FM10: Official Liverpool thread - Home of El Niño

weeeman27bob

managing Liverpool for the first time and all i can say is Torres is hopless' date=' he gets crap rating's, cant score. even babel scores more than Torres beeing used as a sub..

How do people play Torres? iv tried using him as an attacking forward and also a defensive forward,.. he's never in space and when he is he cant score to save his life..[/quote']

Try a Complete forward? Buttering him up via the media can't hurt either.

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
managing Liverpool for the first time and all i can say is Torres is hopless' date=' he gets crap rating's, cant score. even babel scores more than Torres beeing used as a sub..

How do people play Torres? iv tried using him as an attacking forward and also a defensive forward,.. he's never in space and when he is he cant score to save his life..[/quote']

complete forward - support and also i have had success playing him as a lone striker as trequarista

i woulkd like to play torres up with gerrard behind him but i cant get them in the game,, there just never seems ot be any space for them to play in, he cant lose his marker.. i once managed shane long at norwich and i got him to score more than Torres, even Ngog has scored more this season grr..

I used Torres as a complete forward with Gerrard as an advanced playmaker or Treq behind him

Also just noticed i joined these forums 4 years ago today have played cm/fm longer just didnt know they existed

Deleting FM10 tonight and all data relating to it. cannot wait for the 5th of Nov. Fingers crossed for a patch on day 1 just to lose the H&G from the game. don;t mind if we don;t get more money for the first window at all.

May not get much time on the demo as my laptop is heading in for a clean up over the wknd and wont get it back til later in the week but hopefully it'll be running well for FM11

If raheem stirling is 15 he will not be in the game. If hes 16 by january update he will be put in then. Something to do with laws about minors etc.

Thats if hes 15 when the game is released I think.... he can be 15 at the start of the game as long as when its released hes 16. Im 90% sure thats correct.

Just closed the door on FM 10 resigned as Manager just gonna holiday to see if the new manager does well with my squad gonna spend time on the X-Box & The demo gonna use the demo to try out tactics & see whos worth buying so i can get for November 5th :)

Deleting FM10 tonight and all data relating to it. cannot wait for the 5th of Nov. Fingers crossed for a patch on day 1 just to lose the H&G from the game. don;t mind if we don;t get more money for the first window at all.

May not get much time on the demo as my laptop is heading in for a clean up over the wknd and wont get it back til later in the week but hopefully it'll be running well for FM11

They have relesed a patch on release day since FM 2008 id say they will to remove G & H from the board & add NESV as the owners.

They have relesed a patch on release day since FM 2008 id say they will to remove G & H from the board & add NESV as the owners.

hoping they do. Stevie had a thread on the GD forum that got closed. there are some bitter people out there!

this thread is the most active on any of the forums and they don;t believe we would be one of the most managed clubs in the game due to our current form?

walk on, walk on... with hope, in your heart... and you'lll never walk alone! you'll neeeever walk alone!

his armband proved he was a red, torres! torres. you'll never walk alone it said torres! torres! we got the lad from sunny spain, he getsthe ball he scores again fernando torres liverpool's number 9! *bounce*

walk on, walk on... with hope, in your heart... and you'lll never walk alone! you'll neeeever walk alone!

his armband proved he was a red, torres! torres. you'll never walk alone it said torres! torres! we got the lad from sunny spain, he getsthe ball he scores again fernando torres liverpool's number 9! *bounce*

ah love this. singing this in the park before a game. quality!!

hoping they do. Stevie had a thread on the GD forum that got closed. there are some bitter people out there!

this thread is the most active on any of the forums and they don;t believe we would be one of the most managed clubs in the game due to our current form?

They are losers samething happened with me when i talked about the patch 10.3 Now that Purslow has resigned gonna be intersting.

So whens the new thread gunna be up then ?

Alright lads cant wait for the demo :)

Purefun said you can only post the thread a few hours after its come out i quote - These threads can be posted after the release of the demo, NOT earlier. After, means at least a couple of hours after so you can study that particular team.

I have the squad ready but am going to reserve the next 2 posts for the squad review which i will do tomorrow and for future patches

If the demo comes out at midnight i will see if i can put the thread up at maybe 1 or 2 oclock am in work tomorrow from 8 till about 3 so if its released at midnight would like to post it before i got to bed so people can post in it tomorrow early hours/morning/afternoon

Just seen it the sticky about threads that once you have reviewed the squad and posted it we can put the thread up so give us some of your thoughts here lads that i can mix with mine and i will get it up asap

Even if i just do it rough then do it properly tomorrow

yeah ill help :) ill downlopad asap if it works

downloading as we type, what sort of info are you looking for?

Just a rough opinion on the players so i can do this squad review and get it up ive typed my format out and players so just need to fill bits in ive done some already just off my knowledge of them but will have to check the demo as it could be different

ie strengths, weaknesses and areas for improvement? best suited formations depdenant on current players, best youth at the club ect?

