The 'mikeytwigge' Third CSE Annual Awards *Brought to You Live*

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best Standard of Experiment Updates

This is a new award, but it’s predecessor was won last year by kipfizh, who is in the running again this year. It rewards experiment-runners for their hard work in producing quality updates.

The award goes to…

AI Experiment – The Bandits are back for FM09 with a spectacular 22 votes out of 30.

Little question here, and the fundamental experiment is a double-edged sword: not only is it the spine of the experiment scene, but kipfizh provides such delightful updates like this.

Near Misses

The Oldies experiment

AI Experiment – ‘We aren’t Spanish, we’re Basque!’

Next: A word from one of our sponsors

Commercial Break

Discuss all of your favourite things here! The CSE Forum Social Group is like a miniature version of Off-Topic Forum, without bickering and flame wars!

You need to join the group to post, but here’s how to get to it in future.

1. At the top of every screen, there is the blue bar with the link ‘Community’. Click it and Click ‘Social Groups’.

socialgroup1-1.jpg?t=1250715910

2. There is only one social group, ours, and you’ll find the link to it at the right of the screen.

socialgroup2-1.jpg?t=1250715909

It’s as simple as that! Please come along and join in with the friendly discussion of sports and of life!

Users

Best User

The first of the user awards now, and being able to claim themselves as ‘best’ will be part of the reward here, claims which could have been made by NepentheZ last year and Jimbokav1971.

The award goes to…

canvey!! with 15 votes out of 30.

It was a close call between myself and dafuge, and I’m honoured to pick up this award just one year after being User of the Future.

The Near Misses

PaulHartman71

NepentheZ

Next: Best Contribution to a Challenge

Best Contribution to a Challenge

Contributions from users to challenge are what keep them ticking over. While everyone taking part surely contributes, some go that little bit further, like NepentheZ, who took the voting by storm last year. The best equivalent from 2007 was User Most Involved in Sign-Ups/Challenges, won by wisla_krakow.

The award goes to…

Lower Leagues Rule with 11 votes out of 29.

It was a very close vote because each of the nominations had a different contribution to make. For his participation and encouragement in JoseRR’s challenge, Lower Leagues Rule takes this home after missing out on Best User.

The Near Misses

d-machine

Gilbster

NepentheZ

mag man

Next: Most Helpful User

Most Helpful User

A last-minute addition to the awards on offer, but in my opinion one that is vital and essential. Helpful users have given advice, written guides or requested mod edits on behalf of others (also known as the Moderator in Training award).

The award goes to…

canvey!! with 17 votes out of 30.

It’s a strangely secure win given the strength of the other nominations in this department. I am forced to take home another award due to my contribution to writing guides to the sign-ups, and to running/taking part in challenges/sign-ups.

The Near Misses

dafuge

michaeltmurrayuk

corinthiano

Next: Most Reliable User

Most Reliable User

These nominees tell you when they’re going away, and deliver updates when they promise. The winner here will emulate Walcott’s Wonderkids who scooped it in 2008.

The award goes to…

canvey!! with 14 votes out of 30.

My fifth award of the night was won fairly narrowly due to the strength of the other nominees. Perhaps me going away at the time of the voting, and telling people so, swung it for me.

The Near Misses

dafuge

PaulHartman71

Next: Most Missed User

Most Missed User

These users have moved on to pastures new, and pastures without so many challenges, sign-ups or experiments. They have had a hand in the early days of the forum, just like Jimbokav1971 who won it last year.

The award goes to…

wisla_krakow with 18 votes out of 29.

A secure win despite the presence of birdy123, who ran both awards ceremonies in the past two years and was a pretty big cheese. However, all credit to wisla_krakow, arguably the pioneer of the fun sign-up.

The Near Misses

corinthiano

aaberdeenn

Next: User of the Future

Just got home and saw the awards had already started! :eek: Congrats to all who have won so far. No awards for me this year I guess as I missed out on the two categories I was nominated in... Just last year's award to my name... But that was for Best Contribution to a Sign-up... which was not included this year... so I still hold the award - go me! :D

Seriously though, great work canvey!! You've done a superb job. :thup:

User of the Future

This is without doubt the best award, simply because I won it last year. Seriously though, the community always needs new users and these have been the best of them.

