** Tylerbode's Head start on FM10 **

Used Makelele's tweaked version of the Piranha for 1 season with Blackburn Rovers.

Finished 5th which i was happy with:

Played- 38

Won- 22

Drawn- 8

Lost-8

For- 56

Against-33

Problems were i couldn't get my strikers to score much, i had Bangoura, Roque Santa Cruz and Lewandowski as my strikers (Strikers may not be good enough but they match the stats in the OP), Roque and Bangoura only scored 25 goals between them.

I like the defensive base the tactic has but from an offensive point of view i've been struggling.

I made a tweak during the season when i had a few draws by letting one of the strikers have mixed or often forward runs, it made a slight improvement but still my strikers weren't scoring enough.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Used Makelele's tweaked version of the Piranha for 1 season with Blackburn Rovers.

Finished 5th which i was happy with:

Played- 38

Won- 22

Drawn- 8

Lost-8

For- 56

Against-33

Problems were i couldn't get my strikers to score much, i had Bangoura, Roque Santa Cruz and Lewandowski as my strikers (Strikers may not be good enough but they match the stats in the OP), Roque and Bangoura only scored 25 goals between them.

I like the defensive base the tactic has but from an offensive point of view i've been struggling.

I made a tweak during the season when i had a few draws by letting one of the strikers have mixed or often forward runs, it made a slight improvement but still my strikers weren't scoring enough.

If this was your first season, it was an awesome achievement. 5th position with Rovers is very good hence to the strikingforce that they have. Stick with it and perhaps buy a new striker....than you could go for a CL-Spot.

What i have learned that gelling is one of the key points to this game.

i also use makele's tactic but i've made the following tweaks to the free role of the striker and stopped swopping positions with the wingers that is it.

try this i bet it works great for you

what is your D-Line?

i also use makele's tactic but i've made the following tweaks to the free role of the striker and stopped swopping positions with the wingers that is it.

try this i bet it works great for you

I use the same :D but if my wings could play both sides I would allow them to swap to.

but vs harder teams and weather I also lower D-line to 11 but normally 20 works well.

what is your D-Line?

i normally just leave it the same never really though about changing it as england manager i just beat romania 5-0 i think they only had 2/3 shots

works great defencively this tactic

in another game i was 3-0 up against arsenal inside 10 minutes 3-2 in the end though

Hi Lads,

Ive been off FM09 for a while, used to play with sexy football home and control away

but i noticed most people has now switched into Tyler or the Makelele tweacked tactics...

Could you pls explain the main difference between PIRANHA V6 and EAGLE ? Or How about the makelele real madrid or Ron crystal palace ones ?

What to use home and away etc?

Pls advise ...

I'm using your eagle tactic and so far its quite good with Middlesbrough in the championship. However, my strikers just never score. Mido has like 2 goals in 10 matches and Afonso Alves has no goals in like 5 matches. What can I do to make them score?

According to the Makelele tactic, here is what i do:

I have swapping: The two strikers and The two central midfielders.

Free role on the left striker.

I have a tall/fast combination.

At home (usuallay), leave it like it is.

At away and vs strong teams: untick officetrap and tick counter attack. D-line 15-17.

this has resulted in Champions with Rosenborg BK in Norwegian Tippeliga, Euro-champs, and a loss in supercup. Now i have a draw vs Milan in my start in Champions League.

So i would say that it works......

I'm now using V6 Tactic and I wonder that...

- Do I have to mark TargetMan or Playmaker

- Can I put Midfield that have NO defence like Dzakoev

- About the forward position,do i have to put 2 fast striker like Aguero-Bojan,or one fast and one big

Thx,Sir!

Just finished my first season using the TB-V6-Piranha-Final tactic and had very good results. I started a new game with Man City and won the EPL, League, and FA Cup. The only disappointment was losing to Spartak Moscow in the Euro Cup 2nd KO round. Results were very consistent throughout the season, both home and away, a lot of 2-0 and 3-1 wins. When I did suffer a loss it was either a 6-5 score, defense optional type game...or their Keeper was MoM with a 9 or 10 rating.

This tactic is very good away and at neutral grounds. As the season wore on, it works equally well at home. The team talk guide was clutch, as I was able to overturn quite a few HT deficits. Having your tallest players or best jumper challenge the Keeper on corners seems like a no-brainer, but this tactic produced a lot of goals from corners. Richard Dunne scored 14 in all comps, all from CK's. It also produced a lot of spectacular long range efforts that had me cheering. Below are the season stats and pertinent info.

26 wins, 7 draws, 5 losses, 69 GF, 26 GA

Starting Lineup

==========

Robinho - Vagner Love

Albin/Vicente - Moutinho - Ireland - SWP

Bridge - Jagielka - Dunne - Richards

Given

If you have any questions just hollar.

I'm now using V6 Tactic and I wonder that...

- Do I have to mark TargetMan or Playmaker

- Can I put Midfield that have NO defence like Dzakoev

- About the forward position,do i have to put 2 fast striker like Aguero-Bojan,or one fast and one big

Thx,Sir!

