dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just about to play my 500th match at Prescot Cables against Portsmouth, the club I support. I'm 16th and they are 18th, a win for me would put them in serious trouble

a boring 0-0 draw then icon_biggrin.gif

whenever i play west ham, i have to holiday that game, i just cant face it icon_razz.gif, but its your 500th game icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by jameslowe:

Pompy fan huh. Think 'arry will buy big in Jan. You are loosing about 9 players.

Would expect so, there could be a few changes coming up.

Looks like that win against Pompey has helped my form, up to 12th now.

Originally posted by MikaelS:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jameslowe:

What league are you in? Won any cups? Sorry for the interrogation.

http://www.dafugeschallenge.com/players/dafuge/ icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No mention of my glorious Johnstone's Paint Trophy win in there though icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikaelS:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jameslowe:

http://www.dafugeschallenge.com/players/dafuge/ icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No mention of my glorious Johnstone's Paint Trophy win in there though icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wut? you're not updating your own profile in your own challenge? icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by MikaelS:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikaelS:

No mention of my glorious Johnstone's Paint Trophy win in there though icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wut? you're not updating your own profile in your own challenge? icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The website doesn't have a feature to add cup wins yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

wut? you're not updating your own profile in your own challenge? icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The website doesn't have a feature to add cup wins yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aaah that explains it icon_wink.gif (makes note about not winning any cups since they cant be added) icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by matty_8:

Kanovi - any chance i could see Bradshaws history screenshot?

Ill see what i can find, but he just retire right out the blue!

Normally i make a backup save game every season, but i had to reinstall FM, so im not sure i got the backup where he still plays..

But i can post the latest history screenshot i made, i should have it somewhere..

Originally posted by kaNovi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matty_8:

Kanovi - any chance i could see Bradshaws history screenshot?

Ill see what i can find, but he just retire right out the blue!

Normally i make a backup save game every season, but i had to reinstall FM, so im not sure i got the backup where he still plays..

But i can post the latest history screenshot i made, i should have it somewhere.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello all, havent been playing (or on here) for some time - will do a half season update in a bit when I have played my 3rd round FA Cup game.....

Anyway reason for quoting the above - Kanovi, did Bradshaw have any prefered moves? As others have mentioned whilst his attributes were good they were not quite world class but his record was. I think the prefered moves seem to play an important role in attackers sucess (or failure) in FM08. Anyone agree??

Originally posted by kaNovi:

actually he didnt have any.. i think the main reason behind him scoring so much, was that when he was on the team, i played only 1 fast striker upfront

ah ok - thanks for the answer - maybe I am reading too much into the performances of a couple of my guys.......

Season 3

Finished 22nd in Blue Square Premier

well techniqually i didn't finish 22nd, i left after 10 games. We had just 1 point, no decent players, just loanees. 500k in the red. And after 790 days at Billericay, i coudnt handle the constant losses we where getting.

If it was any consalation my assistant manager and coach both left, saying they would only work with me icon_smile.gif . But my part in this challenge is well and truly over.

Well as Billericay icon_biggrin.gif

Will be restarting soon.

Billericay Coca- Cola League 2 2012-13 Season

well what a season for ricay fans we only finished 18th but with an average of 4.5 goals a match the fans certainly got value for money but it was more of a down season with us not getting higher than 16th after the league worked itself out after first few games

but with the few transfers done ithought we had a team capable of finishing in top half but defence was a problem hence 4.5 goals a game average

the team looked like this and once again this season our star player was Liam Henderson

boards confidence with what i am doing with club is looking good and finances are also looking good with the board having already approved 2 ground increases one part way thru last season and another they has just being built during closed season this will increase capacity to about 4800 capacity from an original figure of 3700 when i took over at club

and profile looks like this

goals for next season

1) avoid relegation

2) improve defensive side of squad

3) have a cup run

4) need to work on hands on approach to improve my profile

Aario - Halesowen Town - BSP - 3rd Season (2010-11) - Mid Season Update

Hi again all, as I mentioned above havent had the chance to play or post on here for some time.

