Ideas for FMH08

players not to release statemants saying they should be first team regulars as they havent played and are left to rot in the reserves.

Get rid of this as this comes up when a player has not been playing as he has been away on internationals for 3 weeks, its not my fault he cant play and its so annoying.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridley99:

players not to release statemants saying they should be first team regulars as they havent played and are left to rot in the reserves.

Get rid of this as this comes up when a player has not been playing as he has been away on internationals for 3 weeks, its not my fault he cant play and its so annoying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for telling me about this - I've fixed the problem now (it was simply not checking if they'd been on international duty when doing their personality decision).

I've just read through most of the 100+ posts here and can't believe there are no other Irish people on this forum who might have suggested expanding the amount of countries playable in the game. Australia and Belgium ahead of Ireland??!! Ireland please dudes!!!!! Oh how I'd love to bring Drogheda United into Europe with or without sugar daddy.

Some of the other suggestions aren't too workable, I don't ever want a 2D pitch on handheld, that's what my big powerful PC is for.

Create and cancel friendles wud be good.

But basically, anything that will slow gameplay down (ie the pitch) wouldn't be my cup of tea compared to things like adding more players to the database etc.

I like that Scenarios idea (used to love them on Brian Lara Cricket as far back as the Mega Drive!!)

I don't want pictures of players either, I mean I want to know how much he costs, how good he is and what position he plays. Not what he looks like!!

Just the obvious one of more International jobs becoming available (in fact more jobs coming up) and why on earth do clubs NEVER try buy my players unless I put them on transfer list and offer at half price?

But great game and really enjoying playing it.

Just a few things:::

Bigger database,

When you are in a foreign country you should be able to switch country if you get a manger job abroad.

Should be able to go to the main menu instead of having to quit the game.

be able to manage in conference north and so on.

engalnd b.

should have reserves and youth team set up.

should have feeder teams like the pc version.

maybe even longer than 30 seasons.

what about being able to watch the match like LMA

Maybe more board rquests avialable.

Board take overs after so many years,

eeeerrrmmm......... if a team is doing really bad they should have to go into adminastartion.

You should also able to pick at the start of game if you are a manager or a chairman,

You should be able to change the the kit for a new design at the start of every new seaosn.

They should have a the data base editor on the actual game.

You should be able to give team talks before the game.

Maybe you should be able to offer you unwanted players to other clubs.

You should be able to have chats with your unhppy players and try to get them to want to stay at yout club.

more unlockables.

Maybe international maanger should be already unlocked.

That brings me on to my next pont... you should have a wider range of international teams to manager, like holland and ect ect...

You could have a fantasy game where you can be in the past and maanger a team from the 80';s.

You should be able to negotate with kit sponsors about deals,

you should be able to creat yourself as a plyer to play on the game.

Or even you could have a n academy and .

Maybe yo should have more pre-season so your team gets more time to bond.

five-a-side practice matches????

maybe you could include fines by the FA.

and aslo tapping up enquires.

Players should have agents.

You should be able to create what your manager is going to look like.

and at the end of the game, you should be able to see your best ever result and your clubs leading ever goalscoer and the you should have a player of the game award.

maybe you should make the hall of fame worldwide so you can compare your points with other peoples.

If i think of anymore i will inform you.

internet play would be great, as it would really work on FMH because so many people have the game with different modes,

id love a 2d pitch, i know its hard to do,due to the caperbilitys of the psp, but i know id love it,

the pick up and play style would still remain because i reckon when playing with the 2d pictch,it doesnt take much longer than the text commentary, so it would still be nippy

dont change much else, just build and improve,

tactics are fine as they are, its refreshing not having a million sliders to change

I agree, anythin like stadium names and squad numbers would be pointless, But, i do fancy seein feeder clubs, Reserves, U21s, coaches and a bigger database. What really annoys me is when it says "XXXXX are desperate to sign XXXX u21 starlet XXXX" I would prefer to be able to see the u21s instead of hearin about one or two of their players.

id like the idea of u21s aswell as then you could start with them before being offered the full time international position and it will also let you see promising international players when you are managing at both club and international level.

make sure when players get banned at international level they dont get banned forever.

Also be able to appeal a ban as yor player always seems to gat another games ban the next day apart from one case where one of my players got banned done his ban, played another game then he got another ban put on top even though he had completed his suspension and played another game!

Essentials:

1. Youth/B teams for all playable leagues, especially if the team limit is still 36.

2. Limited editing of tactics or an expanded menu of possible sub-tactics for each main formation (as on ProEvo).

3. Filters for player view.

4. Show game-by-game stats on player view (only for the user team if a PSP limitation).

5. Don't clear out a players stats for the main club if send down to a "B' team and then back up again.

Nicetys:

1. Some kind of enhancement to the match engine. I doubt the PSP can handle a full match engine, but maybe expound on scoring chances a bit more, maybe with text or that GIF animations idea from the other user.

