dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Just catching up on some of the recent updates in here.

Nep. Congratulations on getting to L2. I should have done it this year too but underperformed badly.

Turning pro will have an enormous impact:thup:.

What do the keys on your nicknames indicate? You have *, **, _name_ and !name!, (can't replicate the vetical line) lol, and of course I know all about the Youth Prospects, (but haven't posted in there yet).

You seem to be struggling with finances. Compare yours to mine. A little strange.

Bellseys looks quality!

Where did you get the like of de Vet & Filipov from? Can't believe that de Vet scored 57 goals and wasn't voted player of the season and wasn't selected in Confeence National team of the season.

WayneO. I ignorethe results of frendlies and really just use them for fitness. I would advise you to do the same. If you get hammered, (which is a distinct possibility early on), then get your squad morale and form back up before your first leage game by playing a couple of games against your Reserves/U18's, (and ignore the fact that you don't have any players in these squads). As for what you should be aiming for in your first season. Anything except relagation and the sack should be considered a success. The 2nd year you should aim at a mid table finish. The 3rd year the playoffs and promotion by the 4th season. Earlier than that is a bonus.

Looks like you are way ahead of schedule at this stage:thup:.

Seanefc. Yes, running only the English leagues WILL skew future results in favour of ENglish clubs, but it is the only way to have us all playing the same game. As soon as you start adding other leagues/Nations then the players that are available change and this changes the challenge. This way it is standard for all participants.

SirDez. Making good progress:thup:.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nep. Congratulations on getting to L2. I should have done it this year too but underperformed badly.

Turning pro will have an enormous impact:thup:.

What do the keys on your nicknames indicate? You have *, **, _name_ and !name!, (can't replicate the vetical line) lol, and of course I know all about the Youth Prospects, (but haven't posted in there yet).

You seem to be struggling with finances. Compare yours to mine. A little strange.

Bellseys looks quality!

Where did you get the like of de Vet & Filipov from? Can't believe that de Vet scored 57 goals and wasn't voted player of the season and wasn't selected in Confeence National team of the season.

* = Needs first team football, is of a young age and a potential legend.

** = Needs first team football, is of any age and is a potential legend.

_NAME_ = Flat runner. Aka, fast striker.

|NAME| = Big man, aka Tall striker.

I had to put the _ _'s and | |'s in to distinguish my strike force from one another, because I was testing a fair few forwards, and needed to make sure I either had a big man / big man or big man / little man partnership, and that was easier than checking profiles each time.

Yea financially its been hard. I've never had any upgrades of any kind, and now I'm in League 2 that could be costly. The reason the finances were so poor is 2fold. 1st, my cup runs were pathetic, and I usually count on them being a large source of income, but secondly, my attendances were awful. Constantly in the bottom 2 for average attendance in BSS (4 years) and BSP (1 year) and am rock bottom in League 2 for Ave Att's too. I was getting around 300 per game with Hendon, where as with AFC Wimbledon, it was in the thousands and made a massive impact.

De Vet came from Fulham reserves on loan. They were my feeder club (at the time) - and he was farmed out to me. He didn't win player of the season, I can only assume because his loan deal ended before the FPotY was decided. This happened for most of my loanee's. fwiw, he's now regarded as one of the best players on the game, is worth nearly £20,000,000 and is a regular international player.

I genuinely don'r remember Filipov, and have no reccolection of him in my game :confused:

Just build a team, and don't be scared to sign 50-80 players in a season to find the right line up. :thup:

I watch this thread a lot while playing my save in the JoseRR's Challenge, I have played a large number of lower league games throughout Europe and have used many techniques, but I think the most amusing one was when I had 30 days from the players returning until my first real game, and By this stage I had already got 30 players on trial in that first season, so I kept trialling anyone who looked good and had a friendly set for every single day, by the time my first game came around I had managed to tie down the 22 players I wanted to start the season with, of course I also had a reserve squad FULL of players I had trialled, but I have found this method worked well that time, but not really since.

