[FM23] England Level 10 Now Released

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I started unemployed and simmed forward 3 months to take over a team who was managerless and struggling. There were 120 altogether but 118 come back with the message "The________board have informed you that they will not be considering your application to fill the vacant manager's role as the interview process is over", but these jobs remain vacant, even weeks later?

JasonHowett_Inbox.thumb.png.a8f9c40fd06a9bdebf65b971cb8347e8.png

9 hours ago, Brentmeister said:

Hi, I started unemployed and simmed forward 3 months to take over a team who was managerless and struggling. There were 120 altogether but 118 come back with the message "The________board have informed you that they will not be considering your application to fill the vacant manager's role as the interview process is over", but these jobs remain vacant, even weeks later?

JasonHowett_Inbox.thumb.png.a8f9c40fd06a9bdebf65b971cb8347e8.png

The interview process is over and they will name a manager soon.

2 hours ago, lionel messi said:

The interview process is over and they will name a manager soon.

I simmed forward another 5 weeks, and none of the vacancies have been filled yet after receiving the message that they had.

I'm not complaining as I can just take over anyone with a new manager, it was more of an FYI :thup:

Great work btw, the database is fantastic.

20 hours ago, Brentmeister said:

I simmed forward another 5 weeks, and none of the vacancies have been filled yet after receiving the message that they had.

I'm not complaining as I can just take over anyone with a new manager, it was more of an FYI :thup:

Great work btw, the database is fantastic.

Thanks for the feedback.

I think the trouble is their is alot of teams without a manager at the start of the game so it takes a long time to fill the vacancies, espcially Level 9 & 10 where there are 100s of clubs without a manager.

On 10/03/2023 at 22:30, Brentmeister said:

39 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I think the trouble is their is alot of teams without a manager at the start of the game so it takes a long time to fill the vacancies, espcially Level 9 & 10 where there are 100s of clubs without a manager.

On my save I found it took the best part of a full season for all the vacancies at the start of the save to be filled.

I also found, as the save progressed, that a lot of football clubs promoted someone from within to caretaker manager and wanted to give them time to prove that they could do the job.

2 hours ago, grade said:

IS it because is becomes too taxing for the computer or there is little difference between Level 11 and 13? or both? :)

A bit of both.

you are just adding 100s more leagues and 1000s more clubs just to steam roll through the leagues every season.

I once played a level 23 database once and it was just the same every season up until you reached level 5 or 6.

Not much difference in the level of player from Level 23 to Level 9 or 10.

I'm making my fantasy USA pyramid, as copy of the English leagues and this is the intersection I'm in. Even though I have 9 levels, not sure adding more teams to match the 700+ teams of the English leagues... I'm about 572 teams. Even then I wonder if I downsize to 512 teams.

Edited by grade

11 hours ago, grade said:

I'm making my fantasy USA pyramid, as copy of the English leagues and this is the intersection I'm in. Even though I have 9 levels, not sure adding more teams to match the 700+ teams of the English leagues... I'm about 572 teams. Even then I wonder if I downsize to 512 teams.

Just curious will that db get released?

5 hours ago, Vakama2619 said:

Just curious will that db get released?

Probably, but since I'm one man show.

Still finding right balance what is exactly manageable for me and the database.

This is Lionel Messi's thread, sorry for the side quest. :P

Edited by grade

9 hours ago, grade said:

Probably, but since I'm one man show.

Still finding right balance what is exactly manageable for me and the database.

This is Lionel Messi's thread, sorry for the side quest. :P

All good dw

Love this file, great work every year @lionel messi , one thing I am finding and not sure if I did something wrong but I can't loan between divisions. At first I thought it must be a rule which applies to the division I was in. I started as Guiseley (Level 7 I believe) but I always play as two managers. My second manager is in the Premier League with Leeds and I can't loan from other Premier League clubs either. Is it something I did wrong when setting up the game somehow or is it a bug? 

Also , being very thick here , how do you check the version? I downloaded the one currently on the thread to be safe but I think it was the one I was already using. 

53 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

yes it will be done

Hi @lionel messi, any news on the loan rules? Loans aren't allowed between divisions with the file in use, its something that has crept in recently, when the file was just Level 8 for example it worked fine.

11 hours ago, lionel messi said:

I have not seen any issues with loan rules.

Here is a example

Capture.thumb.JPG.82b08dded01b00e63d554d64b10391e1.JPG

The issue I have when I use it is I can't loan from a team in the same division as me, regardless of whether I am in a level 9 league or the Premier League. It's not an issue I have ever had before the last version. I will try the update, it's an awesome job you do, I love using it . 

EDIT: I tested the new file, the issue I have is in the screenshot , loans not allowed between Premier League teams. Not sure what the rules are in Level 7 and below but down to Conference North/South level loans are allowed between teams. As I say it's only recently this issue has surfaced. Hope this helps, I'm looking forward to tackling a Guiseley save to try and get them to the Football League

Loans.jpg

Edited by NeilUK

2 hours ago, jtibbs20 said:

this file is causing oxford utd in L1 to be half star rep club should be 2 and half star rep club and no manager is these wright?

