The 'mikeytwigge' Third CSE Annual Awards *Brought to You Live*

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best Challenge Idea

All good challenges need a good idea, but some less successful challenges also have a good idea. The best ideas, such as dafuge’s challenge which won in 2007, are celebrated here.

The award goes to…

“Real London CSE – Small Club to Big Club Forum Challenge” with 13 votes out of 30.

Nepenthez scoops another award for a brilliant idea. Extremes of Europe came close but its competition for Best Failed Challenge too might have cost it. The create-a-club challenge with a difference takes this home.

Near Misses

Britain and India Challenge

Next: Sign-Ups

Sign-Ups

Best Sign-Up

The celebration of the best sign-up of the year. There was some real quality this year, and while Eurovision Striking Contest, last year’s winner and wisla’s First Ever Sign-Up from 2007 were both fantastic, the winner can say they have fought away even fiercer opposition.

The award goes to…

The Race for the Whitehouse with 11 votes out of 30.

The voting proves my point about the quality of sign-ups, with first, second and third all separated by one vote. In the end, my own sign-up, notable for its story basis and need for participation, wins the award.

Near Misses

The Joys of Versatility – From the Deserts of Djibouti to the International Stage

The Eurovision Striking Contest Volume Two, Take Two

The Return to Treasure Island: The Ultimate Rivalry Lives Again!

Next: A commercial break

Commercial Break

Did you know there’s an easier way to find out the best threads in the forum than organising an awards ceremony? When viewing a thread, you will see a ‘Rate Thread’ button towards the top of the screen (just above the first post of the page). When you click on this, you get:

rate.png

Rate the threads you visit regularly to tell everyone else about how good…or bad, you think they are. A thread needs 10 ratings to display one, but these ratings can be used to help you choose a thread to read, or can be used in future in conjunction with the guides.

Give it a try...rate this thread.

Best Sign-Up Idea

A sign-up doesn’t have to be a roaring success to have had a good idea. This award, which has been won in the past by When Two Islands go to War: Shetland vs. Orkney and The Apprentice: Football Manager Edition, marks out some of the better ideas from the past 12 months.

The award goes to…

60 to One with 15 votes from 29.

It was a close fight, but my, Ridleys’s and weeeman27bob’s sign-up wins this award. The idea of three chances to win gives a simple sack-race formula an edge.

Near Misses

The Race for the Whitehouse

The Inevitable Domination of Mediocre European Football Clubs (as well as awful Puns)

El Aprendiz: Tú eres Despedidos!

Next: Best Failed Sign-Up

Best Failed Sign-Up

At last, a sign-up award which I won’t win! It’s good to give the others a chance, even if it’s only a consolation prize for a potentially good sign-up that didn’t work out, like Hom3r’s Interesting Sign-Up in 2007 and It Could be You Who’s Crap last year.

The award goes to…

Conquer the World… once you’ve conquered Oceania with 18 votes out of 30.

There is a convincing win for Walcott’s Wonderkids despite some good opponents for the award. An OOTP sign-up based on propelling Oceania nations to success with money, although it ended prematurely, it did not go unnoticed.

Near Misses

There were no near misses for this award.

Next: Best Standard of Sign-Up Updates

Best Standard of Sign-Up Updates

Everyone following a sign-up appreciates good updates, and this award honours the user that puts so much effort into the thread that wins.

The award goes to…

The Inevitable Domination of Mediocre European Football Clubs (as well as awful Puns) with 11 votes out of 30.

Once again the sign-up award goes with an 11-10-9 split. Congratulations to PaulHartman71, whose updates, such as this one, are above the rest and worthy winners.

Near Misses

After Several Tries But No Luck, This Time it Really Could be You…….Who’s Crap!!

Euro 2008…OOTP Style!

Next: Experiments

went AWOL for a couple of months without saying goodbye. Made a return in a thread merely stating how he was pleased he was doing well in the sign up :D. Ridleys then welcomed him back and he deleted his post iirc.

strange :confused:

The award goes to…

The Inevitable Domination of Mediocre European Football Clubs (as well as awful Puns) with 11 votes out of 30.

Once again the sign-up award goes with an 11-10-9 split. Congratulations to PaulHartman71, whose updates, such as this one, are above the rest and worthy winners.

I wasn't expecting to win anything tonight, won it by a very close vote but that was the only way I was going to win anything imo. Both of the other two threads would have made more than worthy winners though :thup:

Experiments

Best Experiment

Although this is the thinnest area of the three, it is always an honour to win Best Experiment. AI Experiment, What Would Happen If? won it last year and its successor looks to be the favourite.

The award goes to…

AI Experiment – The Bandits are back for FM09 with a staggering 24 votes out of 30.

Congratulations to the opposition who tugged 6 votes off kipfizh, but foremost congratulations to him. The fundamental experiment which inspired all others, it was hard to see anyone else coming close.

Near Misses

English Football World Analysis

AI Experiment – ‘We aren’t Spanish, we’re Basque!’

Next: Best Experiment Idea

From 'best sign up' last year to 'best failed sign up' this year... sums up my year on the forums really - haven't been around enough to make a sustained contribution.

I understand the reasons for this ending but it was absolutely brilliant while it lasted, I loved taking part in this.

Brings back memories of Tonga and ... mikeytwigge :(

I would love to bring this back as I did enjoy the sign up while it lasted... plus I do have the sign up save game still on my pc.... but I just don't have the regular time to commit to such a thing at the moment.

I do still love the overall OOTP concept though and with the proposed new competition editor, I may pop up with a small scale OOTP idea in the new year (I have a couple of ideas), that I can efficiently run if things at work have quieten / settled down. :)

Best Experiment Idea

There’s a fairly good way of telling what idea is a good one: you end up wanting to run the experiment yourself. AI Experiment – Birth of a New Nation won it last year, and the winner has had a good idea regardless of its execution and or success.

The award goes to…

***The AI Era – Forza Savona!!*** and AI Experiment – an extreme league in an ordinary world each with 11 votes from 30.

Two brilliant ideas, and two worthy of recognition. The voting was close, so close that it was actually inseparable, and gives the second award to be split this evening. Congratulations to both.

Near Misses

AI Experiment – The Bandits are back for FM09

English Regen Analysis

Next: Most Important Experiment Findings

I do still love the OOTP idea though and with the proposed new competition editor' date=' I may pop up with a small scale OOTP idea in the new year (I have a couple of ideas), that I can efficiently run if things have work have quieten / settled down. :)[/quote']

Sign me up now :thup:

Best Experiment Idea

The award goes to…

***The AI Era – Forza Savona!!*** and AI Experiment – an extreme league in an ordinary world each with 11 votes from 30.

Have to admit I'm more surprised at this award than the sign up one.

Enjoyed coming up with the extreme league idea, just a shame I didn't have the time to see it through long term.... sounds like a familar theme is developing with my awards this year! :D

Perhaps I should just write up ideas and let other people do them!

Most Important Experiment Findings

Some experiments are run for experience, some for fun and some actually want to find something out. It is the latter that we reward with this award, won last year by What Would Happen If?.

The award goes to…

English Regen Analysis with 14 votes out of 29.

roversawh7 has prevented kipfizh from winning a second award for this and for the night and comes just short of a majority. Perhaps revisiting similar circumstances put the Bandits behind, whereas this pioneering experiment broke fresh ground.

Near Misses

There were no near misses for this award.

Next: Best Standard of Experiment Updates

Archived