9.3.0 F.A.Q - Problems? Please check here.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Using Steam, is there anyway to go back to 9.2 easily?

I had not intended to update to the new patch yet, but the damn automatic update on Steam caught me out :(

Do i real need to uninstall/re-install, and even if i do, how do i get from 9.0 on the new install to 9.2 (since i assume steam auto update will try to push me up to 9.3, and from what i read there is no other way to update steam version?)

Thanks

Hey Guys,

Posted a question yesterday but didnt get answered but hell hey. If one of the 'clever guys' (Steve Cox etc.) can help that would be much appriciated.

I have gone onto the link for the bittorrent and says Internet Explorer cannot view the page, yesterdayt it was just blank. Rapidshare to be honest are just scammers who Im not risking going through.

Do you have a solution?

Hey Guys,

Posted a question yesterday but didnt get answered but hell hey. If one of the 'clever guys' (Steve Cox etc.) can help that would be much appriciated.

I have gone onto the link for the bittorrent and says Internet Explorer cannot view the page, yesterdayt it was just blank. Rapidshare to be honest are just scammers who Im not risking going through.

Do you have a solution?

Rapidshare aren't scammers, do you really think a company as big as Sports Interactive would use a company who are scammers? No.

The link is fine, thousands of people will have used it and no-one, including myself, have had viruses as far as I've heard.

Hey Guys,

Do you have a solution?

rapidshare.de sucks! rapidshare.com rules, ive had a premium account for 3 years, its excellent!

Late on last night I was on the forums and saw that the new patch was out. I had turned off Steam coming on everytime I started up the computer so I went into Steam and went to my games and it said FM 2009 was "waiting for download". After reading another post I realised I had to exit out of FM before I downloaded the patch. I did this and re-started Steam and when I went to FM 2009 it started to download the patch. this took around an hour, but when it got to 100%-ready nothing happened. I thought this was ok and clicked on "Launch Game". Then a box came up saying Football Manager has stopped working. I thought this was strange because it never even loaded up. I then went on to my desktop shortcut and loaded up fm. this worked fine but when I went to start a new gaem there was no 9.3.0 database option. I closed fm and looked in the editor. the 9.0.3 option was in there but when I went to load it it said the database couldn't be found. Can anyone tell me if this is Steam's problem, mine or FM's and how I could fix it. Also can I download the patch in a different way that'll still work

I have updated via steam but the Data Editor is still showing 9.1 as the newest database! Can I not use 9.3 on the editor???
Well I'm pretty hacked off right now. I downloaded the patch off Bittorrent downloaded from Limewire. Went to update the files and the blue screen of death came up. Now my pc wont even start - its completely f%%%@d! Any ideas why SI???

The blue screen of death is caused by a modem failing/not working properly.

Are you trying to say that this is a random incident? Not at all caused by the patch? If so how much are you being paid?

TBf, Limewire is full of bugs and viruses, and you're extremely likely to pick up a bug if you open your ports to that infected piece of rubbish software.

TBf, Limewire is full of bugs and viruses, and you're extremely likely to pick up a bug if you open your ports to that infected piece of rubbish software.

I still need more convincing I'm afraid. I've used Limewire for 5ish years now with no problems or bugs. Once downloaded it was the correct file size and all that. The problem occured when I pressed 'update' on the patch - then blue screen of death, then computer f****d. Anyone else had this problem???

I know this is for problems but i've just got a quick question and didn't want to start a new thread.

I've a current save games where i've done things on the editor - for example, on one go i gave my team better youth facilities, and on another go i updated competition names so i actually have the accurate titles such as "UEFA Champions League" and so forth.

Because i've edited 9.2.0, will the new patch update my saved games or will i need to start new games in order to play FM with the latest patch?

ok here's my problem:

Game worked fine, started a new game and was playing last night under 9.0.2 patch. Realised there was a new patch so deleted that game and tried to start a new game under the new patch, which steam had automatically downloaded. Now i cannot start a new game. I get about 1 minute in to the setting up game and i just get a black screen saying the game is not responding....happens at the same stage everytime. Nothing to do with my laptop as it was bought 2 weeks ago and is of good quality, and the game was working fine until new patch. Anyone else having these problems? any help appreciated, thanks

ok here's my problem:

Game worked fine, started a new game and was playing last night under 9.0.2 patch. Realised there was a new patch so deleted that game and tried to start a new game under the new patch, which steam had automatically downloaded. Now i cannot start a new game. I get about 1 minute in to the setting up game and i just get a black screen saying the game is not responding....happens at the same stage everytime. Nothing to do with my laptop as it was bought 2 weeks ago and is of good quality, and the game was working fine until new patch. Anyone else having these problems? any help appreciated, thanks

I am running 9.3 on vista and running in windowed mode. When trying to load a new game, entering or leaving match day my game went to not responding for between 2 and 5 seconds on matches and until a new game was fully loaded on start up.

