arsenal have played me 14 times, adebayor has scored 10 hattricks...

so i've been playing with aston villa for about 3.5 seasons now. i've already won the league once, and i have a strong team.

but every time i play arsenal, they score the most bizarre goals. adebayor has scored more than 30 goals against me, this man just literally waltz's through 5 defenders at a time and walks the ball into the net.

they have 45 yard shots that bounce over my gk into the net.

my players don't seem to know how to play every time i play arsenal. it only happens with arsenal. as the title suggests, i've played arsenal about 14 times over the 3.5 seasons, and adebayor has notched up about 10 hattricks.

i have the best defense in the league, yet this mother****er scores on me every time. i know he's a quality player in real life, but he is jesus reincarnate in the game. he walks through defenses like moses walked through the red sea.

meaning, i'm just writing because its so frustrating watching your team play like crap ONLY against arsenal. you know if they outplayed me and scored some well worked goals, i can accept that. you win some you lose some, life goes on. but my team plays like such crap that its so undeniably obvious and it just makes my blood boil. what the hell is up with that? its absolute bull crap.

when did arsenal become the Gods XI? when did adebayor become God's daddy? what the hell. its so annoying and frustrating.

yes, i believe it is with the latest patch that was released in december.

some of his goals are absolute gems. he walks through 5 defenders and the keeper into the net.

then once, one of my defenders tried to clear the ball, it hits him about 20 yards out and it ricochets into the net. that was bloody wonderful.

I have the same problem with Arsenal although I find Walcott scores loads as well. Thing is I'm Spurs and every time I lose to them the fans get very upset. I'm finishing above them in the league but I've never beaten them and this year lost in both domestic cup finals to them. My only chance of a cup win is if someone else will knock them out!

i cant believe so many people on this forum regard 'the arsenal problem' as a non-issue

if you look through their squad, a lot of the players are massively over rated

look at almunia, better than shay given apparently

the less said about nicklas bendtners stats the better

adebayors stats are also too high in my opinion, but thats more subjective than most of their over rated players

and the argument 'the match engine suits arsenals style of play' just means that the match engine is a poor reflection of reality

if i were you mate, id buy adebayor

I have the same problem with Arsenal and Adebayor in particular. He's a footballing leviathan in FM, whereas IRL he's a lanky big *****.

EDIT: That wasn't even a bad word! Imagine if I needed to say that I p.r.i.c.k.e.d my finger on the mouse button? :confused:

I've only started to beat arsenal in 2018, when most of the players are too old or have moved on. Before then I'd win about 34 games a season, draw 2 and then lose 2 against arsenal, practically every season.

Let's not get started with Bendtner, he has hardly shown any promise since he's been at arsenal, and there isn't really any reason why he should be so good in the game.

That's because it's not an issue with the game, but with the research.
same thing really isnt it?

How is it? The researchers dont develop the game or even work for SI. They merely watch football and give the players the stats they believe they should have, then issue their data to SI so they can put it in the game.

Not really the same thing at all, is it?

How is it? The researchers dont develop the game or even work for SI. They merely watch football and give the players the stats they believe they should have, then issue their data to SI so they can put it in the game.

... and then their research gets implemented into the game.

The game and the research (which goes directly into said game), aren't exactly two completely separate entities.

im not wading in

you said that the research aspect is 'not part of the game'

and you havn't even said why

I did not. I said that the reason Arsenal are so good is not to do with the game, but to do with the research. As I've previously said, researchers are not employed by SI, so it is not SI's fault if the researchers overrate the players.

Read more carefully in future.

so if one rogue researcher decided to massively underrate manchester united, causing them to get relegated in the first season, then this wouldnt be a failing of SI and the game?

give over

the game undergoes a lot of testing to make sure things like that dont happen, if they do, then its SIs name on the product and its SIs fault

not one faceless, unpaid researcher

I am also in the camp of "research IS part of the game" and the buck does stop with SI. At the end of the day, they are the one's releweasing the game and reviewing all the testing results. Surely some one noticed that Arsenal are considerably better on the game than they are in real life.

If SI don't employ the researchers, who does?

I play LLM saves mainly, so the Arsenal things hasn't affected me directly yet, but when i do venture into the premiership to look for the odd loanee, it is clear that arsenal's players are overrated.

I am an arsenal fan and i go to the majority of home games and it is clear from what i see that the stats are inflated. With regards to Adebayor, it is easy to understand why the researcher thought he would be so good this season after the performances he was putting in last year. However, the guy just doesn't try as hard anymore. Maybe he is complacent, but unfortuantely, complacency is not a stat in the game.

so if one rogue researcher decided to massively underrate manchester united, causing them to get relegated in the first season, then this wouldnt be a failing of SI and the game?

give over

the game undergoes a lot of testing to make sure things like that dont happen, if they do, then its SIs name on the product and its SIs fault

not one faceless, unpaid researcher

It is the fault of the researcher if players are overrated. You either accept that, or you dont. Either way I'm not bothered. The fact is that SI do not do the research, so they cannot be blamed for it.

