9.3.0 F.A.Q - Problems? Please check here.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh sorry, I meant to answer you.

Can you try something for me?

Do you play in windowed mode? If not go into windowed mode through preferences (check text) and in there resize the window, see if it makes any difference, just click on the bottom right edge and move size the window that way.

I'm not sure what's causing this but if this sorts it out it may give us something to go on.

I have the exact same problem and I tested what you said.

As you resize the window it goes back to normal for a split second then almost seems to zoom in and go fuzzy again.

As you resize the window it goes back to normal for a split second then almost seems to zoom in and go fuzzy again.

Odd.

Okay I will have to bring this up to someone else as I'm not sure what's happening there.

I have a slight problem the skin seems to have changed I updated through Steam.

I loaded the skin from the Fm08 version and that works.

Here is a screenshot of the Fm09 skin

JVnosTong.jpg

Can something be done about that? Its fine playing it with the 08 version aswell tho, so its just a slight problem.

using steam...downloaded wsm patch...open game and screen freezes on the status screen...cursor still moves, but I can't advance to a new screen...all that shows is the power usage graph...which is new, right? I don't recall seeing that in 9.2. Anyways, is anyone else experiencing anything similar? Is this a Steam problem or an SI/patch problem? Thanks...dcc

update new patch downloaded direct from steam............I then used editor to do a few minor tweaks...extra cash for man c/fergie back to aberdeen as manager/nothing major at all (no extra clubs created...or changed any leagues etc)............

when I start a new game I selected my new db and it causes almost instant crash dump??????????????????????????

However if I select the 9.3.0. patch without the pre-game edit that loads???????????

aren't you allowed to use the editor with the new patch..

can someone please assist

cheers

using steam...downloaded wsm patch...open game and screen freezes on the status screen...cursor still moves, but I can't advance to a new screen...all that shows is the power usage graph...which is new, right? I don't recall seeing that in 9.2. Anyways, is anyone else experiencing anything similar? Is this a Steam problem or an SI/patch problem? Thanks...dcc

It's not a problem it's a feature ;)

Again activation people make sure you download the correct patch for your version of the game - it's seperate for Steam bought, store bought and otherwise downloaded (eg, eSellerate) - if you install the wrong one you may have to reinstall the game to get it working again.

Andy, if you browse to the download folder for BT (should be in 'options' or 'preferences' inside BT) you can then run the downloaded patch file :)

One last question, apologies if I've already asked this :D

Are you playing in full-screen windowed mode? I found that this was the main cause of the problem for me.

No problem ahmufcwafc, yes I play full-screen window mode. :thup:

Oh sorry, I meant to answer you.

Can you try something for me?

Do you play in windowed mode? If not go into windowed mode through preferences (check text) and in there resize the window, see if it makes any difference, just click on the bottom right edge and move size the window that way.

I'm not sure what's causing this but if this sorts it out it may give us something to go on.

Tried what you suggested, still has no effect on the fuzzy text. It did for a split second go back to normal clear text but instantly zoomed in and went fuzzy again. :(

Nice to know it isn't just me with the problem, thought I was the only one. :(

No problem ahmufcwafc, yes I play full-screen window mode. :thup:

Tried what you suggested, still has no effect on the fuzzy text. It did for a split second go back to normal clear text but instantly zoomed in and went fuzzy again. :(

Nice to know it isn't just me with the problem, thought I was the only one. :(

Have you tried changing the resolution on your monitor?

Yep, had no effect. :(

Try this HoPeY?

Other XML Errors

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Delete the following folder:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

This may solve some issues regarding the XML Errors

You never know!

Hello I've got an in-game issue with the patch. The text for my game has turned white and it makes it hard to see it. Do you know how I can get the text back to black?.(Ive tried reloading the skin but this hasnt worked)

Thanks

I have a slight problem the skin seems to have changed I updated through Steam.

I loaded the skin from the Fm08 version and that works.

Here is a screenshot of the Fm09 skin

JVnosTong.jpg

Can something be done about that? Its fine playing it with the 08 version aswell tho, so its just a slight problem.

Hi there, did you try deleting your skin cashe?

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Go Into the “Football Manager 09” Folder.

5. Delete the "Cache" folder inside.

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Go into the “Football Manager 09” Folder.

6. Delete the "Cache" Folder inside.

Mac OSX

1. Open Finder.

2. Select <User>

3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive

4. Delete the the "Sports Interactive” Folder.

5. In the Library folder find the folder called "Preferences"

6. Delete the "Sports Interactive" Folder.

Also in game go into:

preferences -> display & sound

then tick "always reload skin on confirm"

And tick confirm.

See if that helps you.

• SI Staff
update new patch downloaded direct from steam............I then used editor to do a few minor tweaks...extra cash for man c/fergie back to aberdeen as manager/nothing major at all (no extra clubs created...or changed any leagues etc)............

when I start a new game I selected my new db and it causes almost instant crash dump??????????????????????????

However if I select the 9.3.0. patch without the pre-game edit that loads???????????

aren't you allowed to use the editor with the new patch..

can someone please assist

cheers

Hey man could you give us the exact changes you made to the DB so we can see if this has caused the problem.

It would also be helpful if you could upload the DB to the FTP so we can take a look and see what the problem is. Information on how to upload to the FTP can be found here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=54927

Cheers

Thanks Steve that worked :D

Glad it did!

For anyone having problems with being asked for codes again could you please try following the steps on this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715

It's a problem with soft anchor which was happening previously and this was the fix they gave us.

If you're still having problems after this let me know in here.

Cheers.

