The Danny Roberts Challenge : Difficulty GODLIKE (Part 2.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by birdy123:

Can't believe he only has 4 international goals compared to his league goals icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He played in midfield for N. Ireland icon_frown.gif

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by birdy123:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Paul Wallace - 27 years old - "in his prime"

See. He was always crap icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aah icon_biggrin.gif Guess the crapness of the league made him ffffb. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea that, and the tactic i devised to fully suit him icon_smile.gif

This is Quality! Best of luck with the last few goals mate. As he's only got 4 international goals he will more than likely get 1000 league as well as 1000 career goals, I have no idea how many my most prolific striker has ever achieved but it wont be anywhere near that. Seeing as you wrote your last post yesterday I'd imagine you've played a fair few games since, he's probably close now!

Re his international posistion - did the N.Ireland Manager job never become vacant that you could apply and make him a centre forward taking all penalties/free kick etc?

Challenge Complete icon14.gif

Paul Wallace - Goal/Game breakdown

League

Games - 446

Goals - 568

Assists - 186

MotM - 149

Av. Rating (20 seasons) - 8.07

Domestic Cup's

Games - 322

Goals - 395

Assists - 131

MotM - 103

Europe

Games - 70

Goals - 37

Assists - 19

MotM - 9

Career Totals

Games - 838

Goals - 1000

Assists - 336

MotM - 261

Yellow Cards - 36

Red Cards - 1

Full Career screenies will be put up when he eventually retires.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Challenge Complete icon14.gif

Paul Wallace - Goal/Game breakdown

League

Games - 446

Goals - 568

Assists - 186

MotM - 149

Av. Rating (20 seasons) - 8.07

Domestic Cup's

Games - 322

Goals - 395

Assists - 131

MotM - 103

Europe

Games - 70

Goals - 37

Assists - 19

MotM - 9

Career Totals

Games - 838

Goals - 1000

Assists - 336

MotM - 261

Yellow Cards - 36

Red Cards - 1

Full Career screenies will be put up when he eventually retires. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow fantastic ahievement, i have been following his career closely on gundo's challenge thread, and what a wonderful career he has had.

Would like to see how many goals he would be on if he was competing at a slightly higher level though icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 5ergio:

All hail the new king, Paul Wallace icon14.gif

Pure ace NepentheZ. Eagerly waiting how much he'll go further till he retires. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

37 now, and I STILL cant offer him Player/Coach.!

He will never quit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robin_trott_hoof:

Chelsea's Kalou was still going strong in my game at the age of 41, so you could easily be stuck with Wallace for another four years! icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be fantastic. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Pelé's goalscoring record is often reported as being 1280 goals in 1363 games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif possible? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will try my damnedest.

Curretly -

1017 Club Goals

4 International Goals

1021 Total Goals.

Started 2-3 days ago with Killyleagh (promoted to 2nd division in NIR) and I hope I get a decent striker to try this out. My 3 crappy strikers already scoring over 10 in 13 games, I'll try and track them all down if either could make it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by minisav:

He retired? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes he did. icon_frown.gif

He is now a Coach at my club though. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He should be a 6-7 star shooting coach with this career behind him icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 5ergio:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by minisav:

He retired? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes he did. icon_frown.gif

He is now a Coach at my club though. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He should be a 6-7 star shooting coach with this career behind him icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

5* icon_frown.gif but only due to his "technical" coaching stat.

Just finished the first season of my unofficial(unreported) Gundo's challenge with Killyleagh in Northern Ireland. I'm closely watching my strikers at the moment but them being real players and not regens made me think that they won't be challenging for 1000 goals or else they are unheard Pele's in real icon_biggrin.gif Here is my outstanding goal scorers this season. I'll mainly play Kershaw & McParland up front if no other transfer is made till the start.

P.S: McParland was signed in Jan and Lecky mainly plays right winger, occasionally making it up front due changes, injuries or bans. Also any comments about the players like (I've played them they do improve etc...) is appreciated.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Player Name Competition Games Goals

Lee Kershaw League 19(3) 12

Cup 13(3) 12

Trevor Parkhill League 17(2) 12

Cup 15(1) 8

Richard Lecky League 21(1) 8

Cup 15 7

Gavin McParland League 6 7

Cup 1 0

</pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by problemchild:

Im currently deciding to join this challenge but I got a few questions first about it

1. Do you have to manage the player throughout his whole club career?

2. If you manage a different team and you sign him to manage him again does that count? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. Ineresting. I wouldn't assume so though, to be honest. I'm sure Pele had more than one manager throughout his career, but his record still stands. icon_biggrin.gif

2. yep... that counts.

Not to be pedantic or anything, but Pele's goal included those scored in friendlies, exhibition matches, charity matches etc. His competetive goals scored was much lower. So anybody getting 1000 goals in FM would actually be much better than the great man. icon_wink.gif

Two seasons or so ago in my league, I was able to pull off a future world talent striker called Mattia Montini at the age of 15

Now at the age of 17, he is ready to start in his bid to set the world alight.