I have found a work around for this issue which is as follows:

1) Right Click on FM icon

2) Select properties

3) Compatability

4) Tick Run this programme in compatability mode for and make sure win xp sp2 is selected.

I know other user have had this problem and the work round works for some

I am running 9.3 on vista and running in windowed mode. When trying to load a new game, entering or leaving match day my game went to not responding for between 2 and 5 seconds on matches and until a new game was fully loaded on start up.

I have found a work around for this issue which is as follows:

1) Right Click on FM icon

2) Select properties

3) Compatability

4) Tick Run this programme in compatability mode for and make sure win xp sp2 is selected.

I know other user have had this problem and the work round works for some

Thanks for reply, your problem sounds exactly the same as myself, gave your work around a try, however no luck for me, same thing happened. Any other ideas?

I dowloaded the patch from rapidshare and finished the download. When i open the game it just comes up with a black screen then it says fm.exe has encounered a problem and has to close.

any ideas?? I tried restarting my computer but didn't make a difference.

Have done a forum search but cannot find the answer...

I have updated the game with the new patch and now when I try and load up the game it crashes.

This is the Vista msg:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fm.exe

Application Version: 9.3.0.36289

Application Timestamp: 49a49dac

Fault Module Name: StackHash_9cfd

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0335675f

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 3081

Additional Information 1: 9cfd

Additional Information 2: aea2a0d7a408bfb90d70a40b35741536

Additional Information 3: add1

Additional Information 4: e86fd8f76207b04502fc8a8c6058a723

Any ideas??????

Steam updated fm for me yesterday but the 9.3.0 patch isn't there when I go to start a new game and the only changes have been whenever I play a match all the players and adboards are black.

Could anyone tell me what the problem is and how to get the patch working properly?...

Cheers,

O

Could someone offer me some help? I tried downloading patch 9.3 through Rapidshare, however it keeps giving me this error message..

Are there other hosting website where I can download the file directly?

Thanks..

Download-session invalid. Please click here.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Possible reasons:

Download-session expired. Direct-links last a few minutes for free users and a few days for premium-users.

You requested this download-session from a different IP than yours. If you use AOL, try a different browser.

If nothing helps, getting a premium-account will override the IP-check, which means it will solve this problem.____________________________________________________________________

ok here's my problem:

I have the same problem, and im hacked off at SI. It appears that because i chose to use this wonderful "Steam" system which SI promote, I now cannot go back to patch 9.2.0.....thanks a lot guys, now i cant play the game you charged me 20 quid for....

3 patches in what, less than 4 months? and still its not right....come on guys get it together :(

My graphics drivers did need updating, which Ive now done but I still cant see an option for 3D when Im playing the game, as you can see:

jhey3m.jpg

Ive got an Acer Aspire 5315 which isnt great like, but youd have thought Id be able to play 3D on it.........

Have you tried selecting 'main stand', 'elevated' or one of the options that doesn't say "2D".

If you have and it doesn't work go into "Preferences -> Display and sound" and make sure the 3D camera option is ticked.

It looks to me as if the 3d options ARE there but they're just not being clicked on.

I have updated via steam but the Data Editor is still showing 9.1 as the newest database! Can I not use 9.3 on the editor???

Have you moved the editor from it's orginal at all? We haven't has this problem here at all BUT you may need to navigate to the 'data' folder in the Football Manager 2009 folder to see the new database. It should be there.

When I click it it says save or open. I've tried both. Still doesn't work.

Please read the post on the first page.

It sounds like you may have saved the .torret file but not the actual patch in which case you will need a Torrent program to help you donwload the full patch.

If you HAVE the full patch can you tell me what the size of that patch is please?

