9.3.0 F.A.Q - Problems? Please check here.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mufckingud7

Will I have to keep reloading the game, or each time I click New Game, more databases may be there?

all you do is click on new game and then see what db is there and place i new 1 in the folder then look at the db's again but if they don't work then i have a feeling they might not be working.

if you can post links to them all i will have a look and try to see if they all load for me or if there is a limit to them

They're not really working I don't think, I got one database to work, but that's the one that I don't really want to play! :D

post the links to all of them you have and i will look or take a screenshot of the db's in the folder so i can see what they look like

every time i try to start my saved game it comes up with the following message fm.exe has encountered a problem needs to close. we are sorry for any inconvienience.Have uninstalled and re installed through both steam and unilock please help i have all the latest patches and tried everything i can think of my crash dump folder is almost as big as the game itself................?????????????

Maybe I'm being daft, but since installing 9.3.0, each game defaults to the 2D view. I always play commentary only and show a split view between commentary and match stats.

Any idea why 2d view comes on as default. Every match, I have to click "exit TV view".

Maybe I'm being daft, but since installing 9.3.0, each game defaults to the 2D view. I always play commentary only and show a split view between commentary and match stats.

Any idea why 2d view comes on as default. Every match, I have to click "exit TV view".

Sort team out etc set up game when you see the section where the key man is there is an option to view in tv mode or classic i think it says view match in or something bottom left

I ve downloaded the 9.3.0 patch and I wanted to know which folder within FM I install it to as there are no download path instructions. Do, I need to replace a data folder at all? This is for Mac.

Thanks

I ve downloaded the 9.3.0 patch and I wanted to know which folder within FM I install it to as there are no download path instructions. Do, I need to replace a data folder at all? This is for Mac.

Thanks

The patch should ovrwrite the files in the FM install folder just mount the file then open and install it should start to patch the game.

Right, quick question:

I've just got FM09 and downloaded 9.3.0 straight away, but I can't run it in windowed mode. The option is grayed out, any ideas how to fix it? I didn't run it at all before downloading the patch

(My standard screen resolution is 1024x768 if that makes a difference. I have an ASUS X1600 graphics card and 1Gb of RAM. My PC meets all the required specs)

Right, quick question:

I've just got FM09 and downloaded 9.3.0 straight away, but I can't run it in windowed mode. The option is grayed out, any ideas how to fix it? I didn't run it at all before downloading the patch

(My standard screen resolution is 1024x768 if that makes a difference. I have an ASUS X1600 graphics card and 1Gb of RAM. My PC meets all the required specs)

On the short cut that you use to play the game with:

Right Click on the Short Cut

Properties

Target

Add: -small_screen -windowed

After: "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe"

To Look Like: "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" -small:_screen -windowed

The directory will be different if using a 64 bit Windows or using Linux and a Mac but the end is what you need to place in the Target after the fm.exe" then load the game from that shortcut for window mode but if you load from a different short cut it will be full screen unless you change that too

Just installed the patch but can't seem to save anything in the db/data folders??? I only want to delete a couple of inc. files and turn off the German/China/Japanese National Sides but it won't help me.

"Cannont create C:\program files\sports interactive\football manager 2009\data\updates\update-930\db\inc\all\fake.inc file."

"Make sure that the path and file name are correct."

Help.

How can I delete the Hall of Fame?

I deleted the cache and preferences files, but still no.

Also, I can not select Sunday League or Semi-Prof as Past Experience. Do you know how can I fix this?

Thank you!

I've started a new game with Arsenal and I like to make up my own friendly arrangements, so I deleted all the existing ones and arranged new ones, however all the teams that have accepted it doesn't show up on the fixtures list and it looks like i've got no friendlies to get my players match fit for the start of the season, i've tried putting my assistant manager back onto arranging friendlies and hoping maybe some will magically come up but no, anyway i can get round this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Just installed the patch but can't seem to save anything in the db/data folders??? I only want to delete a couple of inc. files and turn off the German/China/Japanese National Sides but it won't help me.

"Cannont create C:\program files\sports interactive\football manager 2009\data\updates\update-930\db\inc\all\fake.inc file."

"Make sure that the path and file name are correct."

Help.

I doubt that can be discussed here because of licensing issues. Check out www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk

How can I delete the Hall of Fame?

I deleted the cache and preferences files, but still no.

Also, I can not select Sunday League or Semi-Prof as Past Experience. Do you know how can I fix this?

Thank you!

