England 'C' in FM2010?

I was reading the non-league paper earlier and was reading about England C's 1-1 draw against Hungury U20's and thought, is the full England C schedule going to be included in FM2010? for those who dont follow football outside the football league the England 'C' team is a team made up of the best non-league players and they play against other international teams non-league players and also play against U20's and U21 teams.

Im going to start a game as Cambridge United as i always do when a Football Manager game comes out and think this will add to the non-league experience.

Trouble is - what does England C have to play against in FM? Sure, you can create C teams for all nations, but England's going to be just about the only with no greys in there, and it kind of makes the exercise a little pointless - or maybe not pointless, but...entirely failing to hit the mark - if the entire C team concept exists just so that one single nation can have some non-league fun. Not to mention that people are always going on about how grey players are either far better or far worse than the level of player they are supposed to be - it won't be much fun if FM10 has the "supergrey" effect again...

They don't neccessarily play against other countries' non league teams, the Hungary team was the U20 squad and others have been the same. IIRC the Italian team was the best of Serie C as well so they wouldn't at all be playing greyed out teams all the time, don't think its always against other countries' non leagues (or as low as our non league is) either, e.g the German team would be made up of players from the regional leagues I think, therefore should have a full squad.

Would be a great addition to the game definitely!

How many international B games are there though? theyve only ever played 54 games, and the last one was in 2007, it would be realistic to have them in the game when it is unsure whether there is still an active b team in real life - the last 'c' game was this month...

Personally I'd love to have an England B (or Emerging England) to play friendlies against nations such as Gambia, PNG, Faroe Island what have you so you can see over 21 players play internationally instead of including them in the first team and getting slated for it in the press.

• SI Staff
How many international B games are there though? theyve only ever played 54 games, and the last one was in 2007, it would be realistic to have them in the game when it is unsure whether there is still an active b team in real life - the last 'c' game was this month...

Scotland played a B International a few months ago against Northern Ireland B

This is the competition that the OP is referring to:

http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=100270:ireland-to-open-international-challenge-trophy-against-england&catid=2:under-23&Itemid=10

Whereas England play non-league players, Ireland and Northern Ireland opt to play players from the their respective domestic leagues who are under the age of 23.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyway, Hungary U20 who only played a 1-1 draw against England 'C' a few weeks before the U20 World Championships, eventually won bronze medal in that tournament. :) That's quite a good achievement for England 'C'. The game was broadcasted by the biggest nationwide sports channel, so I think more people here in Hungary have ever seen England 'C' in telly than in the UK. :) A few English players could get their chance at higher levels.

Archived