Sports Interactive Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. What about a 433? 2dmcs and a cm with AMwingers and pf.. Or one dm and 2 cms? Maybe 3 cms, but i guess you need that dm. Also i guess the problem is the space in front of full backs with AML/R. So have so sacrifice some other way to achieve balance. I like 433s, boring if it wont work at all.
  3. As demand for 4231 formation is very high even it's way less effective than Zeus I decided to share my best 4231 tactic Wolverine V1 (download link can be found at the OP)
  4. My recommendation would be Chiesa. My scout reports told that Bailey would find it difficult to get a WP. Chiesa takes a while to settle, but then is gold. And is interested to join from the beginning. Honestly, outside of him, I would go for Sancho, and not Bailey or Everton (in the later seasons, when Sancho is interested)
  5. Champions Playoff Ouch... Actually just straight up outclassed and our run comes to a halt. In good news though, playoff defeat equals a Euro Cup berth and some much needed income The group we drew actually isn't that bad. Villareal are of course difficult, but Sparta and Rapid aren't that big a step-up from Dinamo or even a step up at all, so we have a slim chance of grabbing some decent results. And in the League We aren't losing... But constantly rotating and resting sides for Europe meant we played a lot of 50/50 squads and our team doesn't really have depth to pull off consistent wins when we're not playing our best players. Outside the First XI most of the squad is decent/leading Second Div quality and aren't liable to perform as expected. No big deal though, as all the board wants is a Top 6 finish and we're hanging near the top end of the table.
  6. Playing with fenerbache, no tactics at all seems to work... so will try this out and let you know:)
  7. League specific? Playing in my second season and the Vancouver board has created a B team that's supposed to play in the PDL (no games ever take place, which has already been mentioned.) The issue is that the board always refuses any suggestions for the B team coaches to study for a license, stating that "we currently have enough physiotherapists to do a sufficient job..." I've received the same message 2 times- once for a coach and once for the assistant coach.
  8. Can you please make it possible to search for out of work managers on FMM 20. I just bought the editor as I wanted to edit the managers of certain teams (Tottenham for example) but unless I’m missing something it’s impossible to do as you can’t search for managers by name.
  9. The reason why that doesn't happen is, the game rewards too much set piece goals and shots from long and/or the edge of the area. So sitting back is generally not a brilliant strategy, because a team that corners you around your area, will naturally have more chances of this kind, the laws of probability means eventually one will go in. Essentially, and this is the really exasperating thing about FM20 and btw FM19 was already a bit like that too, the game rewards teams that attack a lot but not particularly well - teams that create a lot of rubbish, low percentage chances. There is just not enough of a discernible difference in chance conversion between these fairly rubbish chances and clear ones. I would even say it feels like a free shot from the edge of the area, on the volley on a first touch, pays off better than a free shot from the penalty spot with the ball under control, which is nuts. Its all to do with the algorithms of "feeling the pressure of the nearby defender" and "goalkeeper cutting the angle". Add to it really poor decision making on the ball that overlooks clear obvious cutback options; overlooks possibilities for central short passes between the lines that would completely destabilise a defence, in favour of longer passes into players that are running into space instead (often wide players); central deep strikers and playmaker AMCs always picking up the ball with their back to goal in the rare occasions they're called upon, and therefore not influencing the game enough; players far too keen of shooting with their wrong foot and/or on their first touch; defending that is generally too narrow/compact and ignores runs by attacking fullbacks; and magic pinpoint long balls that sometimes bypass even deep defences... and this is just not a good experience at all. It's like playing a game of football on the moon, it sort of resembles football but then works with different laws of physics that are unnatural.
  10. Okay, fair enough. I appreciate your willingness to contribute with content.
  11. 2 of the goals scored in my last 2 games have been from the post/bar, so it definitely does happen in FM 20- rare but does exist.
  12. 1. Since it is html, you don't need each file, single one has all five pages. 2. Zoom is your friend. 3. What are your thoughts of putting the Penetration, Solidarity, and Support ratings for each position, along with a calculator? Attacking Structures
  13. Ok then, I'll be uploading a 6-page quick introduction to these concepts, also based on guidetofm.com explanations
  14. THE TACTIC HAS BEEN UPDATED TO V2 Changes: - changed the mentality from "Attacking" to "Balanced" - tweaked the role and PIs of MCL position - tweaked the PI of MCR position - tweaked PIs of DL/DR position - tweaked some TIs
  15. @sedge11 What role are you using Rashford in? Not started my save yet but I'm seriously considering starting with the first window transfers off, even though it will be painful. Never done that before in any FM though (as well as having attribute masking on which I'm definitely doing for the first time).
  16. I don't think people understand concepts like "core style", "number eight water carrier", etc. Also, you can't choose fluidity anymore. The game sets it for you.
  17. January 2030 A very difficult beginning to the new decade, but a good win against Wycombe restores some morale. Transfers 2 keeprs on the move this transfer window, sold Debenham-Waterfall to Championship side Oxford, so perhaps he's got some potential. I managed to negotiate a 50% sell on fee just in case.
  18. Today
  19. I just had 2 goals where the striker dribbles around the goalkeeper, first time i saw it. Hope the colour of the crowd will change at the next update, tired of seeing 50% wearing brown or orange jackets
  20. PLEASE TELL ME THAT WAS UMAR SADIQ ! LOL biggest flop ive ever seen in a football shirt lol.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?