9.3.0 F.A.Q - Problems? Please check here.

The white text suggests there's still some old data in your cache files.

Leave it on FM2009, go delete your cache files again.

Then go into preferences again and select "reload skin on confirmation" in preferences and confirm and then post a screenshot of the result.

In the meantime I'm going to ask a coder about it to see if they have any suggestions.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To everyone with blurry text who's on vista can you try the following:

Right click on a clear part of the desktop.

Click "Personalise"

Select "Windows colour an appearance"

In this box you should see a number of coloured boxes, below that is a tick box to turn 'transparancy' on or off

make sure this box is unticked.

Click "Ok"

Restart the game.

If this helps let me know please.

Then go into preferences again and select "reload skin on confirmation" in preferences and confirm and then post a screenshot of the result.

In the meantime I'm going to ask a coder about it to see if they have any suggestions.

After I deleted the cache folder, it still gives a white text and a blank Game Status screen. Therefore I switch to apply the FM08 skin and still no luck:

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc308/wonderkammy/Blank_Game_Status_Screen_3.jpg

The most funny thing is that I actually can see the Game Status screen when I first run the game after installing 9.3.0...

It's hard to see any blurring on those screenshots. Could you try to capture them as PNG's rather than JPG's please? That should make it a bit easier to see.

Also there's not a lot of text on that screen, can you go to a screen where there's more text so there's more to see?

I do have another screenshot now and am asking the coders about it.

Yeh on imageshack now can actually upload large files!

Here ya go :)

http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fmblur.png

My processors awful haha.

After I deleted the cache folder, it still gives a white text and a blank Game Status screen. Therefore I switch to apply the FM08 skin and still no luck:

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc308/wonderkammy/Blank_Game_Status_Screen_3.jpg

The most funny thing is that I actually can see the Game Status screen when I first run the game after installing 9.3.0...

Thanks again.

No idea why this would be happening. Forwarding the screenshot on.

The only thing I think may be suggested off the top of my head is to completely uninstall the game and then re-install without putting in any new skins and seeing if the same thing happens.

It's hard to see any blurring on those screenshots. Could you try to capture them as PNG's rather than JPG's please? That should make it a bit easier to see.

Also there's not a lot of text on that screen, can you go to a screen where there's more text so there's more to see?

I do have another screenshot now and am asking the coders about it.

Cheers.

Can you try the advice above and let me know if it's made any difference?

Im on XP so I cant. Got any other ideas?

Hey i have a mac and i have downloaded and installed the patch. But where do i put the files once i have them?

When you start the patch program it will ask you where you wish to install them.

The default is here

Applications -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2009

Install the files there and you should be good to go.

When you start the patch program it will ask you where you wish to install them.

The default is here

Applications -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2009

Install the files there and you should be good to go.

Cheers, its all working now :) , i was saving them in a sports interactive - football manager 2009 folder which wasn't in my appplications.

Hi HoPeY

Could you boot up your game, grab a screenshot (PNG would be great) and then post it here or upload it to our FTP and let me know what it's called please?

Graphics guys are going to take a look at it.

FTP details:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=54927

Here's how mine looks; Fuzzy Home screen and Fuzzy Status

hi steve

ive got the same problem with the fuzzy text, im running the new patch and have tried everything recommened on here with no result.

my resolution is 1680x1050, im running xp and have a Radeon x1950 PRO graphics card.

heres a screen print of the problem, it seems the text on the left hand side of the screen is fuzzy and the text on the right hand side is fine.

fuzzytext.th.png

thanks

Don't know if it’s linked but I too have a Radeon X1950 pro. :thup:

To everyone with blurry text who's on vista can you try the following:

Right click on a clear part of the desktop.

Click "Personalise"

Select "Windows colour an appearance"

In this box you should see a number of coloured boxes, below that is a tick box to turn 'transparancy' on or off

make sure this box is unticked.

Click "Ok"

Restart the game.

If this helps let me know please.

I'm on XP too.

In Game Questions

1. Q: Will this patch let me play 3D?

It's impossible to make all available cards use the 3D engine, however we have expanded useability and cards with enough graphic memory that were not able to run 3D previously may be able to run now. Some of the cards now available for 3D display are:

GeForce 4x Ti

GeForce 3x Ti

Radeon 9200

SiS 650/750

If these cards still do not work then these are probably lower end versions of these cards with less graphical memory. We have done everything we can to make the game as compatable as possible with older hardware.