1. Read this :)

2. No idea at all, sorry

Ok,

I've got a question. I'm approaching my exam period so I want to unistall Football manager to get rid of it's distractions.

I will Install the game again afterwards.

When I Uninstal it, if I save everything in the 'Sports Interactive' folder in my documents.

Will I still be able to play the same game save as it was before I unistalled everything?

Is there a limit to the amount of installations you can make? And on how many different computers?

Cheers :)

Ok,

I've got a question. I'm approaching my exam period so I want to unistall Football manager to get rid of it's distractions.

I will Install the game again afterwards.

When I Uninstal it, if I save everything in the 'Sports Interactive' folder in my documents.

Will I still be able to play the same game save as it was before I unistalled everything?

Is there a limit to the amount of installations you can make? And on how many different computers?

Cheers :)

ive posted in the other thread located here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=63556&goto=newpost

help guys my fm 09 is broke after installing fm 09 9,30 patch any help would be appreciated as i want to play.

i get xml parsing error as seen in screenshot i have deleted all extra grapic files and skins and stuff and still not working does anyone know how to fix this. help would be appreciated as i want to use 1999-2000 database

heres link to problem http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g.../fm09error.jpg

my 9.3 patch file which i downloaded wasnt from an si source and wad only 141 mb, now i can get my game to run but when i click on a team and get dat xml parsing error and no players come up

Hello all,

I am having real trouble installing the game. I am trying to install the product via the steam option but when i get to the soft anchor part, i enter my product code and it says it isnt connected to the internet and will therefore not continue to install/launch. I would be extremely grateful if you could help me. Hopeful gave me the softanchor site to sort out the certificate but the only thing that i can click on, on that page is my username and password. I'd be very grateful if someone can help me. Thanks, Steve.

after installing the patch 9.3.0 i couldnt use the editor so I donwloaded an editor patch from some other thread here (rapidshare). Now the editor works, but it cannot find the 9.3.0 database, only databases I have previously edited.

Now, I check My documents/../Football Manager 09/db and the 9.3.0 is not there. So it is not a mystery the editor couldnt find it. But the game finds the db 9.3.0 and I can start a new game with it. So how can I find the db 9.3.0 in this jungle that is Vista?

Hello guys,

I got an runtime error R6002 whenver i run the game. I can play it before but after i run data editor => the bug will occur

Runtime Error!

R6002

- floating point support not loaded

I installed Microsoft DirectX SDK + downloaded latest graphic driver.

Anyone can help me?

Thx

i have a similar problem:

I have happly been playing FM for a while now and as it was saving it gave me the old "Fm has encounted a problem" rubbish and closed.

When i went to re-open Fm i got this error: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

im currently downloading the SDK but why would this problem suddenly appear after it working perfectly for so long?

EDIT : FIXED

windows failed to tell me that automatic updates where ready to be installed

hi!!!!!!

I first of all apologize for mine scarce English

I ask help because I don't find solution.

after having installed for different times the game, I have tried to go to the source of the problem....or the key.

In fact if I don't remember badly if the game is not authenticated it doesn't allow you to play online.............

I have gone on the page internet that for the deactivation / activation of the key.

Put Ok my keys resulted the 4 activation of my key, those my and of my friends.

I have disarmed her all so much at the end in theory all it takes is putting again her and re-autentication the all without too many dilemmas

Once disarmed my key, he/she is not known why but the game also worked online, but despite I/you had put all the patches, once done the job with the key the version it didn't result 9.03!!!!!!!!!! but at least it worked

I have gone suffered to put the patch 9.03.

replacement again the patch the problem remains and the online doesn't work anymore.

I have noticed that after having annulled the keys, once reopened fm I would have owed re-autentication, but to me this is not happened while you/he/she should usually be happening.

THIS IS A PROBLEM OF AUTHENTICATIONS!!!!!!!!!

you will now say............WHY I don't repeat the procedure done in precedence????

because despite I had unistall other 300 times, when I went on the site of the attivazioni/disattivazionis key, the keys didn't result anymore.

How to do for disarming the key?????? when I go to unistall he/she asks to me if I want deactivare my key and me despite has tried to do both to tell him and is to say no, does the key always remain and is not disarmed.

if at least you/he/she was asked to me of re-active all, according to me the problem would be resolved.

I have tried to install both with the recording by telephon/internet and is that with steam............... .con that telephone doesn't wonder key as when the activates the first time but me to his/her time I had already authenticated everything.

