dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right. The club has got a new chairman! Thank god he likes me and not fired me. Next to that he inmidiately invested in training and youth facilties and pumped 23.5M euro in Guiseley coffers. Not in my transfer budget tho... But hej.

*EDIT*... asking for transfer money helps lol... got 6M now :)

Superb!! Thanks, then I am on the right track. Who do you think I should sign?

Graham Robinson or Nigel Gibbs

It depends what you want your Ass. Man to do, I go for the one with the best judging ability - so the player stars are more accurate (it's more important when you cannot scout people and have to trial them) Tactical Knowledge for tactical advice in matches, then LoD, Motivating and Man Management for team talks and press conferences as well as his playing style.

If you use the Backroom Advice feature you may want him to have good bars there, whilst you may also need him to train your players.

Boston United - Season 5 - Championship - 2014/2015

Media Prediction - 24th

Final Position - 1st

FA Cup - 6th Round

Carling Cup - 4th Round

League Table

Position Graph

Transfers

Finances

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

So started off the season great and was top soon enough. Picked up some unbeaten runs and cemented myself in the top spot for the rest of the season. Had a few blips here and there with losses I shouldn't have had but easily stayed in first. Got promoted with 6 games to spare. A win in the 44th match gave me the title. Total domination of the league.

In the cups I surpassed expectations and managed to get to the 6th round of the FA Cup. Got beaten by Villa and it was an away tie so nice for the coffers. Manged that after getting a Replay from the first match at York Street. In the Carling Cup I had a nice run and got to the 4th round

Made a lot more transfers this year. Got in some nice loan signings, who contributed well. Most of the signings did well enough and I cleared some deadwood. Some should be awesome in the Prem and gonna have to let a few go on frees.

Got linked to the Stoke job. :) They were just relegated from the Prem though so no.

Awards

Manager of Season

League               Season    Finished  Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square North    10/11       1st    Champions
Blue Square Premier  11/12       1st    Champions
League Two           12/13       1st    Champions
League One           13/14       1st    Champions, JPT Winners
Championship         14/15       1st    Champions

Going to start this challenge, but I have one question regarding the DDT file please guys.....

I understand the path I need to take

Program files>>>>EDT

My question is, once in the EDT folder, do I need to create a folder "DDT" and place the file in there, or do I simply save the file directly into the EDT folder??

Actually, I have one more question........ should I run or save the file?? I'm guessing save and if so, do I need to unzip it??

I didn't buy FM2009 so the last Dafuge challenge I played was 2008 and it wasn't so technical!!

Could you please elaborate dafuge? I'm curious to know what happened in that incident...

This is dafuge's recollection of it in the FM08 thread as I think the FM07 thread was deleted in the forum move.

I had a pretty good thread about it, but it was deleted in the GQ clearout.

Basically, I had taken Staines from the BSS all the way to the Premiership. I think I was in my second or third season in the top flight when I had a board takeover which resulted in the new chairman sacking me in favour of bringing in a new manager, who turned out to be a complete nobody with a much lower reputation than me. I got a bit annoyed and started ranting in GQ, which started a pretty good discussion about board takeovers and sackings.

The club were known as S*****s for a while.

:thdn:

I've just sold my backup right winger (well techincally he was only contracted right winger but he wasn't that great and started to moan) back to the team I bought him from for £1m after I'd signed him for £7K three years ago :eek: - which now makes him my most expensive buy and sell.

So that's my money problems solved, shame it's now Feb so it's to late for this season but I may actually be able to spend some money next season now.

good to hear some of your money problems have eased Michael.

My problem isn't finding decent players, its making them play consistantly over the season.

My right back is so good no coach will say at what standard he is at. He has 4 stars and other players rated at 3.5 stars are good prem players. Since he is 20 i think if i was in the prem he might be rated as a wonderkid.

Season 2013/14 Review - Guiseley in the Coca Cola League One - PROMOTION

League Table

Past Positions

Finances

The wagebudget is I think everyone biggest issue in this challenge. Thankfully the board gave me enough to do some things. After a game of 12 people getting used to one an other and started winning games for us. With a lot of good players on the bench as well it was hard to find a basic starting eleven.

