How many of you ENJOY FM08?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sad Git:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I really fear for SI and FM '09, because if there isn't any major changes then I fear a huge backlash from the public, something I think SI have been ignoring with dangerously over the last few year's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only "Major Change" that SI seem to be considering is getting rid of these forums because in Miles' words:- "I don't think they're very nice any more"... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now, that is funny.

I like the fact that i can run alot of leagues smoother than on earlier versions. I also like that they have improved the news messages, I dont have to click my way to reject an offer or to see if a player is worthwhile.

Other than that the game is as of today, pure ****!! So untill they fix it im back to Fm2007, with a data update.

The biggest problem I can see is the fault with defender AI. That has been well documented. FM 08 has some nice additions, but really, the match engine in 07 was far superior, despite its bias towards taller players. Really, I don't know why they overhauled the engine. There are other problems, to be sure, but defending is the key problem with this game. It's still playable IMO, but isn't representative of true football. Some have speculated that users want to see more offensive chances, but I (and many others) am more content with a more solid 1-0 score. Offensive players are Godlike and defenders are crap. To compensate, one on ones are almost always ineffective - a cheap trick meant to keep scores down and diminish the deficiencies of the defender AI.

For short-term games I prefer 08. For long-term, 07 is superior. There is a regen problem in 08 which means that after 5 years or so, the game becomes quite "difficult". The regens don't progress quickly enough to become servicable. I'm pretty sure, however, that this is will be fixed in the next patch. Hopefully, the next patch won't nerf our saved games.

I definately cant complain. How much did i pay? I think it was around £25...and ive most definately got my moneys worth! Am i enjoying it, invariably. When the bugs are sorted, especially in game, im sure there'll be no room to moan. Until then, ill continue playing and continue swearing at my screen.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rbnrbn:

I definately cant complain. How much did i pay? I think it was around £25...and ive most definately got my moneys worth! Am i enjoying it, invariably. When the bugs are sorted, especially in game, im sure there'll be no room to moan. Until then, ill continue playing and swearing at my screen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I definately cant complain. How much did i pay? I think it was around £25...and ive most definately got my moneys worth! Am i enjoying it, invariably. When the bugs are sorted, especially in game, im sure there'll be no room to moan. Until then, ill continue playing and swearing at my screen!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rbnrbn:

I definately cant complain. How much did i pay? I think it was around £25...and ive most definately got my moneys worth! Am i enjoying it, invariably. When the bugs are sorted, especially in game, im sure there'll be no room to moan. Until then, ill continue playing and swearing at my screen! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can say that again.

It's not enjoyable for me at all. The skin is an abomination and the game's bugged to hell. The registration bugs destroy it if you don't fancy playing in England. The media stuff is tedious and the team talks an absolute disaster. I haven't been able to get far enough into the game to see what happens with the regens but judging by what I've read on the forums it'll only get worse with time.

I hold little hope for 8.0.2. There's stuff from 06 and 07 that still hasn't been fixed yet, so how can anyone honestly believe the new problems will be properly dealt with? I'm seriously hoping for a massive change for FM09.

I went back to 01/02 for a while, which was good fun, then back to 07 because of the lack of depth. SI need to sit and play the game and think very hard about every screen and piece of interaction they come across. Does it need to be there? Is it enhancing my enjoyment of this game?

I have always loved the game and will always stay loyal to it and here comes the but.. I do think this game looks and feels very rushed and kind of tacky for some reason I do hate the 32 shots on goal a game and lose 1-0 and my new pet hate get 4 goals disallowed in a game and therefore lose other than that I hope the next patch sorts this out and gives it a more realistic match engine !

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nymanr:

Hated FM07 and still feel FM06 was the best to date (most fun).

Did not like the jump from "fun" to "work" that i experienced between FM06 and FM07 and at first i felt that FM08 was there some where in the middle of these two. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may say your English isn't the best mate but you've pretty much summed up the way I've felt about all 3 games there.

For all it's bugged annoying-ness I'm enjoying 08 more than 07, but less than 06.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GoodIdea:

http://www.thedugout.tv/community/showthread.php?t=42135

This is a thread on the website "The Dugout". Most of them feel as though the game is beyond fun, and is boring. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lies, damned lies and statistics.

While it's true that a plurality of the people say that the game is beyond fun the majority of the people say that they like it the way it is now (combine the answers "Yes it has become too hardcore but I like it this way" together with "No it's not too hardcore, it's okay like it is now")

I definitely enjoy fm 08 and i do believe that in overall it is a slight inprovement from 07. The match engine has become more realistic and currently i'm in the middle of my 5th season.

However i can see the frustration of those who are unhappy with the board/fan confidence. On another game i was Spain and drew to bulgaria 1-1 in a euro 2008 group game, the fans were happyish. I made it the quarter finals and beat rivals portugal, played well but the fans were slightly dissapointed despite the team playing reasonably well and ending the spell of Spanish underachievment which hasn't seen them do especially well in any major tournament for quite a while! icon_confused.gif

One the other hand however, FM 08 is a gr8 game and is definitely enjoyable and much better than its nearest managerial gaming rival of Championship Manager. icon14.gif

i love the game its great but am getting annoyed because of the board and fan confidence, i didnt have greatest first season came 3rd but so far am first and was by a long way but they still werent happy and i am still in CL so that gets annoying and the match engine keeps giving matches to lowly positioned teams despite me getting 70 percent possesion and about 30 shots but besides that i love it.

enjoy it until the keeper palms one out at bramall lane to an onrushing Jermaine Beckford and he cannons the post from two yards and screws the rebound wide as he hasnt connected properly

I'm frustrated with FM08, especially tactically and the difficulty of maintaining consistancy. Sometimes I win games billed as close matches by 3-0 and then when I'm clear favourite I lose 2-0. The lack of information to help with tweaking tactics just makes the whole experience even more of a headache.

Guest nicmercer

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A True Fan:

Love it, can't stop playing it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its only a game for christs sake and a good one hear hear

• 9 years later...
  • KUBI locked this topic

Archived