Loan offers are really bad

I dont know why but with some players the loan offers are always like this. they dont bid any wage and prommise the lowest game time. is this a bug or im i doing something wrong? 

Edited by TimoVD

This should be more balanced, preferable to a transfer for a low value as a loan is thus unrealistic.
Just like the players we borrow are always returning to their original clubs just because we're not using them in the position they want, as the player is often a starter, that's absurd.

On 23/12/2023 at 15:42, jyny said:

It's a common theme in the game. If you are managing at a club that doesn't need the money just let them, go out to get some playing experience. 

Well the money isnt my problem i want to pay their salary. But the game time... they dont want to higher it. I tried to just let somebody go with a low play time to a club where he was one of the best players and still didnt get any play time.

1 hour ago, TimoVD said:

Well the money isnt my problem i want to pay their salary. But the game time... they dont want to higher it. I tried to just let somebody go with a low play time to a club where he was one of the best players and still didnt get any play time.

If you keep negotiating with them eventually they'll agree I've found. More just annoying that it takes 2, 3, sometimes 4 suggestions that a player should be a squad or regular starter. It makes the developmental list unusable because bids will get outright rejected.

4 hours ago, TimoVD said:

Try negotiating a few times and they'll eventually agree or give up. It's annoying when you keep have to negotiate but it works.

I can negotiate about 70% of the offers to a 100% salary and a fee for playing time, usually one of the highlighted fees like 10 or 20k. The only thing is that it takes time, sometimes there are dozens of offers at the same time and it takes far too long to go through each and every loan offer.

The "fringe player" offer can´t be negotiated, I have tried a few times and all clubs reject it. It is however cosmetic, only in rare instances have I experienced players not getting enough playtime. It seems that the "player status" is actually higher than the bid shows, bug ... me thinks. 

I have put a few on the development list with requirements and have yet to succeed with just one, usually because I set "regular starter" and no club wants that.

The bottom line, fringe player is fine, negotiate the salary and put a fee on playing time only.

I am not bothered about receiving cash. I mean, I offer players for zero P/M contribution and 0% wages. 

It's like, as if in real life championship / league one teams would be like "oh hell no, I'm not signing a really decent player for absolute free". Makes no sense.

Said player is also loan listed, in the reserves, squad status as youngster. 

It's baffling. It has to be a bug as the loan system is definitely broken this year round

1 hour ago, SheffieldThursday said:

I am not bothered about receiving cash. I mean, I offer players for zero P/M contribution and 0% wages. 

It's like, as if in real life championship / league one teams would be like "oh hell no, I'm not signing a really decent player for absolute free". Makes no sense.

Said player is also loan listed, in the reserves, squad status as youngster. 

It's baffling. It has to be a bug as the loan system is definitely broken this year round

I've never known it to be any better on any other version. It's a real lottery. I can often play the waiting game with my best young prospects and get a decent loan move for them but it's really hit and miss. 

I keep getting bombarded with 0% wage, fringe player offers as well. Seems like a bug tbh since these players are standard or good players for the league and I can get full wages/fees and important player from clubs of a similar stature. 

For me, there's an issue with complete inflexibility when it comes to making loan offers.  With transfers, you can get a good bit of negotiation going (at least in FM terms) but for loans, I've yet to find any club that will budge even slightly from where they want to be.  If a player is on a £500 a week contract, and they want, say, 50%, is them getting 40% - which works out at 50 quid less a week - really a problem?  I get that in some cases clubs should be playing hardball, but I don't think I've ever seen a negotiation happen, aside from the cases where a club doesn't want to loan out, but will accept a stupidly enormous offer.  Even then it's rare.

The fringe player status thing is pretty easy to get around, though very tedious. Simply negotiate the wages and squad status you want. On the third round of negotiations, the loaning club will (almost always) agree to Regular Starter status, and the % of wages paid will be increased. If the club don't agree to 100% of wages paid on the third negotiation, they will accept it on the fourth round of negotiation. It's been raised as a bug, and almost definitely is a bug, but if you take the time to negotiate each bid individually, you will eventually get most teams to agree to the terms you originally asked for. Pain in the neck though.

What's worse is that my DOF keeps rejecting these loan bids because of the playing time offered not allowing me to negotiate them up, even when I have taken responsibility over all transfers, loans etc he is still rejecting bids even though they aren't his responsibility. Good players are going to waste because they are not getting playing time to develop.

It is one of the worse bugs I have encountered in over 30 years of playing FM.

Edited by Os

• 2 weeks later...

This falls in the same black hole as roles when loaned. Why in earth would a manager pick up the phone to bug me about my Sweeper Keeper not being a Goalkeeper....?

Dude, a SK ticks all the boxes as a GK, but it is more demanding....?!