Can teams in portugal have tycoons? as ive just started a save with vitoria setubal

Also does anybody know  100% which countries cannot have a takeover because ive been playing this game now for over 30 years including the pre FM games in the 90s & i see alot of people in different groups having tycoons but ive yet to have one no matter who i go only failed ones all the time

3 hours ago, robevz said:

anyone?

the only countries which can't have a tycoon takeover is Germany, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Brazil and Turkey. Portugal is not included in the list, Tycoons are pretty random and more often than not are likely to fall through though  there is a way of engineering one

Overall the chance of getting a Tycoon is rather rare, I've not had one takeover a club I've owned for a number of FM's now. Some clubs also don't seem to get them, I think the ownership structures like Real Madrid & Barcelona (elections) prevent it happening.

Got two tycoon takeovers of Portuguese teams on my FM save as of 2036, Oliveirense and Feirense.

I have all European leagues playable on my save so I've seen quite a number of tycoon takeovers, English teams have more in general. I have noticed alot of the tycoons withdraw funding quite quickly though!

Em 21/03/2024 em 09:10, keon disse:

Got two tycoon takeovers of Portuguese teams on my FM save as of 2036, Oliveirense and Feirense.

I have all European leagues playable on my save so I've seen quite a number of tycoon takeovers, English teams have more in general. I have noticed alot of the tycoons withdraw funding quite quickly though!

How do you know when other clubs are taken over by a tycoon?

The best way is to use a third party in game editor and apply a regen only filter on staff with 15+ for the attribute 'Resources'. That's what I tend to do, some of the bigger clubs will have regen directors coming in which matches this criteria and aren't tycoons but it will help you narrow it down. To make sure, you can then go to the club's Landmark page and see there also.

Edited by keon

Thanks guys im not too concerned about actually having one myself i just wanted to know if portugal are capable of getting one ...as i would like to have one given that i have not had one before so i dont want to do 20 seasons in portugal to then find out clubs cant have them haha

but if people have had them then thats good to know cheers

23 hours ago, keon said:

The best way is to use a third party in game editor and apply a regen only filter on staff with 15+ for the attribute 'Resources'. That's what I tend to do, some of the bigger clubs will have regen directors coming in which matches this criteria and aren't tycoons but it will help you narrow it down. To make sure, you can then go to the club's Landmark page and see there also.

FYI there's one third party tool that just lets you search directly for clubs with sugar daddies. Lets you search based on type too so you can see which ones will really splash the cash.

Edited by rusty217

I had a tycoon takeover with Torquay United in Vanrama National League South who was willing to pump £27 million into new players on this years game so if i can get one in the lowest playable league in England im most definte you can get one in portugal. its just come down to luck

7 hours ago, Jay25H said:

I had a tycoon takeover with Torquay United in Vanrama National League South who was willing to pump £27 million into new players on this years game so if i can get one in the lowest playable league in England im most definte you can get one in portugal. its just come down to luck

its not so much if you can get one in the lowest league some countrys simply aint allowed to have them i was just checking if portugal was one of those as ive never seen a tycoon in portugal in all the FM groups im a part of for years not 1 person has said about a porteguese tycoon its always the usuals man utd arsenal valencia those types     everton seem the most popular one to have it on fm24

18 hours ago, robevz said:

its not so much if you can get one in the lowest league some countrys simply aint allowed to have them i was just checking if portugal was one of those as ive never seen a tycoon in portugal in all the FM groups im a part of for years not 1 person has said about a porteguese tycoon its always the usuals man utd arsenal valencia those types     everton seem the most popular one to have it on fm24

Never knew some countries wernt allowed to have them tbh but knew Portugal has never been a problem to get one just have to be lucky to get one or keep checking clubs landmarks under history to see what type of takeover they have. Ive never seen the big 3 (Porto, Benfica and Sporting) get a tycoon takeover in Portugal but have seen mid/lower teams in Portugal get them on pervious FMs over the years.

On 24/03/2024 at 16:59, Jay25H said:

Never knew some countries wernt allowed to have them tbh but knew Portugal has never been a problem to get one just have to be lucky to get one or keep checking clubs landmarks under history to see what type of takeover they have. Ive never seen the big 3 (Porto, Benfica and Sporting) get a tycoon takeover in Portugal but have seen mid/lower teams in Portugal get them on pervious FMs over the years.

i think i saw it in one of these tycoon threads but a different from could be fm21 some guy said theres atleast 6 countries  i know its definately brazil,denmark,germany,finland  & two others but a guy since then has said german teams can have tycoons so maybe the rules have changed haha would be nice for everyone to have the chance of tycoons but due to fan owned clubs its not possible

I did an Everton save with the points deduction and I was enjoying the struggle, the wheeling and dealing. Then we got the tycoon takeover which ruined it for me personally, not the save I wanted. 

On 25/03/2024 at 22:03, janrzm said:

I did an Everton save with the points deduction and I was enjoying the struggle, the wheeling and dealing. Then we got the tycoon takeover which ruined it for me personally, not the save I wanted. 

thats the save i did   when the recent update came out i thought everton with -6   would be great but they were still -10   so an even better challenge,  what ruined it for me its been since 2017 really is you cant sign wonderkids at 15-16 soon as they come into the game because of these permits & stupid % of matches played   and i really used to enjoy that so englands usually a no go for me
another reason was a guy in a FM group said he had a tycoon so i got excited,i did get a rumour of one from UAE  wanted buy the club for over 900m  but as usual they pulled out ive never had a tycoon ever lol

On 25/03/2024 at 22:03, janrzm said:

Same for me with my Worcester CIty save, I restarted as the tycoon I had wanted immediate success, but was only an underwriter and din't really pump much money into the club. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/03/2024 at 21:28, fc.cadoni said:

Estrela de Amadora CAD had one in my save.

Screenshot_9.thumb.png.2c5294204915344eeed5d99bd7ef0bcc.png

Not sure if they have Chinese board IRL to be honest.

i find this very interesting buddy i checked them on my save & they still have a porteguese staff but check out the date 9/1/2026 theres deffo potential so its 100% confirmed it along with your pic also nice one

tyc.jpg