All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. How it would work 1) Co-op enabled checkbox. When checked allows (2) and schedules Senior/U21/U18 games at same time where possible. 2) Add a "Join as Staff" option to the "JOIN ONLINE GAME" screen. 3) Select a staff member from a human-controlled club. You are now playing as that staff member. 4) Assume the responsibilities of that staff member. 5) Senior manager controls [Continue] for team. In-progress U21/U18 games will be simmed as if End Game had been selected. What roles? No specific names for roles would need created, but rather determined by Staff Responsibilities Obvious ones include: U18 Manager: [Match Day (U18), Recruit Staff (U18), Finding and Signing players (U18), Leads General Training (U18) U21 Manager: Similar Director of Football: Finding and Signing players (Senior) With other nitty-gritty jobs like coaching schedules, staff contracts, set piece prep and instructions being delegated to create other staff roles (assistant manager, technical director etc) Chief Scout: Allowing another human player to recruit and assign scouts, maintain shortlists, etc would be an incredible addition to FM. I say this because some players live for transfers and put up with matches and tactics while other are the exact opposite. This would require an additional interface to allow the chief scout to populate and trigger a Scout Feedback event, but I'm confident that the effort would be worth it. Note: This "scouting network" feature would potentially be a headline feature in its own right. Probably for a subsequent FM release. Target audience I think this feature would target two types of FM player: Groups of friends Twitch TV followers Lots of FM content creators try to engage their followers by naming players or staff after them. But inviting followers to handle parts of a save would potentially have a massive boost in FM engagement on social media platforms.
  3. Why Fiorentina? There have been only two Scudetti – league titles – in the Tuscan club’s history, a smattering of Coppa Italias, an Italian Super Cup and a European triumph in the Cup Winners’ Cup which happened so long ago that the tournament no longer exists. And yet their famous purple colours enjoy a notoriety far greater than their trophy cabinet might demand. The above Football Club Elo Ratings shows the success which current coach Vincenzo Italiano is bringing to Florence, with La viola playing their best football in a four year period. The club, at the time of writing find themselves sitting in eighth place of Serie A, and are in the semi-finals of the Europa Conference League. The clubs upward trajectory isn't solely down to the efforts on the pitch, in 2019 Fiorentina was purchased by American billionaire Rocco Commisso, who has invested more than €340m int o the club. In a recent open letter (February 2024) Commisso stated 'Three years after I took over a club that had avoided relegation on the last day of the season, we qualified for Europe. Last season we reached the Conference League final and the Coppa Italia final – a double final that Fiorentina had not managed since 1961'. He also reminded La viola fanbase that 'Atalanta and Bologna are often held up as model clubs and of course I congratulate them on what they are doing, but I would also like to remind people with a short memory that Atalanta took seven years to qualify for Europe following the takeover by the Percassi family, and Bologna is challenging for the European spots for the first time this season, eight years after Joey Saputo's arrival. Whilst the future is looking brighter for Fiorentina, the club are still a long way off the levels of Bruno Pesaola's side of the late 1960's which brought the last Scudetto back to Firenze. Pesaola's masterpiece was created through subtle tactical alterations and minimal recruitment. A team with an average age that comfortably sat under 25, they were tagged with the sobriquet 'Fiorentina Ye-Ye', mimicking the nickname that was bestowed upon the youthful, post-Di Stefano Real Madrid. THE GAME MODEL I have opted to deploy what I feel is an incredibly balanced tactic, one which can simply be described as an asymmetric 4-4-2, of course it is fluid with the use of many support roles. However, you will note I have looked to pair roles which should work in unison, for example the use of the Segundo Volante, who when it departs is replaced by the inverted wing-back. Similarly, on the other flank the inverted forward will be replaced by the complete wing-back, who's duty will be to occupy the wide space. We are in Italy, therefore the Regista has been utilised to become the playmaker who has multiple options in front of him, making efforts to break into the box. Some of the team instructions have been influenced by the teams attribute comparison screen, we are Serie A leaders with regard to crosses, free-kicks, and dribbling. Therefore, we will 'play for set pieces' and 'dribble more' to take full advantage of those attributes. The team also boast the highest acceleration, and great off the ball movement making the pass into space another team instruction which we can look to make a marginal gain. Whilst our mental profile isn't