The Manchester United thread 2005/06 - Way Past It's Sell-By Date

Nick OGS20

• Replies 46.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Sealey

Irwin

Blackmore

Bruce

Phelan

Pallister

Robson

Ince

McClair

Hughes

Sharpe

No subs were used! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct! The prize is in the post icon_smile.gif

1. Tim HOWARD

2. Gary NEVILLE

3. Phil NEVILLE

4. Gabriel HEINZE

5. Rio FERDINAND

6. Wesley BROWN

7. Cristiano RONALDO

8. Wayne ROONEY

9. Louis SAHA

10. Ruud VAN NISTELROOY

11. Ryan GIGGS

12. David BELLION

14. Alan SMITH

15. KLEBERSON

16. Roy KEANE

17. Liam MILLER

18. Paul SCHOLES

20. Ole Gunnar SOLSKJAER

21. PARK Ji-Sung

22. John O'SHEA

23. Kieran RICHARDSON

24. Darren FLETCHER

25. Quinton FORTUNE

26. Philip BARDSLEY

27. Mikael SILVESTRE

28. Gerard PIQUE

29. Jonathan SPECTOR

30. Luke STEELE

31. David JONES

33. Christopher EAGLES

35. Paul MCSHANE

36. Mark HOWARD

37. Kenny COOPER

38. Tom HEATON

40. Sylvan EBANKS-BLAKE

41. Floribert N'GALULA

42. Guiseppe ROSSI

43. Philip PICKEN

Looking at that, assuming no-one else leaves, we have 13 and 19 free, as well as loads of numbers above 30. Assume Van Der Sar will get 13?

I'd expect to see Lee Martin get a squad number for this season as well, as well as the returning Eddie Johnson. Obi Mikel as well, if he does end up joining us in the end icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

I believe we've won more individual legs in the knockout stages than ManU have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since '99 or altogether? I can certainly believe the former.

Thing is, you let called chokers because you've struggled in the group stages and generally not made an impression despite trouncing all before you domestically. We've just generally not been good enough :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

I believe we've won more individual legs in the knockout stages than ManU have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can't be too careful in these tricky knock-out European games. Keep it tight. Don't try and score away from home. 4-5-1 etc etc

*Goes to watch Treble video and cry*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by foobR:

That Leverkusen tie hurt so bad

Manchester United Eng Bayer Leverkusen Ger 2-2 1-1 3-3*x

[solskjaer 29, Van Nistelrooij 67pen; Ballack 62, Neuville 75]

[Keane 28; Neuville 45]

x Apr 24 and 30

icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The goals we conceded at OT were awful icon_frown.gif

A non-dwarf keeper would have saved Neuville's shot in the second leg icon_frown.gif

Diego's shot getting headed off the line icon_frown.gif

That seriously stung, that one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

How many and who from the youth team do you guys think will get first team experince this season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hard to tell. If it were up to me, at the very least Rossi, Jones and Spector would see some first-team action, possibly Pique as well, but I suspect they'll be limited mainly to the Cups or will be sent out on loan. Martin, N'Galula, Blake, McShane - all could and should feature in the Carling Cup you'd think.

I guess it's hard to predict now. This time last year what did we know about Rossi and Pique? I'm not sure we'd even signed them, and we certainly weren't expecting to be talking about them with reference to the first team within twelve months. Hopefully we'll be able to pick up a couple of similarly promising young'uns from around Europe this summer.

Will be interesting to see who makes the step up into the Reserve team this season from the Academy as well - the likes of Jami Puustinen, Frazer Campbell, Jonny Evans and so on have a chance to establish themselves this season.

Since '99 or altogether? I can certainly believe the former.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

former

Celta Vigo twice

Bayern once

Valencia once

ManU have beaten Real once, Deportivo twice and...?

That's it icon_frown.gif

(thanks to a Russian linesman....)

Other than the Carling cup I can't see many reserve / youth team players breaking through, maybe Spector has the best chance this season and perhaps Rossi will get a few games, other than that we have to many crap players that are unfortunatley going to be in line before the young players

Any news on any of the pre-season games yet?

I know I'll be trying to get up for the Wigan game and possibly Aston Villa too if I can.

Others will depend on ££

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Emperor Palpatine:

Arsenal one up on Man Utd before a ball is kicked tbh icon_cool.gif

\o/ Mind Games \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

make me a mod so I can play this game icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Emperor Palpatine:

Arsenal one up on Man Utd before a ball is kicked tbh icon_cool.gif

\o/ Mind Games \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, you have to make up for the fact you have a tiny ****.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Martin-You can't win in Europe, you can't win the league without a spark,Fergie's found the answer, and his name is Ji-Sung Park says:

Im really excited and optimistic about this season, had to tell a customer to repeat the mileage on his card 5 times as I listened to the fixtures </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

COME ONE NEW SEASON

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Martin-You can't win in Europe, you can't win the league without a spark,Fergie's found the answer, and his name is Ji-Sung Park says:

Im really excited and optimistic about this season, had to tell a customer to repeat the mileage on his card 5 times as I listened to the fixtures </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

COME ONE NEW SEASON </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Down with rhyming couplet MSN names icon13.gif

Just been watching the 7s from Hong Kong, we went out 2-1 in the Quaters to some Aussie team, utterly utterly atrocious defending for their second goal. It was the old pretend to shoot and try and make the defender look silly when they jump into a block, which doesnt work unless your on school play ground. Well it worked and im not sure who it was went to block it and got skinned alive.

Fox scored a penalty for us. The football we played looked pretty dire.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

COME ONE NEW SEASON </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Down with rhyming couplet MSN names icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's my song icon_cool.gif

Try signing it along to Bruce Springsteen's Dancing In The Dark icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

Come f*cking on new season icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

It's my song icon_cool.gif

Try signing it along to Bruce Springsteen's Dancing In The Dark icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aaaaaaah. *lightbulb goes on overhead* That's pretty good.

(Its no Danny Pugh song, mind...)

/me thinks BBB is on her period icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't mean to upset you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

So many posts already.

I missed the thread title before it got changed aswell. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was the current one minus the name of a certain American.

Archived