The Manchester United thread 2005/06 - Way Past It's Sell-By Date

Nick OGS20

• Replies 46.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

If the OFT force Glazer to sell the club, it could leave us in an even worse condition than we are in now. Not only will Glazer be able to sell the club at a personal profit, but the new owners will have 'his' debt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How would he sell it at a profit? The price will be the value of the club minus the debt, and no-one will value the club as highly if they know they have to be more prudent with the ticket prices than Glazers plan was.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Emperor Palpatine:

Marlow has nowhere near my staying power when it comes to this kind of caper icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs icon_biggrin.gif stubborn old git icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

If the OFT force Glazer to sell the club, it could leave us in an even worse condition than we are in now. Not only will Glazer be able to sell the club at a personal profit, but the new owners will have 'his' debt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How would he sell it at a profit? The price will be the value of the club minus the debt, and no-one will value the club as highly if they know they have to be more prudent with the ticket prices than Glazers plan was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They will not force him to sell before the start of the season. If forced to sell it would probably be this time next year, in that time some of the debt will have been paid and therefore he would be able to sell the club at a value greater than his personal investment.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Emperor Palpatine:

Marlow has nowhere near my staying power when it comes to this kind of caper icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Scott is my boy icon_cool.gif

keep the USA in the title, please :*)

btw Spector was shat at the WYC v. Italy icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

I'd like to use this beautifully constructed thread to wish myself a happy 23rd birthday.

Cheers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have A Nice Day

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

**** off Jordan angryfire.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>what, I'm not supporting Glazer or anything!

though I must admit, he looks rather fetching in a Man Utd shirt...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SBA:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

I'd like to use this beautifully constructed thread to wish myself a happy 23rd birthday.

Cheers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have A Nice Day </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there some secret offensive text in the italics or something?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

This thread has had more title changes than the artist currently known as the artist currently known as the artist fromerly known as the artist formerly known as the artist formerly known as prince ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Prince ffs?

Is he a Prince tribute act?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Is there some secret offensive text in the italics or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

American saying dude icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SBA:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Is there some secret offensive text in the italics or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

American saying dude icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you ever get so depressed that you're such a boring, monosyllabic moron that you want to hang yourself?

If so, please, do it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

This thread has had more title changes than the artist currently known as the artist currently known as the artist fromerly known as the artist formerly known as the artist formerly known as prince ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Prince ffs?

Is he a Prince tribute act? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No idea. I lost track of what I was doing. I got bored halfway through.

They will not force him to sell before the start of the season. If forced to sell it would probably be this time next year, in that time some of the debt will have been paid and therefore he would be able to sell the club at a value greater than his personal investment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that will be more than offset by the fact that his valuation was based on much higher ticket prices than will be allowed, should he be forced to sell (which i don't think will happen, by the way). It also assumes that he can find a buyer who agrees with his valuation of the club in the first place, which will be hard given how there seem to have been few analysts who agree that his plan was viable.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

why do I like SBA?

is it some weird stockholm syndrome type thing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is he swedish, then? icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Is he swedish, then? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably another one of his weird ideas icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by baronsamedi:

how come the title keeps changing? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We were hoping it would confuse you so you couldn't find the thread again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by baronsamedi:

how come the title keeps changing? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We were hoping it would confuse you so you couldn't find the thread again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, did it work?

Probably another one of his weird ideas icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that's not the worlds most ironic post ever, i'd like to see which one beat it.

If that's not the worlds most ironic post ever, i'd like to see which one beat it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

baronsamedi calling someone else a ****?

It's a close one, admittedly.

lol, did it work? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ANSWER MY (AND MARK'S) POSTS IN THE OTHER THREAD YOU QUESTION DODGING IDIOT.

thanks icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

lol, did it work? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ANSWER MY (AND MARK'S) POSTS IN THE OTHER THREAD YOU QUESTION DODGING IDIOT.

thanks icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have another one icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Just been watching the 7s from Hong Kong, we went out 2-1 in the Quaters to some Aussie team, utterly utterly atrocious defending for their second goal. It was the old pretend to shoot and try and make the defender look silly when they jump into a block, which doesnt work unless your on school play ground. Well it worked and im not sure who it was went to block it and got skinned alive.

Fox scored a penalty for us. The football we played looked pretty dire. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I watched the Villa one the other night. Who was in the side for us?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

If that's not the worlds most ironic post ever, i'd like to see which one beat it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

baronsamedi calling someone else a ****?

It's a close one, admittedly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shut it you ****!

icon_wink.gif

When I first looked at the thread this afternoon it was named the Crumbling Empire Strikes Back (or something to that affect) and after reading it now it sounds like it has had about a dozen name changes since. icon_biggrin.gif

Anyone wanna give a roundup of the various names?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Can we start a new thread? this one is runied </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not ruined. Harwood will grow up at some point and normal service will be resumed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

It's not ruined. Harwood will grow up at some point and normal service will be resumed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might be in for a long wait icon_biggrin.gif

It's not ruined. Harwood will grow up at some point and normal service will be resumed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's 26, with a kid on the way, this is as good as it gets tbh.

Archived