Book of Roles - PDF Guide

7 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aujhci2akxskg51/Book Of Roles.pdf?dl=0

Here it is, there is another guide coming. Finally got the juices flowing, had reached a bit of a deadspace for the last few weeks cos I lost someone dear to me, so apologies for taking so long.

You Sir are my Football Manager hero (got to be said Cleon as well). You are the main reason I still enjoy playing FM over fo the last few years because everything you write and your videos about makes it so easy for people like myself to get a grip with the game and enjoy it. So thank you  @Rashidi

16 minutes ago, bezzy1970 said:

You Sir are my Football Manager hero (got to be said Cleon as well). You are the main reason I still enjoy playing FM over fo the last few years because everything you write and your videos about makes it so easy for people like myself to get a grip with the game and enjoy it. So thank you  @Rashidi

Apart from Cleon, there are very few other content creators out there I trust. Having said that none of us are perfect, so if there is ANYTHING that strikes you as odd, always ask on these forums and people can point you in the right direction, @Cleon and I could kick the bucket, there is always someone who has the right information or can point you in the direction of one who might.

7 hours ago, Rashidi said:

Quite a few people have asked me for an updated Book of Roles guide, there are some minor changes to roles that I will reflect in the guide and the key differences I find between certain roles. The guide also captures how these roles can move in your tactical systems. Expect to see the guide later.  Each year I also release several guides instead of starting long threaded discussions here, simply because they eventually get lost in the conversations on the forum.  The upcoming guide will focus on: mentality, role and duty selection, analysing systems. I will use several formations to explain how I break down the transitions and why I make certain tweaks. 

I plan to cover a broad range of systems from Jupp Heyncke's Bayern, positional play etc. So if anyone wants something specific covered please let me know in this thread. While I will gather feedback from everyone, I can't guarantee every request will be covered.

As far as training is concerned, the last training guide that I wrote with editorial input from SI, that also included the mentoring section from Cleon will not be updated because training is essentially the same. As long as you follow a balanced training schedule things work as expected. There are no magic training systems that will give you 4% year on year growth. If any does its a fluke that lasts.....a really short time. 

FM23
Main Changes
- Wingbacks - do not dribble more as a locked instruction.  This role can be used in any system and a detailed explanation is in the guide.

Great Great read👏👏👏 @Rashidi
Four questions after reading the PDF. When playing 4231DM with Milan.

1) A pairing with Regista and SVs would be great. Even if I play slightly higher tempo and short passing?

2) Is FBs a better choice when playing behind IFa and IWa, than WBs ?

3) For my lone striker I chance between AF, PFs and CFs. Which do you recommend?

4) And finally the AMC. Treq, AMC, SS or APs or APa ?

Thanks. 

23 minutes ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

Great Great read👏👏👏 @Rashidi
Four questions after reading the PDF. When playing 4231DM with Milan.

1) A pairing with Regista and SVs would be great. Even if I play slightly higher tempo and short passing?

2) Is FBs a better choice when playing behind IFa and IWa, than WBs ?

3) For my lone striker I chance between AF, PFs and CFs. Which do you recommend?

4) And finally the AMC. Treq, AMC, SS or APs or APa ?

Thanks. 

You should try them out, a lot of times in this game their attributes and traits dictate what will happen. Perhaps your regista has 18 stamina and 20 work rate he could play differently.  Ultimately you should consider how these roles move and make your own decisions, by trying them out in a game to see if that is the kind of movement you want.

On 03/12/2022 at 21:20, Rashidi said:

You should try them out, a lot of times in this game their attributes and traits dictate what will happen. Perhaps your regista has 18 stamina and 20 work rate he could play differently.  Ultimately you should consider how these roles move and make your own decisions, by trying them out in a game to see if that is the kind of movement you want.

Do I missing something ? Where is wide center back role ?

• 2 weeks later...

@Rashidi i have read at least all in your pdf file and i have some questions.

• In some roles you mention FM19 instead of FM23. Do they need an update or they didn't have any change from that version until now?

• How you determine the moves and all of the information about roles?

• Images with positioning of specific roles are from FM23 or from previous years?

• It will be very helpful if you write down roles combination so we will understand in better way the style of play.

Edited by dzek

3 hours ago, dzek said:

In some roles you mention FM19 instead of FM23. Do they need an update or they didn't have any change from that version until now?

Didnt change.
- Watching the game, and discussing it with some people internally.
- Where the role hasn't changed its from previous years, unless its changed then its revised.
- Role combinations don't work in isolation. For example the IF/Mezz is my favorite combo in the game, but to get it to work well I sometimes use a DM(S) and other times I use an underlap.  

I much rather see people discuss what their favorite combos are. Everyone will have a different spin on what they like/dislike.

10 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

Didnt change.
- Watching the game, and discussing it with some people internally.
- Where the role hasn't changed its from previous years, unless its changed then its revised.
- Role combinations don't work in isolation. For example the IF/Mezz is my favorite combo in the game, but to get it to work well I sometimes use a DM(S) and other times I use an underlap.  

I much rather see people discuss what their favorite combos are. Everyone will have a different spin on what they like/dislike.

I understand but SI mention here underneath PLAYER DECISION ENHANCEMENTS that they change/improve some roles: 

"We have also made improvements to a few player roles and how they position on the pitch - for example, the Winger role is now better at consistently offering width in attack. In midfield, tweaks for advanced roles, namely Mezzala, Advanced Playmaker and Central Midfielders on Attack duty, will position them higher in the half-spaces during build-up play in certain formations, such as 4-3-3."

As I can see in your pdf, you didn't mention these changes, thats why i asked if your article is outdated. About roles combination i like your example. It will give us a little bit clearance about roles and movement in different style of playing and it will more easy to choose better roles for our playing style.

• 5 months later...
On 03/12/2022 at 15:19, Rashidi said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aujhci2akxskg51/Book Of Roles.pdf?dl=0

Here it is, there is another guide coming. Finally got the juices flowing, had reached a bit of a deadspace for the last few weeks cos I lost someone dear to me, so apologies for taking so long.

Unfortunately does not include the new role WCB .

• 6 months later...
В 03.12.2022 в 13:46, Rashidi сказал:

Quite a few people have asked me for an updated Book of Roles guide, there are some minor changes to roles that I will reflect in the guide and the key differences I find between certain roles. The guide also captures how these roles can move in your tactical systems. Expect to see the guide later.  Each year I also release several guides instead of starting long threaded discussions here, simply because they eventually get lost in the conversations on the forum.  The upcoming guide will focus on: mentality, role and duty selection, analysing systems. I will use several formations to explain how I break down the transitions and why I make certain tweaks. 

I plan to cover a broad range of systems from Jupp Heyncke's Bayern, positional play etc. So if anyone wants something specific covered please let me know in this thread. While I will gather feedback from everyone, I can't guarantee every request will be covered.

As far as training is concerned, the last training guide that I wrote with editorial input from SI, that also included the mentoring section from Cleon will not be updated because training is essentially the same. As long as you follow a balanced training schedule things work as expected. There are no magic training systems that will give you 4% year on year growth. If any does its a fluke that lasts.....a really short time. 

FM23
Main Changes
- Wingbacks - do not dribble more as a locked instruction.  This role can be used in any system and a detailed explanation is in the guide.   

This updated guide turned out to be quite good. Although now my attention is focused on correcting and completing all the tasks. Therefore, I connected a service that can solve my issues quickly and efficiently  on https://assignmentbro.com/ca/do-my-assignment This is very important for me, since my future academic performance may depend on it.

Thank you for sharing this!

Edited by PaulReed

• 4 months later...