up there with the leading sides in Serie A, it is refreshing to see that we are above average for all attributes and importantly are the leading side when taking into consideration the teams work rate. This will be needed when playing some of those over powered out of possession instructions. THE AIMS Use the academy. The club has superb youth facilities, which has seen the likes of Federico Chiesa, Federico Bernardeschi, Nicolò Zaniolo, and Gianluca Mancini be developed in the recent years. Current first-team players which have also played in the Primavera are Luca Ranieri, Riccardo Sottil, Gaetano Castrovilli and Michael Kayode. Have a young Italian core. Similar to the Scudetto winning side constructed by Pesaola, in which 12 of the core were not over the age of 30, with only three of them beyond 26. Continue to recruit talent from South American. Traditionally, Fiorentina have a few South Americans in their team. Gabriel Batistuta obviously comes to mind. However, the likes of Dunga, Socrates, and Carlos Gringa have all featured for La viola, whilst the best player in the existing squad is another Argentinian, Nico Gonzalez. The Bord have set their expectations for the season (top half finish in Serie A), with the view to securing regular qualification in Europe's second biggest continental competition, the Europa League. There is an expectation to play an entertaining brand of football, I am more than confident that the game model selected will meet the need of both the board and the supporters. PRE SEASON Six wins from six as we build into the new season, given my lack of familiarity with the team I used these matches to get a feel for the playing staff. I will look to provide you all with a bit more detail on the individual playing units, along with any stand out performers from both the Primavera and the U18s as the season takes shape. MATCH DAY ONE - Derby dell’Appennino What are the chances, my very first competitive fixture sees us come up against Thiago Motta's Bologna, a side I know very well from FM23 after replicating his UEFA Pro License Thesis 'The Value of The Ball'. Separated by 100km, the rivalry between the two Serie A clubs is neither one born from the eternal fights for silverware or local disputes, yet the colour and the passion of the Derby dell’Appennino remains a significant date in the Italian football calendar. Despite only racking up 39% possession, we managed to maintain a stronger momentum across the duration of the match. Accumulating 15 shots on goal (2.56xG), and winning the final third passes battle 77 vs 56, shows that possession isn't always everything, it is what you do with it. Our team instruction to trigger press 'much more often', paired with the high line of engagement secured us nine interceptions in the oppositions half, compared to Bologna's zero. Whilst we also covered more km than our opponent, completed more high intensity sprints, and had a lower PPDA (5.09 vs 5.57) than Motta's side. FYI I will be keeping a record of these metrics across all games, I am keen to see which sides outwork us, as this is going to be one of our core pillars of our DNA, more on that to follow. Cristiano Biraghi picked up the MOTM award, the attacking full back completed 95% of his passes, whilst also contributing with three key passes, assisting the goal for Lucas Beltrán (one of the two debutants to score, the other being Andrea Belotti) . Without the ball he made four interceptions, making his presence felt down the left flank, at 30 years of age we will no doubt rely on his experience this season, along with love for the big game (enjoys big matches). RESULTS & UPCOMING FIXTURES Four wind from four to start the save, we are yet to concede in Serie and as we continued the impressive form from the opener against Bologna. September is a busy month which concludes with a game at the San Siro as we face AC Milan. The victory over Football Club Midtjylland seen us secure progress to the Europa Conference League Group Stage where we will play the likes of HNK Hajduk Split, SK Slavia Praha, and Vitória Sport Club. I am going to post regularly, as I feel this format is favourable to save longevity, I actually think I enjoy documenting the save as much as I do playing. Please drop a comment/follow and as always I welcome your engagement. A shout out to @El Payaso for the style inspo.
  4. SEASON 2024/2025 Tottenham Unbeaten But Drop Points To Barnet! King & Donley Win Awards!
  5. Thanks, @Hootieleece Yes, I've already decided that I need to prioritise Eliteserien matches over the UEFA Champions League ones because winning the Eliteserien title guarantees UEFA Champions League the following season whereas 2nd place only guarantees participation in the Qualifying Round(s). So I see winning Eliteserien and the big pay day as a bigger prize than actually progressing in the UEFA Champions League. Rightly or wrongly, that's how I'm seeing it. A lot depends on the result of our next match, at home to Brann. Win and we will be eight points clear of Brann with eight matches to play. Lose and the gap is down to just two points. It's looking very much like a two-horse race now so Viking v Brann is a massive game for both football clubs.