2. Built-in club/competition logos or a SI distributed logo pack.

3. Kit .JPG support.

4. Player face .JPG support.

5. Larger database, especially for players on national teams. Not being able to buy Josh Wolff for 1860 Munich is annoying. icon_biggrin.gif

6. MLS as a playable league, with their roster/salary cap restrictions and the "Beckham Rule" as on Worldwide Soccer Manager.

7. Release in the USA. icon_smile.gif

Keep in mind, most of us have larger memory cards and are willing to free up memory card space for advanced features if required.

Two features that would improve it immensely for me;

1) A full match report. Memory is obviously an issue, but it would be nice to review the full commentary of your last game - it'd be useful to review the build up to a goal, or prior to conceding one, a-la the PC version. Playing on fast or very fast you sometimes miss the key moments.

2) A compare player screen. I'm aware screen size makes a PC style compare screen virtually impossible, but the facility to switch directly between one players screen and another's would make comparing stats much easier. I imagine it'd be fairly easy to implement too.

How about an option where you can ask a player to postpone their retirement?

This could be handy for lower league teams when they have signed experienced players only for them to announce their retirement shortly after signing them.

all of the above e.g takeovers and stuff cause its upto you then to prove to the new owners you deserve the job.

also lets have proper cup draws. on set dates rather than finding out straight after the last match you get some voiceovers on the game drawing the numbers out then it can show up on screen still using FMH's text based design when the matches are drawn out. then we can have some reaction to the draw.

also allow the opportunity to submit squad numbers. and better filters at the squad screen perhaps somehow determine whether players are reserve or first team? so you can filter them that way.

also perhaps having the chance of sticking with the current coaching staff at the club or drafting in your own maybe include a list of out of contract/retired players/managers/pundits who you can then call on to try and get them on your coaching staff.

and i think us managers should have to renew our contracts and go into lengthly negotiations with the chairman. also alot more media reaction.

• SI Staff

Just to add to the intrigue .... I've just about finished implementing one of the suggestions posted here icon_biggrin.gif, but unfortunately I can't indicate what it is at the moment ...

(ie. keep them coming chaps - you're helping shape the future of the game icon_biggrin.gif)

not sure if its been mentioned but I'd like to see more detail in loan transfers. ie, clubs very rarely make you loan bids for anything less than a season, clubs should maybe be making 1month loan bids to cover for injurys stuff like that, also, how about making loans with a view to permanent deal, maybe agreeing a fee at the same time as the laon deal and deciding whether to sign him at the end of his loan?

and definatly being able to recall loaned out players! maybe being able to edit/cancel loans using the editor?

i think the person who suggested the idea that marc has put in should be told, as there has been a few people suggest the same ideas therefore the person who suggested it first should get the recgonition.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mightyowl28:

yeah I totally agree, think how good it would feel to actually have your name in the credits (or similar) of the next game!!! (hint hint Marc) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've considered this in the past - however please bear in mind its near impossible to decide who came up with what first ... for instance if you suggest something here and then I read it first on say the 'GetManaging' forums from someone else, who should get the credit? (then add on top the amount of ideas which are suggested which we've already talked about inhouse etc.)

Because of this I'm afraid you'll just have to be content with knowing you've helped shape the game, sorry but its impractical to undertake really.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridley99:

marc,

will you post which ideas have been succesful into getting into the game when its completed so we know which ones have made it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'll post a full feature list at some stage before release as per usual .... when depends on the PR people ....

(just a humble developer me icon_biggrin.gif)

to create/edit the formation..

i usually use 3-4-3 formation but in the game this formation only comes with 2 FWs instead of 3 like the 4-3-3..

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

My name's in the manual icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Behave uncle Ackter ... no need to gloat.

Might of been suggested already

In the team instructions for the Emphasis options at the moment the options are:

Defensive Normal Attacking

what about having

Very Defensive Defensive Normal Attacking Very Attacking

a System like the PC version but without the sliders

And could we schedule our own friendlies? Both club and international - sometimes i see the same opponents for a couple seasons, need some new teams to play eh.

And for training - along with the basic goalkeeper, defensive, and attacking options could we have a complex option where we could choose to work on 1 certain thing with a player like if i want my forward to be better at dribbling, then 'Dribbling training' would focus just on that and will actually improve it greatly - that was just an example but you get what i mean

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

My name's in the manual icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Behave uncle Ackter ... no need to gloat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mightyowl28:

custom playback isn't possible at the mo.. takes up too much space in the umd I think.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It wouldn't take up any space on the UMD. The songs would be existing MP3 tracks on the user's memory stick. The only thing needed to be added to the game would be the capacity to stream the audio from the memory stick.

Archived