Ideas for FMH08

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) 2D pitch

2) live league table - see other scorelines updated whilst in a match

3) update the editor - able to change players names succesfully, edit clubs finances, transfer funds etc

4) youth / reserve teams for all clubs if possible

Probably mentioned before, but the following fix would be nice icon_smile.gif : I'd like league matches to get cancelled when international matches are on. I still sometimes get Serie A matches or Cup matches with at least half my normal squad gone on internationals.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TeeWee:

Probably mentioned before, but the following fix would be nice icon_smile.gif : I'd like league matches to get cancelled when international matches are on. I still sometimes get Serie A matches or Cup matches with at least half my normal squad gone on internationals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is something we're already working upon.

when you go and have a look at the Germany team or a team in East Asia all the players are unheard of and free so basically more players included in the game and make it more realistic so you could look at the papers and stuff and be able to speak 2 any club about anything like mind games and stuff ??

A few little small things that would be nice:

The ability to filter players from the squad. It doesn't need a reserve squad, just the ability to flag players as reserves and an option to show or hide reserves.

A 'bollocking' button. I don't care for team talks, I think they are rubbish. However, after a tonking, I want to be able to throw tea cups and give out the hair dryer treatment at the click of a button. Obviously, this would have consequences if used too often or undeservedly.

The transfer system NEEDS swapsies!

Just one last thing, on the PC version, the time seems to go slower on transfer deadline day, but not on the PSP version. In fact, last deadline day, my game processed 3 days at once, obviously because there were no games on. It shouldn't do this on deadline day.

Rick

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Just one last thing, on the PC version, the time seems to go slower on transfer deadline day, but not on the PSP version. In fact, last deadline day, my game processed 3 days at once, obviously because there were no games on. It shouldn't do this on deadline day.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I definitely agree with this. I don't know how many chunks of time are available in the game each day (CM3 had three, FM07 has umpteen) but deadline day needs to give you the chance to make signings.

one floor i have found which shud be looked into is that i took morcombe to the championship, winning the league cup and 3 JPT on the way, and when i resigned i could'nt get a job in the championship nor league one. the best i could to was darlington in league two.

manager progression is a very important factor of football management and it hasnt been implemented into this great management game

I think it would be nice to be able to listen to your music in the game. When you dont have a match, a song will play from a playlist that you have chosen. Anyone who has played Need for Speed: Own the City will know what I mean. You will be able to select your mp3 music from the psp memory stick and create playlists on the main menu. Then as the week is commencing, you will be able to listen to the music whilst the days pass by. When you enter a match, the song you were listening to before pauses and then plays again when your back to the main screen. It would be good to select the playlist/song from your preferences on your manager profile. Marc - I know your not able to comment on which ideas have been considered or accepted but please could you give me an indication of how possible it would be to do this on the FMH series or your opinion of it? Thanks a lot icon_smile.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leeds for ever:

Also, a much quicker idea...

Would it be possible to have an in-game editor? You would make the changes to the current data base and save it as in-game.txt

I am sure that this idea will not work thats why it was just a quick question icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is 'in theory' fine to do (UMD space isn't a problem as there's a fair bit of it left) - however there isn't a keyboard on the PSP which would make editing very long winded to do ...

For that reason I'll probably stick with the PC based editor for next years version, although I'll also try and build a Mac editor as well if I get access to a Mac (I haven't currently).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leeds for ever:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll also try and build a Mac editor as well if I get access to a Mac (I haven't currently). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a mac editor would be great!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

This is 'in theory' fine to do (UMD space isn't a problem as there's a fair bit of it left) - however there isn't a keyboard on the PSP which would make editing very long winded to do ...

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it'll be that difficult, depending on the amount of editing someone is trying to do.

There's a fair chunk of text in the database but for the most part this remains unaltered, with people instead choosing to move players and clubs around or altering numerical attributes (which would only require the d-pad to adjust the values).

A combination of a PC/Mac based editor, together with an in-built editor on the UMD would be quite good.

Though as far as editing goes, where I'm doing it matters a lot less than what I can do. I do hope for the day I can add clubs and players in.

One more that's bugging me lately:

Please add the ability to save and load Squads to memory stick to FMH handheld.