FA Cup | League Cup | Johnstone's Paint Trophy

We started of really bad, getting kicked out of the FA Cup, League Cup en JP Trophy almost immediately. No bonus there for the squad...

Squad

Transfers

Trials

Every season I am trying to sign young players who are better then the players I have got at the moment. Bringing in a million of players on trial and when lucky signing the best. This season was not different to another since the best players that were on trial getting signed by other - better - clubs in England. I hate Sheffield Utd with signing more than 4 potential players... Bolado, Sanchez, Rueda and Ajdarevic were the greatest prospects but only Bolado and Ajdarevic managed to break true.

Aim for next season: Survive. Most of the players are leading League One or decent Championship players so will be hard. Also getting rid of most players by letting them go or hopefully by selling them. And build up a new squad again. Building, building, building.

Season     Team           League               Finished  Achievements
2010/11    Guiseley    Blue Square South    	5th       Promoted
2011/12    Guiseley    Blue Square Premier    	1st       Promoted, BSP Champions, FA Trophy winners
2012/13    Guiseley    Coca Cola League Two    	1st       Promoted, CCL2 Champions
2013/14    Guiseley    Coca Cola League One    	3rd       Promoted

Season 2014/15 Review - Guiseley in the Coca Cola Championship - 14th

League Table

Past Positions

Finances

We started superb. I thought I was dreaming when we won games with 4-1 and so on... But our 2nd half of the competition was terrible and saw as dropping down the league table. No shame here since it is our first season in the Championship and with almost a whole new team!

FA Cup | League Cup

Right, again we did not managed to get very far. Sigh. Next season I want a cup run, dont mind which one.

Squad

Transfers

Trials

Great signings were made this season and of course that also cost a couple of players a place in the team and they were sold or let go. We had our biggest transfer income ever by selling Fornasier for 200.000 euro. No transfermoney yet for me so had to sign free players again. But with names like Bettega, Le Van, Boutahar, da Costa, Jaime, etc, I signed great players who are at Championship level.

The best news is: Guiseley board announced that the club have been granted planning permission to build a new stadium!

Aim for next season: Looking up. Trying to find a great playmaker, a winger, a keeper, a defender and talent for the future.

2011/12    Guiseley    Blue Square Premier    	1st       Promoted, BSP Champions, FA Trophy winners
2012/13    Guiseley    Coca Cola League Two    	1st       Promoted, CCL2 Champions
2014/15    Guiseley    Coca Cola Championship  	14th

Dartford - Barclays Premier League - 2027/28

Predicted: 3rd

Finished: 1st

League Table

League Table Graph

Unlike last year we did manage to nick the Community Shield and we were off to a good start. This was quickly followed by our retention of the Super Cup against Barca when Tiaguinho grabbed all the goals.

As for the league, we had an immense start. Winning something like 10 games on the bounce from the beginning we certainly upheld our 'team to beat' status.

The Carling Cup has been nothing more than a pain in the backside for Dartford ever since they won it and this year was no exception with us going out to relegated Leeds for the 2nd year running.

Around the end of November was when I got the call I was waiting on. I took it with open arms.

A brief summary of my career with Brazil so far can be described as mediocre at best. Although this is probably due to me experimenting tactically and so I will be getting them to play like Dartford from now on. My first match was a friendly against Saudi Arabia in which I picked a squad purely on form alone for a laugh; I wasn't laughing come the final whistle.

The next two qualifiers in June (with the return of the proper stars) went okay in terms of the right results with wins against Venezuela and Bolivia but a team with the talent of Brazil we should be more comfortable in matches.

The group table to be fair shows us looking comfortable but much improved performances will be my aim for the next round of qualifiers.

Back to Dartford and around December that's when we were heading to India to confirm our status as the best football club on the planet. Both semi and final were complete doddles.