I will be posting up his progress with yearly screenshots throughout his career and from the look of his stats, he will be able to make it to 1000 goals.

oh yeah, another question,

does U-21 goals count?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by problemchild:

Two seasons or so ago in my league, I was able to pull off a future world talent striker called Mattia Montini at the age of 15

I will be posting up his progress with yearly screenshots throughout his career and from the look of his stats, he will be able to make it to 1000 goals.

does U-21 goals count? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I don' think so. They are not counted as actual goals on FM, they come under "Non-competitive" .... So I wouldn't add them to his total goals tally. Good luck with that player though, he looks amazing.

does U-21 goals count? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I don' think so. They are not counted as actual goals on FM, they come under "Non-competitive" .... So I wouldn't add them to his total goals tally. Good luck with that player though, he looks amazing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I pulled this off Wikipedia.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Pelé's goalscoring record is often reported as being 1280 goals in 1363 games. This figure includes goals scored by Pelé in non-competitive club matches, for example, international tours Pelé completed with Santos and the New York Cosmos, and games Pelé played in for armed forces teams during his national service in Brazil.[ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I recall a few years ago Frank Skinner proclaiming on Fantasy Football League something along the lines of 'so Pele is counting goals he scored down the park and in the playground.' icon_biggrin.gif

So maybe non-competitive goals should count... Not taking anything away from your challenge mate. If anything, it makes the acheivements of Paul Wallace in competitive games all te more amazing icon14.gif

Good luck Birdy123. (Also, thanks for recommending Gamebridge - Getting delivered on Saturday icon_biggrin.gif )

ProblemChild - It would be wrong to count Friendly games too, because the user can manipulate the game in their favor. They could create endless Friendlies V's the U-18 team, in which players will score lots of goals. icon_frown.gif

Update on the magician, Theo Stevens.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Season 09-10: 18(8) Apps; 26 Goals; 5 Assists; 9 MoMs

Season 10-11: 42(3) Apps; 51 Goals; 11 Assists; 12 MoMs

Season 11-12: 46(4) Apps; 53 Goals; 22 Assists; 15 MoMs

Season 12-13: 47(3) Apps; 45 Goals; 20 Assists; 11 MoMs

Season 13-14: 21(2) Apps; 12 Goals; 5 Assists; 3 MoMs

Season 14-15: 43(2) Apps; 55 Goals; 20 Assists; 13 MoMs

Season 15-16: 38(4) Apps; 43 Goals; 10 Assists; 11 MoMs

Season 16-17: 27(2) Apps; 40 Goals; 5 Assists; 10 MoMs

TOTAL: 310 Apps; 325 Goals; 98 Assists; 84 MoMs</pre>

At age 25, its going well so far =]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deadlydevices:

Update on the magician, Theo Stevens.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Season 09-10: 18(8) Apps; 26 Goals; 5 Assists; 9 MoMs

Season 10-11: 42(3) Apps; 51 Goals; 11 Assists; 12 MoMs

Season 11-12: 46(4) Apps; 53 Goals; 22 Assists; 15 MoMs

Season 12-13: 47(3) Apps; 45 Goals; 20 Assists; 11 MoMs

Season 13-14: 21(2) Apps; 12 Goals; 5 Assists; 3 MoMs

Season 14-15: 43(2) Apps; 55 Goals; 20 Assists; 13 MoMs

Season 15-16: 38(4) Apps; 43 Goals; 10 Assists; 11 MoMs

Season 16-17: 27(2) Apps; 40 Goals; 5 Assists; 10 MoMs

International: 29 Caps; 18 Goals; 4 Assists; 4 MoMs;

TOTAL: 339 Apps; 343 Goals; 102 Assists; 88 MoMs</pre>

At age 25, its going well so far =] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forgot Internationals :]

Mmmmmmm guys icon14.gif

ive finally got someone to attack this 1000goal record if i carry it out to the end icon_smile.gif

Simmo (as hes now known as) is a cayman islander icon_smile.gif

at the age of 24 hes on fire but for some reason has still never had a full international cap icon_confused.gif

The Man Himself

History

Overall he has scored 304 in 327 icon_smile.gif so hopefully i can keep him till the end

Barns icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnsley:

Mmmmmmm guys icon14.gif

ive finally got someone to attack this 1000goal record if i carry it out to the end icon_smile.gif

Simmo (as hes now known as) is a cayman islander icon_smile.gif

at the age of 24 hes on fire but for some reason has still never had a full international cap icon_confused.gif

The Man Himself

History

Overall he has scored 304 in 327 icon_smile.gif so hopefully i can keep him till the end

Barns icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In with a great shout there mate.! Good Luck.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deadlydevices:

Barnsley, quick question... why did you loan him out to Milan? Was it to hope he can improve his CA quicker, and in that case did it work?

Good luck, looks like we are both close with some random islander starting from the bottom and owning the premiership icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i didnt icon_smile.gif my mate decided to try and release my players and send them on loan as hes a <swear word> icon_biggrin.gif

simmo is on 10 in 10 this season icon_smile.gif i like the little islanders there great icon14.gif

Originally posted by problemchild:

After leaving Roma which I've wanted to do because of the new board that took over, Im glad to be able to continue this challenge after taking control of Manchester United and signing Mattia with me.

Still only 18 and he has shown great potential already

Mattia Montini

Season 1

corrected link

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom =):

Does it have to be all at one club, for example i believe i can get Adebayor to 1000 goals, but obviously not all of them would be with Arsenal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It can be with any club, many clubs or no clubs at all icon_wink.gif (International icon_biggrin.gif )

All the goals also needn't be scored under your management, but you must have managed the player at the point he scores his 1000th goal. icon14.gif

I also have ANOTHER player capable.

Andrew Smylie

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Season 1 - Games, 45 | Goals, 85 (Age 16)

Season 2 - Games, 57 | Goals, 112 (age 17)

Season 3 - Games, 24 | Goals, 65 (age 18 - season only 4 league games in :eek: )</pre>

Total Goals - 262 + 4 for N. Ireland

266 Goals scored, and hes only halfway through his third season with the club. I'll get screenies up in the next hour or two. (After my Knockbreda season update)

Archived