----------------------------------------

So can i continue my current save & I should now be able to view matches in 3d as opposed to 2d. I have the Radeon 9200

I doubt its linked, im on a Radeon X800 right now, oooold but worked fine before. Saving to get a real nice computer now, really need a new one :D

Could be just Radeon makes are more susceptible. :(

it could be linked what drivers do you use for ur card?

There the latest ones, never had any problem with patch 9.1.0 or 9.2.0.

ive just played around with my cards settings, i had it on high performance so i changed it to balanced and my text isnt fuzzy.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to humor me.

Can you get together a dxdiag report and post it up here so I can take a look at it please?

Follow these steps:

Click start

Choose "Run"

Type "dxdiag" in the prompt box

Once all the info has collected choose "Save all information" and save the file somewhere you'll remember

this will be a text file you can open and cut/paste here.

It could be driver related as we've done a lot of graphics card work. But I'll let you know.

Edit: Or try what Tombob did.... If that works let me know and I'll add it to the first post.

Thanks again.

No idea why this would be happening. Forwarding the screenshot on.

The only thing I think may be suggested off the top of my head is to completely uninstall the game and then re-install without putting in any new skins and seeing if the same thing happens.

The Game Status screen came back after I uninstall and re-install FM09 from Steam. Really don't know what happen but at least the problem is solved right now.

Many thanks to your assistance Steve.

So can i continue my current save & I should now be able to view matches in 3d as opposed to 2d. I have the Radeon 9200

If your card has enough memory it should be able to play 3d although it may be slow.

There are lots of different types of graphics cards and the results aren't always 100% predictable but 3D works on our Radeon 9200 cards in the office.

I shall try this, and see if it cures my problem. :thup:

If it doesn’t, you’re in trouble. ;)

Steve Cox

Sure, will do.

ive just done abit of trial and error and found that its the adaptive anti-aliasing setting on the graphics card. you can just disable this by unticking the enable adaptive anti-aliasing box in the 3D settings of your graphics card.

hope yours works

ive just done abit of trial and error and found that its the adaptive anti-aliasing setting on the graphics card. you can just disable this by unticking the enable adaptive anti-aliasing box in the 3D settings of your graphics card.

hope yours works

Excellent, I've just disabled it, loaded up FM and my text isn't fuzzy anymore. Thank you very much. :)

Here's what to disable if people still aren't sure;

DisableAdaptiveAnti-Aliasing.jpg

Just untick it. :thup:

• Administrators
I've had message of 'Steam serves too busy, please try in a few minutes' for the last half an hour.

Is this normal? Im desperate to get on the new patch.

Yes Steam will be busy, be patient and eventually your game will update. Sorry it can't do it any quicker!

Right this is my problem:

Occasionally I'd have a go at a game with the 3D graphics on. Id tick the box in Preferences to play 3D. Ive patched it now with 9.3 but when I go to play a match I cant view it or change it to 3D mode, theres no option?!

Any help would be much appreciated

I have a weird problem after i installed 903. I'm on a macbook (10.4.9) and when I'm on the player search screen I click on filter, I adjust settings (i.e. check "filter unrealistic prospects" box) but then there is no "confirm" button. I can't filter player searches, and the only way to get out of the filter box is to press esc.

When I downloaded the patch i installed it in the wrong location so I deleted it and donwloaded again. Could I have deleted some other files by mistake, or is the patch causing this problem?

Any help is appreciated.

• Administrators
Right this is my problem:

Occasionally I'd have a go at a game with the 3D graphics on. Id tick the box in Preferences to play 3D. Ive patched it now with 9.3 but when I go to play a match I cant view it or change it to 3D mode, theres no option?!

Any help would be much appreciated

You may not be supported for 3D, I would suggest updating your graphic card drivers as this may help with this issue:

How to Update your Graphics Drivers

This depends on your graphics drivers.

Some Computer manufacturers insist you download drivers from their own sites. Please refer to the website of your computer manufacturer before reporting issues with graphics drivers.

Here are the websites of the largest graphics cards and chipset manufacturers:

Nvidia (Gforce/Legacy)

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

ATI (Radeon)

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Intel (Onboard Chipsets)

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

There are other manufacturers of graphics card drivers. If you can not find drivers for these cards they may have been discontinued. Please ask in this case as we may still be able to help. Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

I have a weird problem after i installed 903. I'm on a macbook (10.4.9) and when I'm on the player search screen I click on filter, I adjust settings (i.e. check "filter unrealistic prospects" box) but then there is no "confirm" button. I can't filter player searches, and the only way to get out of the filter box is to press esc.

