Super Bladesman's English National League System Update - Taking FM10 to Level 10

Super Bladesman

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just want to say I'm having the most fun with this! I selected the team "Premier" from the English Kent County League D1 East and won promotion in my first season, alongside the Kent Bill Mankelow Inter Regional Challenge Cup. Now 12 points clear in my second season in the Kent County League Premier.

The first season was fairly chaotic, players coming and going at pace due to the amateur contracts. My two best strikers got offered paying contracts two days before my promotion playoff and left, luckily their last-minute replacements did enough to get us through. Thankfully in the second season we've gone semi-pro so everyone's tied down now.

It takes a bit of time to set up weekly friendlies for the Reserve and U18 teams, but the added bonus of that is that I book all my reserve friendlies on a monday evening away at Irish clubs, so we get £3k in apprearance money per game and the players have 5 days to recover in case needed for first team action (midweek games are rare). Half way through the second season, our balance stands at £155k because of this! (in fact it was at £150k after the first season, we're now only making small profits as we now have player and staff wages to pay).

Top work Mr. Bladesman :)

In the championship with my level 11 side Renhold Utd, still in the same 1000 seater stadium and 18 months til the new 12k one opens, big loan debt and the bored accepting bids for my better players. Exciting season ahead :D

Cheers SB for making this!

Hi all, hope someone can come up with an answer.

Been playing SB's fantastic database for some time now, kicking off in level 11. Fantastic stuff, as I'm a great fan of the "underdog" becoming a Big dog theory.

Anyhow, to the point. I have been trying to get hold of all the logos for all the teams in this database, and am currently down to my last 100, but some of these are tricky to get hold of due to a) no websites b) no info, or c) incorrect data.

The biggest example of this is the 2 clubs in the game named:

Avon Rockleaze

Rockleaze Avonside

Not sure if these 2 were part of the original SI db, or SB's, but I CANNOT find anything out about these teams for love nor money!

I think Avon Rockleaze has now become Rockleaze Rangers, but this team is in the game as well!!

Please help me from pulling out the rest of my hair in resolving this issue!

Hi, just downloaded the level 11 db and ticked the .dbc change beforehand, however when picking a league the lowest available english league is only Blue Square North/South. Could anyone point me in the right direction as to what I've done wrong?

Many thanks,

Tried only selecting the level 11 dbc file but the problem still occurs.

Downloaded the level 10 dbc and that runs fine.

The only other thing is i get an error message when loading the level 11 one that there are too many teams in a gloucestershire's league cup, but you can skip it.

Tried only selecting the level 11 dbc file but the problem still occurs.

Downloaded the level 10 dbc and that runs fine.

The only other thing is i get an error message when loading the level 11 one that there are too many teams in a gloucestershire's league cup, but you can skip it.

sorry to self bump this, but can anyone help me here, i'd really like to play as the level 11 club i used to play for!

It sounds like an error is occurring which is preventing the loading of the 11 level file. I've no idea why that should occur though, since it's clearly only happening for you :(

ah right, is there any way i could change it to an .xml file and have a look at whats wrong myself in the editor?

Is anyone going to do this for FM11

I'm afraid I certainly won't be - I just don't have time. I've barely even been able to take a look at this forum for months now, never mind moderate it or use the editor. With some regret, I'm going to have to withdraw from all my FM-related responsibilites.

I gift this file to the community, do with it as you will - just give me credit for the original work. :) I'd be delighted to see someone take it on and do an even better job than I did. Thank you all for your contributions, big or small, and the kind remarks over the past year. It made it all worthwhile, and I think I've set a pretty good benchmark for someone to try and step up to ;)

All the best,

Nik

I'm afraid I certainly won't be - I just don't have time. I've barely even been able to take a look at this forum for months now, never mind moderate it or use the editor. With some regret, I'm going to have to withdraw from all my FM-related responsibilites.

I gift this file to the community, do with it as you will - just give me credit for the original work. :) I'd be delighted to see someone take it on and do an even better job than I did. Thank you all for your contributions, big or small, and the kind remarks over the past year. It made it all worthwhile, and I think I've set a pretty good benchmark for someone to try and step up to ;)

All the best,

Nik

Nik,

You are an editor-hero for lots of people. Your update is one of the best and most comprehensive updates there are.

So I thank you for your hard work :thup:

I wish you all the best with your family and life outside FM.

Jorgen

Hi There

Please can someone help me before I give up !!. I am a Rossendale United fan and have downloaded the excellent Super Bladesman patch so I can go down to level 11, however, I wanted to update it with this seasons changes, Eg. Rossendale now in the North West Counties Premier, I spent ages last night editing etc. and then when I came to start a new game using the .dbc file it only allowed me to go down to Blue Square North/South. I re-applied the Superbladesman file and was able to see down to step 11, but any changes were not made, Eg. Rossendale were still in Northern Premier Div. 1 North.

I have the .03 version of the official database but cannot seem to edit things using the Superbladesman add-on. Can any one help ? I imagine I'm missing something really obvious !!

Thanks

First make a copy of your SB England file. Then try to load that copy in the editor. This way whatever you save or lose, the original file is still there. (you could re-download it, but this is timesaving)

Then try editing it again.

You could also try to make a swapfile, which is a text file that is used for swapping teams between divisions and even between nations. Hope this helps.

All the best,

Nik

Yes, thanks for all the hard work put in over the years and if it wasn't for this update then i would of even brought FM10, i just hope somebody continues with your great work.

