Ideas for FMH08

"Detail" used in the same concept as Championship Manager baffles me.

They have a minimal scouting network - the amount of detail in FM eclipses the detail in Championship Manager.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want there's a Nintendo DS version for the next FM Handheld. Play it with touvhscreen and stylus will make the game more fun

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridley99:

heres an intresting one.

How about SI create a team for the lower leagues with all the SI staff in? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol and to get the unlockables u msut complete 10 seasons with tht team.

i would love to be able to delay transfers by a week like in championship manager. Its so annoying when u have got to cancel a transfer to sign another when uv not got enough money at that time, if u have a delay option it gives you time and the chance to make that money available

and i keep forgetting contract negotiantions. We should be able to offer various clauses and transfer negociations like trade players and first dibs on players if they are being sold and things like that.

A minor request: more different names for the regens. It's very annoying that the same surnames keep popping up, along with sometimes even the same first names. It leads to confusing game commentary. I've even stopped myself from buying a certain player because he had a name too similar to another player in my squad...

Note: I don't know if this happens to all leagues, but it is happening to my Italian league. Lots of Stendardos, Letos and Mottas around playing footie in the Serie A right now...

• 2 weeks later...

The scouts reports have to be more detailed in the next version - especially when it comes to telling you whether a player is injury prone or not. I don't know how many times I've bought players on recommendation just to have him out half the time injured!

It would also be good when managing a national team to know whether players like long shots or not

1. Same as Ziehensack, Kompany IS injury prone.

2. I can't seem to offer players with teams which have a B-Team. The button is used to promote.

2. Delaying transfers by a week.

3. If I get a message that a player accepted my contract offer on the 29th of August and I press continue it skips to the 1st or 2nd of september. Which causes the deal to collapse. So in the end of the transferwindow it should just skip by one day.

For the rest, keep the layout a bit the same please. The games are so messyicon_razz.gif

Marc:

The new PSP release has me a bit concerned. Will the next iteration of FM Handheld work with the current PSP, or would SI consider making it compatible only with the new one, due to it's double RAM as the current model (to which, you can add additional features).

I love the Handheld games, but I don't really have an interest in the new PSP.

I can't imagine SI will alienate the PSP's current userbase, and nor would Sony by sanctioning many games that solely use the newer model's RAM. Which is basically the only major improvement in the console and is largely to facilitate the TV Out function as I understand it. I may be wrong.

I'd say that if FMH2008 is on for a release this year, it's unlikely that it will use the new RAM unless SI were aware of it well in advance.

If they ever do use it, ideally it would be to allow for multiple concurrent leagues and a larger database. I believe the PSP actually only grants about 23MB at the moment for games, with the OS and other gubbins using the rest. An extra 32MB would be amazingly good.

Having recently played CM2007, I'm actually quite impressed with the amount they've crammed into the game and it would probably be my game of choice at the moment if it wasn't for the unbelievable omission of a highlights mode. Quick Result is useless and akin to not playing it, and watching the match is a ten to fifteen minute slog that's largely devoid of excitement.

What impressed me most though is the large selection of leagues. I'd kill for a hefty choice in the next FM.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>2d Match viewer

<LI>Reserve teams (just to clear the screen abit)

<LI>Youth teams

<LI>More offers form rival clubs for top players

<LI>Ability to recall players from loan

<LI>Ability to take your hard earned profits and build a new stadium.

<LI>Remove Training. Not enough bang for the buck. Have it run in the background. All GK get GK training. All D players get Def Training, all M players get General, All A, FW, or SC players get Attack. One less useless thing to worry about (or have an option for the Asst. Manager to run it)

<LI>Release it in the USA.

<LI>Load a game withought having to restart.

Accessibility

If you are not going to do a 2d pitch, at least generate a Match report (all the stuff thats flashing in the window during a match) as a text file and dump it to the flash drive right after the match. Since most people play the game on very fast on game overview, being able to read about the match later would be useful and cool. Its also a nice way to preserve the season without taking up the working memory of the unit since everything is getting dumped onto the memory stick as small text files.

Since we're taking about the memory stick, it would be nice if anytime a tactic is editted beyond the default that it is saved as a text file on the memory stick so that it can be editted after the fact (or even downloaded to the unit) from one's PC.

Stuff in Tactics is editable and read by the PSP

Stuff in the season folders is text dumps only for review.

PSP â”

Savedata â”

(FM2008) â”

Tactics â”

41212.txt

433.txt

442a.txt

451d.txt

Season2008

Season2009

Season2010 â”

FMH_news.txt

current_roster.txt

current_table.txt

current_roster_stats.txt

transfer_history.txt

20100910.txt

20101710.txt (etc.)

i wouldn't mind not having as many leagues if it ment we would have more player database. ie drop the belguim league/ austrailian and make more foriegn players avavible.

also have under 21's for international team and reserve, youth and under 18's for clubs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LIVIforLife:

i wouldn't mind not having as many leagues if it ment we would have more player database. ie drop the belguim league/ austrailian and make more foriegn players avavible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not too sure the too are related, although it depends a lot on how SI's game is coded.