When I downloaded the patch i installed it in the wrong location so I deleted it and donwloaded again. Could I have deleted some other files by mistake, or is the patch causing this problem?

Any help is appreciated.

Potentially.

May be an idea to uninstall completely and re-install from scratch.

Remember to make a copy of your saved games first (a folder on the desktop is a good place)

Remeber to delete your cache files as well:

Mac OSX

1. Open Finder.

2. Select <User>

3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive

4. Delete the the "Sports Interactive” Folder.

5. In the Library folder find the folder called "Preferences"

6. Delete the "Sports Interactive" Folder.

And remove this folder as well:

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

Next, Re-install and choose:

Applications\

This will install football manager to that location.

You should now have:

Applications\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

Select that folder when installing the patch.

Let me know if this solves your prolbem.

Cheers.

Excellent, I've just disabled it, loaded up FM and my text isn't fuzzy anymore. Thank you very much. :)

Here's what to disable if people still aren't sure;

DisableAdaptiveAnti-Aliasing.jpg

Just untick it. :thup:

Question, one I don't know the answer too.

How do you bring that box up? Is there a program in your program files folder somewhere?

Let me know and I'll add this info to the top post. Good work! :D

You may not be supported for 3D, I would suggest updating your graphic card drivers as this may help with this issue:

How to Update your Graphics Drivers

This depends on your graphics drivers.

Some Computer manufacturers insist you download drivers from their own sites. Please refer to the website of your computer manufacturer before reporting issues with graphics drivers.

Here are the websites of the largest graphics cards and chipset manufacturers:

Nvidia (Gforce/Legacy)

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

ATI (Radeon)

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Intel (Onboard Chipsets)

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

There are other manufacturers of graphics card drivers. If you can not find drivers for these cards they may have been discontinued. Please ask in this case as we may still be able to help. Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Heres my graphics details I dont know what to do next though!!!!

2yo5qae.jpg

How do you bring that box up? Is there a program in your program files folder somewhere?

Radeon users Right click Desktop -> Catalyst Control Centre -> 3D -> Adaptive Anti-Aliasing

The problem is I dont want to have to turn that off to simply play Football Manager and to have to put it on again when I want to go on another game. Hope you guys can fix it.

I thought you had all the answers. ;)

If Radeon users have the Catalyst Control Center as-well as the Driver software then you simply;

- Open up the control center. (Right click > Desktop > Catalyst Control Centre)

- Navigate to the 3D section in the left tab

- Go to Adaptive Anti-Aliasing.

- Untick "Enable Adaptive Anti-Aliasing"

- Click Apply & Ok.

Perhaps this expanded image will help as-well;

ControlCenter.jpg

Okay that's around the right size for the file.

Did you try rebooting and then running the patch again?

The only other thing I can suggest is to uninstall the game (copy your saved games), install again and then try to patch again.

If you have the demo installed at all make sure you uninstall that too.

It could still be a corrupt download but I don't want to advise you to download the file again if there is no need.

I tried all now, just uninstalled and re installed game and, when patching, it tell me the same thing again.. i will try do download again, maybe from rapidshare this time and not with torrent..

Downloaded the new patch through torrents twice for mac. No problems downloading or installing but it's not an option to start the game on a 9.3.0 db. Any ideas?

Go into:

\applications\sports interactive\football manager 2009

(or to wherever it was installed)

Click the "Fm.exe" file once and you should see details for it come up. What does the version number say?

I thought you had all the answers. ;)

If Radeon users have the Catalyst Control Center as-well as the Driver software then you simply;

- Open up the control center. (Right click > Desktop > Catalyst Control Centre)

- Navigate to the 3D section in the left tab

- Go to Adaptive Anti-Aliasing.

- Untick "Enable Adaptive Anti-Aliasing"

- Click Apply & Ok.

Perhaps this expanded image will help as-well;

ControlCenter.jpg

Great, we're missing the catylist software on our Radeon machine, that's why I couldn't find it.

Thanks very much for the help guys!

It could still be a corrupt download but I don't want to advise you to download the file again if there is no need.

Well it was the case... i downloaded the patch again from rapidshare, and this time i have finally updated the game.. something wrong with the torrent version, for me.

Thanks for your answers and your patience.

Archived