In the first season I usually set up a filter on the List something like "contract Status" is "Expired" or "Expiring" or "Unattached", Position is "???", Attributes are more than "10" or at most "1" (This accounts for those with blank in there from the fog of war) with about 3-4 key attributes for the position as I see it. I also like to search young as these players are generally cheaper, yeah they sometimes make some big errors, but if you sign them and train them up you may end up with either a superstar or a player you can sell off for a pretty penny. If I cannot find two players of quality in a position under 25 then I look at 30+ as these guys are also pretty cheap. I admit this technique means it can take me a few seasons to build promotion, but after that first season I have my scouts out just searching everywhere they can, and if they find someone better than my current starter or I see that one could be better with coaching I will bring them in.

On the scouting front, I run a three scout system, two with High JA and one with high JP, if I can get them with both this is better, but the JP one is looking at players Under 21 and the other two at players over 21. Then once I get a good report I get it checked by one of the other scouts then trial or if he looks good I sign.

Hope this advice is helpful to someone :)

I had dreams of my Aussie keeper playing for another decade and becoming a club legend (he was well on the way, especially with the shelf life of keepers compared to outfield players), but that is not to be as I've had to sell him after his unhappiness really affected his performances over pre-season and the first three games of the season proper (LXW). I ended up getting £210K + 10% for him, which isn't great but paid for his replacement, who is not as good but at least wants to be at the club. Will post screenshots tomorrow when I load up.

Dean Price is also refusing to sign a new deal and has "holding out in hope of a big move at the end of his contract" on his personal screen, so if this doesn't change by January I may offer him to clubs.

I holiday friendlies with "use current match tactics" ticked, but for someone who likes to play the pre-season themselves, this is actually very clever.

Even if you are holidaying them it will give you a small idea of how a trial player will do ;)

I have since changed my first season method though :)

Guest roberto922

Right then I've finally got to January on my mums sluggish laptop and the update will either be tonight or tomorrow evening.

Guest roberto922

AFC Wimbledon Update - Season 9 (2016/2017)

To Begin....

My expectations this season have only really been to equal or slightly exceed last season and thankfully we have so far done just that, if we keep this up I've got a feeling we can get 5th place.

Premiership Prediction - 14th

Premiership Position - 8th

F.A Cup - 3rd Round vs West Brom

League Cup - Quarter final (out)

Premiership - Graph | Table

Premiership : A solid season so far, we're where I want us to be with a good chance at getting a place in the UEFA Cup through the league this time rather than Intertoto.

F.A Cup : Nothing to report on as of yet.

League Cup : I really thought we were going to win the tournament this season but we ended up going out to Tottenham.

Club Ranking - 108th

Other Info

Finances

Squad

Team Info

Transfers

Season Summary

Aside from the League Cup, this was a fantastic season. European football, a great squad assembled and progress with our previously weak defense. My target this season is to finish 5th - 6th.

Season 1 - Blue Square South - 1st place. Promoted

Season 2 - Blue Square Premier - 3rd place. Promoted

Season 3 - League Two - 17th place

Season 4 - League Two - 2nd place. Promoted

Season 5 - League One - 9th place

Season 6 - League One - 1st place. Promoted

Season 7 - Championship - 5thplace. Promoted

Season 8 - Premiership - 8th place.

Season 9 - Premiership - 8th place so far

Even if you are holidaying them it will give you a small idea of how a trial player will do ;)

I have since changed my first season method though :)

I was thinking more about if you holiday friendlies you have no control over who plays and thus you'll get players playing consecutive days in that scenario. However I guess you could tick the 'assistant manager takes friendlies' option and 'keep current line-up where possible'.

nice work roberto. You're flying through the season to top class footy :thup: (I wish I could do it that quick).

Unlucky with Bates, sirdez24, he looked a corker, its a shame you couldn't keep hold of him. :thdn: - Les hope Lloyd is just a short term fix, and you get a decent GK in the next window.

I was thinking more about if you holiday friendlies you have no control over who plays and thus you'll get players playing consecutive days in that scenario. However I guess you could tick the 'assistant manager takes friendlies' option and 'keep current line-up where possible'.