I usually use an A-team for big/cup matches and a B-team (sometimes C) for other matches. To be able to load these and make tweaks instead of selecting the starting 11 by hand would be a great improvement.

it would be good if you could be able to do more things on the changes file, (e.g set clubs transfer budget, add players not change other players name's), be able to download updates,

Also marc will FMH 2008 be released this year or next, thanks for reading

David

A refinement of the "regen" system (this may or may not already be implemented without me knowing of course)

Countries have a "reputation" for certain positions. That way, some countries are more likely to spawn new super-strikers, while other countries may be more likely to spawn super defenders.

For example, Holland should be able to spawn good midfielders and forwards / strikers on a regular basis, but rarely a good defender.

Italy on the other hand should always have super defenders and killer strikers.

I would absolutely love online play. i've played the challenge match with my friends and this is great to show who is the better manager after 20 seasons or whatever. i would love this to be extended to a two player season or something. Me and my mate need something to do on those long trips to away games to watch Stockport.

commentary settings so i can only see the relevant 'key moments' commentary instead of seeing everything. see my thread on commentary settings, as it may be part of the current game already?

More Technical things so the seasons dont go so quick like erm.. hire staff, goal of the month, veiwable goals, Betting Odds, More Control Over Your Youth i.e You Promote players yourself aswell as your coaches, stadium development, more board Comments and More media. things like tht to slow my seasons down to make them more realistic. Obviously Not all of them but if you could just put one or two forward i would be very greatful.

Hi...

out of interest I had a look at the size of the game and suprisingly the game is only around 130mb.

Which begs the question, why can't there be a lot more players and staff etc?

I know adding the 2d pitch and other features will slow the game down..

BUT, there are no loading times whatever, im sure people wouldn't mind having to wait a couple of seconds if some new features are implemented.

I'm in 2020! you can do a season really quickly, probably too quickly.

I really wish I could do more.

You can change your line up and formation and buy players. That's it to be honest. All I find myself doing is tapping start, play game, tapping start, play game etc.

Also the game is FAR too easy imo. Buy players for about 50k when they are 16/17, and in a few years they are worth about 20 million. happens all the time and it's unrealistic.

I started my game as Leicester, bought lots of young foreign players for nothing and in a couple of years they were worth £10 million each.

Despite what I have said - still a great game!

BUT, too easy and there are a lot of exploits in the game.

SERIOUSLY: If I need some cash quickly, I buy a 16 year old from Weymouth or something, and they instantly go from being worth 20k to £2 million, if you then play them a couple of times they will be worth £5 million, you can then offload them. That's what I hate about the game

I hope this is something you address!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bluefox:

Hi...

out of interest I had a look at the size of the game and suprisingly the game is only around 130mb.

Which begs the question, why can't there be a lot more players and staff etc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because the size of the UMD isn't the key factor, but rather the quite limited amount of RAM the PSP actually has. It has 32MB, and the OS uses a portion of that already. You don't have too much to work with, hence you can't fill the game with staff. The UMD could easily have every single player that the PC version has, but it's just not possible to include them all in the game.

This is also the reason why there are no staff in the game - for every staff member added, you would have to drop a player from the database in your game. It's not a sensible trade.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

You can change your line up and formation and buy players. That's it to be honest. All I find myself doing is tapping start, play game, tapping start, play game etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I find myself doing the same, which is why I'd love a more detailed tactical system and in an ideal world, a 2D pitch to enjoy it.

I'd happily accept a loading time if necessary in order to work that in.

Well after playing CM2007 psp i can safely say that this game is far superior.

I went in with an open mind and CM has LOADS of features and that game manages to have many more players (reserve and youth) AND all the correct staff, there are also a lot more teams you can manage.

BUT, the 2d pitch is ridiculously bad, you can't see anything, just a big moving mess.

It's also a bugger to navigate with pressing R, L and square etc in sequences just to do simple tasks.

I'm sure FM can add more features and a 2d pitch but only if they do it well.

CM does have a lot of features and is a lot more in depth, but i'm sure they could have made navigation easier and the game should have been more polished

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimny:

The most important is 2D pitch. If PES6 can do with 3D, I don't think it would be so difficult... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Lol. Mate, a 2D pitch for psp is pushing it, but a 3D pitch is really really really pushing it. and if it did have a 3d pitch it would be basically them same game as LMA Manager. i thing it is fun without it but if the 2D pitch was added i think i would extremely enjoy it.

May have already been posted but...

