John Barnes

Coulthard's Jaw

1 hour ago, themadsheep2001 said:

The US have always had a gun problem. But they have a federal government that is actively doing its best to go after it. Brett you brought this up, so if you genuinely cared you'd know this, you'd also know their hands are tied at state levels, they can only really put pressure on at a federal level and even then they are going to struggle a bit with the house reps being red. It's a massive false equivalence because they want to something about it whereas Qatar (and previously Russia) did not hence no political pushback. You complain people have a dog at you, but stuff like this is exactly why. They aren't stupid and see straight through the ********. 

Actually, I complained about the karma farming digs with no other intention to engage, like yet another one from CC up above. I don't care about people calling me out on something if they actually offer some kind of retort, such as yours. I don't care much for CJ's transparent attempt though.

I reckon people would have the same objections towards the US hosting a World Cup if they won the rights to it the same way as Qatar did. Its not like there are no visual gestures against what happens in the US within football either, its where the whole Black Lives Matters taking the knee campaign came from. If Trump was still in charge by the time the World Cup came about and he was telling those in charge not to allow players to take the knee in the same way he did with the NFL, you bet there'd be nations acting the same way towards him like they have been Qatar. 

1 hour ago, brett.spurs said:

Actually, I complained about the karma farming digs with no other intention to engage, like yet another one from CC up above. I don't care about people calling me out on something if they actually offer some kind of retort, such as yours. I don't care much for CJ's transparent attempt though.

They aren't farming, they're sick of the way you post, and if it gets loads of likes it's because loads of people are sick of the way you post. I've removed CCs name from your post. That's a perfect example. 

5 minutes ago, The_jagster said:

That was almost certainly the case for a recent post against Brett

Neither the post in this thread, nor the one he complained about before were done for "karma farming".

They were purely done to show my own personal disdain for a user who has chosen to be deliberately contrarian and antagonistic in their most recent time on the boards.

4 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

The US have always had a gun problem. But they have a federal government that is actively doing its best to go after it. Brett you brought this up, so if you genuinely cared you'd know this, you'd also know their hands are tied at state levels, they can only really put pressure on at a federal level and even then they are going to struggle a bit with the house reps being red. It's a massive false equivalence because they want to something about it whereas Qatar (and previously Russia) did not hence no political pushback. You complain people have a dog at you, but stuff like this is exactly why. They aren't stupid and see straight through the ********. 

Surely that means that actions/gestures/messages of the nations attending that WC in the US would be much more effectice there then. In Qatar they cannot change anything, while what you described about the US means that there is a thin line and any extra help can actually help to solve the problem. 

9 minutes ago, outlander said:

Surely that means that actions/gestures/messages of the nations attending that WC in the US would be much more effectice there then. In Qatar they cannot change anything, while what you described about the US means that there is a thin line and any extra help can actually help to solve the problem. 

Well, no, for the reasons stated 

29 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Well, no, for the reasons stated 

I honestly don't get it. You said that government tries to solve this gun problem and the main hurdles are at the state level. So, why shouldn't other countries protest about those states preventing of getting rid of the archaic gun laws? 

If major(and minor) countries speak out, that might change the stance of those states.