Late on last night I was on the forums and saw that the new patch was out. I had turned off Steam coming on everytime I started up the computer so I went into Steam and went to my games and it said FM 2009 was "waiting for download". After reading another post I realised I had to exit out of FM before I downloaded the patch. I did this and re-started Steam and when I went to FM 2009 it started to download the patch. this took around an hour, but when it got to 100%-ready nothing happened. I thought this was ok and clicked on "Launch Game". Then a box came up saying Football Manager has stopped working. I thought this was strange because it never even loaded up. I then went on to my desktop shortcut and loaded up fm. this worked fine but when I went to start a new gaem there was no 9.3.0 database option. I closed fm and looked in the editor. the 9.0.3 option was in there but when I went to load it it said the database couldn't be found. Can anyone tell me if this is Steam's problem, mine or FM's and how I could fix it. Also can I download the patch in a different way that'll still work

Sounds like something went wrong with the download there.

I think the best thing to do is to uninstall the game and then re-install it through steam and that should fix you up. If not let me know.

is the same thing happens to me

Read the following posts.

John got his working on the original skin eventually, the issue here is that the people who make these skins haven't updated them for the new software in the 9.3.0 patch, they will it'll just take a bit of time. Until then you can either live with it or go back to the original game skin and remove your cache files, if that fails you will have to re-install (but save all your data) and the screen will come back.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/4079/immaginez.jpg

this is my problem, how can I solve?

Sounds like the same thing here as well. Custom skins have not yet been updated so some new functions are not displayed and may cause a blank screen or two. Go request the updated skins!

I still need more convincing I'm afraid. I've used Limewire for 5ish years now with no problems or bugs. Once downloaded it was the correct file size and all that. The problem occured when I pressed 'update' on the patch - then blue screen of death, then computer f****d. Anyone else had this problem???

I haven't heard any issues like this happening Pablo. Sorry your machine has stopped working.

I'm not quite sure how to resolve this but I can get someone to take a look at the issue, unfortunately we can't do much if it was a hardware failure, did you by any chance get to see any message on the BSoD before it shut down? What happens when you try to boot your machine now? Nothing at all?

Need some help please...after i've installed the 9.3.0 patch, i run the game and i get "error line 487"

how can i solve it.

pic - http://www.zix.co.il/images/z-775031589.png

thank you for your help.

Hi, sounds like you have a corrupted download, sorry about this but it does happen from time to time. Please try to download the file again and see if it works this time. If you used rapidshare before it may be worth trying the torrent (or the other way around).

I've tried to use the eSellerate patch for my mac but it has come up with 'mounting failed', this happened with the second version as well, so gave up and waited for this new update.

I purchased the game in Thailand, not sure if that is relevant.

Well, first of all it sounds like you've used the wrong patch. If it's a genuine boxed copy (and to be honest if it's from thailand I'm not sure it is) then you need to use the normal boxed patch rather than the eSellerate patch.

I have the same problem, and im hacked off at SI. It appears that because i chose to use this wonderful "Steam" system which SI promote, I now cannot go back to patch 9.2.0.....thanks a lot guys, now i cant play the game you charged me 20 quid for....

3 patches in what, less than 4 months? and still its not right....come on guys get it together :(

The advantage of steam is that it's updated automatically, we made it clear that would be the case.

If you have a boxed copy of the game you can uninstall Steam install without it and get Patch 9.2.0 if you really want to go back.

The advantage of steam is that it's updated automatically, we made it clear that would be the case.

If you have a boxed copy of the game you can uninstall Steam install without it and get Patch 9.2.0 if you really want to go back.

Thanks for responding Steve, but its hardly an advantage if it stops the game working?

Not sure why i would have a boxed copy as well as steam?

Excuse me ! How about my downloading problem??

Seem like there are lot of issues with Patch 9.3, I am concerned about installing it subsequently :rolleyes:

Could someone offer me some help? I tried downloading patch 9.3 through Rapidshare, however it keeps giving me this error message..

Are there other hosting website where I can download the file directly?

Thanks..

Download-session invalid. Please click here.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Possible reasons:

Download-session expired. Direct-links last a few minutes for free users and a few days for premium-users.

You requested this download-session from a different IP than yours. If you use AOL, try a different browser.

If nothing helps, getting a premium-account will override the IP-check, which means it will solve this problem.____________________________________________________________________

Archived