Then come January we (for the first time) had some interest in the big individual awards of the year. For Dartford we had our centre back partnership coming in 2nd and 3rd spot for the European Defender of the year, our big Russian between the posts runner up in the European Goalkeeper award and Tiaguinho and Ortega coming 2nd and 3rd in the European Striker of the year category. Four of our players also made the World Team of the year.

After returning from India we had two games in hand and Man United had only increased their lead by a point over us or something stupid like that. It became obvious that we could pull away if we kept up the form and we did just that. In fact the only bad form we had was the last few games due to me rotating like crazy for the upcoming big matches in Europe and in the FA Cup.

The FA Cup is something that isn't particularly high on my list when the season begins but I try to put out a respectable side no matter what round. So I guess we'll always be there around the latter stages with a bit of luck. We had luck with the semi against Chelsea and came up against a very poor Newcastle side in the final.

The Champions League was tougher this season. Nearly all matches after the group stage proved as hard challenges for the team. I especially found mixed feelings in our quarter final first leg against Man United and our semi-final second leg victory at the Emirates certainly wasn't done with any confidence after going 2-0 down. We returned to the Emirates for the final and basically stole the trophy with a romp in the last 10 minutes. Inter must despise us now after we put them out at the semi-final stage last year. :cool:

-----------------------------------

Transfers Made a profit and whether I go on to regret selling star midfielder Terry Pierce is something I guess I'll find out. I just had enough of him talking about moving on and I felt there is better players out there I can get if needs be (it didn't affect our performances anyway.)

Finances Everything is improving in terms of revenue so if I can start being more disciplined with my youth policy, I should get this club to grow into a huge club eventually.

------------------------------------

Key Players This Season

Glenn Intezar Not particulary prolific or anything and in fact I pondered selling him in the January transfer window but what he did do (kind of like Tevez in his first season at United) is score goals at critical moments in big games.

Jaime Ortega Spain never wanted him. Unbelievable.

Ricardinho Another good season from this guy on the left wing. Grabbed himself a goal in the CL final.

Dmitry Tischenko It helps having a world class goalkeeper.

Curtis Mutch A beast at both ends of the pitch.

Tiaguinho Brazil's next superstar continues to impress with a great number of goals.

Youth Prospects

Steven Byrne Signed from West Brom for under £5million. Should grow to be a top, top player according to my scouts and assman. Already grabbed 3 goals for himself in the little amount of appearances made.

Phil Burt He was my first decent prospect and still looks set on being something in my future Dartford side. Dubbed the next Sol Campbell.

Scott Corner This guy to me doesn't look that great and yet he is dubbed the next Alan Shearer.

Whereas..

Conor Buchanan This lad who looks very promising for his age and is touted to be a leading Premier League star in the future is dubbed the next Les Ferdinand?

Not being funny but wasn't Les Ferdinand average at best?:confused:

Regardless, should be interesting to see what happens to both of them.

------------------------------------

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as Champions
2013/14   Coca Cola League Two     10th        n/a 
2014/15   Coca Cola League Two     2nd         Promoted
2015/16   Coca Cola League One     6th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2016/17   Coca Cola League One     9th         n/a
2017/18   Coca Cola League One     1st         Promoted as Champions
2018/19   Coca Cola Championship   13th        n/a
2019/20   Coca Cola Championship   3rd         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  8th         n/a
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  10th        Qualified for UEFA Europa League via Fair Play League
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  16th        n/a
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  15th        n/a
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Carling Cup Winners, FA Cup finalists, Qualified for UEFA Europa League
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League Winners, UEFA Europa League Winners, Qualified for the UEFA Champions League
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League Winners, FA Cup Winners, UEFA Champions League Winners, UEFA Super Cup Winners
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup Winners, CS Winners, SC Winners, CWC Winners, CL Winners

Next Season

It's our last season playing at Princes Park and hopefully we can give it a good send off by winning the league four years on the trot. Like most people at this stage in the challenge, I will want to begin blending in Dartford's own youth prospects.