Ive done this for Reina (although i havent looked at him yet on fm 11)

Pepe Reina: One of the best Goalkeepers out there. A No 1 for many years to come should look to keep him till he retires

Just something quick so we can get the thread up but of course i shall go in to more detail on each player tomorrow afternoon

But yes you could give us what you have put there if you want mate

fernando torres: his armband proved he was a red, and forever he will be. fernando torres is arguably one of

the worlds best strikers a must keep and one of the clubs best players.

davind ngog: a good backup for torres worth keeping and young so will be a the club for a long time

daniel pacheco: one of the brightest talents in the squad, young and talented this is a player for the

the future without doubt

Steven gerrard: what is there to say about this lad? one of the if not the best attacking midfielder

in liverpools history and possibly the word.

joe cole: creative playmaker, big things are expected from him and worthy of a first team slot from word go

dirk kuyt: what can be said about him? he will run and run, he doesnt stop and will give his all

every game up until the final whistle. his technical attributes arent great but a good player none the less.

ryan babel: he is quick but not a lot else going for him in my opinion, possibly one for the transfer list

milan jvanovic: 29 year old striker, would be my 3rd choice behind fernando torres and david ngog

might be worth replacing him.

jonjo shelvey: 18, english and ready to learn. one of liverpools brightest young stars and worth giving

first team experience to help him develop. one to watch for the future

maxi rodrigez: possibly another for the transfer list mental stats are ok and might be ok as a back up

or impact sub if your lucky.

raul mierles: a central midfielder and a good all rounder worth keeping but could be replaced by a lot of

better options should it be needed.

lucas: high hopes were pinned on him upon his arrival but has not shown the same potential that was hoped for

possibly another for the transfer list.

christian poulson: slow, no flair or creativity but a good back up player.

fabio aurelio: one of the only left backs at the club could be replaced as he isnt the best imo

paul konchesky: similar ability level to that of aurelio although is english so might be worth keeping

for the homegrown rule

martin skrtl: a solid centre back and should be one of the challenging for a place week in week out.

daniel agger: one of the best defenders at the club and one of the first names on the team sheet

stortis kyriakos: back up player at best transfer list in the position for him.

danny wilson: one of the brightest youngsters at the club and within a few years of experience and traning

will be one of the clubs best. well worth keeping

glen johnson: the best right back at the club and should be first choice

jaime carraher: the rock at the heart of the liverpool defence, mr consistency returns as a legend

and along with steven gerrard and fernando torres should be an ever present if fitness allows.

jose manuel reina: arguably one of the worlds best goalkeepers use him as much as possible

charles itanje: the less said about him the better, transfer list him

brad jone: a decent keeper but would prefer a better back up

YOUTH: suso is by far the greatest youth prospect in this years installment, should be given plenty

of first team experience and the right training will with a little luck become one of the games

best and brightest players.

toni silva also has potential to succeed at this level and could be great and a regular over time

here is my take, feel free to use any of it and feel free to change whatever is needed.

had a quick mess about with the new features and played 1 game won 2-1 torres and ngog with the goals after torres scored he attacked the corner flag in hilarious style to celebrate. suso set-up ngog with a perfectly placed through ball on the edge of the area. brilliant. anyway on that note im to bed night and ill see the thread in the morning.

I apologies for not being around on this wonderful day lads :p Woke up with a **** of a migraine this morning and just stayed in bed all day resting.

Downloaded the demo although was unhappy that we still had the debts and no money so I can't get a idea of who to sign in my first season.

Poulsen, Babel, Konckesky are all being sold straight away. See if I can get something for them then I'll just get one or two 48month deals on the demo just to add some improvements to the squad.

I won't be on til tonight after the match as I'm going out to watch it.

YNWA FM10: Official Liverpool thread - Home of El Niño. We will miss you.

• 3 months later...

I don't know who does the research or anything but Liverpool players be it first-team or youth are always poor on every version I've played and that is a major gripe I have with the game as a whole.

I know it's cheating but I've used the editor to improve Liverpool players and quite a few others throughout the game and add quite a few clubs in England multi millionaires to make it more of a challenge rather than just having city United and Chelsea always splashing the cash,

I haven't done anything regarding are money problems just kept it is the same,

The first up the u18 team, Flanagan,Wisdom,Coady,Robinson potentially could be England's complete back 4 and it should have the potential in the game to show that, then i have add Silva , Sterling & jesus fenandez I know they would be on the latest version of the football manager when it comes out but I feel that they need to be added as they've been scouted over a year so they should have been part of the squad sooner.

So basically for the under 18's I've got potentially minimum backup for the whole 1st team defence what shoud be ready 3 years or so plusthe front three covered also

Archived