The award goes to…

Greasy Chip Butty with 11 votes out of 30.

The sheer closeness of this award just goes to show how many great new users are popping up. While there’s the outflow of people in contention for the above award, Greasy Chip Butty has come in and added that extra bit too, with two superb sign-ups in both idea and quality, and a criminally overlooked challenge.

The Near Misses

TaylorB

Hawkini

tomsmith1989

Next: Overall Awards

Overall

Best Community Spirit within a Thread

Community Spirit is vitally important in a community, and this award will celebrate the thread that dishes out the most of it, or at least the best of it.

The award goes to…

Wallace v Roberts 2009 with 16 votes out of 30.

It’s little surprise in my opinion that Wallace v Roberts, created by bermybhoy, took this award, despite strong opposition. With two rival teams managed by fifteen managers each, this thread and community spirit are a natural combination.

The Near Misses

The Inevitable Domination of Mediocre European Football Clubs (as well as awful Puns)

Next: People’s Choice Thread

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Thanks to everyone who voted for me and comisserations to Brettney1980 and hamilton162 (who I think should have got the award too) - I'm dead chuffed now! Have really enjoyed my FMX-Factor sign-ups and this shows that people must like them too!

As for living up to Canvey!! I'm not sure there is anybody anywhere that could do that! I don't have to run the awards next year do I now?!!! :D

People’s Choice Thread

This was your chance to give an award to your favourite thread of the past twelve months. When running the awards we can’t get every thread in, so you gave votes for the underrated threads too.

The award goes to…

dafuge's FM09 Challenge with 5 votes out of 30.

The challenge pioneer dafuge takes a third award home and there’s no doubt about this despite a couple of threads on similar numbers of votes. The sheer number of replies to the thread proves how this is the People’s Choice.

The Near Misses

These threads received the next-highest numbers of votes but didn’t quite win the award.

Wallace v Roberts 2009

JoseRR’s FM09 Big Euro Challenge!

Next: People’s Choice User

User of the Future

This is without doubt the best award, simply because I won it last year. Seriously though, the community always needs new users and these have been the best of them.

The award goes to…

Greasy Chip Butty with 11 votes out of 30.

The sheer closeness of this award just goes to show how many great new users are popping up. While there’s the outflow of people in contention for the above award, Greasy Chip Butty has come in and added that extra bit too, with two superb sign-ups in both idea and quality, and a criminally overlooked challenge.

The Near Misses

TaylorB

Hawkini

tomsmith1989

Next: Overall Awards

Nice to be a 'Near Miss' :D Don't think i'll ever say that again.

Yet again I miss mikeytwigges brief return. Thread name change :thup:

People’s Choice User

Now we move onto our final award of the evening, and the most desirable for any user in the forum. To become People’s Choice, or Fan’s Favourite, takes hard work, friendliness, talent and a whole host of other abilities. The winner here, if it isn’t him, joins dafuge who won it the past two years, although there was a different way of voting.

The award goes to…

PaulHartman71 with 5 votes out of 30.

A huge congratulations to Paul who wins this award off dafuge. It’s his second of the night and well-deserved as it doesn’t take a genius to see that Paul is revered on the forum.

The Near Misses

dafuge

DodgeeD

NepentheZ

That’s all, folks!

was only expecting two votes at maximum, so very chuffed to win that since the likes of canvey!!, dafuge, DodgeeD & Nep among others were in the running.

Overall a very good night, Burnley beat United, and a very well run CSE awards night. Congrats to all the winners, and thank you very much for a well run awards night canvey!! (!) :thup:

And the awards go to…

A run-down of the winners and the votes.

