Is this Ethical and Honorable?

Lost the Europa final after extra time and penalty shootouts. Advanced the game, it crashed. Reported the bug and restarted FM. Played the same Europa final and this time I won the match easily. Advanced the game, no problems.

Is this a fair development? What would you have done?

Edited by phd_angel

6 minutes ago, phd_angel said:

Lost the Europa final after extra time and penalty shootouts. Advanced the game, it crashed. Reported the bug and restarted FM. Played the same Europa final and his time I won the match easily. Advanced the game, no problems.

If there was no intent on your part, you did nothing wrong, imo. See it as a controversial VAR decision going your way.

47 minutes ago, phd_angel said:

Lost the Europa final after extra time and penalty shootouts. Advanced the game, it crashed. Reported the bug and restarted FM. Played the same Europa final and his time I won the match easily. Advanced the game, no problems.

I had similar things happen to me, too.

I just bit the bullet and reloaded until I had the same result. Having a favourable result after reloading just wasn't the same, even if it was because of a crash.

It’s a single player game you should ask yourself what it should be ask other is like trying to find justification through others.

make up your mind it is your game! don’t let other find excuse for you either way is fine but you know what is right for you. 100 people will have 100 different answer but asking feel like you are trying to fish for the right justification that set your heart at ease to keep the new score. (And most probably because you feel is wrong to begin with and inside you yourself think it’s wrong)

Edited by Ngoc

The fact that you asked a community forum suggests that you are not happy with the outcome.  As was said above, you had no input to the crash so you should just play on- there will be times later in the save when the game will go against you, so just mark it down as a bit of luck.

For me it depends. Would do the same the other way around? I'd say either let all instances of this being down to chance and let the replay decide, or let all instances lead to the original result. As long as you stick to one, no matter if you win or lose, then I think that's fair.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

For me it depends. Would do the same the other way around? I'd say either let all instances of this being down to chance and let the replay decide, or let all instances lead to the original result. As long as you stick to one, no matter if you win or lose, then I think that's fair.

Yes, that has been my solid policy for a while. If FM crashes and I need to play a match again, I accept whatever result comes up. Even if I lose in the rerun, I feel good about it because that's my policy. No forcing of the same result, no cheating.  I wanted to hear from others in the forum...

:kriss:

Edited by phd_angel

Take that title brother. You had no influence or knowledge of the crash. You did what had to be done. Congrats, Champion. 

i do like someones idea of having to “sacrifice” someone aka the guy who missed the pen in the first final! 🤣 sell him!

he may write a tell-all book in 20 yrs about what really happened that final!! Id have him wacked! 🤣 

Edited by Dadecane

1 hour ago, forameuss said:

No, you're quite clearly going to the Hague for what you've done.

Who cares?  Play the game how you like.

I hear ya. No biggie indeed... It's just that spending hundreds of hours throughout the season culminating in a crazy loss and an FM crash is pretty anti-climatic...

:onmehead:

You've not deliberately save scummed and no doubt there will be times where the opposite happens ( I won a penalty shootout 11-10 only to have the game crash and lose the "replay" 4-0).

Congrats on your cup win.