The Danny Roberts Challenge : Difficulty GODLIKE (Part 2.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridleys:

He's just turned 30 this season.

I don't know why he is still improving though icon_biggrin.gif

Just finished my 4th season in 3 days icon_cool.gif and he has smashed in 112 goals icon_biggrin.gif

Dean Evans

Club

Appearances - 672

Goals - 953

International

Appearances - 68

Goals - 46

Overall

Appearances - 740

Goals - 999

He still needs 47 club goals for 1000 club goals, but he is only 1 away from his 1000th career goals including international ones!

Hopefully he will do it next season! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's one amazing scoring record icon14.gif

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I miscounted icon_razz.gif

He has passed his 1000th career goal, although it is the treasured 1000 club goals that I am aiming for icon_smile.gif

Current record this season: 6 games, 5 goals and the league hasn't even started yet icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridleys:

I miscounted icon_razz.gif

He has passed his 1000th career goal, although it is the treasured 1000 club goals that I am aiming for icon_smile.gif

Current record this season: 6 games, 10 goals and the league hasn't even started yet icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1000 Club Goals!

Dean Evans - Goal/Game breakdown

Sorry for stealing your layout Nep

League

Games - 361

Goals - 543

Assists - 109

MotM - 176

Av. Rating (14 seasons) - 8.11

Domestic Cup's

Games - 290

Goals - 412

Assists - 64

MotM - 103

Europe

Games - 40

Goals - 45

Assists - 8

MotM - 15

Career Totals

Games - 691

Goals - 1000

Assists - 181

MotM - 294

Yellow Cards - 17

Red Cards - 1

<A HREF="http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg232/ridleys_album/DeanEvans-7.jpg" TARGET=_blank>Deano at his best. 26 Years old.

Dean starting to age. 30 Years old.</A>

1000 Club Goals!

Dean Evans - Goal/Game breakdown

Sorry for stealing your layout Nep

League

Games - 361

Goals - 543

Assists - 109

MotM - 176

Av. Rating (14 seasons) - 8.11

Domestic Cup's

Games - 290

Goals - 412

Assists - 64

MotM - 103

Europe

Games - 40

Goals - 45

Assists - 8

MotM - 15

Career Totals

Games - 691

Goals - 1000

Assists - 181

MotM - 294

Yellow Cards - 17

Red Cards - 1

Deano at his best. 26 Years old.

Dean starting to age. 30 Years old. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

Quick question does all the goals have to be for your team? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. He just has to have played for your club at some stage in his career. (Although of the people who have completed this since FM06, all 1,000 goals have been scored at the Human Controlled Club)

Great work Ridleys. 2 100+ Seasons icon_eek.gificon14.gif

Paul Wallace' top tally was 88, in 2019-20 icon_smile.gif

• 1 month later...
tbh, the stupid goalscoring in this topic, goes to show just how unrealistic Football Manager is.

To date, IIRC, there have been 5 players score over 1,000 goals. (3 from FM06 and 2 from FM08). Now if you think how many saves and career that would have been from, possibly millions, its not too unrealistic considering IRL, 2 players to date have scored over 1,000 goals.

Mostly because it's been done in N.I against average at best teams but they've still scored loads in Europe etc

Actually, from what I understand, only Wallace was in N. Ireland. Roberts, Black and the third player from FM06 (Can't remember for the life of me) - were all done in the Premier League in England. The other FM08 player, IIRC was also done in Englands Premier League, although I'm not 100% sure.

Also, fwiw, I've had a player in the N. Irish league score 200 goals in 1 season. He will reach 1,000 goals, easily.

It is unrealistic, hopefully FM will find a way to tone it down, 80 goals in 26 league appreances with not even very good stats its clearly a massive flaw.

5 Times in untold FM saves, against 2 times IRL is not unrealistic. If its that easy to achieve, why hasn't it been done more?

starburst that may be, but not an average of 3 a game.

I just suspect foul play or the game is a lot more unrealistic then I originally thought.

I can offer you the save game file if you wish. For both players that I've had score 1,000 goals. You can search to any extent you wish, but there is no foul play.

As for being unrealistic, I'll go on the same grounds I've gone on for any "unrealistic" argument.

Are you a real life football manager? No. Therefore, as soon as you take over the first club, the realism stops there.

