The 'Academy' DB

Guest niresearch

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Canabary:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mikeytwigge:

oldham seem at bit low as they would have both nevilles scholes and micah richards among oher big name stars or are you just moving them to the club they were at when they were 18 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scholes started in the united academy a age 14, that pretty much means United should have him, although he was brought up an Oldham fan, he never acctually played professional, semi-professional or junior football with them.

As for the nevilles never heard anything about them being at Oldham.

Richards however did spend time at Oldham, so he would be there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Nevilles trained with Oldham a few times, and Phil also with Bury, but it was never any contract or anything involved so they should be at Man Utd.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scotty Walds:

Richards should definitely be at Oldham - they even have a sell on clause for him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they do, but was he trained there? I mean I'd largly say ManCity are the reason for his sucess he's been there for the past 7 years I hardly think one year at Oldham really helped him... but again, I might be wrong.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gaza91:

i would also love to see the scottish leagues.

since celtic n rangers buy alot of there players they could be down quite a fair bit.

where as hibs would be right up there!

gareth </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rangers team shouldn't be too bad in all honesty:

McGregor

Hutton

Smith

Pressley

Malcolm

Burke

Adam

Ferguson

Charlie Miller

McLean

Hmmm, struggling for a second striker, but aside from that it's a pretty decent squad. I'm not sure about Rino Gattuso, can't remember if he was signed from someone or as a kid.

Celtic would have Maloney, McGeady, Wallace, Liam Miller, David Marshall.

Motherwell would get McFadden and Stephen Pearson back, and Hibs would have Riordan, O'Connor, Brown, Thomson, Murray, McManus....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamie_lawrence:

excellent idea mate... i reckon then man united would still be the best as they did have alot of english players.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

West ham would be far superiour.

The only lads we'd get would be:

Nevilles, Scholes and Beckham. Hardly a prem-winning team :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Canabary:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamie_lawrence:

excellent idea mate... i reckon then man united would still be the best as they did have alot of english players.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nevilles, Scholes and Beckham. Hardly a prem-winning team :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Giggs? Robbie Savage? Wes Brown?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markrae1:

Nevilles, Scholes and Beckham. Hardly a prem-winning team :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Giggs? Robbie Savage? Wes Brown? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

savage? didn't know that. as for brown, I suppose you're right. But Giggs was, as much as it pains me to say this, first at ManCity youth club before he decided to move to United. Although I fully believe and think he should be with United, he was at city first icon_frown.gif

And Nicky hasn't been godd for years...

as for Healy, didn't know that.. Still not a prem winning team compared to West Ham though.

Guest General

Gattuso was signed from Perugia if i remember correctly, however he never had a professional contract with them. He was an apprentice at the time and Rangers snapped him up for a nominal fee if my memory serves me right

I started to work on something like this and the way I was doing it was simple, I used the players history and put them on the team that was the first one on the list (oldest) or with the same team if there was no info, solves the problem all together.

Peace

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bluebirds4life:

cardiff city-earnshaw jerome gunter(patch 8.02) and so much more our academy is brilliant?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

jerome started out at Huddersfield in his youths first mate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markrae1:

Giggs? Robbie Savage? Wes Brown? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

savage? didn't know that. as for brown, I suppose you're right. But Giggs was, as much as it pains me to say this, first at ManCity youth club before he decided to move to United. Although I fully believe and think he should be with United, he was at city first icon_frown.gif

And Nicky hasn't been godd for years...

as for Healy, didn't know that.. Still not a prem winning team compared to West Ham though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man City was not Giggs first club, he did train with them yes, but this is the samw case as the Nevilles at Oldham, training sometimes with a club before being 14 and allowed to sign schoolboys forms with a club. He never had a formal agreement with them. Giggs signed Schoolboy forms with Man Utd at his 14th birthdate and should therefor be at Man Utd.

By the way Man Utd should also have Pakistan international Adnan Ahmed.

I feel sorry for Arsenal though. All that talent that isn't even british, can't be good for them with this db :p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just because they dont play for us, doesnt mean they dont exist. You can find Arsenal youth in most premiership teams. Pennant, Sidwell, Bentley, Ashley Cole off the top of my head.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scotty Walds:

Pennant should start at Notts County </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As should Leon Best, David McGoldrick, Will Hoskins , Steve Finnan? and a few others.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robterrace:

Pennant should start at Notts County </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As should Leon Best, David McGoldrick, Will Hoskins , Steve Finnan? and a few others. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve Finnan started at Welling. Come on you Wings !

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CalumAlex:

keep up the good work NiResearch!

hows it going?

and MadLad i couldn't find your version... :s

great idea NiResearch!! CAN'T WAIT to play it icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is the link:

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5402079...232078073#5232078073

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by madlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CalumAlex:

keep up the good work NiResearch!

hows it going?

and MadLad i couldn't find your version... :s

great idea NiResearch!! CAN'T WAIT to play it icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is the link:

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5402079...232078073#5232078073 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Link not working

Great idea niresearch! I'm looking forward to playing this!

Liverpool have a great academy, they wont be too bad.

Southampton should be a good team, I'm assuming that Walcott and the Wright-Phillips brothers will be there?

Senrab FC was a really good team for young premiership players, but it was a kids team, not a professional club. I dont even think its in the game, so the players cant be given to Senrab.

Bristol Rovers wont be too bad, they have Scott Sinclair and Bobby Zamora, and a couple of others too.

And how could I forget?

Bournemouth will find themselves with a quality team, all their current problems will disappear with the arrival of our (Salisbury's) leading striker Matty Tubbs! Hes ace.

And our No. 1 started out at Bristol Rovers, Ryan Clarke.

In fact, I'll tell you where everyone should be from our team if they came from a league club:

Ryan Clarke - Bristol Rovers

Jon Bass - Birmingham City

Matt Robinson - Southampton

Mike Fowler - Crystal Palace

Tommy Widdrington - Southampton (hes now a player/coach with us)

Marvin Brown - Bristol City

Jon Beswetherick - Plymouth Argyle

Barrell Clarke - Mansfield Town

Hope this made your job a bit easier. At least I will get to see our star players playing top footy icon_biggrin.gif

Mike, the Wright-Phillips brothers started off at Man City, and technically despite being a trainee at Rovers, he first was a youth player at Norwich although we eventually turned him down.

Be good to see Bellamy back at City... icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IMT:

Mike, the Wright-Phillips brothers started off at Man City, and technically despite being a trainee at Rovers, he first was a youth player at Norwich although we eventually turned him down.

Be good to see Bellamy back at City... icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SWP started at Nottingham Forest, but was let go for being to small.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone who has played it for any length of time noticed any improvement in the National Team's progress?

Im extremely interested in testing it out for a good length of time and documenting the results(if Genie Scout were completed)...

I also figure Man Utd would initially start with the best team but would fall in a hole within three years as there top players are on the backside of there career's whereas West Ham's team are a fair few years younger. Liverpool would have one of the stronger teams in 5-10 years with the youth coming through.

Either way its a fantastic idea even if it only gets done in the English leagues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived