*Official* Football Manager 2023 Mobile Feedback Thread

23 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Should still be present - you have to enable it in the starting configuration section of the preferences - which is only available BEFORE you load a save game which might be why you didn't find it?
image.thumb.png.3e3c89fd562f6a2ee9e5a11b1572a6db.png

Thanks, I’ve found this screen now. Does this only apply to new saves? (As it says starting configuration). When I toggle it it doesn’t apply to my existing save unfortunately 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Should still be present - you have to enable it in the starting configuration section of the preferences - which is only available BEFORE you load a save game which might be why you didn't find it?
image.thumb.png.3e3c89fd562f6a2ee9e5a11b1572a6db.png

Oh found it now! Sorry. Thanks for your help 

• SI Staff
15 hours ago, playerone said:

Thanks, I’ve found this screen now. Does this only apply to new saves? (As it says starting configuration). When I toggle it it doesn’t apply to my existing save unfortunately 

I'll check later today (its 6am here presently) - it might do, but I'm not 100% certain.

• SI Staff
59 minutes ago, SSolas said:

@Marc Vaughan - Hope this finds you well, Will the end of Jan Transfer window update be the next one? 😁

We don't announce timelines or plans for updates - simply because sometimes something comes up which causes us to do a minor update to address a feature, there will be a transfer window update in due course, but as to when and if it'll be the next one I can't commit to (sorry).

Just now, Marc Vaughan said:

We don't announce timelines or plans for updates - simply because sometimes something comes up which causes us to do a minor update to address a feature, there will be a transfer window update in due course, but as to when and if it'll be the next one I can't commit to (sorry).

Really appreciate your honesty. Makes sense when you put it like that. Thank you for your time 😊👍

On 16/01/2023 at 14:27, Marc Vaughan said:

Marc, is there going to be a change to the mentorship programs. I got Guido Carillon for his 17 aerial stats but he couldn't improve two young forwards heading attributes in two seasons. They preferred improving their Leadership which is 14 for Guido.

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Gravely Horde said:

Marc, is there going to be a change to the mentorship programs. I got Guido Carillon for his 17 aerial stats but he couldn't improve two young forwards heading attributes in two seasons. They preferred improving their Leadership which is 14 for Guido.

I'll check on this and tweak if I think its needed - however, the higher someones stat is the harder it is to improve it, especially for physical stats - the number of people with 'maxed' out levels of such stats is fairly rare (esp. for physical stats) and 17 is pretty darn good, simply put its not guaranteed that they'll always improve in the area you want.

6 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I'll check on this and tweak if I think its needed - however, the higher someones stat is the harder it is to improve it, especially for physical stats - the number of people with 'maxed' out levels of such stats is fairly rare (esp. for physical stats) and 17 is pretty darn good, simply put its not guaranteed that they'll always improve in the area you want.

Thanks for getting back to me. You kind of misinterpreted what I meant.

I got a 30 year old forward with aerial stats of 17 mentor two young forwards(both are 18 years) with aerial stats of 9 and 8 respectively. Two seasons in, the young forwards have managed to boost their leadership rating from below 10 to 15 and 16. The 30 year old mentoring them  doesn't even have his Leadership stat that high. 

Their Aerial stats didn't improve at all but the Leadership stat did.

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, Gravely Horde said:

Thanks for getting back to me. You kind of misinterpreted what I meant.

I got a 30 year old forward with aerial stats of 17 mentor two young forwards(both are 18 years) with aerial stats of 9 and 8 respectively. Two seasons in, the young forwards have managed to boost their leadership rating from below 10 to 15 and 16. The 30 year old mentoring them  doesn't even have his Leadership stat that high. 

Their Aerial stats didn't improve at all but the Leadership stat did.

Ok thanks - that makes more sense as an issue to investigate, I'm on holiday for the next two weeks (technically I am on holiday presently - I'm just not very good at them ;) ) but I'll try and take a peek when I get a chance.

21 hours ago, Afganitia said:

Are Spanish reserve (B) teams broken? Players never seem to improve even when they play in second division. 

Send the young players with potential to improve on loan to other teams. The reserve system in England and Spain rewards players the same way despite the Spanish one's playing in a senior league. The players hardly improve cos they complain of not playing even when they play 50+ games for the reserve team.

You can stock up your reserve team with aged players on a free contract like Musacchio, Arias, Labyad, Ghoulam, Gnagnon, Radoja e.t.c. to avoid your reserve team getting relegated.

hace 20 horas, Gravely Horde dijo:

Send the young players with potential to improve on loan to other teams. The reserve system in England and Spain rewards players the same way despite the Spanish one's playing in a senior league. The players hardly improve cos they complain of not playing even when they play 50+ games for the reserve team.

You can stock up your reserve team with aged players on a free contract like Musacchio, Arias, Labyad, Ghoulam, Gnagnon, Radoja e.t.c. to avoid your reserve team getting relegated.

Thanks for the info. Not gonna lie, that's a major oversight from the developers part. 

On 21/01/2023 at 13:14, Marc Vaughan said:

Ok.

Marc, can you have a look at the scroll options in the player search result screen. When going through the general info of teams, there is a button for next and previous team which makes it easier to navigate.

Can this method be applied to the player search result screen .e.g. Let's say I searched for RB's, I have to click on a player result, return to the menu, click on another and repeat this step which is tedious. I will appreciate it if when I click on a player, there is a next/previous player option on the player screen in searches. This option is available when navigating through my own players in the tactics screen.

Also, I've waited years for SI to solve the issue of not being able to send scouts to Spain, Portugal and European countries in the Southwest. A manual search has to be conducted. Can you list the countries available under each continent options. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve reported dozens of issues I consider bugs but he below are some points that i’ve thought of for many versions of the game. If they’d be addressed I would enjoy the game even more stay with it longer after initial release. The development hub has been a great boost in this regard so I hope similar steps are made ahead

• The match ratings for CMs are generally too low compared to other positions
  • Potential ratings are too easily affected by low average rating. This is an issue often when trying to integrate young players into the team through shorter appearances since subs struggle to get more than 6’s consistently. It is a weird way to judge a youngsters potential when they start seeing senior football.
  • Assistant will always push for players to go on loan rather than to play for the reserve team. There should be a balance where the reserve team is sometimes a better choice.
  • Player reputation and value shows poor growth in reserves and lower divisions while foreign leagues of low quality boosts it much more.
  • There are too few late bloomers in the game since potential is set from the beginning and rarely misjudged by skilled scouts.
  • AI ran clubs makes so many ill-judged transfers for positions where there is little need and often don’t try to integrate new players they spent huge sums for.
  • When choosing not to use real players the entire players should be randomized, not just the names.
  • Option to choose a larger database to get more prominent players from leagues not selected (should be feasible for newer devices).
Edited by Shanamaj

• SI Staff
On 05/02/2023 at 13:37, Shanamaj said:

I’ve reported dozens of issues I consider bugs but he below are some points that i’ve thought of for many versions of the game. If they’d be addressed I would enjoy the game even more stay with it longer after initial release. The development hub has been a great boost in this regard so I hope similar steps are made ahead

• The match ratings for CMs are generally too low compared to other positions

I'll go through each of your points in turn - with regards to this, some positions do tend to score slightly higher than others for ratings as in real-life, ie. goalkeepers and central defenders are more rarely 'man of the match' than strikers ... this doesn't affect their development in the game (or anything else) as this is taken into account.

• Potential ratings are too easily affected by low average rating. This is an issue often when trying to integrate young players into the team through shorter appearances since subs struggle to get more than 6’s consistently. It is a weird way to judge a youngsters potential when they start seeing senior football.

This is intentional - judging a players potential isn't easy and a player seen as a wonderkid can quickly become a nobody in the game and irl ... for example Aaron Connolly at Brighton surged onto the scene scoring two goals in his first match against spurs and was seen as a hot young striker ... a few seasons later he's being loaned out and is nowhere near first team contention. So in essence 5* potentially initially, somewhat lower probably now?

Evan Ferguson has started hotly this season at a young age for Brighton, but time will tell if he can keep his focus and good attitude long-term. 

• Assistant will always push for players to go on loan rather than to play for the reserve team. There should be a balance where the reserve team is sometimes a better choice.

In general if a player is thought to be mature enough to handle the pressure of competitive matches then irl often they're sent out on loan because there are things which most people understand can only be learnt by playing in matches which 'matter' above and beyond a reserve basis.

I do agree however that assistants might be a tad too enthusiastic about this and I'll look at balancing that with some suggesting that a player might be better suited to the reserves until he matures a little in some circumstances.

• Player reputation and value shows poor growth in reserves and lower divisions while foreign leagues of low quality boosts it much more.

I'll take a look - any specific leagues/situations you can think of?

• There are too few late bloomers in the game since potential is set from the beginning and rarely misjudged by skilled scouts.

This actually isn't always the case at all - although its not something I particularly 'mention' a lot publicly, players don't always have a fixed potential - if a player with high potential gets a really serious injury sometimes their potential will swap with another random youngster who is playing well which can ramp up player heavily and cause a 'late bloomer' to occur.

• AI ran clubs makes so many ill-judged transfers for positions where there is little need and often don’t try to integrate new players they spent huge sums for.

This is something I'm constantly tweaking and trying to improve, again if you have saves containing specific instances then please by all means send them in to us.

• When choosing not to use real players the entire players should be randomized, not just the names.

It isn't just the names which are randomised at all, although the overall standard of teams is kept the same to keep the simulation sane.

• Option to choose a larger database to get more prominent players from leagues not selected (should be feasible for newer devices).

I try and keep the game as simple to setup and play as possible - while it might be feasible to do this it'd further complicate the setup of the game and 'simple and easy to setup and use' is what I'm aiming at with FMM (sorry).

On 13/02/2023 at 17:07, Marc Vaughan said:

I try and keep the game as simple to setup and play as possible - while it might be feasible to do this it'd further complicate the setup of the game and 'simple and easy to setup and use' is what I'm aiming at with FMM (sorry).

Sorry but this is totally wrong in my opinion. We should have the option to choose how many leagues/nations we want to have. The only thing that will lead to is longer loading times when first loading the save (our choice tho) and certainly is not going to 'complicate' the game, which is already the most complex manager game available. It is not the best way to give up on a top league just to be able to buy Schjelderup at the start of your save. We should also be able to give up on certain leagues, as instead of having 3th or 4th english tier when managing in italy we could have an extra nation with playable league. This could revamp the whole FMM experience tbh. 

I gotta say I'd love to get the granularity back with selecting which leagues are loaded. Ie being able to load England from L2 upwards, and then only the top level from Italy, Spain and France, etc as you could in the past. I don't like having to load lots of players I'll never use (like VNL players, Serie C players, etc).

I understand the need to keep things simple for most users, but this could be one of those things where the interface remains exactly as it is (so not confusing to normal users), but is enhanced so that power users can select which leagues they want. For example, with the current interface, pressing England selects that nation for inclusion. It wouldn't be too intrusive for most users if long pressing England popped up a league selection dialog. More complicated for you to develop and support yes, but not more complicated for the average user. 🤞

Thanks Marc for the elaborate responses! I understand some of the background mechanisms much better now.

When it comes to the cases where you seek examples I’ll report it next time I see something representative.

I do agree with above posters that loading more famous players and wonderkids would really enhance the experience, and it wouldn’t be so hard to hide that from casual users by mechanisms we find in other games in the series - such as indicating performance impact of a large selection or if that’s infeasible at least expand the number of players loaded from non-selected leagues a bit further without additional options presented.

Good to hear there are mechanisms for potentials to shift mid-game, I would enjoy it being a more frequent event though as I’ve never encountered a Luca Toni or James Vardy while playing.

I still think the ratings in midfield and *-impact from youths trying out senior football still needs tweaking. Even global superstars struggle to get 7 average rating as CM’s currently, while a player like Endrick would still be considered a wonderkid even if he were to start his Real Madrid career with some brief substitutions of little impact.

Using fake players really only does change the names for me. Trying it out with Real Madrid in career mode now for example I find a 35 year old AP from Croatia and one 31 year old AP from Germany along with a Belgian star keeper, a versatile Austrian defender etc. If there are small alterations of attributes or positions I might have missed that, but it doesn’t really give another game experience if it just shows what the game would look like with no real name licenses for players. I’d love to play an “alternate reality” career, but with the relative strength of the teams mostly preserved.

I don't have any hard statistics to back this up, but is the penalty conversion rate a bit too low? I don't see that many penalties overall, neither for my team nor the opposition, but so many penalties are saved by the GK's. 

Anyone else having the same feeling?

13 hours ago, Footix said:

I don't have any hard statistics to back this up, but is the penalty conversion rate a bit too low? I don't see that many penalties overall, neither for my team nor the opposition, but so many penalties are saved by the GK's. 

Nah seems OK to me

• SI Staff
23 hours ago, Footix said:

I sample the goals generated and various stats around them and they should be (on average) about right for each division - however specific times/teams might be above or below depending on whom is taking them.

It's a bit like Brighton's corner stats in real-life, we've had well over 100 corners this season and scored (I think) 2 of them ... if my team was doing that in the game I'd feel that things were 'too low' ... but in reality, Brighton really need to work on setting up corners better and increasing our shot/header on goal tally from them (which is frankly woeful).