I will look into altering this, it must have been something Sports Interactive changed.

Where do you think Oxford United should go in terms of reputation compared to the the rest of the League 1 teams?

Do they have a manager?

Edited by lionel messi

9 hours ago, NeilUK said:

The issue I have when I use it is I can't loan from a team in the same division as me, regardless of whether I am in a level 9 league or the Premier League. It's not an issue I have ever had before the last version. I will try the update, it's an awesome job you do, I love using it . 

EDIT: I tested the new file, the issue I have is in the screenshot , loans not allowed between Premier League teams. Not sure what the rules are in Level 7 and below but down to Conference North/South level loans are allowed between teams. As I say it's only recently this issue has surfaced. Hope this helps, I'm looking forward to tackling a Guiseley save to try and get them to the Football League

Loans.jpg

I will look into fixing it.

4 minutes ago, jtibbs20 said:

they are 2 half star i thick if you start a game without your database they are 2 half star rep with the database on they are half a star.

thanks

Currently fixed it.

As well as the loans issue.

Just verifying now and i will put it out there.

Senior Affiliate

How does everyone get on looking for a Senior Affiliate?

40k_senior_affiliate.png.58e8baa117b03ee23383efdc7de5eb47.png

I must admit, I haven't managed above Tier / Level 8 yet but what I'm finding is that:

a) Initially my Board won't entertain the idea - they don't see the benefit

b) After a few requests, when I push it, they finally agree because they can see it means a lot to me, but then...

c) The Board are unable to find a suitable Senior Affiliate (see screenshot above)

At what Tier / Level is it likely the Board will find a Senior Affiliate to link with?

Many thanks.

Does anybody else have an issue with the lower league (managed) teams randomly setting up friendlies that can't be cancelled. I thought it was a bug with the game, but in the bug forum I was told it was issue with the database. Maybe it is just my set up...

Edited by Mad_Habber

Could be something to do with affiliations or staff responsibilities (someone else setting friendlies)? Or I've found if you agree to a friendly with an affiliated team in a Board meeting or something then you can't cancel it either.

Can anyone point me to a logo pack for level 10? Sorry if that's against forum rules...

I've noticed a couple of things, just wondering if maybe its normal. I started with St. Neots Town in L8, and usually at this level you can sign scouts on non-contracts. Whenever I offer a scout a contract it is only giving me the option of Part-time, is this normal/board attribute or a bug?

I also noticed that I can't view, or change the squad numbers:

image.thumb.png.5daa74c0e50e11fec1c4391d9b9fbe1f.png

• 4 weeks later...

@lionel messi I have a problem when i select the datapack and go to advanced settings i cannot select the english leagues i wish to load, i have tried everything.   The database that goes to league 8 works fine but the league 10 i cannot select the leagues i want to load within england 

image_2023-05-11_150510702.png

1 hour ago, njobas said:

@lionel messi I have a problem when i select the datapack and go to advanced settings i cannot select the english leagues i wish to load, i have tried everything.   The database that goes to league 8 works fine but the league 10 i cannot select the leagues i want to load within england 

image_2023-05-11_150510702.png

You can only have 1 data file for each country, you have to disable the ones you dont want to use

9 hours ago, lionel messi said:

You can only have 1 data file for each country, you have to disable the ones you dont want to use

Do i need to remove them from the editor data file because i dont have any other data packs for england selected, or any other country in fact

image_2023-05-12_022505035.png

5 hours ago, njobas said:

Do i need to remove them from the editor data file because i dont have any other data packs for england selected, or any other country in fact

image_2023-05-12_022505035.png

No you dont need to delete it from your editor file.

I have noticed you are using the default database, that is why it is not working for you.

14 hours ago, lionel messi said:

No you dont need to delete it from your editor file.

I have noticed you are using the default database, that is why it is not working for you.

What database should i use, normally everything works like this usually. Could you explain a little. Sorry I am new to this.

I have a little problem. I'm still on 23.3 and the question is will it still work?

And if so, I mark it in the editor to add this file to me, I start my career. and I can't choose more than 4 leagues in England. do i have to start as unemployed and wait for them to accept me or what? Do I need to add these leagues somehow? Because generally in the search engine it shows me that there are new leagues and cups but I can't take over any club.

5 hours ago, Kubitson said:

I have a little problem. I'm still on 23.3 and the question is will it still work?

And if so, I mark it in the editor to add this file to me, I start my career. and I can't choose more than 4 leagues in England. do i have to start as unemployed and wait for them to accept me or what? Do I need to add these leagues somehow? Because generally in the search engine it shows me that there are new leagues and cups but I can't take over any club.

You need to get 23.4 for the updated database to load up and work.