Yzzy442 for 9.2. Strikers on rampage:)

I'm amazed this tactic is not being highlighted as one of the best available?

I've already tried it with West Ham with much success, including a FA Cup win and a 2nd place finish in the EPL 2nd season, plus leading the table unbeaten in season 4.

With Arsenal i won the EPL and could conceivably have won the lot, without a major bout of bad luck, could easily have gone a full season completely unbeaten.

Just played the first dozen game with it as Man City, sat joint 1st with UTD after 9 wins 3 draws and 0 losses.

The tweaks are simple enough not to be putting people off, with the only changes needed are when odds on favourite at home, or playing against a 4-1-4-1 formation.

Add 3 notches to mentality, width and tempo for these games and to hold on in the dying minutes against quality teams, drop 3 notches on mentality, width and tempo(from original settings)

You basically only lose games through massive bad luck.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hammer, although it sucks, have you tried not having the 3d match engine on at all??? i've done this and it improved the gaming experience considerably...not only is the 3d match engine pointless too watch, as entertaining as big brother, but it seems to lag and 'mistakes' just seem to happen all around the pitch...i dont think anyone would argue that the 3d engine is anything like watching a game on tv...personally, i dont see the point of the 3d engine and think it should be removed...but back to the point...just try and play the game without the 3d engine, coz i do think there are faults with it...

murchadh's posts did make good reading and some very logical points - case in point - the recent man u game - something like 20 shots on target, for man u, and 2 goals...but i think, like he said, the ccc stat is missleading and it must be frustrating to have figures like you do and very few goals...unfortunately i dont have that problem hahaha im at the other end, with 1 or 2 ccc's but the odd goal here and there and churning out results

mentality just means how high up the pitch your guy will go doesnt it??? the arrows are whether the player will run forward or not, and you can quite easily have a player with high mentality and barrows...its odd, but just instructs the player to stay higher up the pitch and not run forward...thats how i see it anyways

does seem like he's got the mentality on the wrong way round though eh??? hahaha the more defensive player making runs and the the more attacking player just sitting there...im guessing he's wanting the more attacking player to come back and the defensive one to dart forward...would make more sense to have the mentality's set around the same (2-3 notches different) with the more attacking one on forward runs mixed and the defensive one on often...ooorrr just keep the mentality at 2-3 notches difference and just experiment with forward runs...

This is indeed one of the best tactics for FM09 if not the best. It got the best results of all tactics in my lower league testings and I thought I'd give it a try in my Vauxhall Motors save, AWAY against the FIRST Tranmere Rovers, I expected a loss to be honest but things did look like that:

tranmereroversvvauxhallzx3.png

w1093.png

Only thing I did was I adapted a succesful courner routine in it, and did leave everything other. Great work!

Further update since I started using this, after the match against Tranmere, I did even beat Lincoln City and they are in League Two, I'm also on a 9 game winning streak and going 10 games without conceding :

vauxhallmotorsbx6.png

w1093.png

I have to admit my squad is full of new players, except of 1 who just played 1 time from the beginning, so my team is still not gelled well yet. I also was predicted to be the last, 24th. I give this tactic a rating of 10 out of 10, I'm sure it is even better than kimz was for FM08, as this is working superb in lower leagues also and you even keep clean sheets in a row, and that all in lower leagues...Much respect Yzzy, very great work on the tweaks, and knap, respect for building the base!

And a screenie of the results I got BEFORE using that tactic:

vauxhallmotors2ip3.png

w1093.png

No, I didn't touch anything except the attacking corner setup I've implemented, but that's nothing really special. No PM or TM

Hey Code,

Could you please upload the tactic with the tweaked attacking corner settings? I really like those on yor other sets, so I guess you've done well here too.

Knap - Did'nt notice the MC settings tbh mate and even if i did, i doubt it would have clicked? truth is, i dont have the first idea anymore how the whole tactical set up works? i basically try to find a downloadable tactic that produces the best results/performances and then if need be, make a couple of tweaks by changing the one or two things i DO understand, to try to make it a little better.

davey256 - I'm actually watching in 2D mate, the errors are less obvious, but still absolutely overwhelm the whole experience, i find that i turn my monitor off intermittently throughout matches, just to stop me from breaking it.

Code - Are you using the tactic from the OP or with my minor tweaks? The results you show are almost tempting me to start a LLM game mate.

Hammer

The reason why I do not support these tweaks to my base tactic is that the minimum standard I set is 95pts, and this falls below that minimum standard. The tactic is still capabe of winning EPL due to underlying base settings but is not consistent.

englishpremierdivision3kg4.png

w1440.png

Mike - The top one(last one uploaded)

Knap - In my West Ham game i used Gavilan and Behrami on the wings and Noble and De La Red in the centre.

