dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm assuming you downloaded this game of dafuges website because I've got exactly the same grey players. Make sure you get Darren Francis signed up properly, my best player so far.

Guiseley Blue Square Premier update 2010/011

Well i was right to be worried about our form from the end of last season as we carried that on and lost the first 4 games of the season including a 4-1 home hammering by Stockport.

Things didnt get much better despite a 4-0 win over Torquay as only two wins from the next five games left us languishing in 21st position and in the relegation places.

But a 1-0 victory over Grays kickstarted our season as we went on a great run of form where there was only 1 defeat in the next 11 league and cup games which put us in a comfortable midtable position mainly thanks to the goals of Adam Le Fondre. The rest of the season was a bit mixed as we were immense at home but massively struggled away and this prevented a challenge for the playoffs and meant an eventual finishing place of 14th which is slightly disappoiting but its progress from last year so cant really complain.

Table

http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tablepx6.png

I did learn a valuable lesson this season though and that was too not make huge squad changes in such a short space of time, but this season there wont be as many changes as there is a strong core too the squad. The Key player is Adam Le Fondre who ended up with 39 goals in all competitions to make him top league scorer. Damon Lathrope and Magnus Ueland were also two of the summer signings that turned out too be key players. Now with a more settled squad maybe there will be a chance to push on for the playoffs.....

Squad

http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=squadoj2.png

Real London Update - Season 4 (2011/2012)

Blue Square South Prediction - 6th

Blue Square South Position - 1st

F.A Cup - 1st Round

Setanta Shield - 4th Round

F.A. Trophy - 1st Round

Blue Square South - Graph | Table

Blue Square South : WINNERS..!! I'm delighted. Apart from Forest Green Rovers, I completely dominated the league. Forest Green just couldn't keep up with the pace at the end of the season, allowing me to sew up the league with 3 games to go. Over 100 points, over 100 goals and just in general a perfect season. The only low point I can remember is losing to bottom club Hayes & Yeading who at the time had only won 2 games in 33, 2-1 after leading, and conceding 2 goals in injury time.

F.A Cup : Made it to the first round, where a home draw against Accrington Stanley saw me attract my biggest crowd and my biggest gate receipts. Its just what I needed, since the club is in such a financial mess.

Setanta Shield : Only made it to the first round, which is what the board wanted. Would have liked to have gone further.

F.A Trophy : An OK run here. Lost to BSP club, but should have done better.

Best Elevens - Season | Overall

Other Info

Finances

Team Selection

Team Info

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Manager Profile

Player Records

Team Records

Transfers

Affiliated Clubs

Real London Staff

Awards

Real London Fans Player of the Year - Paul Hardy

Blue Square South - Manager of the Season - NepentheZ

[/url]

New Real London Records*

Record Attendance - 1,955

Record Gates -

Record League Position -

Record Average Rating -

Record Wins -

*Records are only displayed when broken, and may not represent the final tally of the broken record

Players of the Season

- Signed him on a proper contract, rather than a loan contract, and he's not let me down. 33 goals in his first season as a real Real London player, and I couldn't be happier. He'll surely go on to become a legend at Real London

- 22 assists from the midfielder, and you can see why he's dubbed Bullseye. Every pass seems to be pinpoint and lead to a goal. A great season, and if he wasn't around the midfield may not have been as potent.

Season Summary

What a season. As you can see from the league graph, I wasn't outside of the top 2 all year. Fantastic run in the F.A Cup, but financially the club is in ruins. £500,000 in debt now, and some big gates in the BSP is a must. I don't want the club to start selling my players to balance the books, because I'll be right back down into the BSS. Also, I don't want the club to sell to investors, because it could mean my job.

Youth Players - Oddly, I got 2 Nigerians through my youth team this season. It strikes me as odd, because I've not got any Nigerians in the squad, or backroom staff, and have no Scouting Knowledge of Nigeria. None of my affiliated clubs have anything to do with Nigeria either, so its quite bizzarre as to why they came through.

Manager history

Season 1 - Blue Square South - 8th place

Season 2 - Blue Square South - 12th place

Season 3 - Blue Square South - 2nd place

Season 4 - Blue Square South - 1st place | Promoted to Blue Square Premier

*Real London were formerly Hendon

The finances... basically because we're not attracting crowds big enough to fill the stadium. We've got a 3029 seater, but as you can see by my records above, have only ever had 1,955 at once. My average attendance last season was 581 (down on last seasons 694) - and thats just not good enough. Even if we put 2,000 people in there per home game, we'd make about £3,000 profit per month - but its just not happening. I may sell a few fringe players to rake in £40,000 - but it wont really help matters much.

As for Bullseye, he's just a player who had no club on my player search filter. Theres usually about 50-60 at the start of every season, and I give them all trials and keep the best ones.

Well, you would get an attendance in the BSP, by how much I have no idea...

And sell anyone you can. Everyone was expendable in my Wombles game. You can probably get replacements for them anyways. Of course, I was lucky when Hayes & Yeading always wanted my players (2 goalkeepers and striker Scott Rhodes), and everyone wanted my backup and 3rd choice GK. Sold them to the highest bidder:p

Just keep loaning those West Ham players to keep you afloat in the BSP...

Just a quick question for everyone, I've noticed a lot of people attempting this thread give signings, particularly regens, nicknames, is there any reason for this.? Am i missing something fundamental from the game.?

I was just thinking the same this, especially Nep's fetish (hehe) with the * :D

I was just thinking the same this, especially Nep's fetish (hehe) with the * :D
Real London? I know. I've been wondering it for a while. I don't think it does anything.

LiRiM - I think he means the * beside my player names, and not to do with the club name change ;)

As for the stars, and the nicknames, and the other stuff I edit about the players names that you don't realize - its purely to help me know who is good, and why. For example, Bullseye is dubbed that because it seems every pass he makes hits the target. Dubbing him bullseyes lets me know I shouldn't play him on the wing, because his talents would be less effective there.

Jimbokav is the man to speak to though. I got the idea from him, and he really does go all out with it on his players. :D

Season Review - 2010/11 - Billericay - BSP

Well, have just gotten to the end of season 2010/11, my first in the BSP, and as you can see by the final table, I have a playoff semi against Rushden in 11 days. Injuries really hit me throughout February and March and this was when Cambridge made its run to deservedly take the title.

My star player was obviously Wallace, who won the BSP golden boot by seven goals, despite playing less than 30 games. Unfortunately he missed all of February and half of March with fractured ribs and then a gashed leg, and is fighting a battle to be fit for the first leg after bruising ribs in the final game (after scoring twice early on, mind you). The only interest in him comes from L2 Chester, however I have managed to tie him up until the end of 2013 (after the screenshot was taken that is, which shows him expiring in 2012). He wouldn't sign for any longer but that's fine for now.

I have also been offered a new two-year deal but have delayed it until once the playoffs are finished. Obviously I'll re-sign then.

Other key players

Bates - A very solid season between the posts for the young Aussie, earning a call-up to the u21s in the process. Unfortunately will miss the playoffs through injury.

Bottinelli - Comfortably my best defender, was very solid at the back and even took the armband a few times.

Parsons - My midfield maestro, and scored some cracking FKs too. Led the league in assists.

Smith - Played his part (geddit...?) mainly as a super sub, coming up with some crucial goals and picking up a magnificent average rating given how often he only played the last 10-15 minutes. Will likely have to lead the line in the first leg with injuries to Wallace, Boateng and Price (causing his loan deal to be terminated).

Will play the playoffs tomorrow, but think I need another season in this division to strengthen in depth. Still, I won't knock back promotion as you never know when it will come around again, plus the club remains nearly £400K in debt.