Easy solution there ;) Make it your reserves playing not your first team and put only 22 players into the reserves each day :) Worked that little trick out as well haha

Hi all just a Quick update on my Hitchin town game

i just been through the 1st season and is was kinda dull as i stay in 12th place most of the season and i got kicked off the cup competitions as soon as they started.the only reason why i am 12th was because of 2 arsenal kids that i got on loan from my parent club arsenal.1 of them is goalkeeper from the U-18s and another was a defender called thomas Cruise.

Currently im 6 games into the 2nd season with hitchin and im currently top of the table thanks to 5 arsenal kiddos (Thomas Cruise(defender),Luke freeman(Striker),Frimpong(Midfielder),Van den berg(right wing),kyle bartley(defender).

Luke freeman already had a couple of hattricks.i have high hopes for the season hoping i could get promoted this season

I'm getting so frustrated in League 2 :(

I started the season immensely, keeping up in the play-off places, which was a bit of a dream, to be honest, but now its all gone down hill. I'm losing to bottom half teams, and getting beaten comfortably. I know I'm not expected to work miracles this season, but every last one of my starting 11 is rated "A Good Championship Player" or better. (2 even thought of as A good signing for most Premier League sides, and KIZZ is regarded as a "Leading Star for most Premiership sides"

Surely with a team like this I should be picking up a healthy amount of points. Unfortunately, I'm going to lose a fair few of my stars this season, as they wont sign new deals, and already Butterbean and KIZZ are leaving on a free at the end of the season, with KIZZ going to Inverness CT, and Butterbean to Kilmarnock. I tried to flog them off with + 50% 's on, but no clubs wanted them. I got so desperate to get the 50% sell on fee, I even offered them out for £0 + 50%, but the only takers were Div 1 sides, or other Scottish sides, but they still chose the free transfer routes. :(

Aside from the few that are leaving, I've still got a great core of players, but they just dont want to seem to play together.

Guest roberto922

Thanks nep, I think it'll take me two - three seasons to get Champions league football but I'm definitely pleased with our performances. Ched Evans has been fantasticso far and actually managed 3rd place in the European Striker of the year along with Fedrico Fazio finishing in the top 3 for defender of the year, despite that, the player that has impressed me most so far has to be Fischer (21, DRC) I brought him from the reserve side for a month when Craig Davis was injured and he's never looked back thank god, it means I don't have to look for a better right back so I can focus fully on left back.

Good luck with yours, I didn't like League Two much either tbh, it's a huge step up from Non - league football.

Results like this are absolutely killing me. Most games I'm dominating possession and creating chances, but at this level the AI is literally scoring from just about every shot on target. January can't come quick enough as I really need to bolster my defence, which isn't up to standard.

Quick update. A couple of wins in a row has pulled me up into the top half, just, at the halfway mark of the season - league table. As you can see, I haven't had any trouble scoring goals, but only Southend have shipped more (and they beat me 4-0 at Fossett Farm!).

I still have a problem with Dean Price, whose value has now gone to seven figures but still has no interest in renewing. I don't really have a problem with offering him to clubs on January 1st, especially given I've lined up Matt Kerr, who Sunderland released, however Price has the club and me listed as his favourites and I'm worried I'll get the whole "feels he is being forced out" rubbish if I do this.

Any advice? I was thinking of offering for around £750K + 30% first up...

Guest roberto922

Very quick update. In January I brought in a top 18 year old DM called Gascon from a Spanish side (I think it was Mallorca) for 5m (I'll show a proper screenie in the EoS update). In even bigger news we have been tussling with Everton for 4th place for the last month, switching places 5 times, it's looking like a very interesting season for us.

Guest roberto922

AFC Wimbledon Update - Season 9 (2016/2017)

To begin....

Jones enters 500th game with AFC Wimbledon

There may be trouble ahead...

Uhoh :(

Phew!

