Ideas for FMH08

But for a console with such high capabilities in terms of graphics i think that every game needs to be more than just "stats and text". Why not have it in the top alongside the players name and club logo? So clubs have league and club logo, whilst players have player and club photo.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pompey4Europe:

The skins may differ in future versions.

FMH2007's skins allow you to choose between having logos or not. The same principle could possible apply in the future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So where would these new skins display the pictures? On what screens? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just had a quick blast on FMH07 and upon study. I have seen where player pics could go.

ABOVE the stats to the right of the player attibutes is a spare area of space which has nothing on it.

my wishlist for next version...

filter for squad screen (like in the full version)

when i'm selecting my squad, i like to filter, so i can easily see which player i have for each position.

screengrab

The ability to take screenshots so we can post them on forums etc

misc

stadium names

squad numbers

league progress graph

compare players

more options during transfer negotiations

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pompey4Europe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

The skins may differ in future versions.

FMH2007's skins allow you to choose between having logos or not. The same principle could possible apply in the future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So where would these new skins display the pictures? On what screens? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just had a quick blast on FMH07 and upon study. I have seen where player pics could go.

ABOVE the stats to the right of the player attibutes is a spare area of space which has nothing on it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have my own ideas on what should happen to that screen, and there won't be room for a picture if I got my way.

The picture could go on the Information screen I suppose.

Just a few ideas... I'm already extremely pleased with the game, but since you're interested icon_smile.gif

Player trades in transfer negotiations.

Better feedback as to why a player rejects a contract during negotiations.

The ability to offer player a reason for re-negotiating his contract (for eg. cutting team wages to appease the board - if he likes the manager or has a lot of loyalty to the club, likes other players on the squad, etc... he might be willing to take a bigger cut for the team)

When pressing continue, allowing the manager to actually be able to perform actions on the first day of the transfer window rather than on the second or third day (it always happens to me).

Charts that track and show player performance for current season and over the lifetime of the player (available for other players when they are scouted so that you can see if the player is in a slump, or is peaking, etc.)

Charts that track and show player attribute development for this season and over the lifetime of the player - to see the effects of aging, training, etc.

Wine and Dine officials to make sure you get the upper hand in some close calls and for the big games. Adverse effects if word gets out in the media (eg. manager points penalty deduction, player morale reduced, club reputation deduction). If abused too many times it can get you in trouble with the board and lead to sacking and low future job prospects.

Slightly more player feedback with respect to tactics. The game right now will tell you if a player likes to take long shots, but why not have it tell you, for eg., if a player prefers to be in a free role, or insists he takes the free kicks, or feels more comfortable playing in a specific formation, or if a defender would like to make more forward runs, or even who a player's favored personnel are in his current club, etc.

i would like to see player interactions having meetings eg saying they want a new contract or not happy about certain things.

Being able to make sponorship deals to bring in income instead of just by selling players, the sam can be said for gate reciepts and live tv.

forget gimmicks like the 2d pitch,

try and squeeze more chaps into the player database.

(and a current form table)

(and squad numbers and ground names)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EddieBauer:

forget gimmicks like the 2d pitch,

(and a current form table)

(and squad numbers and ground names) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahah, something which is hugely tactically important is described as a "gimmick" while superfluous info like squad numbers and ground names are given importance?

I would like the option of live league table and latest scores added next year.

There's nothing better when your relying on another result than being able to see the scores coming in there and then.

I know the PSP is capable of this feature and is my one disappointment in the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Golden boy:

I think that SI should release FMH08 for DS

I think the stylus would act as an excellent subsitute for a mouse ie with selecting menu options and players

It wouldnt have to have a 2D Pitch but I dont it could support it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While the stylus is perfect for FM, sadly the DS itself is quite pathetic and in no way stands a chance of being able to run a port of the PSP game.

FMHicon_biggrin.gifS would have to be much simpler with a much smaller player database.

i would like to see the database spread over the entire game so when you do the changes they work in all the countries not just the one as this will make it more up to date as you can edit transfers from the top european leagues.

1.Leave training to the assistant manager.

2. compare player

3. fine players.

4. Make it easier to sell players, no one seems interested when I try to sell some good players.

5. Play with Holland (must be lisencing issue).

6. where's the world cup for clubs?

7. Fitness levels should be better (i.e. during asian champ league and world cup).

8. Why are players still unhappy with other players even after the player that caused the problem has been released.

9. Income through gate receipts and tv rights

10. make statements about other players which could influence relationships.

Some good points dutchsteve.

I would also like it to be easier to sell players are even get more bids for your players whether they're available or not and to be paid over the top for players like we have to sometimes to get the player we need.

but it would be too easy if you could sell any player you want for high prices... i mean even now i get 13mil bids for a player who's only worth 3mil, and that is because he's not for sale... which is normal... personally me, i wouldn't like the game to become easier this way

Some more ideas.

1. Coaches with stats to hire

2. Send players to surgery

3. Include favorite team in search option, for the players. People that have your team listed as a favorite should then be lured to your team easier.

4. Include your own nationality, so that fellow national players might be more willing to join your team.

5. Some foreigners should have troubles adapting to lifestyle of different countries.

6. Players with dual nationalities should have choice which country to play for, if they are uncapped.

Are you guys insane that are saying the 2d pitch is just a gimic? I find it easily the best part on the pc version that you actually get to WATCH your players... Ive bought FMH and FMH07 but I'm not so sure if I will be getting FMH08, yes it's a good game and all but I dont think it is value for money and you tire quickly of it.

Scored a 45yard free kick with a re-gen on FM07 icon_eek.gif

Oops sorry I forgot to add this on to the above thread and I can't edit it. Would it acutally be possible to run the 2D pitch on a console like the PSP or not?

