Real Madrid to look forward to which i was winning (2-1). Anyway after losing to Madrid on penalties in an exciting showdown and losing to Hull to make it near enough impossible for me to pip Chelsea to the title on the last game, my game decides to crash for the second time in the space of a couple of hours. I get this message come up about a crash dump error or something like that, and windows trys to find a solution to the problem but can't and it closes down.

Now after this happening it sapped the life out of me, i had saved just before the 2nd leg with Madrid, but i now feel like not carrying on with my save at all because if i were to beat Madrid and go on to beat Hull in the next game i would feel like i have cheated my way to a final and the title and i dont find this enoyable or realistic as there is no second chances in football!!

Has anyone else experienced this crash dump error and knows how to avoid it or fix it and what would you do in my shoes now??

It seems like this crash dump error has occured since i've made a graphics folder and added on all the kits and logos etc, but surely that is'nt the problem, is it??

I really feel like i've wasted 2 days of my life for nothing now, and if i were to beat Madrid on the second attempt and go on to lift the title it just wouldnt feel right to me!!

Wow, how similarly soul destroying to my situation. 2 seasons done at Notts Co, finished 2nd in League 2 then won League 1, just signed Michael Owen for my first season in the Championship and I'm approaching the first league game of the season when BANG - crash dump error. I loaded it back up and it's happened another 3 times around the same date, is this game salvageable with the rumoured new patch?

• Administrators
Wow, how similarly soul destroying to my situation. 2 seasons done at Notts Co, finished 2nd in League 2 then won League 1, just signed Michael Owen for my first season in the Championship and I'm approaching the first league game of the season when BANG - crash dump error. I loaded it back up and it's happened another 3 times around the same date, is this game salvageable with the rumoured new patch?

If you've got a save game that crashes at the the same time all the time upload it to our FTP and we'll take a look.

If you've added any facepacks/logos/skins etc I suggest removing them and seeing if the game still crashes as this can cause errors. Let me know, thanks.

Hey Matt / Neil,

I re-downloaded Java and re-installed it and it seems to solve the issue (at least for now). I used to get a crash dump error each time I access the finances screen and after the re-installation everything seems fine. Thanks :) Hope this helps someone else with the same issue

Its more of a memory build up than leak

The game is holding on to too much information so after 1 game it goes up by approx 100k and so on so after a few game it is getting towards the 1.6 and the dredded crash.

Why was this not a problem with FM09, only thing i can think of is because the crowds have been added as its the only real big difference in games.

I've just started another game and I get a crash dump every time it goes to set up the database. I've set up two games before hand however it will not let me set up a third game. I've tried reducing the leagues and its windowed what else can I do to set up a new game???

For those not venturing in Bugs Forum - Tech issues this might prove helpful:

Update:

I have something I would like people to try out. I hope to have these files put up onto the website for download but for now I will post details here for you to try out now.

1, Locate your Fm2010 installation directory.

2, Locate the Data/sigfx/meshes/pitch directory inside the FM2010 installation directory.

3, Create a new text file using notepad.exe inside that directory and call it config.xml and put the following in that file:

Quote:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<boolean id="cache" value="false"/>

</record>

4, Save and close the file. So what you should end up with is a file called config.xml in Data/sigfx/meshes/pitch

Once you have done that repeat the same for Data/sigfx/meshes/stadium, i.e. create a textfile called config.xml with the same as above.

Make sure that when you save the file it is only called config.xml.

Give it a go.

For those on OSX - try the same but obviously you will have to use something other than notepad.exe.

If someone has already linked that specific post feel free to delete it Matt.

I re-downloaded Java and re-installed it and it seems to solve the issue (at least for now). I used to get a crash dump error each time I access the finances screen and after the re-installation everything seems fine. Thanks :) Hope this helps someone else with the same issue

I also have the crash when entering the finance screen. I have the latest java, drivers, etc and I just gave up and deleted the game. I also have the memory leaks so I'll wait for the patch before starting over...

Everybody, please post if you are experiencing the crash dumps problem!

I have been having this problem since october 30th and have been looking every day here for a solution since, I think alot of users are having this issue, so i hope that you will please post so SEGA & SI can see the severity of the problem.

I have tried all the solutions that sega have posted and had no joy!

I have not heard anyone here post that they have overcome the problem.

How long will I have to wait for this problem to be resolved.

It's a great game, with a BIG Problem. SORT IT OUT SI.