Premiership Prediction - 14th

Premiership Position - 6th

F.A Cup - 4th Round

League Cup - 5th Round

UEFA Cup - 2nd Round

Premiership - Graph | Table

Premiership: We've had a very solid season, as the graph shows, after an initially bad start we went from strength to strength and the result of that was a well deserved UEFA Cup berth. My expectations for this season were 6th/7th place so It's good to see us on course. To be honest I don't really think we were ready for the Champions League yet so in a way it was better that we finished 6th than 4th, a position we'd been vying for since late January. In the end the two games proved to be vital, in game 37 our star defender Federico Fazio was sent off, leaving us with an out of form Savin and Emre Sahin, who was clearly above his suited level, to cope in the two vital games, as you can see we lost to Aston Villa. After the match I then complained about the sending off which didn't turn out too good. So there we were, if we won we'd hold on to 4th but a defeat would spell the end, two problems being that the defensive rock and the manager were both missing, we then proceeded to lose to Everton and all of a sudden it was over.

F.A Cup : In the third round we were drawn away against West Brom, we proceeded to the 4th round after a 3-1 win. After that we travelled to Sunderland where we fell at only the second hurdle, dissapointing really, hopefully next year I'll be able to do alot better.

League Cup: Lost 3-1 vs Tottenham in the Quarter Final

EURO Cup: And so our European adventure begins! First up was a return ticket to Illichivets, Ukraine. We took them out 7-4 on aggregate to go through to the EURO Cup. In the first qualifying round we drew Ruzomberok of Slovakia, we continued at their expense as we won 8-1 on aggregate. We then knocked 5 past Wisla with only one reply before we entered the group stages. We were drawn with Roma, Panathinaikos, Bezanijiya and Kayerispor. We won 3 and lost 1 as we continued to the next stage in 2nd place, that's where we more than met our match. We faced the mighty AC Milan, fresh from a 3rd placed Champions league finish but still ranked #1 in the world and were to be eventual EURO Cup winners. All I could do was watch as we were battered Home and Away, beaten 3-0 at home before Miguel Jones gave a heroic performance at the San Siro by keeping them down to 2 goals with Federico Fazio scoring a consolation goal in the 61st minute. All in all a good experience although we'll obviously be hoping to go further next year and not meet the European Cup and now EURO Cup champions again.

European Club Ranking: 79th

Other Info

Finances

Squad

Team Info

Transfers

Photobucket is playing up at the moment so I will post the finances and squad as well as the players of the season and youngster watch later as they all require screenshots.

Season Summary

A great season. Decent cup runs, a good stint in Europe and we've moved to a new stadium at last... or have we? Basically two days after we had moved to our brand spanking new 18k seater stadium the board has decided to get a 14m loan on top of the 15m we had already from building the stadium and expand the AFC Wimbledon Stadium by 11 thousand seats, whilst this will be excellent in the long term it is certainly going to affect our spending power and despite my budget of 17m I'm going to have to try to keep it below £10 million.

Manager history

Season 1 - Blue Square South - 1st place. Promoted

Season 2 - Blue Square Premier - 1st Place. Promoted

Season 3 - League Two - 17th Place.

Season 4 - League Two - 2nd Place. Promoted

Season 5 - League One - 9th Place.

Season 6 - League One - 1st Place. Promoted

Season 7 - Championship - 5th Place. Promoted

Season 8 - Premiership - 7th Place. Qualified for EURO Vase

Season 9 - Premiership - 6th Place. Qualified for UEFA Cup

Guest roberto922

Two new signings to strengthen our defense:

Fabio

Arboleda

The future looks bright defensively, next season I'll buy a replacement for Fazio and then we should be alright for a couple of years.

Season Review - Billericay Town - 2014/15 - Championship

A really solid season. Outclassed by the big boys, but battled well above our weight against the midtable sides and beat the teams down the bottom fairly easily. Taking 13 points from the final six games of the season gave me the final Manager of the Month award of the season, and left us a very comfortable 9th - final table.

Just for an idea of how out of our depth we were, have a look at the average attendance list. And we were nearly selling out each week!