1. Totals for goals and appearances on the history screen.

2. I have always liked the idea of having a medal list for a player.

3. More international history, highest goalscorer and most caps etc.

4. A link to the favourite person player preference.

5. For the editor to allow change of name and loan status.

6. Reserve or youth team.

7. Staff selection - Asst manager, head coach etc.

8. More financial information and match attendance information.

Let me know if any of this is original?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yeovil Town Fan!:

It would be good if you could search for players favourite clubs and people, because this may help you find players who want to join you, especially when you have a small transfer budget. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have always wanted to have a transfer summary for which ever league you are in.

What I mean is ...

Premiership Transfers In & Out

Arsenal

In

Florent Malouda Lyon 3.9m

Franck Ribery Marseille 8.25m

Out

Thierry Henry Barcelona 18.75m

Justin Hoyte Birmingham 3.5m

Aston Villa

In

Curtis Davies West Brom 5.5m

Jermaine Defoe Tottenham 9m

Out

Aaron Hughes Fulham 2m

Eric Djemba-Djemba Derby 1m

What do you think??

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Let me know if any of this is original? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry too much along those lines - items which are repeatedly promoted by different people tend to get given a little more weight when I'm deciding ... so repeating something doesn't hurt at all.

Thx Darth! Theres a lot to consider for 2008! I am a huge fan of 2007 and thought it was very well improved from the previous one. The International manager feature particularly. I think the editor is great and fairly easy to do once you get the hang of it, this should definately remain but with loan and name modifications and perhaps injuries and bans too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Well after playing CM2007 psp i can safely say that this game is far superior. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i agree in certain ways as well, cm2007 had a huge data base, huge number of leagues and teams, eg english league goes all the way to conference north and south itallian leage has 7 divisions etc, but, however, fmh07 game play is much better, maybe get someone at si to buy cm2007 and then bas the menus/layouts etc on it but keep gameplay the same. almost all the popular comments on here about suggestions etc are all features that are on cm2007!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> May have already been posted but...

1. Totals for goals and appearances on the history screen.

2. I have always liked the idea of having a medal list for a player.

3. More international history, highest goalscorer and most caps etc.

4. A link to the favourite person player preference.

5. For the editor to allow change of name and loan status.

6. Reserve or youth team.

7. Staff selection - Asst manager, head coach etc.

8. More financial information and match attendance information.

Let me know if any of this is original? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just to prove a point everything except number 5 all featue in cm2007!

I agree with a previous post. CM07 seems to have a much larger database of players so I cant see why the FMH cant be extented a little, especially with the more popular European and South American clubs. I think the editor should be a simple in game one which allows you to simply change a players club and possibly saying permanent or loan move. I like the simplicity of the training and tactics etc but whilst i think there is too much interaction with players on CM07, a simple bollocking or praise option on FMH would be good if there are clear concequences afterwards e.g. a player becomes unhappy etc.

How about being able to manage the under-21 international teams? Taking them through the tournaments? Finding and moulding the next lot of international stars? And should you do a good job when the time comes step up to full international manager position.

Like others have said. We need better commentary options. I can only follow the commentary properly no quicker than slow. But matches take ages in that mode. Instead of all those speed modes you could have one commentary speed with different levels of highlights. Full match, extended highlights, key ones and goals should do.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vane:

Like others have said. We need better commentary options. I can only follow the commentary properly no quicker than slow. But matches take ages in that mode. Instead of all those speed modes you could have one commentary speed with different levels of highlights. Full match, extended highlights, key ones and goals should do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If they remove "Very Fast" then I will stop playing it.

Hello Marc,

- It would be great to have differents news paper ( real pages of news paper ).

- More talks before, during and after the match.

- We should be able to talk to players any times with differents topics choices.

- We should be able to negociate the target of position with the Boss in the beginning according the amount allowed for transfert.

- I think it's important in a week to have a summary from all the staffs of the training performance of each player, in order to make a proper choice.

- More and more news and pressure from press.

- we should have more contact with supporters, giving tere point of view of the tactics before a match.

- enough I think so...

Thanks to SI games in advance.

It's not that we want to change the game to CM07 cos if we did we would be spending our time playing that game and joining in their forum. I personally feel that the games are too slow and you can sign players way too easily, but it has good features such as the larger data base, tactic editor and player interaction which I think if some were tweaked and included in FMH 08 would improve an already excellent game.

Archived