I just had my first crash dump in october of the 1st season with the english leauge load down to the BSS/N playing in windowed mode in 2d, and now it won't let me realod the game, have i lost this game forever? or any advice on how i can save it?

would unisntalling and reinstalling the game help me save my game?

I got Dumped today 5 seasons in just about to start the season she walks in the room and its over, apparently I don’t spend enough time with her and didn’t listen to what she was saying or something. Mum says I’ll get over it. :(

I also have the crash when entering the finance screen. I have the latest java, drivers, etc and I just gave up and deleted the game. I also have the memory leaks so I'll wait for the patch before starting over...

me 2 it is very frustrating never had issues or crashdumps but now after 4 seasons at barcelona each time the finances screen crash dump.. i re-installed java (first deleted it) but it doen't work for me, still i have the crash dump.. someone can help??

One thing that helps me (not the crash) is to Ctrl+S before every match. And i know there will be a crash at some point, so i just keep on saving.

Works for me lol

be careful mate i used to do that but then my save crashed after a game and i couldn't load it so back them up

be careful mate i used to do that but then my save crashed after a game and i couldn't load it so back them up

Been doing that for about 10 seasons now, so it's been going good so far (knock on wood :p)

And if my savegame becomes corrupt, well, then i have to start another one.

But thanks for the warning.

• Administrators

I would very much suggest 'Saving As' so you get a separate save as back up. I would always recommend having more than one save, simply because of crashes/power cuts or anything else which could effect your game.

Had my first one this morning. One thing isn't in doubt in my mind though, and that this kind of major bug will be fixed. Annoying to have to wait, but impossible to doubt the team which make this kind of offer (about a bug which is similar but not the same as this one btw):

Yes we are working on it, problem is, and I have sent you a PM about this - we have never seen this bug at SI and I can't imagine how we would begin to try to reproduce it. So one thing that we have thought about here at SI is borrowing one of the PC's that actually has this bug so that we can get to the heart of it. Would any of you be willing to do this?

I do have a crash after every single match I play (3D). The only workaround yet is:

1. Create one save

2. Create a second save

3. Play the match

4. Save both saved games

5. Continue the game up to the next match

6. Save both games

7. Quit the game (close FM)

8. Reload FM the one of the saved games

9. Play the match (go back to point 3, and so on forever)

Without this workaround;

1. Play the match

2. Continue the game up to the next match

3. Play the game

4. Click on “Tactics” or waiting for the half-time to display the “Tactics” screen makes ALWAYS crash the game (need to kill it with Taskmanager)

Note that this never, ever happened with the demo. Please SI, recognize we’re really cool customers to accept such behavior from a paying product.

Matt - SEGA

Marketing Bloke

Sorry that you're struggling.

There are a few things that you can do that will minimise the chances of crashing;

- Update graphics card drivers and sound card drivers.

- Update DirectX.

- Update Java.

- Try running in windowed mode.

- Don't go bonanza with the number of teams, leagues and players you load at the start of the game.

Let us know how you get on...

You’re a funny guy, ain’t you? Did you notice that NOT starting the game makes it actually run without a flaw? What’s the point of selling a product with 100 playable leagues if the official thread is that you can’t actually play with all the leagues because the game crashes? Sounds as honest as Henry’s hand excuse:rolleyes:.

You’re a funny guy, ain’t you? Did you notice that NOT starting the game makes it actually run without a flaw? What’s the point of selling a product with 100 playable leagues if the official thread is that you can’t actually play with all the leagues because the game crashes? Sounds as honest as Henry’s hand excuse:rolleyes:.

Not trying to be funny, fella, just trying to provide some help while SI are working on a patch solution. Sorry.

Over the years theres a credibility issue about siga games. every year FM2010 has a lot of problems. last year there was a problem with the registration of the game. This year i dont know from where to start and where to finish. steam problems, crash dump. how is this possible. this is the last year i buy this game. it doesnt worth all these troubles. there are much better games available and more CREDIBLE COMPANIES THAN SIGA GAMES.

I get the crash dump every two games. It hits me when I view the tactics before my match. If I avoid looking at the tactics, it will crash dump during load match, or as soon as I have to look at in game tactics.

It used to crash every four games, but seems to be getting worse. I'm only at Xmas of my first season, and now its every two. I imagine pretty soon I won't even be able to load the game.

I'm using 9 leagues in 6 countries. Only England is playable, with all the rest view only.

I have tried all the SI suggestions, along with creating the config.xml in two seperate folders. I'm at a loss, and assuming I'm out of luck until the patch.