Season 2015/16 Review - Guiseley in the Coca Cola Championship - 9th

League Table

Past Positions

Finances

A terrible start hold us from promoting/playoff. As you can see in the past positions screenshot we started of real bad, but managed to sign 2 great defenders after the terrible start mostly thanks to my chairman selling my best defender Bettega for 2M euro. The finances were terrible this season, mostly because of the loan we had to pay for the building of our stadium, but thanks to a terrific run in the FA Cup I did not go into red for the first in our history.

Unfortainly then the following news item came to me: Board takeover plans? After ten news items where the New Zealand Tycoon saying he was on one line with the chairman, I also received ten items saying he wasn't. The worst part, next to the fact that I could get sacked, there was a transfer embargo. So no new players, free or contract, could not sign for me. After a long time finally the die is cast and the takeover was completed. A personal message came from Kevin Hall, the new chairman.

FA Cup | League Cup

The League Cup ain't a cup for us since we ended in the first round for the 3rd time. The FA Cup is another story, that went way to good. Winning against Tranmere Rovers, Barnet and Everton(!) with 2-0, then won lucky vs Roterham with 1-0 in the 6th rnd what brought us into the semi final! We drawn Wolves (#12 Premier League) and won (lucky). We were in the final! We should face Tottenham Hotspurs (#4 Premier League) and of course the 90.000 people in Wembley were just to much for my team. Instead of looking to the ball they were checking out the stadium. We lost.

Squad

Transfers

Our revelation of last season, Pierre Le Van, did even better this year contributing the team with 22 assists and 14 goals. The couple of players I wanted to bring in last year I must say I succeeded in that.

Our great wingers:

- Pierre Le Van

- Alvarro

Our playmaker/trequista:

- Giorgio Massaro

Our best defender (bought for 12k!):

- Marius Verhelst

And the best deal ever, our young superb goalkeeper (bought for 2.5k):

- Mads Flindt

Aim for next season: Playoff. Altho the transfermarket is almost closed we are going to search the market since I have 6 million to spend thanks to my new tycoonchairman.

2014/15    Guiseley    Coca Cola Championship  	14th
2015/16    Guiseley    Coca Cola Championship  	9th       FA Cup runner-up, Qualified for UEFA Cup

Flindt looks incredible! Arguably better than my goalkeeper even now, make sure you hang on to him :thup:

Have got an asking price of 30 million set. Altho Club Brugge already said in a news item they are going to splash 17.5 million. Ahwell we'll see! Till now nothing happend...

Have got an asking price of 30 million set. Altho Club Brugge already said in a news item they are going to splash 17.5 million. Ahwell we'll see! Till now nothing happend...

I keep getting news items like that about my players - so long as the asking price is high enough you'll never see an actual bid :)

Have decided to try the FM10 challenge after my failed FM09 efforts with Heybridge Swifts. I was starting to make progress last time out (halfway through Season 3 and was 2nd in BSP) so am aiming for more seasons this time and am setting my sights on League 1 at least.

June 2010 - Start - Chip Butty - Guiseley AFC

GuiseleyAFC.jpg

Introducing Chip Butty, the new manager of Guiseley AFC - the latest addition to the Blue Square North after their promotion in 2009/2010 from the Unibond Northern Premier League. Guiseley AFC play at the quaint Nethermoor ground which holds 3000 fans and is a stones throw away from Elland Road - home of Leeds United.

The Lions - as Guiseley are known - are affiliated with the League 1 giants up the road and the new manager would love it if he could take Guiseley above them in the table. After all, we all hate Leeds scum don't we?

The starting squad seems capable of achieving the boards minimum expectation of survival this season. There are already a number of players who are on youth contracts or are out of contract who have already been shown the exit door at Nethermoor. A few good signings on the flanks in addition to some quality in goal, the centre of the defence and up front could see The Lions surprise the top half of the division.

The boards' expectations are for a season of survival in the Blue Square North as well as a run to the 3rd Qualifying Round of the FA Cup and the FA Trophy 1st Round Proper.

The new manager is expecting:

- Mid table obscurity at least.

- A cup run in one of the two competitions past the boards expectations.

- A squad nearing being capable of a promotion push next season.

