The Race for the Whitehouse

The Race for the Whitehouse

‘I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of the President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.’

color.GIF

The race for the Presidency is hotting up! And one of 14 CSE Forumers will be inaugurated next year! I can hardly wait. Let’s take a look at the challenge that lies before them.

The Parties

As we all know, there are two major political parties in the United States, the Democrats and the Republicans. As some may know, the MLS is divided into two sections: The Eastern Conference and the Western Conference. The Democrats are the Eastern Conference. The Republicans are the Western Conference.

This is based on Barack Obama, a Democrat, being senator for Illinois (Chicago Fire – East), and John McCain, a Republican, being senator for Arizona (closest match, Chivas USA – West).

These parties, made up of 7 candidates each, will contest internally to determine who their candidate will be to challenge the opposition for the US Presidency. Choose wisely, delegates.

The Primaries and Caucuses

Every political candidate has to go through this process to win the vote from their political party. This involves 30 debates, 16 against candidates from the same party, and 14 against candidates from the rival party. After every set of debates, the party members then vote for which candidate they want to take their party’s nomination based on that debating performance.

There are more details to do with debates, which will be introduced to you in due course.

The votes are put into a league table of candidates to see who the front runner for the nomination is. After all the debates have finished, the party’s front runner is then put forward as the candidate. Their mission, should they choose to accept it, is to run for the office of the President of the United States.

The Running Mate

This candidate can choose a fellow candidate to run alongside them as a running mate, aiming for the office of Vice President of the United States. The Running Mate will also score points in the general election. To prove you have been reading this far, adding “I want Joe Biden as my running mate” is always a very useful phrase to add to your sign-up form.

The Election

Both parties have two candidates; both candidates have a running mate. Now, the MLS Playoffs begin. Eight candidates, three from each party plus two regardless of their party, enter the playoffs as the general election. Hopefully, the candidate and their running mate are involved in these, as otherwise they will score no points.

At the end of the playoff system, the election opens to the general public. Initially, there is a voting registration period, everyone in the Challenges, Sign-ups and Experiments Forum is entitled to vote provided that they register. Once the registration is complete, the voters are split into their states and they wait patiently for their chance to vote. Anyone involved in the sign-up is also eligible to vote, including the candidate who is eventually picked, although voting registration will close well in advance of them knowing who it is.

The Result

After all the votes have been counted, the President can be announced. Voters, if there are more than 50, are split into states, and each state votes for a candidate, rather than each vote counting towards a candidate. If all goes well, we should have 5 or so people for California, all the way down to 1 for states such as Wyoming and Alaska. Of course, this may not be the case, but we’ll try and make do.

Once every state’s vote has been determined, the winner can be announced. Then, a few months later (not real time), they are inaugurated and must take the oath at the top of this page. After that, they are in office as the President of the CSE Forum.

Signing Up has now closed. This sign-up is now in progress.

Writer’s Notes

This is my second sign-up, and lets hope things go well. If there are any questions, please ask, and if I feel they are important ones I will add them to the final opening post. A new thread will be created for the actual sign-up event, this is just for getting managers. There will also be a thread for voter registration, anyone may register for that. Please ensure you have read this post thoroughly and appended all relevant information to your sign-up form.

Image Copyright ©2004-2008 EnchantedLearning.com.

The following people are not permitted to enter this sign-up:

eldereth

Good luck, start signing up!

Let the race for the Whitehouse begin!

The Sign-up starts here!

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

remember you talking about doing a Presidential Elect sign-up in the Ideas thread absolutely yonks ago canvey!! and always thought that it would be an exciting idea and fascinating sign-up to take part in.

Manager Name: Jeremy American

Date and Month of Birth: 1/2/

Personality: Logical Analyser

Campaign Focus: Foreign Policy

I have only one demand...“I want Joe Biden as my running mate”

Guest mikeytwigge

Manager Name: mikey twigge

Date and Month of Birth: 23-07

Campaign Focus The Economy

nah Jsalter im having Joe Biden as my running mate you can choose someone else ;)

remember you talking about doing a Presidential Elect sign-up in the Ideas thread absolutely yonks ago canvey!! and always thought that it would be an exciting idea and fascinating sign-up to take part in.

Yes, the original idea was posted here. Let's hope it goes well.

Manager Name: Giuseppe Rossi

Date and Month of Birth: March 9th

Personality: Adventurous

Campaign Focus: Public Safety

I want Joe Biden as my running mate, but unfortunately he's still upset with me over the St Petersburg incident.

Edit: "the St Petersburg incident" can be my phrase thing, whic on re-reading of the OP I see that you mention.

Manager Name: Tomaldinho

Date and Month of Birth: 20/09/1976

Campaign Focus: The Economy

I want Joe Biden as my running mate. Hoping to be Republican though.

Looks superb Canvey, hopefully got this application done before a flurry of entrants.

Manager Name: Winston Walcott

Date and Month of Birth: 29/02/1976

Personality: Cautious

Campaign Focus: The Family

If it's good enough for Nep, it's good enough for me... I want Joe Biden as my running mate as well!!! :D

Together we can build America from the base up again!

ps:Could Winston be born in 1976 please, not 1977 - just want my manager to be born on 29th Feb :)

magvest, re-read the opening post and you will know.

Signing-up has now closed.

NepentheZ, Public Economy? :confused: - you've made up a new campaign focus there. I can only assume you mean the Economy.

eldereth is banned from my sign-ups for life after he signed-up to the Apprentice: Football Manager Edition but did not post at all.

magvest, re-read the opening post and you will know.

Signing-up has now closed.

NepentheZ, Public Economy? :confused: - you've made up a new campaign focus there. I can only assume you mean the Economy.

eldereth is banned from my sign-ups for life after he signed-up to the Apprentice: Football Manager Edition but did not post at all.

Ha. yea, couldn't decide between the two, so put a mix. :o

Edited now, anyway :D

Manager Name: Lawrence Lazewski

Date and Month of Birth: 4/28

Campaign Focus: Foreign Policy

I know you said sign-up is closed but maybe if frithleeds doesn't post his information I could take his place, because I want Joe Biden as my running mate

How on Earth did MarkTrevor get 4294967295 infraction points? spartans5, you are in! Sorry Ridleys.

frithleeds, thanks :thup:.

The draw will probably be tonight and we will commence with the new patch. Although you won't know the results of the draw until we start ;).

Guest roberto922

Since Ridleys hasn't yetposted in replacement of MarkTrevor I will presume that theres still a post available if not it doesn't matter

Manager name: Robert Jones

Date and month: 20/09

Campaign Focus: The economy

Since Ridleys hasn't yetposted in replacement of MarkTrevor I will presume that theres still a post available if not it doesn't matter

Manager name: Robert Jones

Date and month: 20/09

Campaign Focus: The economy

if you read the post correctly, you saw canvey!! gave the place to spartans ;)

Archived