Both Price and Murat are refusing to sign new deals and it's looking like I'll lose them for free, something I find quite funny as Price has "thinks the club should retain the services of Murat" in his personal section, and Murat has "thinks the club should retain the services of Price" in his. Hypocritical bastards.

Trinidad and Tobago skipper Kern Belgrave was a deadline day signing from Reading but struggled somewhat with form and injuries, although with a pre-season I'm hopeful he'll be much better next campaign.

I also handed an early debut to Matt Deakin and he looks like he's going to be a real gem, already showing he has an eye for a pass from central midfield.

Boychev was my leading scorer but he is another who is refusing to discuss a new contract. I still have him for another season though so there is time to change his mind.

Finally, Andrew McGrath is on his way from Blackburn (who are bankrupt) for a snip at £1K. If I can repeat a top ten finish I'll be delighted given the players I will potentially be losing in the next couple of months.

Merthyr Tydfil - Season 08/09 - Blue Square South

PROMOTION:D

Great Season. I expected us to finish pretty high in the table and challenge for promotion as I brought in some pretty good players all around. We managed a 4th placed finishand promotion via the play-offs.

Here's our Squad. As you can see we scored ALOT of goals, most coming from Marc Willims (He went an amazing 18 hours without scoring), Jack Jeffrey and the amazing Oliver Hotchkiss.

A Special mention goes out to our 17 year old defensive midfielder Richard Gardner who was sensational throughout the season.

Now to our play-offs. We drew AFC Wimbledon in the semis. I expected it to be pretty tough, but it was a breeze.

Play Off Semi Finals Leg 1

Merthyr Tydfil 3-0 AFC Wimbledon

Ply Off Semi Finals Leg 2

AFC Wibledon 2-3 Merthyr Tydfil

Then we drew Worcester and what a thriller it was..

Play Off Finals

Worcester 3-4 Merthyr Tydfil

WHAT A RESULT ;)

to the premier we goooo :D

Hi all

Remember a back on page 110 i said this:

"As the new game is out in about a month or so i am gonna have another crack at this but not change a single thing on training (leave it on general) and also the standard tactic that comes with the team ( so no changing team or individual instructions) and see how long it takes me to get promoted"

Well this is what i have been doing. So here is my progress so far.

Chelseadaft Ilkeston Blue Square North 2008/2009.

As usual when you start one of these challenges unless you start with AFC Wimbledon its very unusual for your squad to have non greyed out players! So i had to bring in free transfers at the start of the season. It also helped that Ilkeston had just signed a deal with Derby County to be our parent club too so i used the option of loans and brought in 2 long term and 4 on renewed 3 month loans for the season. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/chelseadaft/Season1/transfers.jpg

As per above i am sticking to not touching the tactics or individual player instructions for this challenge. But i think i have found the key to success in the BSS / BSN. I utilised the scout reports and the only thing i used was opposition instructions. This worked a treat. The side performed above all expectations, neutralised more often than not the opposition dangermen and played well, dont get me wrong, the loans helped, but we only ran out of steam in the last three games and lost in the playoff final.. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/chelseadaft/Season1/pofinal.jpg

We finished 3rd and i was delighted! Here are some more screenies:

Table http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/chelseadaft/Season1/table.jpg

Squad http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/chelseadaft/Season1/squad.jpg

Finances http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/chelseadaft/Season1/finances.jpg

Season 2 Chelseadaft Ilkeston Blue Square North 2009/2010 PROMOTED AS CHAMPIONS!

Well i used the same opposition instructions and nothing to the tactics, individual instructions or training. Managed to get hold of the same loan players on same deals from Derby and have won the league! Screenies below:

Table http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/chelseadaft/Season%202/table2.jpg

Squad http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/chelseadaft/Season%202/squad2.jpg

Transfers http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/chelseadaft/Season%202/transfers2.jpg

Finances http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/chelseadaft/Season%202/finances2.jpg

Manager of the year http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/chelseadaft/Season%202/MOTY.jpg

Board Message http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/chelseadaft/Season%202/boardmessage.jpg

As you will see from the squad screen, my two loan signings have done great for me especially as one of them scored over 40 goals for me this season. But he still didnt finish top scorer. The top scorer also turned out to be player of the season.. have a look (amazing!) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/chelseadaft/Season%202/topscorer.jpg

Roll on next season in the Blue Square Premier!