Thanks for keeping us updated SI, and I look forward to a fix.

I get the crash dump every two games. It hits me when I view the tactics before my match. If I avoid looking at the tactics, it will crash dump during load match, or as soon as I have to look at in game tactics.

It used to crash every four games, but seems to be getting worse. I'm only at Xmas of my first season, and now its every two. I imagine pretty soon I won't even be able to load the game.

I'm using 9 leagues in 6 countries. Only England is playable, with all the rest view only.

I have tried all the SI suggestions, along with creating the config.xml in two seperate folders. I'm at a loss, and assuming I'm out of luck until the patch.

Thanks for keeping us updated SI, and I look forward to a fix.

Sounds like it, but have you gone through the thread in the bugs forum - there are some other suggestions in there I think.

Also - just to confirm - have you tried all the other suggestions. Sorry if so - please bear with us...:(

Hello !

I have the same problem with crash dump.

I was playing with Cambridge for 4 seasons, and now I get crash dump on every match.

I tried everything you said here but nothing works . I hope SI will solve this problem with next patch because this is frustrating.

The game is holding on to too much information, after a game it holds everything from that game for a number of matches and every game after that for a number of matches so it is building up the memory the computer needs to run it. Can the data from previous matches not just be cut down to say 1 or 2 games to stop the build up.

I have also noticed in my network game, if i got to watch my mates game the memory usage races up.

The game holding the info is jst my opinion of the problem, but im in to second season and ive saved well over 100 times so im getting a bit PEED off.

An update about the crash dump:

As I’ve posted above, I can’t play more than one match before saving, quit FM and reload the game. Otherwise I always get the crash dump.

Upgrading this or that is plain bull… no effect at all.

I was about to give up playing, and saw some skins. Installed one in the right folder, it works and:

Hahah crash dump now happens even before the first match after I’ve reloaded the save game.

Could be an indication about the source of the original crash dump: THE FM GUI/SKIN

As soon as I’ve switched back to the original skin, the crash dump came back to its normal behavior; start fm, play a match, save game, click “Continue” after a couple of in game days: crash dump.

I’m not sure it’s related with the FM original skin but yet it was quite interesting.

Could those who have the crash dump switch to the original one and check if the frequency of the crash changes?

Just FYI we've now released Patch 10.1.1 and the details on how to get this is here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=158962

Please download and run the new patch and let us know if you're still having trouble.

As Neil said we're not ignoring anyone, we've been working hard trying to identify and get these problems sorted.

Thanks.

Is this a brand new patch then? and is it supposed to have fixed the Crash Dump Error? Im a bit confused lol.

This is a Big issue. Twice now i've tried to be barcelona and both times i've got crash dumps,this has also happened to two of my mates while managing barca.

Is it just ramdom or is it impossible to manage barca till we get a second patch?????

Just FYI we've now released Patch 10.1.1 and the details on how to get this is here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=158962

Please download and run the new patch and let us know if you're still having trouble.

As Neil said we're not ignoring anyone, we've been working hard trying to identify and get these problems sorted.

Thanks.

Thank you for listening and starting to take action before 10.2. :)

• Administrators
Still having the same problem after patch.

Game crashes if i go to the finance page.

This is something we haven't been able to reproduce internally. If you upload your save game to the FTP we'll take a look.

Have you used the data editor or a in-game modifier at all? Let me know, thanks.

This is something we haven't been able to reproduce internally. If you upload your save game to the FTP we'll take a look.

Have you used the data editor or a in-game modifier at all? Let me know, thanks.

It is uploaded the file can be found in the game-crash FTP map and the file is named "Crash dump @ Finance Page Save Game + Crash dumps"

And no i didnt use the data editor or a in-game modifier.

If you need more info ask me :)

I noticed the 'patch 1.1.1' - does this actually work or is it yet another SI red herring?

Also will it work retroactively?

I'm interested but it won't stop me taking the game back to the shop. We should all do this! You can always buy it again when it's been sorted out!

SI have taken me, you and all football fans for idiots on numerous occasions but this is by far the worst episode and proves they have no sense of integrity at all.

It is uploaded the file can be found in the game-crash FTP map and the file is named "Crash dump @ Finance Page Save Game + Crash dumps"

And no i didnt use the data editor or a in-game modifier.

If you need more info ask me :)

amazingly it doesnt crash anymore.

i didnt do anything special, i just kept playing without going to the Finance page.

If i open my old save game and go to the Finance page it still crashes though.

Archived