SI may not do the research in house, but the endorse it by putting it on the game!

It's like saying Tony Blair/the government wasn't to blame for the UK going to war with Iraq because he/they didnt carry out the research on the WMDs. No, he/they didnt wander around Iraq personally, but he/they endorsed the research of the people who did by goign to war and the buck stocks with them as the decision makers.

This is off topic, but it was the most dramatic example i could think of ;-)

It is the fault of the researcher if players are overrated. You either accept that, or you dont. Either way I'm not bothered. The fact is that SI do not do the research, so they cannot be blamed for it.

this fella must be on a wind up

are the stats for players changed with each patch do people know?

i won the league with man city, had a team full of superstars, and by far the best defence, but VAN PERSIE scored 3 or 4 goals against me, EVERYTIME i played vs arsenal.

this game is ****ED UP. (sorry for my language, but IT IS ****ED UP. so i'm just telling the truth)

this fella must be on a wind up

are the stats for players changed with each patch do people know?

How am I on a wind up?

And yes, players stats are changed between patches, depending on the researcher. From what I hear quite a few of the Arsenal squad have been downgreaded following this seasons performances.

But they can be blamed for letting this poor research be added to the game, therefore making them responsible for producing a game where arsenal are overrated.

lets not forget that its not just the arsenal players that are demi-gods, its that my players dont even show up for the game.

they don't listen to any of my tactics, they don't play their position, its absolutely ridiculous.

its like the cpu makes arsenal infinitely better and my team infinitely worse. and then obviously there is adebayor, and next to him; God.

SO taking this quite frankly brilliant idea to its logical conclusion, I will give you a scenario.

'I research medical drugs, I decide a drug needs to be more powerful and then sell this formula to a drugs company, who then 'test' the drug. People die but they think eh what the heck we will release it anyway the researcher thought it should be fine'

Who in this little scenario would be at fault, the researcher or the drugs company who did the testing?

i sympathise with u princesofpersia. i have the exact same problem, i too have the best defence in the league by a country mile but when arsenal come to town it all falls to pieces! adebeyor has scored over 45 goals in a season 3 times its ridiculous

so i've been playing with aston villa for about 3.5 seasons now. i've already won the league once, and i have a strong team.

but every time i play arsenal, they score the most bizarre goals. adebayor has scored more than 30 goals against me, this man just literally waltz's through 5 defenders at a time and walks the ball into the net.

they have 45 yard shots that bounce over my gk into the net.

my players don't seem to know how to play every time i play arsenal. it only happens with arsenal. as the title suggests, i've played arsenal about 14 times over the 3.5 seasons, and adebayor has notched up about 10 hattricks.

i have the best defense in the league, yet this mother****er scores on me every time. i know he's a quality player in real life, but he is jesus reincarnate in the game. he walks through defenses like moses walked through the red sea.

meaning, i'm just writing because its so frustrating watching your team play like crap ONLY against arsenal. you know if they outplayed me and scored some well worked goals, i can accept that. you win some you lose some, life goes on. but my team plays like such crap that its so undeniably obvious and it just makes my blood boil. what the hell is up with that? its absolute bull crap.

when did arsenal become the Gods XI? when did adebayor become God's daddy? what the hell. its so annoying and frustrating.

Why dont you try tampering with his breaks on his car before the game?

Ive had this problem in previous versions of FM. Arsenal for some reason turn into a team of Maradona's X1, and seem to win like every match. This is a genuine issue though, and I have typed in my opinion in the data issue forum. But theres always a favourite innit, however it is unfair on the 'realism' on the game

SI is a company like any other, they employ staff and managers. The staff (paid, or unpaid) do their job to the best of their abilities (hopefully ;-) ... ) and the managers check their work, it is not necessarily the member of staff's direct fault, it is the manager's responsibility to ensure that all published work is of an appropriate standard.

The researchers for Arsenal may genuinely believe that denilson etc who are very overrated really are that good. No problem. They submit their research. It is the lead researcher's job, and the managers of the lead researchers to ensure that data provided by researchers is correct. While generally they do a brilliant job if you think about how much data they have to process, it seems this one has been missed.

I can't tell you the management structure for SI, I don't work there, but it is someone's decision to accept this data from the researcher and allow it into the game. It is often difficult for a researcher who researches their own club to be anything other than partizan, and that is why the job above them is so important.

I do think that some of Arsenals youngsters do have currently high mental stats (hidden and unhidden ones), but away from that the majority of the problem appears to be far more their integration into the way the match engine calculates certain things.

I'm sure it's not a quick fix by a long way, but it's still disappointing to see as it kills some of the realism.

Maybe there should be a "bottle it" attribute.

Archived