Been away for a few days so not been able to finish my season till today

Hitchin Town Season 2011/2012 Review BSP

Was an good season in the end, we started badly and were conceded goals at a shocking rate, but just before christmas I had a bit of a reshuffle of my back 4 and that tidyed it up a small amount. I continued to have GK problems with my keeper being MOM one week then not being able to catch a cold the next. Despite this we were never in any real danger og going down thanks mainly due to our impressive forward Zavon hines who continued his scoreing record and now has 117 goals in 185 games for me.

League Table http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/darren1983_2006/BlueSquarePremierStages-3.png

The cups were again were not great, other then the sentanta sheild where we done better then ever before by reaching the semi-finals where we lost to winners York. But it at least it raised some cash for the club.

My aim for next season is to try and oush for a play-off place, and have found the person I belive that can solve my problem pos at GK.

Playoff Semi leg 1

Playoff Semi leg 2

Playoff Final

The final was decided by a keeper clearance that beat my defence for a striker to tap home, which felt pretty cheap at the time, but in reality they were the better side and deserved the points. Rushden absolutely battered me in the second leg too but somehow I held on.

Parsons and Wallace both made the BSP Team of the Season, with Wallace also finishing up with 37 league goals, six ahead of the next man.

Unfortunately he's off to Exeter next season after the chairman accepted a bid of £90K up front, £12K after 20 league goals and a friendly. I offered him out to clubs at around the same price and with a 40% sell-on fee and got a few bids, and also offered him a new contract myself, but despite this message, he will be plying his trade in L2 with Exeter next season.

Right, I've finally finished season 1 with my new club, Chelmsford.

Season 1 review

League position: 1st, 103pts.

Top scorer: Big Show, 37

The season went surprisingly smoothly, with not one team strong enough to challenge us for the title. As it turned out, we won the league by a huge margin with a record number of points. This was mainly due to my main man Fola 'Big Show' Onibuje, a talismanic 2.01m striker who led the line and dominated the goal charts, scoring nearly one goal per game despite injury woes.

In the cups, we went on a pretty amazing run, despatching a series of non-league no-hopers before thumping League 2 Peterborough 3-0, beating Halifax at their ground, before travelling to Premiership Leeds, and springing perhaps the shock of the tournament by dumping them out 2-1. We were knocked out ourselves next round against fellow premiership boys Birmingham, but the gate receipts totalling £600k should keep us afloat for the next few years at least.

The BSP will be a much harder challenge, but we're already a step closer to EPL glory...

I can't imagine why he's called "Big Show" - at 6'7" haha. :D

Well done on your promotion. I remember FM07 - much easier through the smaller leagues, but by the time I hit League 1 and Champs, I was there for a decade :( only 1 loss is impressive too, lets hope you keep the form into the BSP

Five games into the new season and I've gone top with four wins and a disappointing home draw. Three of my first five games were away to teams predicted to finish 1st, 3rd and 4th and I won all three, so I'm pretty happy with the way things are going (I'm normally a slow starter).

Told the board I'd challenge for the title to get some wiggling room in terms of wages, and despite losing my games record holder on a free (after he had personal problems and refused to re-sign) to Morecambe and obviously the goals of Wallace, I feel I'm a stronger team too.

Summer signings

Acton - Wallace's replacement. Not as lethal in key striking areas but a more balanced player overall and able to play midfield too. On a free from Port Vale.

Farkas - Hungarian DC released by Liverpool. The best defender I have signed on this save and will play a key role.

Magee - On a free from Sunderland. Physically he isn't great but on reasonably small wages his technical ability should be an asset.

Lukic - On a free from Preston. Can't see him being a regular starter but will provide cover for the entire back four and also midfield at a stretch.

Vidovic - Released by Leigh, should be fine for a season or two.

Ferguson - 16-year-old unattached newgen striker, looks very promising.

This thread seems to have died of late...

Anyway, Season review - 2011/12 - Billericay Town - BSP

After the playoff final defeat last season, we started out on fire and didn't lose top spot from the third game onwards, wrapping up the title with five games to go - final table. So it's league football next season for the Ricay. Conceding a very late goal on the final day cost us the 100 points milestone however.

