9.3.0 F.A.Q - Problems? Please check here.

I'm experiencing a crash dump when I try and start a new game under the patch. As well as fm.exe corrupt file and an XML parsing error that states not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of channel-FACEGEN_CHANNEL.xml. Didn't have any problems before I've installed this patch. Any ideas?

Not sure what the problem is here.

Can you try deleting your Cache files and running the game again.

Was the patch Successful?

Your cache files should be here:

Q - How do I delete my cache files?

A - This has changed slightly from Football Manager 2008. For Football Manager 2009 please use the following instructions:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Go Into the “Football Manager 09” Folder.

5. Delete the "Cache" folder inside.

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Go into the “Football Manager 09” Folder.

6. Delete the "Cache" Folder inside.

Mac OSX

1. Open Finder.

2. Select <User>

3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive

4. Delete the the "Sports Interactive” Folder.

5. In the Library folder find the folder called "Preferences"

6. Delete the "Sports Interactive" Folder.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I've just downloaded the patch. And I installed it, but couldn't play itj through steam, becouse it said that I needed to activate it. So I entered the serial number. But got following message:

This key is allready active, please go to bla bla to get a new key.

So I unstalled the game, installed it without STEAM, but got the same soft anchor problem again.

Please help me :)

When I have that problem I find that I have to click slightly under all the buttons to get a response out of them. Its really hard to explain and makes me sounds very crazy:confused:

I get what you mean (I think) no I don't have that problem, I just have fuzzy text. On some of them it’s so bad, can barely make out the word.

I thought my eyes had gone when I first loaded up FM with the new patch. I than thought, I hope it’s not just a giant smudge on my monitor. :D

I get what you mean (I think) no I don't have that problem, I just have fuzzy text. On some of them it’s so bad, can barely make out the word.

I thought my eyes had gone when I first loaded up FM with the new patch. I than thought, I hope it’s not just a giant smudge on my monitor. :D

No its not the same problem cause my text is only slightly fuzzy. Have you tried changing your screen res and dpi settings?

We know what microsoft can be like sometimes!

Is your direct x up to date?

No its not the same problem cause my text is only slightly fuzzy. Have you tried changing your screen res and dpi settings?

Yep, tried full screen and different resolutions, still fuzzy. It seems to be alright on the left hand side of the main screen, but when I go into the settings its all quite fuzzy. :(

We know what microsoft can be like sometimes!

Is your direct x up to date?

Yes, direct x is update, as is graphic card drivers, net framework etc...

Hi, I've just downloaded the patch. And I installed it, but couldn't play itj through steam, becouse it said that I needed to activate it. So I entered the serial number. But got following message:

This key is allready active, please go to bla bla to get a new key.

So I unstalled the game, installed it without STEAM, but got the same soft anchor problem again.

Please help me :)

Anybody who could help me?

Yep, tried full screen and different resolutions, still fuzzy. It seems to be alright on the left hand side of the main screen, but when I go into the settings its all quite fuzzy. :(

Yes, direct x is update, as is graphic card drivers, net framework etc...

Afraid Im all out of ideas, I havent seen in reported anywhere else (YET) so its difficult to say what causing it and Ive drained my ideas for the moment :(

If I have any brain waves I'll pm you HoPeY:thup:

Feltus try the known issues thread im sure thats been covered in that one

Archived