Full Match Highlights Enjoyers Unite

I just wanted to pop in and see whether there were other managers who like to take a slow, steady approach to the game and play most of their matches on full match. 

I tend to do that quite a bit and it makes the games longer but much more fun and immersive. 

I know people that like to play on Key highlights and i think that's much too wild for me. Curious to find others who prefer to play this way. 

I only ever go as far down as comprehensive, nowadays i play extended though. Mad respect for you to be able to sit through whole 90min of a single match, i'd be fuming if i have to play that slow 

Actually play all matches on comprehensive, always. But then again, i’m also someone who may take the game a bit too seriously and treat it like the irl job i could never get 😅

Setting up every training week manually, doing my own opponent analysis where i watch highlights and analytical data of my opponent’s previously played games or games they’ve played against teams of similar statue lik my own. 

Litterally micro managing about every facet the game has to offer.

Also the reason why it takes me around 90-100 hours to finish just one season… It’s the way I get the most immersion out of playing fm

1 hour ago, Kevinho7 said:

Actually play all matches on comprehensive, always. But then again, i’m also someone who may take the game a bit too seriously and treat it like the irl job i could never get 😅

Setting up every training week manually, doing my own opponent analysis where i watch highlights and analytical data of my opponent’s previously played games or games they’ve played against teams of similar statue lik my own. 

Also the reason why it takes me around 90-100 hours to finish just one season… It’s the way I get the most immersion out of playing fm

How's your winrate doing all of that? Just curious

7 minutes ago, rrreee3 said:

How's your winrate doing all of that? Just curious

I was at 84% after first season with Ajax.

Playing the game this way doesn’t have to mean you win all games ofcourse 😋

I just like this way of immersiveness

I play always on comprehensive but I feel I'm rushing it sometimes. So I'm thinking on going down to Full Match to learn more about my team, tacitcs and football in general. (Also because I want to change carreer IRL to Tactic Analyst, so I hace to start practicing somewhere 😅)

Can one of you full matchers keep a tally of how many throwing happen in the game? On any other highlight level, they always seem to be the start of a match altering moment, but I have long suspected that there are about 37,000 nothing throwins that even comprehensive doesn't show.

Never gone to full match to be fair. Comprehensive is close to perfection for me as the amount of offsides is not causing you grey hairs like it used to do in some previous versions. 

Couldn't even imagine going with extended or key as I like to analyse data and react to things during the games. With less amount of detail it's too much of a guessing game and relying on things to go well. 

I only use key during the pre-season as I don't see any significance in those games but on the other hand don't rely on AI's squad rotation. 

4 hours ago, bosque said:

I play always on comprehensive but I feel I'm rushing it sometimes. So I'm thinking on going down to Full Match to learn more about my team, tacitcs and football in general.

I don't think you can really see how your team really plays unless you watch it on full match. Otherwise you'll miss so much about how your team builds up, or how they react after losing the ball, etc. 

I don't usually watch the entire match, but I'll often switch to Full Match after about 15mins to get an idea of how my team is playing, are they being pressed high, etc. And then make changes based on that and switch back to Comprehensive to play out the match. 

Edited by Bahnzo

6 hours ago, Kevinho7 said:

High five ! 

You play just like i do. LOL !

4 hours ago, bosque said:

I play always on comprehensive but I feel I'm rushing it sometimes. So I'm thinking on going down to Full Match to learn more about my team, tacitcs and football in general. (Also because I want to change carreer IRL to Tactic Analyst, so I hace to start practicing somewhere 😅)

That's the way. 

I strongly believe if you have even a little understanding of how the match engine works tactically, playing on longer highlights makes you harder to beat and makes you regulrly overperform because you have more opportunities to see what's going wrong and make changes. 

On 24/02/2024 at 12:45, crusadertsar said:

Which year do you usually get to?

I've been a 90 minute man since FM04 (3d Dots), I usually get about 5/6 seasons completed per cycle.

I have an added advantage that I am able to play while at work for a solid 8 hours a day, I normally get through 2 matches a day.

I am currently at Jan 27 in this edition which is quite rapid.

image.thumb.png.550ef4f841b98859bfec43f953e21fd9.png

Edited by Os

35 minutes ago, Os said:

I've been a 90 minute man since FM04 (3d Dots), I usually get about 5/6 seasons completed per cycle.

I have an added advantage that I am able to play while at work for a solid 8 hours a day, I normally get through 2 matches a day.

I am currently at Jan 27 in this edition which is quite rapid.

image.thumb.png.550ef4f841b98859bfec43f953e21fd9.png

What do you do for a living Os??

I'm thinking of even doing a MUCH MORE IMMERSIVE slow save when i finally get FM24. 

I'm talking one Game per week. Strategizing for the next game. Reading fan tweets. Hyperfocusing on youth development. 

Watching the opponents last match (or two) on comprehensive to see how they play. 

a truly pedantic experience. 

The works. Lmao. 

Best thing about FM is that you can play it however you want, and when you give it the chance it can be quite the fun football sim. 

Edited by DownTheFrank

22 hours ago, DownTheFrank said:

I'm thinking of even doing a MUCH MORE IMMERSIVE slow save when i finally get FM24. 

I'm talking one Game per week. Strategizing for the next game. Reading fan tweets. Hyperfocusing on youth development. 

Watching the opponents last match (or two) on comprehensive to see how they play. 

a truly pedantic experience. 

The works. Lmao. 

Best thing about FM is that you can play it however you want, and when you give it the chance it can be quite the fun football sim. 

Don't want to burst your bubble, but you do realize that all the fan tweets are the same? Like 1 positive, 1 negative, 1 neutral. Always that same formula after each match :lol:

But totally the best thing about FM is that everyone can play it however they want. 

Edited by crusadertsar

I love Full Match!!! What I like to do these days is play it on full match but speed the game up slightly so a half takes around 20 mins to play out. I definitely make better decisions watching the whole game. Sometimes if it’s a cup game I’m not fussed with, I’ll watch the first half on comp or extended and the second on full. 

Saying all that, if I’m getting spanked like 5-0 or something, it’s going straight onto Key and there’ll be tears, things thrown followed by a rollicking after it. 

1 hour ago, MrManagerMan said:

Saying all that, if I’m getting spanked like 5-0 or something, it’s going straight onto Key and there’ll be tears, things thrown followed by a rollicking after it. 

Yeah, that sounds like me in any highlight option.

On 26/02/2024 at 19:54, crusadertsar said:

Don't want to burst your bubble, but you do realize that all the fan tweets are the same? Like 1 positive, 1 negative, 1 neutral. Always that same formula after each match :lol:

But totally the best thing about FM is that everyone can play it however they want. 

I once found out a player i wanted had a reasonable release clause all from taking a cursory glance at the fan tweets so you never know what gems you can find there ! LOL