If instead I go to install with the activation stream, key he/she wonders me and putting mine tells me that it is already active despite deactivata has her/it when I have unistall

hallo , im installing fm 09 in my netbook (1000HE) via sharing dvd-rom from my desktop..

after installing and patching , then add the shortcut target with -windowed and -small_screen

but what ive got is an error...

"unable to initialize application properly" or something like that...

(ive tried to uninstall and reinstall , but keep getting the same error)

what should i do?

thx b4hand n sorry for bad english

Hey, need some help please!

My steam doesn't seem have updated to the v9.3.0 patch although it is set to automatically update. A dummies guide to how i could go about getting the new patch sorted ASAP would be much appreciated! Cheers!

Hey, need some help please!

My steam doesn't seem have updated to the v9.3.0 patch although it is set to automatically update. A dummies guide to how i could go about getting the new patch sorted ASAP would be much appreciated! Cheers!

There is a sticky thread HERE

:)

I am having activation problems with MacBook version of FM09 i have used the code written on the instruction manual and it say incorrect code lenght.

I have allready installed this code on to a Windows Vista computer and this has worked and i have read you can activate one code 5 times on diffrent computers.

Any solutions???

I am having activation problems with MacBook version of FM09 i have used the code written on the instruction manual and it say incorrect code lenght.

I have allready installed this code on to a Windows Vista computer and this has worked and i have read you can activate one code 5 times on diffrent computers.

Any solutions???

you dont need to activate FM09 on a mac so if it`s asking you for the activation code it might be bacause you have installed the wrong 9.3 patch

No it is the correct 9.3.0 patch downloaded via link in the patch for mac on this site.

Also other errors im recieving are that when i sign new players they all automatically go in to my first team and i cant move them to the reserves. This also goes for when i get new youth players to join the youth team they all go to first team and i cant put them into under 18s team.

Please help solve this problem.

I've downloaded the fm2009_93-pc file and couldnt open it so followed the advise on the first page to download torrent however when i try to put the file into torrent it says it is too big. How do i get this patch to work its so frustrating?

I just downloaded the WSM2009 Mac patch (I have the DVD so I didn't download the eSellerate one). I realized the files went into the update-910 folder that must have been created when I downloaded the 9.1 patch.

I installed everything as usual, but when I open the game and go to Preferences from the home page, it still says v9.1.1.

In my normal WSM parent folder I have the WSM logo that launches the game. When I click 'Get Info' it says it's 9.1.1. Inside the update-910 folder, there is the same WSM09 logo and after clicking 'Get Info' it says v.9.3.0. But when I double click that icon I get an error message saying the application quit unexpectedly.

So onl the 9.1.1 works. Why?

Could someone help please? The default graphics (eg, Championship, League One, League Two logos) no longer show, but the custom graphics (eg, Premier League logos) do show. What will have caused this and does anyone know how to fix it?

I tried posting on the general discussion but no one replied so could anyone help??? Please!

So just installed new patch, getting excited to play... Go to sell my first player off...

Offer to clubs, set the price

Then... the box normally comes up saying "Confirm to offer player to clubs"

And you normally get the option to say Yes or No

But since i've updated, I just get a blank box appear, so i can't offer any players to club???

Surely this is not normal? Is there anyway around it?

I'm running FM09 on Mac 10.5.7?

Do you have the game open?

I did make this mistake lastime :(

i did this then rapid share wont let download for 2 hours and now fm wont even run? when i click 2 play it wont open and says fm09 has stopped working. if i wait n download it again in the morning will everything be ok?

My FM09 isnt running and when i click the shortcut, the error message: "The procedure entry point SymFromAddreW could not be located in the dynamic link library dbghelp.dll", is displayed.

When I try and run it through steam, the error message "This game is currently unavailable, please try again another time", is displayed.

Has anybody seen something similar and what can i do??

• 2 weeks later...

hi i have installed FM2009 and done the phone activation every thing went fine now when i try to run the game i get the following msg

fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close?

anybody help

please

thanks

i installed the 9.3.0 update on my mac for WSM, and after installing the game still says that its at version 9.1.1, but the data editor is v3, and i can load the 9.2.0 and 9.3.0 databases from the editor. but i cant start a new game with those two databases or any new database i create through the new editor.

Hi guys, I have a brand new laptop which is a couple of days old and well above the spec required for running fm09. The installation and phone registering went well and the games runs fine except once it reaches the first matchday, either friendly or league game it freezes after picking the side at the preview page and proceeding to the match.......it basically sits there on that screen unable to go anywhere else. Any idea what the issue might be? Another poster suggested java or something else????

Archived