  6. In FM24, clubs simply give up on any development of their players. Not only wonderkids, but generally talented players or those in their prime. They simply buy them and leave them on the bench for 3-4 years and then put them up for sale. There is no pleasure on the transfer market when I manage to buy such great players for worse prices, because thanks to the mistakes in the current edition, they are simply forced into my team. Out of curiosity, I returned to FM22 to compare this aspect of the game and, unfortunately, it is a gulf. I lost any desire to continue playing FM24. A key aspect of the game is just absolutely broken. The whole thing is complemented by absurd market offers offered by clubs from Saudi Arabia, which completely destroys the transfer market.
  7. Workaround: Go into tactics and hit 'Cancel'. But not obvious so agree with your request.
  8. I would love for this option to be part of Join Online Game. It would be amazing to be able to use it to co-op with friends or even Twitch streamers. How rewarding would it be to get those academy grads and youth signings into the team controlled by the first-team manager?!
  9. They are a neat easter egg idea, but when you play a couple of saves and you encounter one with the name you know is 'faceinthegame', and you already know they will be an outstanding regen - it's just boring / repetitive / removes a bit of interest from scouting. Would there be an option or an editor file to turn them off?
  10. Hello, thank you very much for your contribution, could you put the fmf file of the club world cup for the version of football manager 2021
  11. I struggle with the kits the players wear it the match engine. While this is realistic (e.g. Newcastle vs. Sunderland is a nightmare for me to watch!) it would be good if I could toggle an option to set one of the team to an all-white kit (similar to how it works in the NFL)
  12. Today
  13. @HanziZoloman you're really advanced in the game. Have you been on the same team since the start and what are those numbers after the name?
  14. Katie Singer has been at West Ham since 2021. https://uk.linkedin.com/in/katie-singer-52a198115?original_referer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F
  15. Would this be better represented by having a GK distribution phase of the game with potentially a separate tempo? I've just raised a feature request: [Suggestion] Add set piece for goal kicks In the Brighton example, you could potentially achieve this by the following: R1, R2: Stay wide L1, L2: Stay wide C1, C2, B1, B2: Draw opponents B3: Fast transition A1: Stay forward
  16. Just to let you know Currys have the same Laptop - I think - On eBay refurbished c grade so it has marks £509 and about the cheapest you get that for but it might be worth noting that listing in case eBay or Currys put up a discount code in the next few days.
  17. This is an increasingly important area of the game in real life so would be good to introduce into FM. Positions (Attack) L: Left sided defenders. With L1 being the deepest left sided defender (LB or LWB) and L2 being the 2nd deepest (LM, LW or whichever player the AI would task with defending the area in front of L1). R: Right sided defenders. As above. A: Attackers B: Ball players C: Central defenders. In the absence of a 3rd CB, C3 being the deepest CM Also, being able to set the GK taker would match the trend on non-GKs taking kicks.
  18. Hello, I like 4231, I achieved good results before. I finished 4th at Fulham in season 1. But it got boring and I went back to 433. On the left side, set IWs instead of WB and VOLs instead of DM. IW will "push" VOL forward and VOL will "push" AP more to the right. Change IF to W to make room for VOL and extend the play to the left. The right side looks ok, also change the role of the attacker, I like PFA.
  19. I don’t understand what you mean by teams unplayable. Do you mean like the teams in the unplayable division? If you do they should be 28.
  20. Finished 8th in the first season, then back-to-back 7th, and 6th in the season just finished. Most recently they got to the Europa League semi-final but lost to Juventus 0-2. The Europa League in 2023 (just before the save started) was their last trophy. Been through a couple of managers - Setien Flores was sacked in February 2024; promoted Juan Diaz internally to take over but he only last 18 months before the sack. Current manager is Iban Cuadrado - former Barca u18s manager - who came in from Montpellier and has been in position for about 20 months. They're described in-game as 'rich' but that may be because they sold Idumbo Mozambo to Newcastle for £57m in January and haven't yet spent the money. For now I'd still put Vigo as 'best of the rest' behind Madrid and Barca, with Atleti and Sociedad behind them. Sevilla are consistently in the chasing pack with Valencia and Villareal but can't seem to push into that Top 5 group.
  21. Something like 80% of my squad injuries happen during recovery, rest or match tactics sessions. Sometimes also while traveling after match.
  22. This doesn't work in fm24 I have put the folder in right places clear cache/reload skin nothing happens I'm using a fmbase transparent skin do u think this is the reason why its not working? personal assistants they are just default no numbers showing
  1. Load more activity