In the cups, we had a real money-spinner in the FA Cup, beating L1 Crystal Palace over two legs in the first round and L2 Cambridge over two legs in the second round, before drawing Championship Norwich in the third round and going down 0-2 at home. I'm still over £300K in the red but TV money hasn't come through yet for the new season.

Key players

Farkas - Unreal season. If he wasn't blasting in FKs he was winning literally everything aerially at either end of the ground. Playing as a barrowed DMC but with creative freedom, he was everywhere and in reality, far too good for the Conference. Is off to L1 Peterborough for £150K and 30% after he became unhappy I rejected approaches from L1 Barnsley and SPL side Falkirk, unfortunately.

Acton - Was very good early but tapered off towards the end of the campaign. Still a very good season given his age and he is an excellent prospect.

Boateng - Started slowly but caught fire in the last two months. Between he and Acton they covered Wallace's goals, who Exeter have insisted on playing as a right winger.

Robertson - Signed when the Islanders were generated, he's probably never going to be better than L1 standard but fits my system and did well in his first season.

Francis - A January purchase from EPL side Leicester for £18K, his overlapping runs down the right became my main attacking threat.

Just about to hit June 20th, and have delayed Farkas' transfer by a week so any transfer funds I get to retain go towards the new season.

AFC Wimbledon

History

2010-2011: My first season at AFC Wimbledon, in the Blue Square South.

Prediction: Fifth

Position: First

FA Cup: Second round. Got defeated by Notts Co. The score was 4-0.

FA Trophy: 4th round. Got defeated by Cambrigde. They won with 3-1.

Setanta Shield: 5th round. Aldershot was too strong, they won with 3-1.

Key players:

Excuse me, the screens are in Dutch, because I'm from Belgium

Nicolas Baudart, Right winger

Ian Armstrong, striker

Marcel Huisman, right back

2011-2012: My second season, in the Blue Square Premier:

Prediction: 22

Position:First

FA Cup: 4th round. Charlton was too strong. The score was 2-1.

FA Trophy: Winner, I've won against Burton with 3-0 in the final.

Setanta Shield: Runnerup. Stevenage was too strong, they won with 2-0.

Key Players:

I don't have screens from that season, but the key players were: Daniel Wasson (left back), Nicolas Baudart (midfield right), James Beattie (striker), Wesley Schouten (midfielder left) and Jeroen de Kort (midfielder central).

Here is a screen of the whole team.

2012-2013: League 2.

Prediction: 24

Carling Cup: 2nd round. Lost against Bolton with 4-1.

FA Cup: 3th round. Birmingham was too strong. They won with 2-1.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy: Winner. We've won against Lincoln in the final with 2-0.

Key Players:

The whole team, but the most important were:

Hervé Oussaleh, striker

Russell Duncan, defensive midfielder

Gary Howell, centre back

Otman Djellilahine, attacking midfielder central

2013-2014

Carling cup: First Round, The Wolves were too strong. The defeated me with 4-1.

FA Cup: 5th round. Fulham was too strong, they won with 3-1.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy: Smi Final South. Colchester won with 1-0.

Key players:

Julien Wallenus (my son), striker

Mehdi Mostefa, attacking midfielder central

Radoslav Vasilev, striker

Loïc Damour, defensive midfielder

Julien Féret, attacking midfielder central

2014-2015

Position: Fifth, promoted with playoffs. Coventry was defeated with 2-1, in the final I was stronger than Bolton. The score was 2-1.

Carling Cup: 2nd round, lost agains Aston Villa with 0-3.

FA Cup: 5th round. Newcastle was too strong. They won with 2-0.

Key players:

Ben Turner, centre back

Michiel van Dam, defender centre

Andrea Giorgetti, striker

2015-2016

Prediction: 20

Position: 11th, but the season isn't over yet.

Carling cup: I'm in the fouth round at the moment, I've defeated Cardiff and Bolton. I meet Everton in the fourth round.

FA Cup: Not scheduled yet.