Thanks for your hard word Nik and i hope things go well for you

Perhaps we can try and form a coalition to get this going for FM11

I'm sure its doable and i am sure you could use most of Nik's work but how exactly i don't know the editor isn't my strong point

Hi, i really love your patch, but still can't find any logopacks for any 11lvl league. i was searching for it in whole thread, but some links have had expired, so i'm upset... Do you have some additional logo packs for 11th leagues? I really would be glad

Thx in advance,

Stifler

I have runned this for multiple seasons on holiday in combination with Chiellini's All Stars Database. So it should be possible to run this alongside other updates.

Perhaps you should try another transfer update to see which work and which won't.

Amazing job Bladesman!!! The entire community - myself included - thanks and honors your effort! One thing i noticed is that when i started a new game with this update, the logos and faces of the premier division were not shown anymore... :( Any ideas??? I made the changes required (skin cache etc..)

Also, can someone point me to the latest or best lower league club graphics pack if any available?

Thanks again!

A couple of things

Firstly, I've just had my save ruined by Man Utd and a load of other top clubs appearing in the FA Vase. Now before you tell me I've not loaded all the leagues, I can assure you that I have. I may have been managing a level 9 team, but it was loaded down to level 10 (and I didn't have the level 11 update installed). I want to find out the reason for this occuring before starting a new save, in which the same thing could just happen again.

Also, before I reached the above game breaker, I lost 5-0 in the final of the Northumberland Senior Cup to a Newcastle 'Reserves' team containing Fabricio Coloccini, Kevin Nolan, Shola Ameobi, Peter Lovenkrands, Leon Best and Steven Taylor. There is simply no way that Newcastle would field such a team, even in the final, of such a minor cup.

Would appreciate an answer to both of these please, SB. I love this update, but it's never nice to have your save ruined a year in due to a silly bug such as this

Exactly the same thing happened to me

A couple of things

Also, before I reached the above game breaker, I lost 5-0 in the final of the Northumberland Senior Cup to a Newcastle 'Reserves' team containing Fabricio Coloccini, Kevin Nolan, Shola Ameobi, Peter Lovenkrands, Leon Best and Steven Taylor. There is simply no way that Newcastle would field such a team, even in the final, of such a minor cup.

This is really down to the AI manager of Newcastle selecting these players. Perhaps they are off-form, or getting older (if this is a few years into the game), and have been moved to the reserves - or it could be just the size of the squad that means they aren't in the first team reckoning. Newcastle's reserves DO play in this competition, with their home games played at SJP (great for the little teams drawn to play there) and they won it in 2009.

The issue was debated earlier in the project, and SB eventually went with reserves rather than U-18s as this is the norm for most county cups - a lot of clubs put out a young team but not necessarily their actual youth squad.

I'm not sure if this is relevant to this thread in particular or more generally aimed at SI, but can someone explain how attendances work? In my current game, I've just achieved my third successive promotion (though the current season isn't quite finished) and won a couple of the regional cups along the way, and am currently in the semis of both the divisional cup and the FA Vase.

At the game start, the Stadium Capacity is 1000, Average Attendance is set at 100, Minimum Attendance at 100, and Maximum Attendance at 2500. The Club Reputation is 1. (Data from the game editor)

Three seasons in, the figures are Stadium Capacity is 1000, Average Attendance is set at 121, Minimum Attendance at 100, and Maximum Attendance at 2500. The Club Reputation is 768. (Data from FMRTE, being v. careful to avoid looking at players CA/PA!)

However, despite the Average Attendance figure now stating 121, my actual Average Attendance is 90 - below both the Average and (more importantly) Minimum. The town the club is in is in the 25k-50k range.

I'd expect the odd low turnout, but on only three occasions this season have we even met the Minimum attendance figure. The cup figures are slightly better, averaging 99 but even this is due to an anomalous turnout of 175 in the FA Cup 2nd Qual Rd - the next highest was 101 - and is still below the Minimum.

So, is there something else that needs to be tweaked to achieve the expected attendances? Or is this just a game feature that we have to live with? I see some earlier posts stating they didn't get a new stadium until achieving promotion from the Championship!

OK, that was longer than expected :) If anyone can shed any light on how this works, that'd be great, otherwise - keep up the good work SBM - this mod has given me loads of fun so far!

• 1 month later...

SB, you're an absolute FM legend! I only got a glimpse of the hard work you put into this release for FM10 (and the added problems caused by the quirks of the editor) but even that glimpse was very eye opening. On a personal level your release also gave me the love for FM back as I had previously lost interest after the 07 version.

Good luck to those who carry this on and hopefully this time around the editor has been tweaked to make things a bit easier :)

Ah, so no way to edit static cup participation (within a saved game)? Bummer...

I recently picked up my Westerfield Utd save again (most fun I've ever had with CM/FM, might I say), and won the Suffolk Senior Cup while at level 9... had to pay a fairly hefty (for a level 9 side beginning to struggle with finances) bonus to my players for that. Wasn't really a big issue, but now I'm at level 8 with even higher cup bonuses (certainly justified for some of the cups I'm in now), and I assume the bonus will keep rising the higher up in the pyramid I reach, and I doubt attendances against level 10/11 clubs would do much to offset that (the prize money certainly won't).

Could play the reserves, of course, but I'm guessing there'll be a point where even those win easily... and then there's the fixture congestion issue reported by those reaching the Premiership.

• Administrators

Guys,

Seeing as FM11 is out now, I wouldn't like this thread to mislead people into thinking that this editor file is supporting FM11, which sadly it no longer is.

As you all know by now, the good work is being continued by RTC and his team, so it would be better to continue some discussions there so things aren't getting mixed up.

Closing this now.

Archived