If you follow the tactical overview from the original post you won't go wrong. It lists the important stats required of each position to get the most from the tactic. Good luck.

Hi everyone!

First of all I want to congratulate Tylerbode for this magnificent tactic (Piranha v6). However, at the moment, I'm using Makelele's tweaked version. For my experience, I can say that the tactic is absolutely fantastic. Most of the times I dominate the games and score a lot of goals. As I said this happen most of the times. Sometimes, when I play formations like 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 5-3-2 and so on I struggle to get a win. Sometimes I win the game but its because of the quality of my squad. As a rule I get dominated when I play against such formations. I already tried to get more defensive, asking the fullbacks to stay back and not to run with the ball, once most of the chances created by such tactics came from the wings. My question is, anyone else have this problem? And if so, how do you sove it?

Cheers

Hi everyone!

First of all I want to congratulate Tylerbode for this magnificent tactic (Piranha v6). However, at the moment, I'm using Makelele's tweaked version. For my experience, I can say that the tactic is absolutely fantastic. Most of the times I dominate the games and score a lot of goals. As I said this happen most of the times. Sometimes, when I play formations like 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 5-3-2 and so on I struggle to get a win. Sometimes I win the game but its because of the quality of my squad. As a rule I get dominated when I play against such formations. I already tried to get more defensive, asking the fullbacks to stay back and not to run with the ball, once most of the chances created by such tactics came from the wings. My question is, anyone else have this problem? And if so, how do you sove it?

Cheers

I do experience something like that when i use makeleles tactict. But i do the following:

-untick offside and tick counter

- d-line 16

thats about it and it usually helps.

I do experience something like that when i use makeleles tactict. But i do the following:

-untick offside and tick counter

- d-line 16

thats about it and it usually helps.

Thanks for the fast reply mokiman. I tend to lower the d-line to 11 and untick offside. Maybe I lower the d-line too much. I'll try your tweak and see how it goes.

Thanks for the fast reply mokiman. I tend to lower the d-line to 11 and untick offside. Maybe I lower the d-line too much. I'll try your tweak and see how it goes.

Well, it works for me.

Putting the D-line even lower could cause problems in my experience.

And i never change the personal instructions. One of the keys to sucseed is to have the wingers cut in and fullbacks to overlap.

Well, it works for me.

Putting the D-line even lower could cause problems in my experience.

And i never change the personal instructions. One of the keys to sucseed is to have the wingers cut in and fullbacks to overlap.

I concluded the same. Lowering too much the d-line will cause a big gap between the defence anthe midfield. When I put d-line 11 I loose possetion and, as a consequence, the control of the game. I agree with you when you say that one of the keys to succeed is to have the wingers cutting in and the fullbacks overlaping. However, as I said before, when you play against such tactical systems (mainly away from home) the AI wingers get your fullback back and create a chance in the counter attack... That's why I try to put FW and RWB to rarely. I realise that this is not the right thing to do, once your midfield loose possetion too quickly because they don't have a passing option, once the AI have one more man in the midfield... I'll try your tweak when I get home and I'll see how it goes. I'll give my feedback once I get a few games against such formations, and if I came up with something more I'll post.

Cheers

what do you guys recommend if the assistant is saying that "we are misplacing too many easy passing"?

using Makelele Tactic. with D-Line 11, no offside trap.

That can mean any number of different things, and is certainly context dependent. Also, it is quite safe to never look at the AssMan feedback at all. Watch the match yourself and if satisfied, it doesn't matter what anyone says!

Some of the things the above feedback could mean:

The other team is pressing you hard

Your tempo is a little too slow and you're being forced to make risky passes

Your team has rubbish passing

You are playing too wide

You are playing too quickly (for your skill level)

Like I said, it can mean any number of things.

what do you guys recommend if the assistant is saying that "we are misplacing too many easy passing"?

using Makelele Tactic. with D-Line 11, no offside trap.

It means that you need to lower your tempo a few notches. Check again after 15 minutes and see what he says then. If it still says that then you need to lower it a further couple of notches.

Makalele' date=' link your tatic plz?? thx

I use the tactic in the 3 Division of ternana italia vai will work?[/quote']

http://files.filefront.com/Real+sweeper+R+Madrid+Se9tac/;13902003;/fileinfo.html

I'm currently using it with KSK Hasselt in the Belgian third division. It works a treat. I'm dominating the league and I've kicked out 2 Jupiler Pro League (highest division) teams in the cup.

http://files.filefront.com/Real+sweeper+R+Madrid+Se9tac/;13902003;/fileinfo.html

I'm currently using it with KSK Hasselt in the Belgian third division. It works a treat. I'm dominating the league and I've kicked out 2 Jupiler Pro League (highest division) teams in the cup.

hello Makalele. I have tried your version of the tactic since the first time you anounced it in this thread. I had good success with it but I must admit that in 2 diferent saves with diferent teams and leagues the Sleepydude version of the tactic (in fact I believe he used your version to create a further one) is more solid, especially when playing away. Please don´t feel ofended, I love yours but I love even more the other;)

I think you should take a look to it because it could give you an idea of another owrking variant tactic.