Key players:

Niklas Christiansson, left back

Lee Cattermole, midfielder centre

Yohann Pelé, goalkeeper

Ricardo Gualter, right back

Miroslav Slavov, striker

Gerardo Di Dio, centre back

A very nice result: I've won 6-0 against Chelsea.

Aren't you meant to be able to scout or trial any player you sign in this challenge, and also only load English leagues? A lot of obscure foreign sounding names there. Fair play to you if you've done consecutive promotions to the EPL abiding by the challenge rules though, as it's some effort.

I've managed to sign Dean Price permanently from Arsenal, who I had on loan for two seasons and who scored 57 (all comps) for me in the BSS in my first season. At one point he was on more than £30K per week, but he was transfer-listed and when I looked at him, he was interested in joining and was only on £1,300 a week, which is a fair pay cut. He just got his first goals of the season too, bagging four against Kettering.

Brian Bates, my Australian keeper, is attracting interest from a whole host of Championship and SPL clubs. I've received around ten offers for him and rejected them all. The best thing? His personality is listed as 'unambitious'.

His low jumping, reflexes and aerial ability stats will probably mean he gets exposed in the Championship and above, but right now he's a class act where I'm playing.

Yeah I know. I didn't know about this challenge, but I accidentely came on this site. I was looking for a picture of Miroslav Slavov. And then I started reading in this topic. I didn't play with these rules, because I didn't know they existed. I just wanted to show what I was doing with AFC Wimbledon. I've sleected around 55 playable leagues in whole Europe. I'm very sorry because I didn't care with the rules.

About my son: I've played my first three seasons at Llangefni in Wales. My nationality was Belgian. After the first season I got my son, he's neationalities were Welsh, because I was a manager in Wales, and his second nationality was Belgian. The boy was talented, he's worth €4.2 million at the moment, but he didn't get any chances for playing for Belgium. So he started playing for Wales because he didn't get any chance to play for Belgium.

Also, why does he crop out just the league and players, and leave out the dates on every screen shot :confused:

That is because I am writing a story about my carreer on www.fmbel.be. Thats a Belgian FM site. I just took te screenshots that I use on that site. If you are interested to take a look, here is the link. The whole story is written in Dutch.

I hope you guys understand me, and I'm very sorry about what happened here.

Yeah I know. I didn't know about this challenge, but I accidentely came on this site. I was looking for a picture of Miroslav Slavov. And then I started reading in this topic. I didn't play with these rules, because I didn't know they existed. I just wanted to show what I was doing with AFC Wimbledon. I've sleected around 55 playable leagues in whole Europe. I'm very sorry because I didn't care with the rules.

About my son: I've played my first three seasons at Llangefni in Wales. My nationality was Belgian. After the first season I got my son, he's neationalities were Welsh, because I was a manager in Wales, and his second nationality was Belgian. The boy was talented, he's worth €4.2 million at the moment, but he didn't get any chances for playing for Belgium. So he started playing for Wales because he didn't get any chance to play for Belgium.

That is because I am writing a story about my carreer on www.fmbel.be. Thats a Belgian FM site. I just took te screenshots that I use on that site. If you are interested to take a look, here is the link. The whole story is written in Dutch.

I hope you guys understand me, and I'm very sorry about what happened here.

:thup:

Thats fair enough, mate. Except, if it doesn't conform to the rules of the challenge - you're not really welcome to post your updates here, but could use the CAREER THREAD.

Ok guys hope you are all doing good. I am going to start a new game as soon as my holiday has finished and I will post a screenshot soon after.

The big problem is how to sign players. I just want to get a decent set of 18 players or so but I don't know how to do it! When I put out a job offer for a scout and ask them to scout UK and Ireland they take too long and then 31st August comes around and i'm just screwed after that! Or what will happen is that they will find a 7 star prospect but he will play for like a really good team's reserves and he will have no interest in joining. Is the best thing to do is offer every single player without a club a trial like nep said. If so, do I offer everyone a week's trial? 2 weeks? How do I pick out the best ones. Or is there a better way to sign players for a rubbish club?

Thanks everyone.

Archived