[FM24][HELP]Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

32 minutes ago, Ricketts147 said:

Really stuggling with the match panels again this year!

OK, so ive managed to get this far with lots of trail and error and thought i'd finally cracked it....

But, now the screens stay solid and I cant see any of the highlights (unless I manually click the scoreboard area, and then reclick after the highlight to bring my match panels back)

Which file/code do I need to alter for me to see the highlights automatically/make the match panels transparent during highlights.

I hope this makes sense and thank you for all the help I ask for every year!!

matchpic1.jpg

nothing happends if you click the "tablet" button, right bottom just next to the sub button ?

also check the preferences, if the tablet option is ticked

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, porivs said:

I wish you could tell me which code it is, man, I've been dealing with this for 2 days.

I wish i could too.

But the 1st link i gave you have a step by step guide to which file to edit, and which line to inset where

we all spend tons of hours on trial and errors when learning and making, it's part of the skinning world, so get used to it if you want to change the skin to your liking

32 minutes ago, snowofman said:

nothing happends if you click the "tablet" button, right bottom just next to the sub button ?

also check the preferences, if the tablet option is ticked

Thanks for your reply.

If I click the tablet button yes I can see the highlights, but I manually have to do this, and then reclick after the highlights to return to in between highlights...

Ive looked in preferences and cant see a 'tablet option' tick box?

Edited by Ricketts147

17 minutes ago, Ricketts147 said:

Thanks for your reply.

If I click the tablet button yes I can see the highlights, but I manually have to do this, and then reclick after the highlights to return to in between highlights...

Ive looked in preferences and cant see a 'tablet option' tick box?

it's called "show information popup between match highlights" and it needs to be ticked

then the tablet will popup when there is no highlight

you'll find it under match in the preferences

16 minutes ago, calvg said:

What's the name of the third listed colour 

So 
Primary 

Secondary 

and......

tertiary seems to be a fixed colour not related to item

There is no dynamic third colour, unfortunately

Hello, 

I'm new here and I'm not a real skin maker.

to be honest, I am just customizing a simple one for my use. (and to do some tests)

I have a few questions, mostly concerning the views section (for the moment I'm concentrating on the team squad).
I've looked but can't find a solution anywhere, maybe it's just not possible. 
I've created specific views and I'd like to be able to add separators.
if i decide to do so afterwards, it automatically creates a copy of the view and i don't think that's very nice :(
but since I don't see any skins with this kind of separator, I'm thinking it might not be possible.

the other question is the difference between "<record" and "<flags".
when should you use one or the other?

for example, here's a snippet from team squad.xml

<record id="Pcmp" width="30"/> 																					
<record id="Pmor" width="25" alignment="centre,can_scale" auto_hide_priority="5000" label_disabled="true"/>
<flags id="POvR" width="60" auto_hide_priority="4"/>
<record id="Poap" width="35" auto_hide_priority="4" /> 		

thank you for your answers

1 minute ago, corly said:

I'm thinking it might not be possible.

Correct

1 minute ago, corly said:

the other question is the difference between "<record" and "<flags".

Record allows you to edit the line basically. For example personality looks like this,

<flags id="PPst" /> vs <record id="PPst" colour="yellow" style="bold"/>

image.thumb.png.b9e2be2c5375326b4e48ae69841918b7.png image.thumb.png.f264a2d6ddbef4ff99ce7eafb3d58ff1.png

9 hours ago, snowofman said:

it's called "show information popup between match highlights" and it needs to be ticked

then the tablet will popup when there is no highlight

you'll find it under match in the preferences

Thank you that has sorted it!

Been playing this since the old CM days and struggle each year to get things right.  But thanks to the help from everyone on here I always get there in the end!

Massive Thanks

4 minutes ago, Ricketts147 said:

Thank you that has sorted it!

Been playing this since the old CM days and struggle each year to get things right.  But thanks to the help from everyone on here I always get there in the end!