Arsenal was Walcott and Zhirkov wings, Palombo and Fabregas centre.

Man City its Di Maria and Phillips wings, Palombo and Diarra centre

I've got the more defensive MC in the MCL position with the barrow.

Hope this helps.

Code - Are you using the tactic from the OP or with my minor tweaks? The results you show are almost tempting me to start a LLM game mate.

Aw, just realized I used your filefront link to download, didn't know you tweaked it aye, I was using yours mate + corner settings.

Hammer and Code

How are you using the MC combination?

What sort of wingers are you using as they are set up for TTBs often but xball mixed.

I'm using box to box midfielders here. Changed passing of the def minded MC to first notch of mixed though, and the DCs on tight marking. But that's all, haven't changed anything other except the corner routine. If someone wants to have a look, here it is:

http://files.filefront.com/Yzzy442+Arsenal+Feb+2010T4tac/;12826180;/fileinfo.html

eastley + Gee - Wish i knew what to tell you fella's? as i dont believe in the old "give the tactic a few games" thing, all i can say is that i DONT do team talks, press conferences or use OI's, so maybe you are doing one of these things and getting something wrong?

I DO still lose games now and again, but even then, i have usually dominated and/or made the better and clearer chances.

Code - Thanks mate, although i must be honest, my tweaks were very, very minor, so Knap and Yzzycz deserve almost all the credit.

eastley + Gee - Wish i knew what to tell you fella's? as i dont believe in the old "give the tactic a few games" thing, all i can say is that i DONT do team talks, press conferences or use OI's, so maybe you are doing one of these things and getting something wrong?

I DO still lose games now and again, but even then, i have usually dominated and/or made the better and clearer chances.

Code - Thanks mate, although i must be honest, my tweaks were very, very minor, so Knap and Yzzycz deserve almost all the credit.

Same for me mate, I'm also doing no press conferences, teamtalks and use no OI. Have assigned an ass man with motivating 15, he's doing a great job.

Same for me mate, I'm also doing no press conferences, teamtalks and use no OI. Have assigned an ass man with motivating 15, he's doing a great job.

The only time i butt in is if i've read that certain players are looking over confident and/or cocky, i tell them i "expect a performance" although admittedly, my Ass Man does usually have this covered.

The only time i butt in is if i've read that certain players are looking over confident and/or cocky, i tell them i "expect a performance" although admittedly, my Ass Man does usually have this covered.

Mine too. Also change team-talks after match after my team grabed a very confident win and he says nothing. Changed to Pleased then.

Code - Thats fantastic man really!

Can i ask if you have ever used the 3 notches on mentality, width and tempo tweak that i often have to use to open up teams parking the bus?

Cheers

I did realise it but I didn't need to really. I've never tweaked things ingame :|

I did realise it but I didn't need to really. I've never tweaked things ingame :|

You may find it necessary in the future when your team is continuing to over perform!

I'm going to finish my 1st season with Man City (top and unbeaten in 20 EPL games) then maybe start a game with Hull City or maybe Darlo on League 2(your fault) lol

You may find it necessary in the future when your team is continuing to over perform!

I'm going to finish my 1st season with Man City (top and unbeaten in 20 EPL games) then maybe start a game with Hull City or maybe Darlo on League 2(your fault) lol

Yes I think, even more in League Two now where teams are even stronger than they were last season. Nice I could bring you onto that! Hehe

I have downloaded both but one question, Why does the MC with Barrows have attacking mentality?

That was'nt one of the tweaks i made mate, so i dont know?

All i do know is that its the best tactic i've tried in FM09 and i'm sure Code would agree, just look at his results in the lower leagues.

That was'nt one of the tweaks i made mate, so i dont know?

All i do know is that its the best tactic i've tried in FM09 and i'm sure Code would agree, just look at his results in the lower leagues.

3 games with tactic, 3 wins:

Dundee united 0 Celtic 1

Celtic 3 NK Dinamo 0

Celtic 3 falkirk 0

So far so good.:thup:

tried this tactic on my QPR game. seemed amazing for about 8 games, i was getting 6-0 wins and good results against the big 4 home and away, but then FM just seemed to crack it.. i lost 5-0 away to boro and since then it's been pretty average; i don't know what happened. i'll upload a picture of the results later. i used Hammer's version.

This tactick works well for me..

I play Braintree in Blue Aquare South.

Played 21 games before i use this tactick. 5-6-11(win-draw-loss) 21 points.

With this tactick i got 13 points in 6 games(4-1-1).

The only loss was a 3-0 against leaders Thurrock.

I am five games into a new save with Basingstoke in the BSS, tipped for relegation i am currently top of the table with four wins and one draw. I also just scooped manager of the month. Hopefully this post wont jinx and the wheels wont fall of just yet but this looks like a cracking tactic.

Archived