** Tylerbode's Head start on FM10 **

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Makele,

excellent tactic. Just made UEFA CL group stage with Galway United from the League of Ireland in my second season (2009).. no cheating either.I now have to face Olympique Lyon, Olympiakos, and...Barcelona lol If I even draw with any of those teams this will be the greatest tactic ever.Thanks.

Makele,

excellent tactic. Just made UEFA CL group stage with Galway United from the League of Ireland in my second season (2009).. no cheating either.I now have to face Olympique Lyon, Olympiakos, and...Barcelona lol If I even draw with any of those teams this will be the greatest tactic ever.Thanks.

have you edited the tactic at all?

any OIs?

have you edited the tactic at all?

any OIs?

nope and no OI's. Ive just plugged it in and used Tylerbodes guidelines for pregame n halftime talks. occasionally ill slow the tempo down and make it more defensive, but thats about it.

I have good(for my league) strikers (George Weah Junior, David Hutton, Ola Kamara), a beastly MC (Iain Vigurs), fast wingers with good acceleration, defenders with good jumping/heading, and a great goalie (Tom Heaton from Man Utd reserves)

Makalele, what tactic u use for away games ? I notice u push up the DL so high, so it won't suitable if ur defenders not quick enough ? Pls correct me if i am wrong as the original tactic is more for all level ( DL not push up so high and no offside ticked ).

Anyway, good achievement

Hi Lads,

Ive been off FM09 for a while, used to play with sexy football home and control away

but i noticed most people has now switched into Tyler tactics...

Could you pls explain the main difference between PIRANHA V6 and EAGLE ?

What to use home and away etc?

Cheers

Makalele, what tactic u use for away games ? I notice u push up the DL so high, so it won't suitable if ur defenders not quick enough ? Pls correct me if i am wrong as the original tactic is more for all level ( DL not push up so high and no offside ticked ).

Anyway, good achievement

I don't change anything. The only time I'll consider changing the DL is when my scout says the opponent plays on a long pitch.

I have no problems playing away with such a high DLine.

Goodness.

Started using this in S6 with Aberdeen. Had approx 20 games 'bedding in' but i've now won 10 games on the bounce without conceding a goal.

Only lost once all season.

However, the intracies of the Scottish League, where either Rantic or Celgers win their first 20 games every season, means i'm not topping the table.

Lovely football too, lots of triangles.

I do like this.

Makalele, your tactic seems suitable for greater teams. The only thing what I criticise is that the wingers don't look for pass rather than score when cutting inside the opposition area. They run with the ball well and beat many defenders but prefer shotting instead of passing. If they pass, the team will make more goals. I let the wingers cross often but this was not effective. Do you have any alternative tactic for this problem?

Makalele, your tactic seems suitable for greater teams. The only thing what I criticise is that the wingers don't look for pass rather than score when cutting inside the opposition area. They run with the ball well and beat many defenders but prefer shotting instead of passing. If they pass, the team will make more goals. I let the wingers cross often but this was not effective. Do you have any alternative tactic for this problem?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think that this is a known issue. It doesn't matter what tactic I use, but wingers easily cut inside and go for goal (and often score as well).

Tks Makalele. how about ur DC's ? are they quick ?

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Yeah, i would say it works better with big teams as it uses a high defensive line so you need fast defenders imo or at least 1 who can cover the other. When it works though, its great. I signed David Villa in January and in 12 league appearances he scored 20 goals, overall he scored 26 goals in 19 appearances

Ive been using makeleles tweaked version for a couple of seasons with great success, however recently Ive been struggling to score enough goals despite having 25 - 30 shots per game. Ive never had my strikers score as many as others using it but they all had pretty good ratios. Has anyone else had this problem? and if so what did you do to change it?

Also ive now got Ronaldo playing on the right wing and I dont think its getting the best out of him, has anyone else got him in this formation? If so has he performed ok for you or have you made some small changes? Ive tried a few things but still cant make him the Ronaldo of real life.

In another thread I read that some people had retrained Ronaldo as an FC and were getting great results, you could try that. Or move your ML and MR to the AML and AMR positions, give Ronaldo a free role with crossing and through balls to mixed.

Makalele, I'm having success with PSV, but all the goals I am conceding are from through balls over the top, is increasingly frustrating, attacking wise, we are brilliant. But the defensive line is really annoying, so is their anything that you can do or is that the way the tactic work.

also I am using it currently with no OIs? any advise regarding OIs?

thanks for the tactic though really good. Florin Bratu is brilliant upfront ;)

Makalele, I'm having success with PSV, but all the goals I am conceding are from through balls over the top, is increasingly frustrating, attacking wise, we are brilliant. But the defensive line is really annoying, so is their anything that you can do or is that the way the tactic work.

also I am using it currently with no OIs? any advise regarding OIs?

thanks for the tactic though really good. Florin Bratu is brilliant upfront ;)

When I find that the opposition plays too many passes over the top, I lower my DLine to 11 and untick offside trap.

That seems to fix it.

My guess is that those teams are playing on longish pitches?

You can use it perfectly without OI

When I find that the opposition plays too many passes over the top, I lower my DLine to 11 and untick offside trap.

That seems to fix it.

My guess is that those teams are playing on longish pitches?

You can use it perfectly without OI

okey thank you, but deosn't that lose the effect of controlling the opposition? or deosn't the D-line effect it?

okey thank you, but deosn't that lose the effect of controlling the opposition? or deosn't the D-line effect it?

Well, I only alter my dline to 11 when I'm getting balls over the top AND when I know the opposition is equal to or better than me. I find this somewhat of a 'safety issue'.

I really don't care bout the weaker teams. Because I will run them into the ground.

Well, I only alter my dline to 11 when I'm getting balls over the top AND when I know the opposition is equal to or better than me. I find this somewhat of a 'safety issue'.

I really don't care bout the weaker teams. Because I will run them into the ground.

I am PSV and I won the league first season :thup:, so I have brought some great players, but all the goals I concede are from Balls over the top. So I have put the D-line to 11 and taken of the Offside trap. DO you reckon I can use this against all teams?:confused:

I am PSV and I won the league first season :thup:, so I have brought some great players, but all the goals I concede are from Balls over the top. So I have put the D-line to 11 and taken of the Offside trap. DO you reckon I can use this against all teams?:confused:

I do, but I'm a lower league side with slow DCs. I'm sure Maka will have his own answer, but I suggest this:

Common sense:

Rain = Balls over the top 'sit' and are easier to run onto

Slow DCs = Through balls will kill a high Dline

Big Pitch = More room for balls over the top

Adjust accordingly as with any other tactic.

regarding strikers not scoring many.I lowered their long shots to rarely, ticked the swap with box and obv swap one striker with the other and also dropped the time wasting in team instructions as i felt having strikers with hold up ball ticked and medium time wasting they wouldnt create many chances for themselves.

hi guys having huge success in Holland with PSV.

I have made 2 tweaks to makelele's tactic.

take of free role on Striker.

lower D-Line to 11.

with these my team play brilliantly. just drew with Liverpool 2-2. and currently 1st in league.

i'm also using makelele's tactic and the tweaks i've made are took swop position off wingers and took free role off striker.

Works awesome.

mmm I may take of swapping positions with winger too.

MAelele, what is the the advantage of swapping wingers?

also may PSV save is goinbg amazing, I'm now signing Fautro Rossi!:thup:

it's good in some ways if you have players that can play both wings but i don't so thats why i can't do example

julian furbert plays on the right and if he's swaping over to the left then he's gonna be not effective on that side

it's good in some ways if you have players that can play both wings but i don't so thats why i can't do example

julian furbert plays on the right and if he's swaping over to the left then he's gonna be not effective on that side

ow right okeyy, but deos swapping positions make any difference?

Makelele i don't know how u scored so many goals with your team.. I played 10 games with ur tweaked tactic with arsenal and i'm barely averaging 1 goal a game, although defensively it's very solid. Only thing i can think of is that i don't have the right strikers as i'm using van persie and adebayor.

i finished 10th with v6 piranha and i am west brom rate my team

gk.carson,begovic

dr.david,ansaldi

dl,christian fernandez, mattock

dc.beevers,olsson,pichu atienza,ivanov

mr.kalouda,krivets

ml.payet,elia

mc.kovac,enoh,valero,tales

st.gomis,alfonso alves,miller,bratu

plz rate my team and tell me where im going wrong and write

thanks

i finished 10th with v6 piranha and i am west brom rate my team

gk.carson,begovic

dr.david,ansaldi

dl,christian fernandez, mattock

dc.beevers,olsson,pichu atienza,ivanov

mr.kalouda,krivets

ml.payet,brunt

mc.kovac,enoh,valero,tales

st.gomis,alfonso alves,miller,bratu

plz rate my team and tell me where im going wrong and write

thanks

well done mate, your team looks solid :thup:

---------------

Makelele tactic is qaulity!

PSV.

qaulified 1st place in CL group. against Liverpool, Stuggart and Mettalist. :thup:

1st in league, currently.

Got offered jobs by Galertasalry and Fernerbache. :D, but rejected, looking for a job in Italy if it comes along.

Used makalele tactic in my 4th season as city and i won the quadruple however i must admit that the CL final and FA cup final where close matches with both sides getting chances only our finishing was better. Both played vs manchester untited. I got over 100 points in the league and chelshea came close in the end but the difference was 5 points with them.

hi guys having huge success in Holland with PSV.

I have made 2 tweaks to makelele's tactic.

take of free role on Striker.

lower D-Line to 11.

with these my team play brilliantly. just drew with Liverpool 2-2. and currently 1st in league.

what about swapping, do you still have them on?

I tired Makelele's tweaked version for 10 games

Arsenal 2011/12

GK: René Adler

DL: Gabriel Milito / Federico Balzaretti

DR: Lassana Diarra

DC: Federico Fazio

DC: Martín Demichelis

ML: Sami Nasri / Juan Manuel Vargas

MR: Samuel Mensah(regen) / Theo Walcott

MC: Cesc Fabregas

MC: Kaká / Miguel Veloso

FC: Vagner Love / Rinaldo Martini(regen)

FC: Sergio Agüero

Portsmouth 1-1 - 9 Shots on goal - 0 Goals from strikers

Chelsea 0-0 - 7 Shots on goal

MK Dons 5-1 - 18 Shots on goal - 2 Goals from strikers

Man City 2-0 - 9 Shots on goal - 0 Goals from strikers

Portsmouth 3-0 - 8 Shots on goal - 2 Goals from strikers

Man City 4-0 - 8 Shots on goal - 2 Goals from strikers

Blackburn 2-0 - 8 Shots on goal - 0 Goals from strikers

Aston Villa 3-0 - 8 Shots on goal - 2 Goals from strikers

Wigan 3-0 - 16 Shots on goal - 2 Goals from strikers

Middlesbrough 3-0 - 7 Shots on goal - 1 Goals from strikers

Goals total: 26

Shots on goal total: 98

Goals from strikers total: 11

~3.8 Shots per goal

2.6 Goals per match

I kinda expected more goals from my strikers :( otherwise awesome tweak of the tactic, the defense is rock solid!