Massive Thanks

you're welcome - glad you sorted it out

Il y a 11 heures, TCSSkin a dit :

Correct

Record allows you to edit the line basically. For example personality looks like this,

<flags id="PPst" /> vs <record id="PPst" colour="yellow" style="bold"/>

image.thumb.png.b9e2be2c5375326b4e48ae69841918b7.png image.thumb.png.f264a2d6ddbef4ff99ce7eafb3d58ff1.png

thank you for your answer :)

1 hour ago, caoxide said:

Is there a way to set different default squad views for different types of teams in the team squad panel? ie: my regular squad view for clubs, national team view for national/youth national teams

no, you can only have 1 default view

4 hours ago, minchia said:

Does anyone know why the colour of this font is so dark? Is there anyway to fix this? thanks in advance

Screenshot 2023-12-17 192540.png

try and look for this in your settings file or add them and pick the wanted colour

<colour name="result score" 							value="fg"/>
<colour name="result aggregate" 						value="fg alpha" />

4 hours ago, minchia said:

Does anyone know why the colour of this font is so dark? Is there anyway to fix this? thanks in advance

Screenshot 2023-12-17 192540.png

to add to what Snow said, that looks like the default missing font file, so you'll have to check what font the file is using

I use a bunch of custom tactical styles and have spent the last couple of days trying to figure out a way to change them from the match screen like mentality, shouts, instructions, etc. After looking through some custom skins and the extracted files from the game, I found the tactics tactical style popup panel and tried to replicate how other button/icons were handled in TCS's match console quick tactics panel. The furthest I got was when I copied how shouts were coded. I got the correct button at the bottom and it pops up properly. The problem is the custom tactical styles aren't there and when you load them, they disappear immediately. They do still show up correctly when you enter the tactics and subs screen. I have reached the end of my meager skinning skills. Does anyone have any advice on changes I could make to get it to work or additional places I could look for code to use?  Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

<!-- TACTICAL STYLE -->
                    <widget class="widget_popup_button" id="CuST" popup_alignment="right,top" widget_type="tactics_tactical_style_popup_panel" icon="icons/16px/team talk" alignment="centre" icon_alignment="centre" secondary_icon_alignment="centre"  auto_size="horizontal" default_focus="true" font="title" colour="text" size="small" appearance="buttons/custom/over state only/button">
                        <record id="modal_popup_properties">
                            <boolean id="darkened" value="false" />
                            <boolean id="attempt_to_reposition" value="true" />
                        </record>
                        <record id="widget_properties">
                            <string id="file" value="tactics/tactics tactical style popup panel" />
                        </record>
                        <translation id="text" translation_id="466516" type="use" value="Tactical Styles[COMMENT: FR 23334; tactics panel; tactical styles popup; table heading for custom styles list]" />
                    </widget>    

Tactical Styles.png

tactics tactical style popup panel.xml

26 minutes ago, johnwalker said:

Can anyone tell me what controls the colour of the player stat overview buttons please?

image.png.b535c60f48020146fe8d75aa4016bc96.png

switches/custom/competition stats/pitch/button

can be found here
sitoolkit\skins\fm-widgets\graphics\switches\custom\competition stats\pitch

Does anyone know how to, or has seen someone else find and surface in a view, the average training rating value for a player? I have set players a target to attain an average training rating, I can only see the value of their current average rating when receive the inbox item with the targets and promises update. Then can see via an info pop-up on each player's target's progress row.

I've scoured the person properties xml and can only find the current training rating, is the game calculating and storing an average training rating for every player? If it is this would be great data to evaluate your squad's application in training over the course of a season.

avgtrnrtnginbx.png

crnttrnrtg.png

Edited by Woolrich
Photos for context of where i see current and average training rating

26 minutes ago, Orange2000 said:

hi again. Strange question maybe and maybe wrong forum. Is it possible to go on holiday for a long but fixed period? By default you can go up for 5 years or indefinitely. But for example  i want to stop at 2050 year automatically. Is it skin related or hardcoded?

Hardcoded, i dont recall seeing anywhere you can change it, but i might be wrong

On 18/12/2023 at 01:14, rhino06 said:

looking to change the fields shown in the highlighted spots, I couldn't find the corresponding code in any of the pop up related xmls. 

image.png

Could you tell the name of the skin, else it's gonna be hard for those who having looked at every skin , including me to help

1 hour ago, DawidFM said:

How to put player picture in middle?

obraz.png.bf629352edf5bff6dfaa5653022611cd.png

set the alignment to centre or centre_x - but it all depends on how the container is made, and as said in the previous answer to your question, without knowing the skin it's hard to help

There was a strange issue.