EDIT : Mikel, why do you now have such a small amount of posts? I've seen you about the forums for ages.

EDIT : Mikel, why do you now have such a small amount of posts? I've seen you about the forums for ages.

It was because he rejoined with a new username (a space between the Mikel and LUFC) so his post count was back to 0

also theres tons of realism about football manager 2008 that suprised me in the way the games played, and its very rare you see players perform anywhere near as good as the 1k goal players BUT if in real life a manager picked up a very talented young striker with the intent of getting him to score 1000 career goals it would be pretty acheivable in real life, in the same way that its acheiveable on football manager

As for being unrealistic, I'll go on the same grounds I've gone on for any "unrealistic" argument.

Are you a real life football manager? No. Therefore, as soon as you take over the first club, the realism stops there.

That argument is crap. I am not saying the game should be 100% realistic.

What I am saying is a simulation should be as realistic as possible.

The game CANNOT put you in charge of a real football club, at the moment, its impossible.

However, the game can make the game perform realistically.

3 goals a game is not realistic.

The game CANNOT put you in charge of a real football club, at the moment, its impossible.

Think of all the chances a striker gets through a season, if that same season happened a few million times over, in one of those times he'd score nearly every chance. Its the same with football manager, the only reason it hasn't happened to that degree in real life (yet) is because there hasn't been many seasons at all in the world compared to how many there must've been on FM06 AND FM08 in everyones game. Not only that but these players were especially looked after by the managers to make sure they made that target

You can't afford the luxury of telling me whats realistic. You've no proof that by 2020 IRL people wont be scoring 3 goals per game. The day you hit continue in FM the game becomes 100% unrealistic, because as said, it can't possibly mimic real life. There fore, any single event that happens does not make the game perform realistically.

• 2 weeks later...
I really want to finish Daf's Callenge and carry on with Gundo's (might do a season anyway). Andrew Smilie already has over 500 goals in just 4 seasons. Could easily be the first to break 2,000 goals. Go me.

Your next quality regen will probably break 3,000 goals. You seem to be the King of goal scoring regens

Your next quality regen will probably break 3,000 goals. You seem to be the King of goal scoring regens

I know :D

FM06 - Gareth Black, (from my youth team)

FM08 - Paul Wallace, (signed as a 16 year old)

FM08 - Andrew Smilie???? (from my youth team)

Its a shame Wallace didn't come through my youth team, that would have been a nice touch.

• 2 weeks later...
Nepenthez, just out of curiosity what tactic do you use..

i find it incredible that you can get so much out of your strikers.

I use a variety. You've got to remember, the careers span over 20 seasons, and in that time I could go through 8-10 tactics, and at least 500 variations changed sometimes game to game.

For the majority, I used a 4-4-2 with AML/AMR or ML/MR with Farrows. I do remember using some 4-3-3 and 4-5-1's in Wallace's career, though. But they were mainly set up to aid him in scoring, and focus the main part of the attack towards him, just to push him over the finishing line.

With Smilie, its a different story. I don't think it would matter what tactic I played him in, he will always score hundreds, because he is by far the greatest player in the N. Irish leagues.

Looks like my hope of completing this have just ended.

Martin Green

He's my star striker who has been ripping up the laughably poor Northern Ireland league.

623 goals

That was his total at the end of last season and I think he might have had a chance of reaching the 1000 goals target. He started pretty slowly and missed nearly a whole season through injury but recently he has been scoring around 70-90 goals a season, so if he played perhaps 6 or 7 more seasons he could make it.

Unfortunately, he does not want to sign a new contract and has announced publicly that he is considering leaving on a Bosman at the end of the season. I could cash in and try and get a few million for him but I think I'll take the risk and keep him until the end of the season just in case he changes his mind.

He finished his spell at Sirocco Works at the age of 28 with 692 goals from 532 games, amazingly in his 16 caps for Ireland he didn't find the net once.

I honestly think with the team I have in the NI league I could get a player to 1000 goals pretty easily if I found the right player, he doesn't need to be a superstar. I think it is just a case of finding a player decent enough to build your team around but not too good enough so that he will want to move clubs. Unfortunately most of the young strikers I'm finding are 'ambitious' so there's little chance of them spending their whole career in a league of this level.

Archived