I clicked "Game Status"

But it was a blank page :|:|

What's the matter?

Same here. I updated to 9.3.0 by Steam and once have a glance at the updated Game Status screen (I can see the PC config info and the new line graph). However, when I exit the game and fresh start again, the Game Status screen suddenly all gone.

Please help.

9.3.0 seems to have made all my text fuzzy/distorted? Text Fuzzy

Was fine on 9.1.0 and 9.2.0.

Hi HoPeY

Could you boot up your game, grab a screenshot (PNG would be great) and then post it here or upload it to our FTP and let me know what it's called please?

Graphics guys are going to take a look at it.

FTP details:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=54927

Same here. I updated to 9.3.0 by Steam and once have a glance at the updated Game Status screen (I can see the PC config info and the new line graph). However, when I exit the game and fresh start again, the Game Status screen suddenly all gone.

Please help.

Please try deleting your caches

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Go Into the “Football Manager 09” Folder.

5. Delete the "Cache" folder inside.

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Go into the “Football Manager 09” Folder.

6. Delete the "Cache" Folder inside.

Mac OSX

1. Open Finder.

2. Select <User>

3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive

4. Delete the the "Sports Interactive” Folder.

5. In the Library folder find the folder called "Preferences"

6. Delete the "Sports Interactive" Folder.

Then go into: preferences -> Display and Sound

and select "always reload skin on confirm" then click on confirm.

See if that sorts it out for you.

I clicked "Game Status"

But it was a blank page :|:|

What's the matter?

Please try deleting your caches

Then go into: preferences -> Display and Sound

and select "always reload skin on confirm" then click on confirm.

See if that sorts it out for you.

Well.. no luck. Still show nothing in the Game Status screen.

I have a weird problem.. downloaded the patch (via torrent).. when i run it, it works fine for a while, but after processing first 99 files, thats what it tell me

messaggio.png

w897.png

Couple of questions.

1: What is the size of the file for your patch? If you right click it and choose preferences it will tell you.

2: Are you installing on an 'administratior' or normal user? If you're a normal user you may need to be an admin but that shouldn't stop the patch at that point.

3: Restart your machine, try to run the patcher again.

Couple of questions.

1: What is the size of the file for your patch? If you right click it and choose preferences it will tell you.

2: Are you installing on an 'administratior' or normal user? If you're a normal user you may need to be an admin but that shouldn't stop the patch at that point.

3: Restart your machine, try to run the patcher again.

1. 233 MB (245.028.358 bytes)

2. im the only user, and the only account on my pc has administrator privilege

3. already done before writing here, i have not explained all because my english is poor, but i called it a "weird" thing because it happens after patching correctly a good amount of files.

Hi HoPeY

Could you boot up your game, grab a screenshot (PNG would be great) and then post it here or upload it to our FTP and let me know what it's called please?

FTP details:

hi steve

ive got the same problem with the fuzzy text, im running the new patch and have tried everything recommened on here with no result.

my resolution is 1680x1050, im running xp and have a Radeon x1950 PRO graphics card.

heres a screen print of the problem, it seems the text on the left hand side of the screen is fuzzy and the text on the right hand side is fine.

fuzzytext.th.png

thanks

Hi HoPeY

FTP details:

I have some for you.

In the one below its the standard windowed size and pretty much all the txt is slightly blured almost like its zoomed in and shouldnt be.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/Soul-Reaper/fmblur.jpg

In this one I made it as small as possible and some of the txt became clear again but some of it still isnt.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/Soul-Reaper/fmblur2.jpg

During resizing the image does become clear for a moment but then simply changes back again, during that process the screen does appear to zoom in somewhat as the load, save buttons etc become larger than normal it would seem.

Unfortunately screenshots are never very clear but the explaination should help.

hi steve

ive got the same problem with the fuzzy text, im running the new patch and have tried everything recommened on here with no result.

my resolution is 1680x1050, im running xp and have a Radeon x1950 PRO graphics card.

heres a screen print of the problem, it seems the text on the left hand side of the screen is fuzzy and the text on the right hand side is fine.

fuzzytext.th.png

thanks

That's great, have forwarded that one on.

The other pics are JPG and it's hard to see the blurryness on them, that will give the graphics guys something to go on though.

Cheers

1. 233 MB (245.028.358 bytes)

2. im the only user, and the only account on my pc has administrator privilege

3. already done before writing here, i have not explained all because my english is poor, but i called it a "weird" thing because it happens after patching correctly a good amount of files.

Okay that's around the right size for the file.

Did you try rebooting and then running the patch again?

The only other thing I can suggest is to uninstall the game (copy your saved games), install again and then try to patch again.

If you have the demo installed at all make sure you uninstall that too.

It could still be a corrupt download but I don't want to advise you to download the file again if there is no need.

I have some for you.

In the one below its the standard windowed size and pretty much all the txt is slightly blured almost like its zoomed in and shouldnt be.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/Soul-Reaper/fmblur.jpg

In this one I made it as small as possible and some of the txt became clear again but some of it still isnt.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/Soul-Reaper/fmblur2.jpg

During resizing the image does become clear for a moment but then simply changes back again, during that process the screen does appear to zoom in somewhat as the load, save buttons etc become larger than normal it would seem.

Unfortunately screenshots are never very clear but the explaination should help.

It's hard to see any blurring on those screenshots. Could you try to capture them as PNG's rather than JPG's please? That should make it a bit easier to see.

Also there's not a lot of text on that screen, can you go to a screen where there's more text so there's more to see?

I do have another screenshot now and am asking the coders about it.

Archived