I'd got into the person properties.xml to edit the "PcOI" widget from heart icon to donut and percentage the code like this:

person.png.5ee513aab35b5ade97cfa60934352050.png

And it works for the match team squad when match day:

match.png.610e78554b5e21675042cc410771e949.png

But in the squad overview panel, it doesn't work!

team.png.b161ac45fcacde382cb5ee1132b9936d.png

But the codes in these two files (match team squad.xml and team squad.xml) are same! It's no make sense!

matchteam.png.0b8c996623e39f3c0e9cc348121b5161.png

teamsquard.png.49a37a2e96b8c40a58f6ba314318dfec.png

一小时前, yuanding说:

There was a strange issue.

I'd got into the person properties.xml to edit the "PcOI" widget from heart icon to donut and percentage the code like this:

person.png.5ee513aab35b5ade97cfa60934352050.png

And it works for the match team squad when match day:

match.png.610e78554b5e21675042cc410771e949.png

But in the squad overview panel, it doesn't work!

team.png.b161ac45fcacde382cb5ee1132b9936d.png

But the codes in these two files (match team squad.xml and team squad.xml) are same! It's no make sense!

matchteam.png.0b8c996623e39f3c0e9cc348121b5161.png

teamsquard.png.49a37a2e96b8c40a58f6ba314318dfec.png

OK, I think I touched the root cause. It's by the person properties, in below codes in shadow.

2023-12-2012_41_59.png.967231e7d72135da9b5e5bdc0662195a.png

when the mode=0 or 1, it works on team squad but match:

2023-12-2012_39_58.thumb.png.294a48856bf56d625e2dbd5d6cce3428.png

2023-12-2012_39_37.png.bc58e303b053fa85474039c98f097761.png

when the mode=2, it works on match  but team squad:

2023-12-2012_35_39.thumb.png.dd7840812fd27845094f5aec1fa3f766.png

2023-12-2012_35_15.thumb.png.5bd46084a845f0ef6f9f49dd90c269d9.png

So, who guys can tell me what the mode means and how to set mode to match both of the two scenarios?  Million thanks for that!

一小时前, yuanding说:

OK, I think I touched the root cause. It's by the person properties, in below codes in shadow.

2023-12-2012_41_59.png.967231e7d72135da9b5e5bdc0662195a.png

when the mode=0 or 1, it works on team squad but match:

2023-12-2012_39_58.thumb.png.294a48856bf56d625e2dbd5d6cce3428.png

2023-12-2012_39_37.png.bc58e303b053fa85474039c98f097761.png

when the mode=2, it works on match  but team squad:

2023-12-2012_35_39.thumb.png.dd7840812fd27845094f5aec1fa3f766.png

2023-12-2012_35_15.thumb.png.5bd46084a845f0ef6f9f49dd90c269d9.png

So, who guys can tell me what the mode means and how to set mode to match both of the two scenarios?  Million thanks for that!

YEAH! I sovled it!

How to make such a structure? Am I doing the right thing?

image.png.66dc641b10066c9d4ec24e80ac18c522.pngimage.png.fc5f821ecd3665ba2e562b6fa90b3d40.png

Спойлер
<container class="main_transparent_box_no_margin" width="180" >
	<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="-1,-1" offset="0" gap="10" />	
	<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="10" />

<widget class="stadium_button" id="stad" auto_size="all"  navigation_focus_target="false" size="9" font="title" alignment="left,can_scale" offset="-5">
					<layout class="centre_in_parent_attachment" alignment="all" />
					<translation id="no_object_text" translation_id="227505" type="use" value="Unknown Stadium"/>
					<string id="format" value="[%stadium#1-short]" />
					<record id="object_property" get_property="stad" />
			</widget>

<container>	
		<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1,-1" offset="0" gap="10" />
			<widget class="city_label" id="namL" alignment="left,can_scale" style="bold" colour="white" size="8" font="title">
				<record id="object_property">
					<integer id="get_property" value="SctI" />
				</record>
			</widget> 

<!--attendance-->
		<container>
			<attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange_vertical_autosize" horizontal_alignment="middle" />
			<widget class="label" auto_size="all">
				<translation id="text" translation_id="247242" type="use" value="Attendance" />
			</widget>
			<widget class="number_label" auto_size="all">
				<record id="object_property" get_property="FxEA" dont_set_hint="true" />
			</widget>
		</container>

</container>	
</container> 

Edited by bahmet