As you will see from the squad screen, my two loan signings have done great for me especially as one of them scored over 40 goals for me this season. But he still didnt finish top scorer. The top scorer also turned out to be player of the season.. have a look (amazing!) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/chelseadaft/Season%202/topscorer.jpg

quote]

that's ridiculous!! :eek:

Real London Update - Season 6 (2013/2014)

Coca-Cola League 2 Prediction - 24th

Coca-Cola League 2 Position - 20th

F.A Cup - 3rd Round

Setanta Shield - South Quarter-Final

League Cup - 3rd Round

Coca-Cola League 2 - Graph | Table

Coca-Cola League 2: Ultimately, I was disappointed with the final position in League 2. I was expecting a relegation dog fight, but at the start of the season, and for the first 12-15 games, I was hangin' out with the big boys. I was playing spectacular footy, destroying everything put before me. Then, it collapsed. I couldn't put my finger on why, or when, but I started losing games left, right and center. I went from being a safe 18 points ahead of the relegation zone, to a mere 6 points ahead, and all of a sudden worrying about weather or not I could stay up. I had a good hard look at my team. There were so many players I were playing that were in the completely wrong position. I had Bullseye on the wing, where I should have had him playing through the middle, dictating the game. I had KIZZ tied up in defense, when in reality, he was the perfect defensive midfielder to counter balance Bullseye's attacking flair. I had The Hunter on the wing, when yet again, he was much more potent in the center of the field, rotating with KIZZ and Bullseye. George Kemp, my DC supreme wasn't being plyed to his strenghts, and had completely the wrong individual settings. I fixed all my tactical errors, and the team woke up towards the end of the season. We still only wound up 20th, and a mere 7 points away from safety, but that was a great finish, considering what could've happened. Only 3 or 4 wins away from a strong mid-table position.

F.A Cup : Another 3rd Round. Unfortunately, there were no Premiership clubs for me this season, so I couldn't really capitalize on the financial side of things, but for a club like ours to hit the 3rd Round of the F.A Cup 2 seasons running is immense.

Setanta Shield : Made it to the S Quarter-Final this season, after some great performances. Eventually lost out to Plymouth.

League Cup : My first entry into the League cup was a joyful one. I beat Premiership Birmingham away from home 3-2, after being 2-0 down, with Carl Simmons scoring a superb second half hat-trick. I was then drawn up against Man City in the 3rd Round, but unfortunately is was a home tie, so I could yet again not capitalize on the finances. 1-0 up at HT, but eventually went down 3-1 to a far superior side.

Best Elevens - Season | Overall

Other Info

Finances

Team Selection

Team Info

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Manager Profile

Player Records

Team Records

Transfers

Affiliated Clubs

Real London Staff

Awards

Coca-Cola League 2 Top Goal Scorer - Carl Simmons (Runner-Up)

Real London, Fans Player of the Year - Carl Simmons

Coca-Cola League 2 Team of the Year - Carl Simmons, Bullseye

New Real London Records*

Record Attendace - 3,023

Record Average Attendance - 2,747

Record Gate's - £30,000

Record High - 20th, Coca-Cola League 2

Record League Apps - 175, Bulseye

*Records are only displayed when broken, and may not represent the final tally of the broken record

Players of the Season

Carl Simmons - Another who I'd been playing in the wrong position over the last few years. I'd had him in the center of the park, but clearly Striker was his calling. A brilliant tally, and scored over 50% of the clubs goals this season.

Bullseye - Season after season this guy performs for me. Assist after assist, goals too, great perfomances, high average ratings and a great asset to the club. Became Real London's record league capped player.