Challenges

Best Challenge

19 dafuge's FM09 Challenge

08 JoseRR’s Big Euro Challenge!

03 Gundo’s FM09 European Adventure Challenge™

Hardest Challenge

10 San Marino “Double” Challenge 2009

13 The Danny Roberts Challenge: Difficulty GODLIKE

07 rancer890’s FM09 small club to big club Asian/African Challenge

Most Enjoyable Challenge

13 Wallace v Roberts 2009

13 dafuge's FM09 Challenge

04 Razer82’s FM09 Small Club from a South American Nation Adventure Challenge

Most Popular Player

23 Andrew Smylie

04 Mag Man Jr.

03 Lindsay Zullo

Best Failed Challenge

17 Extremes of Europe Challenge

06 Can you CONQUER THE WORLD???

06 MadWooster’s International Management Challenge

Best Challenge Completer

04 daemonic

03 dafuge

02 GarethKeenan

02 DodgeeD

02 TaylorB

Best Challenge Idea

11 Extremes of Europe Challenge

06 DodgeeD’s Ten Year Career Challenge

13 “Real London CSE – Small Club to Big Club Forum Challenge”

Sign-Ups

Best Sign-Up

11 The Race for the Whitehouse

10 After Several Tries But No Luck, This Time it Really Could be You.......Who’s Crap!!

09 The Inevitable Domination of Mediocre European Football Clubs (as well as awful Puns)

Best Sign-Up Idea

04 The Super-Sized Striker Sign-Up

10 Can you spot the real talent? – An Agents Sign Up

15 60 to One

Best Failed Sign-Up

18 Conquer the World… once you’ve conquered Oceania

10 FC Frozen Nuuk – Brought to you by Takuss, Greenland’s most Famous Pub

02 Strictly French Football

Best Standard of Sign-Up Updates

11 The Inevitable Domination of Mediocre European Football Clubs (as well as awful Puns)

09 The Race for the Whitehouse

10 The Joys of Versatility – From the Deserts of Djibouti to the International Stage

Experiments

Best Experiment

24 AI Experiment – The Bandits are back for FM09

03 English Regen Analysis

03 ***The AI Era – Forza Savona!!***

Best Experiment Idea

11 ***The AI Era – Forza Savona!!***

08 AI Experiment – ‘We aren’t Spanish, we’re Basque!’

11 AI Experiment – an extreme league in an ordinary world

Most Important Experiment Findings

08 AI Experiment – The Bandits are back for FM09

14 English Regen Analysis

07 AI Experiment: Players vs Money vs Infrastructure

Best Standard of Experiment Updates

22 AI Experiment – The Bandits are back for FM09

04 English Regen Analysis

04 ***The AI Era – Forza Savona!!***

Users

Best User

10 dafuge

15 canvey!!

05 Lower Leagues Rule

Best Contribution to a Challenge

10 michaeltmurrayuk

11 Lower Leagues Rule

08 daemonic

Most Helpful User

05 pnefc22

08 hamilton162

17 canvey!!

Most Reliable User

14 canvey!!

11 DodgeeD

05 LokedOut420

Most Missed User

18 wisla_krakow

07 birdy123

04 route1

User of the Future

11 Greasy Chip Butty

10 hamilton162

09 brettney1980

Overall

Best Community Spirit within a Thread

04 Neppo’s Youth Player Project – FM09

10 JoseRR’S FM09 Big Euro Challenge!

16 Wallace v Roberts 2009

People’s Choice Thread

05 dafuge's FM09 Challenge

04 Wallace v Roberts 2009

03 JoseRR’S FM09 Big Euro Challenge!

02 The Return To Treasure Island: The Ultimate Rivalry Lives Again!

02 A1GP, The Sign Up! (II)

02 The EPL – Football’s Answer to the IPL

01 Twelve others

People’s Choice User

05 PaulHartman71

04 dafuge

03 DodgeeD

03 NepentheZ

02 LokeDOut420

02 canvey!!

02 Whoopy D

02 rancer890

01 Seven others

A brilliant evening, if I lived in a country with a half decent time-zone, I would have been able to participate more. As it is, awesomely run awards by Canvey!!

Thanks soo much to the 10 people who voted for me in the Best Failed Sign-Up category, Given the quality of WW' sign-up, I was hoping to get more than 2 votes, but to get 10 people calling my thread the best Failed Sign-up of the year is pretty awesome!

glad hamilton didnt win an award tbh

No need for that mate, you've expressed your view on numerous occasions and we all know wahat it is, no need to keep stating it.

Archived