I also think that the players with an "é" in their name should come up when you type in and "e" on player search. Basically players with accents in their name come up on the player search when you type the letter without an accent. Thanks alot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zapislo:

would be could if it was possible to go to main menu (where you get to start a new game to load a game and so on) without restarting a game, which takes a bit too long. unless it is possible now and i am just don't know how icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhhh, the typical cheat icon_mad.gif dont worry im not judging you, or am I?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leeds for ever:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zapislo:

would be could if it was possible to go to main menu (where you get to start a new game to load a game and so on) without restarting a game, which takes a bit too long. unless it is possible now and i am just don't know how icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhhh, the typical cheat icon_mad.gif dont worry im not judging you, or am I? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and you are a typical **** that tries to judge others hahaha... well tell me then what kind of ******** is this that if i want to load another game that i play, or change the skin or even start a new game i have to RESTART the the game?

and think before you talk next time asshole

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leeds for ever:

Ahhhh, the typical cheat icon_mad.gif dont worry im not judging you, or am I? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and you are a typical **** that tries to judge others hahaha... well tell me then what kind of ******** is this that if i want to load another game that i play, or change the skin or even start a new game i have to RESTART the the game?

and think before you talk next time asshole </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cut out the abuse please.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/27619697/m/2662067491

What I like to see on FMH 2008

1. Youth academy and development

2. Some Finance management

3. Stadium expansion and tickets pricing

4. More in-depth training

5. Pre-game, half time and post game TALK and news conference

6. More Transfer variety

7. text based match engine with animated pictures like GIF (if 2D is not possible)

Thank you

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gfor890:

pics of stadiums in the background on the match screen would a nice touch to the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not possible due to the stupid amounts of money needed to license those pictures.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gfor890:

pics of stadiums in the background on the match screen would a nice touch to the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not possible due to the stupid amounts of money needed to license those pictures. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

even if the ability was there and then the game players could do it, in some way?

like i said on my fmh site, what about if ur a manager, just got sacked , havent been able to get a job, create a team, take on the free agents, ur the chairman of ur club, u choose a country it goes in , theyll place u in the lowest division and ull replace one team , whos either been in relegation or poor financially

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ligue1marseille:

like i said on my fmh site, what about if ur a manager, just got sacked , havent been able to get a job, create a team, take on the free agents, ur the chairman of ur club, u choose a country it goes in , theyll place u in the lowest division and ull replace one team , whos either been in relegation or poor financially </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's almost 100% unrealistic.

Not possible due to the stupid amounts of money needed to license those pictures. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMA MANAGER from codemasters do it and FM is a bigger game.

and think before you talk next time asshole </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cut out the abuse please.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/27619697/m/2662067491 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just read his comment... thanks ackter and kind of a joke zapislo but i dont think i need to judge you now...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MarkTCfc:

LMA MANAGER from codemasters do it and FM is a bigger game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Codemasters are considerably larger than SI, and even with SEGA's money backing them SI are unlikely to splash out on superfluous pictures.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MarkTCfc:

The amount it costs SI to buy the rights to manager/club names having an endorsed stadium pic isnt a much bigger step up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Having real stadium pics for all teams in the game even in active leagues is a real minefield (we used to do it old timers might remember) - simply put legally speaking things changed to make this more challenging to do (not least because the architects who designed the stadium now have to be considered amongst other things .... licencing is a very complex area).

How about a thing where you are placed in different scenarios like you are in the relegaton zone with a certain amount of games left and you have to make it out or you are fourth in the table and 10 points from top and you have to win the league or something like that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chuz:

The Problem: I think the Sugar daddy unlockable is far too easy to unlock and seems to me like the kind of super unlockable that you would get in another game upon completing the 'story mode' to add to replayability. This is because it basically enables the player to buy any (and any number of) players that they want, hence being able to form a kind of super/favourites team to play with; a team that should annihilate any other in the league.

The Solution: this is something i would very much like to see implemented in FMH08- the challenge of winning ALL trophies on the game, with those won viewable from the main menu. Upon completing this, sugar daddy is enabled so you can build your dream team.

The Reasons: The sugar daddy option is (as i said) unlocked far too easily and should really only be unlocked to extend the games life, to make people want to play it again after achieving everything possible with their favourite team. It should essentially be there only for replayability. My new proposed method to unlock this means players have something to aim for; to try and achieve. It gives everyone a reason to play those other leagues that they perhaps currently dont really have any interest in. Personally i have played the game til my hands are red and raw, yet ive only managed 3 teams in 2 nations, as well as one national team. I felt that sugar daddy was an irresistible temptation even when i didnt want to use it, and upon enabling it the challenge was no longer there.

The game would benefit enormously from this new feature. Everyone would have a major target to aim for, essentially 'clocking' the game, whilst unlocking a feature that encourages them to build up their World All Stars team and keep playing even longer. Prematurely unlocking such bonuses and never getting any nearer to 'completion' is a real drawback, but this is in my opinion a worthy solution. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because sugar daddy is unlocked at a cetain amount of manager points it should be unlocked after 15 seasons and maybe make the 30 season limit smaller perhaps 25?

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Because sugar daddy is unlocked at a cetain amount of manager points it should be unlocked after 15 seasons and maybe make the 30 season limit smaller perhaps 25? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We won't ever be limiting the number of seasons more than we are required to for technical reasons ...

If you really want to limit yourself to 25 seasons you are more than welcome to retire at this point (ditto any other house rules you want to place upon yourself to make things harder - for instance I tend to only purchase players my scouts recommend because I know the database fairly intimately and so consider purchasing players I know will be good as cheating etc.).

Archived