In fact I use he´s usually and when it is not working I switch to your´s and it usually does the trick since the base is the same with a few changes. For example, he used a def. line of 16 (I believe) while your´s is up all the way.

Sleepydude tactic is also mentioned in this endless thread and besides another happy camper (besides me) I´m very surprised not to see more positive feedback on this glorious and solid tactic. I have tried many diferent tactics, including all the Piranha variants and unusual tactics like the 5 midfielders and no strikers, but I keep coming back to Sleepydude tactic and Makalele for backup.

Great, great tactics! Thank you for making the game more enjoyable.

Just for the record.... in my previous save with Man city with Makalele tactic I have won 2CL, 3 championships, 3 FA cups and 3 league cup in 3 seasons.

Then I started using Sleepydude´s tactic and in 4 seasons, I have won absolutely everything available in every season, including a world cup (my first) with not a stellar Englsih side (many injuries and best players getting old).

Now I have started a new game with Sporting CP in Portugal. I didn´t buy anyone and I just beat Real Madrid in the CL (in the group stage) 1-0 Home and drawn 2-2 Away. Not bad considering the players I have in just half a season played. Still getting used to the team after Man city;)

Hi everyone.

Some posts before I state a problem that some of you may experience sometimes (I think). It's about when you play agains formations that have more man then you in the midfield, like 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-5-1, etc... I asked if someone have any tip that can solve this problem, because whem I play against such formations I get dominated in the midfield and their winger get my fullbacks back and create a chance for them... Like I said earlier I tried to solve this putting RWB and FW to rarely in my fullbak, unticking the offside trap and lowering the d-line. However this doesn't solve my problem. mokiman suggested me to lower the d-line to 16, untick the offside trap and tick counter attack... Although my teams performe inprove a bit this doesn't solve my problem as well... I was desperating... So about 15 minutes ago I was getting started to play agains Porto in Portuguese League. I have a very good team (by the way I play as S.L. Benfica) and I expect a win. I know that they play with a 4-2-3-1 formation, and their attack is very fast. So I think that I will be in trouble... As I have the advntage of playing at home and if I loose I will still be in 1st place of the league table I decided to make an experience. So I think a bit of what can I do counter them. Well, I know that one of my problems was the midfield... So I pick the makelele tactic and drag the left forward to the midfield. However I didn't change the individual instructions. I think this would solve the midfield problem. But what about the attack. As they have 3 man in the midfield if I drag the winger I will have 3 man in the midfield as well. So I darg the winger to wide forward positions. I think that this could do the trick. I started the game dominating the midfield and scored in minute 4. After that they start attacking more. Again their chances were most created by the wingers. So I tick tight marking in my fullbacks. After that I dominated the whole match and beat them 5-0!!!!!!! I don't know if this changes will solve my problem because I only played one game. I will continue play with this teaks agains such formations and see how It goes. But I got so excited about this result that I decided to post.

Here are some pictures of the game:

http://img196.imageshack.us/i/fm1h.jpg/

http://img13.imageshack.us/i/fm2i.jpg/

http://img9.imageshack.us/i/fm3x.jpg/

And the canges in tactic:

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6232/fm4.jpg

I'm so torn on this tactic. I started as Notts County in League 2 and I'm now in my 4th season. I finally got them promoted in 3rd spot last season and am, surprise, struggling in league 1. I've implemented the tyler training from day one and have slowly added players that fit all of the recommended stats in the OP (stats of 12 or higher in each required area for the lower league) but I'm still have major inconsistancies with performance.

I generally use Eagle for away and V6 for home and that seems to work best for me but still have a lot of very worrying inconsistant performances. Help anyone?

I've also tried the Makalele tactic too but not much sucess and it randomly switches my rw and lw players during a match which is really frustrating.

I have out and out 'right' and 'left' wingers in my team, and neither can play on the opposite flank so I simply took off the individual swap position instruction, the tactic seems to work just as well imo.

I have out and out 'right' and 'left' wingers in my team, and neither can play on the opposite flank so I simply took off the individual swap position instruction, the tactic seems to work just as well imo.

Aahh...that makes sense. I didn't realize that it was set on 'switch position'. I'll try it again.

Iv been using the makalele tactic without wingers swapping positions, no striker free role, strikers not swapping position and forward runs to mixed rather than rarely. I have found that this works well most times at home however fails me away from home for which i have decided to use tylers eagle tactic unedited which has slightly more success but leave me in for tight games.

Is anyone still using any of the old tactics with more success or any tips for what might help me to imrpove further

Yeah, I'm trying it on Sweden, i can say the result is same as the club level.

By the way i have uploaded the version i am using.changed things on makalele's tactic.

-No winger swapping

-No offside trap

-No freerole on striker

-Changed D-Line

You can try this one too if you want.Here is the link ;

http://rapidshare.com/files/264858675/ManUtdTweakedRudeBoy__Man_Utd__Jan_2015_.tac

I've been using the v6 tactic on the 9.0.2 patch with west ham and it has been avergae at home and really poor away. I just don't seem to get many, if any shots on goal. I have been using all my players with the best attributes as listed by Tyler. Anyone got any advice??