So, congrats to all doing well and here is a quick update on my (very slow) progress. In January in my 3rd season (second in the BSP). League is looking much better than last season - currently in 8th but only 4 points off the playoffs - now have teams in the Reserve and U18 leagues so my large squad (still cannot stop myself from buying players I don't really need!!) is proving more useful - have made a bit of cash from selling players (only bought people on frees so far) and prize money - still in the FA Trophy and reached the second tound of the SS. But the real money has come again from the FA Cup. For the second season I have had good luck with the draw and reached the 3rd round by not having to play a team from any of the higher leagues. Last season the gate money from a 3rd round loose at Blackburn (still prem) probably saved my job. This season was still over 100K in the red but have just moved to over 300K in the black thanks to over 40,000 people turning up to watch us get thrashed (at least we managed to get a couple) at Man City (also still prem).

So, have been very lucky with draws in the FA Cup and after last season probably saving my job hopefully this season we can push on and get in the playoffs with the bank balance looking healthy at last icon_smile.gif

Thought I would show you the player ratings from the Man City game - City's Mattock will probably not be too happy about his!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

Final

Lucky =)

Nice one icon14.gif

Bet you thought it wasn't going to be your day after they equalised with 9 men? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, especially because we played really bad, it was terrible.

And to make me even more angry Vetter is a wood striker !! icon_redface.gif

just cant understand how we can outplay czech and struggle against 9 men germany.. they are pretty much equalli good!

but no worries, we won after all icon_smile.gif

Season 2017/18 Review - Prescot Cables in the Premier League

After my playoff win, I was expecting a relegation battle. The media predicted me to come last, I just wanted to stay in the league.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Had a tough start to the season but managed to improve, eventually finishing in a decent 12th place.

Squad

Transfers

Had a bit of a nightmare in the transfer market after getting the excitement of no scouting restrictions and a work permit feeder club. The result was a load of amazing players without work permit who ended up rotting in my reserves. I was able to sell one for a profit of around £5m which was nice. The signing of Julien Noyer for £4k was inspired as he went on to win the PFA young player of the year in his debut season.

Star Player

Quite surprised by this one, I was expecting to have to replace him but he really proved himself at this level.

Originally posted by A True Fan:

New Stadium \o/

Rubbish name though icon_frown.gif

It's a regulation name isn't it??

The game engine can't think of another name as they dont't know much about the club.

Dosen't matter about the name that much though as long as you fill it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was hoping they would name it after me since I had been top of their favoured personnel for ages.

After 3 holiday games to 2010, and several reloads, I've finally started as Tonbridge Angels. Hastings will never be playable in FM 08, and I felt like playing in England after San Marino on FM 07.

My profile

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/3628/scotthamiltonprofile3qt0.png

Yes I have very big resolution icon_biggrin.gif Had to edit the font sizes to make it a bit more readable

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A True Fan:

New Stadium \o/

The game engine can't think of another name as they dont't know much about the club.

Dosen't matter about the name that much though as long as you fill it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was hoping they would name it after me since I had been top of their favoured personnel for ages. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

do you think that would ever happen on fm?

Originally posted by fatboyjohnmulhern:

as well, i noticed byy looking at a lot of screenshots, many people have a windowed fm on, why and how?

Your resolution needs to be higher than 1024 x 768, then you go to the display options in FM and untick windowed mode.

I use it (although it doesn't show it in the screenshot) as the game looks a lot better on my resolution. Doesn't look sharp in full screen mode.

Originally posted by fatboyjohnmulhern:

as well, i noticed byy looking at a lot of screenshots, many people have a windowed fm on, why and how?

I use windowed mode. It allows me to do other stuff while playing fm. Look in settings. There is an option there.

After a huge break from my dafuge challenge, taking on a career game at Brighton, Palace and Newcastle United, I have returned to my game, of which i am in my 3rd season at Hitchin in the BSS.

Ive got some time off, so hopefully Ill be able to get through a bit of playing time icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by matty_8:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A True Fan:

New Stadium \o/

I was hoping they would name it after me since I had been top of their favoured personnel for ages. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

do you think that would ever happen on fm? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ive got 2 stadiums named after me in the other dafuge challenges with gateshead

Archived