Start: [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4528058&postcount=3976"]June 2010[/url]
Season:  |  Div  |  Posn  |  Squad Link  |  Cup Information
10 - 11  |  BSN  |  ----  |     ----     |  ----

Up the Lions!

I think I'm going to start this with Tooting and Mitcham, although I've never done a challenge before. I've got a bit of a nooby question though. How do you do the Code thingy with all your league positions and stuff?

I write it all up and line it up in notepad, then post it in between the code tags.

Just a question I've been wondering but what are the options when you complete the challenge? I mean aside from 'try another challenge.'

Do people resign from the current club and apply for BSN/S clubs, or do anything particularly special if they choose to stick it out.

Genuine question.

Not going well in the first season at Nantwich. Lying 21st in the league with just 6 points, all of which are from draws (played 8 games). So, on the plus side we have only lost twice, just need to turn opportunities into something more. Very annoying not being able to get the final touch right.

Going to start this challenge, but I have one question regarding the DDT file please guys.....

I understand the path I need to take

Program files>>>>EDT

My question is, once in the EDT folder, do I need to create a folder "DDT" and place the file in there, or do I simply save the file directly into the EDT folder??

Actually, I have one more question........ should I run or save the file?? I'm guessing save and if so, do I need to unzip it??

I didn't buy FM2009 so the last Dafuge challenge I played was 2008 and it wasn't so technical!!

Sorry to be a pain guys, but I've downloaded the .ddt file, I know I've located it in the correct place - I've downloaded it again and been asked by my PC "the file already exists, do you wish to replace it"

I click yes and it still doesn't show in my EDT folder, just the team holland one.

I search my hard drives and my PC finds it, I click to find the location of it...... it states its in the EDT folder

I've even started FM in the hope it shows on the Preferences>extra files screen, but it doesn't

Just Team Bloody Holland

I only want to start this challenge.......:(

Just a question I've been wondering but what are the options when you complete the challenge? I mean aside from 'try another challenge.'

Do people resign from the current club and apply for BSN/S clubs, or do anything particularly special if they choose to stick it out.

Genuine question.

I try and continue to build the club up. to eventually become the biggest club in the world. I then focus on youth development and try to build a team around my own youth players only. I also start my international career.

Sorry to be a pain guys, but I've downloaded the .ddt file, I know I've located it in the correct place - I've downloaded it again and been asked by my PC "the file already exists, do you wish to replace it"

I click yes and it still doesn't show in my EDT folder, just the team holland one.

I search my hard drives and my PC finds it, I click to find the location of it...... it states its in the EDT folder

I've even started FM in the hope it shows on the Preferences>extra files screen, but it doesn't

Just Team Bloody Holland

With 10.2.0 it needs to go here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\updates\update-1020\db\1020\edt

Just Team Bloody Holland

is it in the right edt folder for the patch you are using

I officially suck. I lost a friendly match to Dover 6 - 1. T & M are going to have to undergo a HUGE overhaul

friendly matches don't mean too much, i've thrashed higher league teams in friendlies only to start the season really badly. a better indication of a squad is what the ass man and coaches think of it.

Genuine question.

Well I still hadn't had a new stadium when I completed the challenge, and as you may have read further up, I've just had one announced that's named after me :)

My other aims are similar to dafuge in building up my academy and going into international management - but mine are combined, as Merthyr are Welsh, I want to see how far myself and my academy can take the national side :thup:

Not going well in the first season at Nantwich. Lying 21st in the league with just 6 points, all of which are from draws (played 8 games). So, on the plus side we have only lost twice, just need to turn opportunities into something more. Very annoying not being able to get the final touch right.

Now, played 29 and won 6, drew 15 and lost 8. It took us 11 games till we got a win, in which we won 3v0. We have played fairly well in many games, snatching points from the bigger teams in draws which we seemed consistantly good at getting. We lie 16th with 33points, 6 from the bottom. 13 from the play-off zone - too ambitious?

I reckon we will be here for another year, in which I want to find and secure plenty of players and get rid of plenty of other players at the club currently. Hopefully next year will be better.

Archived