arsenal have played me 14 times, adebayor has scored 10 hattricks...

I will say that Manchester City in my game is far worse than Arsenal. They literally bought a dream team, buying every single World Class Defender, Midfielder and Attack at 20-50 million pounds each.

If I were managing Man City and wanted to win quickly, that it what I would do too...unfortunately a team with effectively infinite funds, which Man City basically have both in real life and on the game, can do that.

Doesn't make them unbeatable though!

i started with manchester city, but you may have money but just like in real life, no one decent wants to come

and it took me 3 seasons to beat arsenal adebayor does seem to play as if he is untouchable, you just feel pulling out a shot gun to stop him but im sure he would dodge the screen and leave a huge massive hole in my screen.

and i havnt won the league as man city yet. like i said you may have all the money to buy the best, but the best some times dont wanna come.

i started with manchester city, but you may have money but just like in real life, no one decent wants to come

and it took me 3 seasons to beat arsenal adebayor does seem to play as if he is untouchable, you just feel pulling out a shot gun to stop him but im sure he would dodge the screen and leave a huge massive hole in my screen.

and i havnt won the league as man city yet. like i said you may have all the money to buy the best, but the best some times dont wanna come.

Please do not swear. It is not allowed on these boards. I have edited it out.

It is an issue, it is the the Arsenal researchers "fault" for overrating their players.

It also helps that their style of play suits the match engine.

The Arsenal researcher hasn't over-rated their players.

Adebayor is strong, quick and good in the air in real life. The ME loves players who are strong, quick, and good in the air (a certain American striker who is on loan at Cardiff from Fulham, anyone?). Arsenal's style of play is also favourred by the ME. Put that together...

The Arsenal researcher hasn't over-rated their players.

Adebayor is strong, quick and good in the air in real life. The ME loves players who are strong, quick, and good in the air (a certain American striker who is on loan at Cardiff from Fulham, anyone?). Arsenal's style of play is also favourred by the ME. Put that together...

but compare his ability to finish in real life to the game

im the sure the ME does favour him as many people say, but his stats are still too high when you compare them to world class strikers

Just played Arsenal in the league cup, lost 4-1 after extra-time. Throughout the game my centre-back who has 20 for jumping, 19 for strength, 18 for tackling, 18 for acceleration, 18 for anticipation, 17 for positioning, 17 for marking, 17 for tackling and 14 for pace is completely dominated Adebayor who has less for all those stats except pace which he only has 15 in that area. Naturally Adebayor scores his customary hat-trick against me and my record against Arsenal now stands at W 2 D 3 L 6. Adebayor has now scored 25 goals in 20 games in all competitions including 4 hat-tricks, before December!? His league goals for the past 5 seasons are: 24 in 33 games, 24 in 32, 27 in 31, 18 in 25 and so far this year 17 in 14.

If thats not over-rated then i don't know what is.

SCIAG: If thats the case why is Drogba useless? His past 5 seasons on my game are 9 goals in 30 games, 6 in 21, 9 in 29, 14 in 30 and so far this season 2 in 11. Is Drogba not strong, quick and good in the air? IMO Drogba is a much better player in those 3 areas than Adebayor is IRL but you don't see him banging goals in from anywhere and everywhere on this game.

Its clear SOME of their players have been overated. Looking at the attributes of players like Eboue, Song, Bendtner, Almunia, they are just not as good IRL as they are in the game. Squad players that are overated do make a big difference to the outcome over a long season. Iv never been consistently destroyed by one team as I have been by Arsenal, and iv played Barcelona more times than them. Attempting to stop Messi, Henry, Etoo, Iniesta, Xavi etc seems an easier task on the game than Adebayor, Van Persie, Walcott, Fabregas, Nasri etc.

i think the problem is not correlated with the 'overratedness' of the individual players. it has to do with the cpu making arsenal invincible while at the same time making my team considerably less intelligent. put those 2 factors together and you're in for a drubbing.

i can accept a loss. but when the team i'm playing is scoring some impossible goals that break the laws of physics, it just becomes rather annoying. when that team is always arsenal, it becomes a collection of wtf moments. when the scorer is adebayor all the focking time, its just... im speechless, i've run out of things to say... i can't pray to god either, hes the one that keeps scoring on me.

i think the problem is not correlated with the 'overratedness' of the individual players. it has to do with the cpu making arsenal invincible while at the same time making my team considerably less intelligent. put those 2 factors together and you're in for a drubbing.

i can accept a loss. but when the team i'm playing is scoring some impossible goals that break the laws of physics, it just becomes rather annoying. when that team is always arsenal, it becomes a collection of wtf moments. when the scorer is adebayor all the focking time, its just... im speechless, i've run out of things to say... i can't pray to god either, hes the one that keeps scoring on me.