Season Summary

All in all, a good season. Great cup runs, and a tidy league campaign. The low points of the season have to be losing KIZZ, Butterbean, Greenbean and Tomb Raider. The first 3 on free transfers, as they wouldn't sign new deals, but I managed to pawn Raider off for £4,000 before his contract was signed up for free. It will be a big rebuilding season for me next season, with a defense to fill out, and some wingers to bring in, and I need a decent Striker to partner Simmons.

Manager history

Season 1 - Blue Square South - 8th place

Season 2 - Blue Square South - 12th place

Season 3 - Blue Square South - 2nd place

Season 4 - Blue Square South - 1st place | Promoted to Blue Square Premier

Season 5 - Blue Square Premier - 2nd place | Promoted to Division 2, via play-offs.

Season 6 - Coca-Cola League 2 - 20th place

*Real London were formerly Hendon

Yea cheers. I was just disappointed because I had such a good start. Injuries didn't help, but the main problem was, the fact that I had good cup runs, I was always 2 or 3 games behind in the league, and that made my position lower by attrition. Had I not had the cup runs, I firmly believe I could have finished a comfortable mid table.

As for loanee's, I honestly don't need them. I have so many players in my squad rated as "Leading Stars in Champ" / "Good Champ Player" / "Leading Star in Div. 1" - that a loaned in player wouldn't exactly pick up the first team spot. I don't have 1 person in my first team squad (with exception to my Youth Player Projects) that's rated a "Div 2 player". They're all rated Div 1, Champ, and Holmes, Bullseye, Simons and Kemp are rated Good to Leading star for the Prem.

Edit : Just checked my squad again, and Dave McKenzie is also a prem rated player.

Edit mkII : Eddie O'Neil is also prem rated.

So if my squad is fully fit, 6 of the 10 outfields are good enough to play in the prem. Which is why I'm not happy about my finishing position in League 2 last season.

Nah didn't complete it. I had a problem with my laptop, and had to have it sent to Apple. So I put everything on my External HD. (Real London Game was in 2032 IIRC). In the time my laptop was in the shop, I'd played 2 or 3 more seasons on my spare laptop. When I got my laptop back, and was transferring all the data back over, I somehow managed to delete the 2035 game, and was left with the 2032 game. In the 3 seasons that I'd played, I made soooo many massive gains, and especially the progress of YP19, I just couldn't face going through the 3 seasons again, and perhaps not getting the same gains, and rather started again, using fake players along with Jimbo and a few others. Its a shame, as it was one of my fave ever saves for many reasons, underlyingly the beggning on the Youth Projects. :(

Just out of interest, how many players have actualy completed this challenge? or atleast one part of it? Is this thread now so dead, simply because everyone have finished???

I just do not have the patience to read through 112 pages to find out ;)

Its an excellent challenge by the way, i am just gutted that i have never managed to finish it. In the previous two FM's i took Billericay and Staines quite far, Billericay i think was championship, and Staines was premiership, but i never stuck with it. This is my first 'real' attempt at the challenge with FM08 (infact, with the exception of my everton save, ive hardly stuck at any of the games ive started in this version come to think of it :(). Its odd that i didnt stick at the Staines game in FM07, we have Bojan upfront, he was on loan from our parent club chelsea for about 3 or 4 years, from something like League 2, all the way to the prem, before i actually managed to buy him! Massively unrealistic of course, but great fun!

Currently at the end of Jan09 on my Mangotsfield save, will do an undate at the end of the season. Building an entire team from scratch has been an interesting experience!

Just out of interest, how many players have actualy completed this challenge? or atleast one part of it? Is this thread now so dead, simply because everyone have finished???
I've found it for you (Link!).

gillianchung, Scab, Leth4187, Beng, 3Sixty, dafuge, Rickaldo, kaNovi, ejthegreat, Annihilator666 and michaeltmurrayuk have completed the challenge. That's 11 people.

...and also...

Blue Square South - Graph | Table

Coca-Cola League 2:

Ton of bricks, NepentheZ ;)

Archived