NepentheZ

[FM08] Knockbreda F.C - 1 Man. 3,000 Dreams

684 posts in this topic

Just to let you guys know, I've also just applied to become the manager of Scotland. Hopefully taking any step onto international management, will help me get that N. Irish managers job.

Another top season Nep :thup: Hopefully Cully can start to develop more and smash in the goals that he needs to be in contention for 3000 :)

Ok guys, a bit of a happy, and sad message here.

As I'm in my 50th season, I think this would be a good time to call the save a day. It's been nearly 3 years on and off gaming time, which is a lot of dedication to 1 save. However, I'm just not having fun with the save anymore. Domestically dominant, continentally inferior. I just can't attract any world class players to my club anymore. (No idea why, in all honesty) - And my first 11 now consists of 5 players from my very own youth system. While that's good on the domestic basis, that I can win things with my home grown players, I'm just unable to compete with the big guns of Europe.

That being said, I'm going to continue the season, finish it, have 1 last mammoth End of Career update, and then store the save game in my external hard drive. That way, if I ever I want to play another season here or there, I can. (PRobably will do, actually, after I get my iMac)

So yeah.... in the coming weeks, I'll be finishing this off.

Also want to call time on it, so I can get into a FM10 save before FM11 is released, and then get into an FM11 save. At the moment, it's so hard, because of FM08 :D

That's the trouble, I think. You've spoilt yourself with this save and probably need to come to a (temporary) end in order to move on to FM10. :thup:

Sad to see you leave it but I know you'll be back here again in the future. ;)

A fantastic save Nep and one that deserves its place in the hall of fame. But as C. says, probably best to leave it (maybe temporarily) to move on to something new on FM10.

I haven't read the whole thread, but do you ever manage to win CL?

Yeah he does - 3 times I think. A sad day. Great career.

If you read just the opening post, all the relevant info is there.

Champions League : 2037, 2044, 2047

However, yes, I managed to win it, 3 times :p

What an epic career, HoF thread here we come.

Hats off to you Nep, in Wallace, Dunlop and Smylie you have 3 of the greatest players of all time.

A sad day for the forums as the most well known thread throughout them comes to an end, be it permentant or temporary, but it's the right decision.

I wish you the best of luck with your future adventures into the unknown, and who knows, maybe another Knockbreda-esque epic could be on the cards in Gundo's Challenge on FM11 ;)

I'm hoping :D

You're not the only one, perhaps you'll find a 4,000 goal man ;)

Nep, do you plan on coming back to Northern Ireland in further editions of FM? Or will you take a break and head back to the bigger leagues of Europe.. or perhaps another minnow nation?

Anyway, you've done a brilliant job with Knockbreda - in fact, this thread was my main inspiration in my Northern Ireland save which is up to 2021 now - though it isn't anywhere near as illustrious as yours. Smylie and the likes have been a huge inspiration and congratulations on having such a legendary save. :thup:

Cheers man.

I don't know if I'll go back. It would be hard, due to the success I've already had there. Might try another small nation, or might tuck in to a 10 tier challenge in FM11.

At least you wouldn't struggle to keep players if you did the 10 tier challenge once you hit the top! Although can't see you dominating the league so much! :p

That's an epic game you've had there. Astonishing that you have managed to keep it going for so long and have been able to enjoy so much success.

I'd love to attempt something similar and most probably will (attempt, not succeed) somewhere down the line after reading all of this.

imagine this save on fm11 with dynamic leage rep

I'll bet that Nep already has. *drools*

:D

imagine this save on fm11 with dynamic leage rep

I had the exact thought just now.

Had to save this thread, fallen way to far. Come on Nep give us one more season :)

I have just finished reading this thread, it took me four days reading bits here and there - and what a story!

It makes me jealous really, as the achievements are just... bloody hell!

Well done Nep. I really got into this and I nearly had a tear in my eye when Smylie retired, it was like someone dying a film!.... Almost!

Anyway, I still think another season or ten can be done yet :thup:

.. FIFA Ultimate Team happened :D

Sorry. I haven't played any for of FM for many months. I can't honestly see myself playing again until FM12 is released. When I find the time, I will finish the current season, upload it, and retire myself in the game, to officially bring this thread to a close :D

Yeah sure. It's on my Hard Drive at home, so I'll upload it when I get home tomorrow :D

Neppo is a top fifa youtuber now, he should do an FM series on it.

Neppo is a top fifa youtuber now, he should do an FM series on it.

I'd like that too, but as he has said in his YouTube videos that FM just isn't the same game anymore. He says it's way too complicated for a game, and takes too much time. That's why he isn't really interested in playing more FM. He has actually had FM12 for a looong time, because his girlfriend bought it for him, but he hasn't even unpacked it and played it yet. Also, with the pub he runs, and his own YouTube channel, he simply doesn't have the time to play FM.

If you're reading this and didn't know about his YouTube channel and are interested, you can visit his channel at: www.YouTube.com/NepentheZ

I'm going to close this, Nep can ask a mod if he wants it re-opened.

I've deleted all the stupid posts, pending Moderator decisions.

Some of you need to realise people share these stories for your enjoyment, they owe you nothing.