PS - With apologies for using the usual Brighton example ;)

I think it’s too hard to extend old players’ contract with reasonable duration. For example in real life Real Madrid only extends 30+ players one year at a time. In the game 34 year old Benzema refuses to even discuss an offer shorter than three years, and it’s a common theme with older players. Players happy where they are should be more open to shorter duration at that age.

Edited by Shanamaj

• SI Staff
22 minutes ago, Shanamaj said:

I think it’s too hard to extend old players’ contract with reasonable duration. For example in real life Real Madrid only extends 30+ players one year at a time. In the game 34 year old Benzema refuses to even discuss an offer shorter than three years, and it’s a common theme with older players. Players happy where they are should be more open to shorter duration at that age.

Ok thanks for the feedback - I'll take a look at this.

Hello all,

Excuse my ignorance -I am very new to soccer, like a few months new. I figured this game may help me learn more about certain aspects, so not having real teams or players wonder hinder me since I don’t know much about either as it it , but I had a few questions. I am assuming the difference between the mobile version and touch is just buying it out right or having an Apple Arcade subscription? And do you all think this will help me learn the game better as far as things like strategy and transfers etc? 

Thanks in advance 

t

• SI Staff
7 hours ago, Brandwin said:

Excuse my ignorance -I am very new to soccer, like a few months new. I figured this game may help me learn more about certain aspects, so not having real teams or players wonder hinder me since I don’t know much about either as it it , but I had a few questions. I am assuming the difference between the mobile version and touch is just buying it out right or having an Apple Arcade subscription? And do you all think this will help me learn the game better as far as things like strategy and transfers etc? 

Not a problem at all - both are the same genre (Football Management) but they're styled somewhat differently - The apple arcade version (FMT/C) is a much heavier/in-depth style game and a lot slower to play than FMM which is a lighter and faster experience with a little more explanation about things as you go along.

FMM has a 2d top down mode, will give you more feedback on the outcome of your actions (so you have a better chance of understanding and can make good decisions moving forward), is faster and somewhat simpler to play

FMC/T has a 3d display for the match, gives less feedback (or is more realistic depending on your viewpoint) and is slower.

• SI Staff
56 minutes ago, EstebanNero said:

Further to the above, is there anyway I can restore the game to the previous version? 

Check in preferences - I'm guessing you're on android and you might need to toggle 'stretch screen' on or off?

(also which device are you using?)

• SI Staff
23 minutes ago, EstebanNero said:

Yeah, that was my first port of call, but no luck. It feels like the resolution has changed and with it the quality. 

I'm using a Galaxy S8 on android v9.  

Ok thanks for the information  - I'm afraid I don't have that device here, but we'll investigate as soon as the office opens on Monday - @Angelos Antoniadescan you take care of this as you'll be around before me on monday.

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, EstebanNero said:

Any movement on this? 

i'm afraid if you're expecting an instant fix you'll be disappointed and have to be a little more patient - we need to ascertain the cause and a probable fix, then get it tested - this won't be an instant thing (sorry).

I will try and remember to update this thread with progress though as we look into things.

A couple notes on the UI. 

I like the new look overall, but I find gamr stats harder to read than before because it no longer has colour bars vertically.  This is only an issue in game; if you look at the stats from the inbox or the fixture list it looks more like it did before (see attached). 

One other thing I’ve noticed (not new) is that you cannot see the game clock while making subs.  Many times you tap the subs/tactics button and the game plays on before you are allowed to make changes, so when you get to the subs screen, you don’t know what the game time is.  It would be great to know as it might alter your decisions.  

Another, this one is new, that you cannot see who the ref is or their temperament during a game.  You have to wait for the pregame pages to go by to see that info now.  

6117A425-CDF8-4281-A7B3-B8F8A4547F55.png

99F635CF-B0F6-4406-8F95-594CCADDB9D6.jpeg

Edited by darthcraven

Something that’s always bothered me a bit is the timing of the transfer windows vs the board releasing money.  

Once a season ends, you are shown the ‘new season’ screen, the window opens.  Players that you’ve scouted and shortlisted start getting signed by other teams while there always seems to be a few day before your board releases funds for you to do your business.  I’ve lost targets this way many times.  

it seems that in real life owners/the board would let management know what they can work with and negotiations can take place based on that… the player can agree and wait to sign when the funds come.  In the game I can only use the money ‘in the bank’ right now.  I lost a player I wanted because I couldn’t offer him the desired wages… then a couple days later the board decided the back me and now, of course, I have plenty of money to pay said wages.  

