9.3.0 F.A.Q - Problems? Please check here.

i just installed patch 9.0.3 via download from rapidshare and now everytime i try to start the game up i get a black screen for about a minute and then comes up with a message "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" ... the game worked fine before downloading the new patch and i can't work out why it has now stopped working

any assistance would be greatly appreciated

(i have tried unistalling and reinstalling but still no luck)

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a problem with my 3d-engine.. It sometimes(quite often lately) stutters/lags during matchplay. Anyone experienced this? Maybe a solution?

My rig: windows 7 RC 64 bit. Intel quadcore 9650 3 ghz, 8 gb ram 1625 mhz, Asus P5E64 WS Evolution(motherboard), Radeon 4870x2. Latest drivers for all my hardware and software. Running the Fm through Steam

Guest MaXi-LoPeZ

I i got fm2009 when it came out and played it on my Mac fine, i unistalled it at around xmas to create space on myhardrive. i have now decided i want to play the game so i have reinstalled it but when i go to open the game it comes up with the error

'The application football manager 2009 v 9.0.0 f 23552 quit unexpectedly. Mac OS X and other applications are not affected.

Click Reopen to open the application again. Click Report to see more details or send a report to Apple.'

it keeps happening everytime i do it, please help

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

REALLY FUSTRATED WITH THIS PATCH.

Since installing the patch and trying to start a new game, every team i choose has a starting transfer budget of £0 and no matter matter what my season expectations it never changes and neither does my wages budget.

PLEASE HELP! :mad:

Guest Total-G

I have a problem starting the game.

I downloaded the patch and since then it asks for a serial number.

Does anyone know what to do?

When I start the game, I get a black screen and it then flashes between this and my desktop as if the game is stuck opening.

It's only just recently started and I've tried un-installing then re-installing through steam and the same thing has happened again.

Any ideas?

Hi there

Although I downloaded & installed patch 9.3.0, my players still get injured constantly.

To be more precise, I loose 1 to 3 players per week for 2 to 5 months each!!!!!!!!!!

I won't even be able to go on with the game in a month or so! Plus, it is getting really frustrating, I want to enjoy myself with FM 2009, not to smack my desk...

Can you please give me a solution, I looked at forums but couldn't find anything.

I would be grateful if you could e-mail me at doriefs74@yahoo.co.uk.

Regards,

Alex

Well, I'm not having any problems with the patch itself (yet), because I'm unable to download it!

Sites like Megaupload and Rapidshare doesn't, or rather, they NEVER work for me. Even Bittorent is not working too.

Can someone help? Maybe upload it to yousendit.com or sendfile.com? :(

PS. Mac patch

During matches in 2D mode, WWSM08 would intuitively switch back and forth between split view and the pitch. I play with extended highlights, so in FM08, the game would only show the pitch during a highlight and the split view at all other times.

WWSM09 tries to do this, but anytime you change tactics or check any other screen, it seems to lose this intuitive ability, creating a tonne of extra work for me.

Is there a solution?

REALLY FUSTRATED WITH THIS PATCH.

Since installing the patch and trying to start a new game, every team i choose has a starting transfer budget of £0 and no matter matter what my season expectations it never changes and neither does my wages budget.

PLEASE HELP! :mad:

In preferences, you need to make sure the box next to enable transfer budgets in first window is ticked before launching your game.

Iv spent hours reading all the possible threads and im still stumped.

1. Im on a Mac

2. I bought the game

3. I downloaded the 3.0 patch

4. it played fine up until 04.01.09 (in game date)

5. Then it said thanks for playing now you have to activate your copy

a) i thought mac users didnt have to activate?

b) i entered to the code on the back and it says wrong code, incorrect length

c) iv tried the code converter thingy and doesnt make a difference

Im sure its something really minor but iv run out of ideas!

Help is greatly appreciated

Cheers

hi all sorry for stupid question but i forgot what f key you press to get screenshots can someone plz let me know tyvm

Alt + F9

Or you could download the skin dds09 which has a screenshot button in the top left corner of the screen, which I'm using and find very useful.:thup:

how do I play the game?

I keep getting asked for my product key and when I put it in it says that the key has already been used!

I downloaded from Steam and have never had to put in a product key before. Has someone stolen my key?

Was it pre-owned? :D

no.

I bought it through Steam and had been playing for months.

Steam gives me a product key to use but it says it's already used. I've never entered it before, never had to. It's only recently started asking me to enter it. It was the first time last week and I couldn't play, then it stopped asking for a while so I could play. But I've not been able to play for a few days now. I've tried reinstalling it and stuff.

Naff system. :(

• 4 weeks later...
Is this the first patch you have tried to install or have you installed previous patches without problem?

Could you load up the game and go to the game status screen to see what version of the game you are running, there's a possibility that the patch installed but this warning is showing for some reason.

When you first installed the game did you install it to the default directory or did you install to a custom directory?

Finally, could you tell me the size of the patch you have downloaded, there's a chance the download is corrupt and the patch will have to be downloaded again, the file size of the mac FM patch should be 155,620kb

Hello Gudge,

Im having a installing the patch 9.0.3 on my MAC. When i start the patch, after pressing continue ones, i get the error message: "Football Manager 2009 v9.3.0 Patch can’t be installed on this computer.

The specified message could not be found for the index 0."

I find some earlier post on this by Dave21 who had the same issue, but it was never solved.

I already tried downloading the patch 3 or 4 times, and it gives the correct size. Nothing i try seems to work.

Please help!!!

Zeo

• 2 weeks later...

Archived