If all the league structure code is present in the game regardless of what league you select (that is, the actual code that defines how the competition is set up - the data for it such as histories or stats won't be loaded) then there will be a small impact, but it ought not to be huge.

If it's coded in such a way that the game can actually discard code it doesn't need, which is more difficult to do, then it has no real impact whatsoever.

The UMD has more than enough room to store all the required competition data and a database the size of that on the PC. Remember, the PC version comes on a CD with a maximum storage capacity of 650MB or thereabouts. A UMD holds three times that amount, so physical media isn't an issue regarding the data.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Russ99:

Marc:

The new PSP release has me a bit concerned. Will the next iteration of FM Handheld work with the current PSP, or would SI consider making it compatible only with the new one, due to it's double RAM as the current model (to which, you can add additional features).

I love the Handheld games, but I don't really have an interest in the new PSP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to confirm what most people already realised - We'll continue supporting the original PSP when the newer version is released.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea of a match report showing at least the highlights of the game. Goals, shots on target, cards etc...

Many people have mentioned the commentary speed needs sorting. The earlier text based CM games had it right.

Agree about needing an Ass. Man. training option.

Also like to see more job offers. You can get a small lower division team with no prospects promoted and get zero job offers from bigger teams despite your obvious management prowess.

Also I'd like to see players argue a bit more about renewing their contracts. Say someone asks for £1000 a week you can nearly always knock them down to £800 with no fuss. You don't really see that in the PC version. They'd rather walk.

It may already have been metioned but a better multiplayer section.

were say u and ur friend take over differnt teams in the premiership then see who does better.

You could even Loan/Sell each other players.

(Your Final place could dpened on your last match between each other to)

• 2 weeks later...

1) Have wage budgets go UP (if you're successful), not down!

2) Have your assistant give you some idea of how much a player will really cost to buy.

3) Be able to sell good players for similar amounts that the computer teams do. When a computer team sells a very good player valued at 4m they get to sell them for 15m - we get to sell them for 3.2M after playing the silly game of offering them around for 50,000 and then negotiating upwards.

4) Have sugar daddy actually be worthwhile instead of what it appears to be now - which is some kind of loan system.

5) Have your board offer you transfer money when you just won the league and are WAY under your transfer budget (what a concept!).

6) Make "interested" mean interested and not interested mean not interested.

7) Remove the bug where when you and a computer player both bid the same amount for a player in a different league and the computer offer is accepted and yours in refused because they "see him as a future star" or whatever!

8) Remove the bug where one minute the assistant says he is concerned the player hasn’t improved and thinks we should transfer list him but when you go to do that he says he is a good player the club should hang onto.

9) Move UEFA cup games so that they're not always 2 days after a league game. Champions League games often have the same problem in Italy and probably other countries too.

10) Make sure that if there are point deductions, the board are actually aware of this when you take over and don't fire you after 20 games even though you've won 18 of them!

11) Allow us to choose our penalty takers in a shootout.

12) Make it so that when you have achieved enormous success and apply for an international job, they give it to you over some manager who's achieved nothing ever - instead of the other way around.

If there's room:

13) Add a filter in the "attributes" section of the player search like you used to be able to on PC. The filter works like this: If you select 10 attribute numbers you want to search for you also have an option to select 10/10, 9/10 etc. Selecting 9/10 would mean that if a player fits 9 out of 10 your 10 attribute numbers, he'll show up on the search. Very useful and I miss out on a lot of good players by not having it.

14) Enable us to see the bank balance and income/expenditures.

15) Include stadium capacities with the option of expanding.

16) Include B teams so that we can have bigger squads.

i would like to see reserve and youth teams,a world club championship and stadium capacity,and attendances.,with a few more teams for international management and a few tweaks on the bugs and an in game editor and then the next game will be worth buying.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to float up some extra idea, for 09 edition probably since this is too late for new feature requests, but:

Player nicknames automatically given for those countries where it applies.

I know there's no golden rule in nicknaming, but I find it annoying that after a decade or so, there are no more players with a nickname. An idea is that, when generating player names in e.g. Spain and Brazil, have a random percentage of the player to have a nickname. Then, have the nickname based on the real name (obviously), preferably with a few variants to break up too many similar names.

This would add some character to the players. Since you'd only need to use this routine at the end of a season, it won't add to the loading time, except for the overhead we already have at the end of the season anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bbuullddoogg:

3) Be able to sell good players for similar amounts that the computer teams do. When a computer team sells a very good player valued at 4m they get to sell them for 15m - we get to sell them for 3.2M after playing the silly game of offering them around for 50,000 and then negotiating upwards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i play both, and this is the same on the PC version for most. You cant even give away your players, there was someone a bit ago who offered some good regen(i think) for free because he needed space in his squad, and he didnt get any offers

I think this thread is finished now with FMH08 due very soon! all new features will be completed.

Cant wait to find out if any of our ideas have made it into the final game. Well we know at least 1 has! as Marc told us before

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridley99:

I think this thread is finished now with FMH08 due very soon! all new features will be completed.

Cant wait to find out if any of our ideas have made it into the final game. Well we know at least 1 has! as Marc told us before </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This years game is getting close to final now - but its worth continuing with suggestions as if they don't make it into 08 they'll still be considered for the version after that one ...

Archived