I don’t know how complex that would be to add to the mobile game, but it would be a nice addition.  

Just a thought that came to mind - can we have some pre-set corner and set piece settings to pick from, rather than having to either individually set each specific player role? 

As a mobile game it would be great to make it a smoother quicker experience without having only the default setting to pick from. I have to confess I only ever change the attacking corner settings because its monotonous.

On 28/02/2023 at 19:37, Marc Vaughan said:

Not a problem at all - both are the same genre (Football Management) but they're styled somewhat differently - The apple arcade version (FMT/C) is a much heavier/in-depth style game and a lot slower to play than FMM which is a lighter and faster experience with a little more explanation about things as you go along.

FMM has a 2d top down mode, will give you more feedback on the outcome of your actions (so you have a better chance of understanding and can make good decisions moving forward), is faster and somewhat simpler to play

FMC/T has a 3d display for the match, gives less feedback (or is more realistic depending on your viewpoint) and is slower.

Thanks. For a newer person to the game and sport so you suggest FMM over FMC/T then?

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, Brandwin said:

Thanks. For a newer person to the game and sport so you suggest FMM over FMC/T then?

FMM is a bit more 'forgiving' - a lot however really depends on your patience (ie. are you stubborn enough to stick with the other games until you suss things out even if it goes badly initially), preferred device/playing style as much as anything.

(in my 'personal' time I have to admit I play FMM more than the others, this is mainly because I have a fairly active/chaotic life and find myself out and about with small bits of time to spare sporadically - as such having my iPad and FMM with me at all time suits me down to a T)

I have some feedback regarding the "Statistics"-Screen during and after matches.

It would be nice to have an additional colum for how many "Touches" a player has during the game (how often he received the ball). That way we could see how good a player is participating in a game an analyse if the player role should be changed so that the player gets more involved.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/03/2023 at 19:25, Marc Vaughan said:

FMM is a bit more 'forgiving' - a lot however really depends on your patience (ie. are you stubborn enough to stick with the other games until you suss things out even if it goes badly initially), preferred device/playing style as much as anything.

(in my 'personal' time I have to admit I play FMM more than the others, this is mainly because I have a fairly active/chaotic life and find myself out and about with small bits of time to spare sporadically - as such having my iPad and FMM with me at all time suits me down to a T)

Glad to see I'm not the only one with too little time on his hands to play full fat and rely on FMT & FMM!

When multiple teams make unsolicited offers on a player that you haven’t listed or offered out for transfer, I can’t seem to negotiate past the price. In this scenario, most of the time you receive multiple offers at the same price, but I can’t find a way to add anything to that, like a sell on clause or a buy back. I’ve just been rejecting them mostly, but I’d like to figure out how to go deeper on these offers.  the same applies to loan buyouts.

this is an issue i've noticed for a couple years, so i'm posting it again.

Hi guys. My in-game editor stopped working after update. I uninstall the game and reinstall and no go. I saw on external foruns that some people have the same issue. Needs fix.

Edit: add 2 shots were i modify strength and stamina of a player and the final result... Nothing changed

Screenshot_2023-04-03-10-44-12-089_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

Screenshot_2023-04-03-10-44-39-656_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

Edited by RickyKosta
Screenshots

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/03/2023 at 16:57, darthcraven said:

When multiple teams make unsolicited offers on a player that you haven’t listed or offered out for transfer, I can’t seem to negotiate past the price. In this scenario, most of the time you receive multiple offers at the same price, but I can’t find a way to add anything to that, like a sell on clause or a buy back. I’ve just been rejecting them mostly, but I’d like to figure out how to go deeper on these offers.  the same applies to loan buyouts.

this is an issue i've noticed for a couple years, so i'm posting it again.

Yes this is quite annoying, usually the fee gets quite good but the lack of a sell-on clause is often a deal breaker for younger talents. Randomly generated clauses where eg younger players get such clauses more frequently would be an improvement over the status quo even if it would be more ideal to negotiate all terms 

On 21/03/2023 at 15:56, Adelrahn said:

I have some feedback regarding the "Statistics"-Screen during and after matches.

It would be nice to have an additional colum for how many "Touches" a player has during the game (how often he received the ball). That way we could see how good a player is participating in a game an analyse if the player role should be changed so that the player gets more involved.

I like the idea of some more stats a lot, it can still be lightweight with a few additiona