Impossible like a left footed player that they signed who somehow manages to curl a shot round 2 players and into the net from 30 yards out, when infact if any player hit it with the outside of his left foot in that situation the natural curl that would happen would mean the ball ends up at the corner flag?

Or when my striker take on 3 players,beats them, gets to the edge of the box and shoots which beats the 'keeper but stops on the goal line and is subsequently cleared by their left back?

but compare his ability to finish in real life to the game

im the sure the ME does favour him as many people say, but his stats are still too high when you compare them to world class strikers

so what is it that makes the match engine favour players like adebayor? hell if the match engine is glitched, lets take advantage of it, ignoring the fact hes useless in real life.

I would rather have success knowing it has been my signings in the transfer market, tactics that fit the players in my squad, training an bringing youngsters into the 1st team rather than using a flaw in the ME but each to their own.....

I would rather have success knowing it has been my signings in the transfer market, tactics that fit the players in my squad, training an bringing youngsters into the 1st team rather than using a flaw in the ME but each to their own.....

and i'd rather know that my loss to arsenal wasnt due to an unnaturally good performance due to a flawed ME..

I'm not denying the fact that the ME is flawed, i've posted some of the things i think are wrong with it in other threads and even in this thread i've stated that he is vastly overrated. I was meaning that I don't like to use any of the various shortcuts available such as the corners one, what you do in your game is your own perogative.

I'm not denying the fact that the ME is flawed, i've posted some of the things i think are wrong with it in other threads and even in this thread i've stated that he is vastly overrated. I was meaning that I don't like to use any of the various shortcuts available such as the corners one, what you do in your game is your own perogative.

i agree

one of my major issues with FM is that assembling tactics is not intuitive enough

my knowledge of actual football should be enough, i dont like the fact i have to 'learn' how to beat an inanimate match engine, or even worse have to come onto this forum and read the potential side effects of over using a particular slider

Yeah i'm the same. I got the game on the day of release and i've only recently got a tactic that is beginning to work on the ME. The game should be about getting a tactic that would win a game of football not a tactic that will beat a computer.

I don't think they can simulate real football, far from it. What annoys me is how I have to tailor my tactics such as my passing style so that I have an chance of success in the the game. Ideally I would like my team to play a short passing game in which we slowly build up our attacks, this of course needs plenty of movement off the ball from my players, expecially in midfield. What I invariably seen happen was that my CM's would pass the ball to each other a couple of times and then get marked by the opposition CM's meaning they had to pass the ball back to the DC's, after this the CM's would never make a move that would give the time and space to receive the ball again, so in the end the CB's would be forced to send the ball long, mostly ending the attack. This forced me to play a more direct passing game where i get the ball up the park quickly and play from there.

This has nothing to do with the players I have in my team not having the quality to play such a passing game as i play as Spurs who have a strong midfield at the start of the game and I have improved as the game has progressed.

Is it too much to ask to be able to make my team play in such a way that I would be willing to pay money to go out and watch them IRL?

I don't really understand what CA has to do with how Arsenal performs. As i understand the actual attributes are what decide what happens in game and it is here where arsenal is overrated. Even bit palyers have great attributes and players who have yet to prove them selfs have nice attributes in their team regardless of their CA.

You can have a palyer with CA/PA at 195/195 but it wont matter if his attributes are not in the right places.

Looking at Arsenal they have one of the best defences in the game (if not the best) when it comes to attributes. This is not a true reflction of how it really is. (Look at their FB:s...)

Their midfield is ok but feel Fabregas ability to use his both feet ( 20 / 15 ) is overrated. He is allredy the best passer in game and now he can do it with both feet? Is this true to real life?

This alone gives Adebayor plenty of supply to make goals and as he can finish moves in any way he wants he scores alot.

It is the fault of the researcher if players are overrated. You either accept that, or you dont. Either way I'm not bothered. The fact is that SI do not do the research, so they cannot be blamed for it.

Of course they can be blamed for it, They are the company that produce the game and probably hire the researchers so why would'nt you blame SI?

you wouldnt release any sort of product onto the market without making making sure all aspects of it are correct, that way you dont end up with egg on your face....

why do i feel such a sense of irony when i say that lol

Archived