[FM23] England Level 10 Now Released

55 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

I have one suggestion - you should change schedule to more fixed one - fixture dates is best way to  set this. 

For example i have unreal schedule from august to september and after this games are played only at saturday.

Screenshot_20.thumb.png.ee02f30b0b4e1a7e0d253c58733a32c4.pngScreenshot_21.thumb.png.039c7e16e6fa273f97dbd181f689033f.png

If you use fixture dates - you can control this 100%.

Does this have to be done for each league individually? or can it be done on a by level basis?

What level are you at where this is happening?

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to add it to every league but since your leagues have similar number of teams - you can use copy/paste option. 

This is problem now in levels 9 and 10. Not sure about levels above.

Anyway its oldest problem on FM - i solved that using fixture dates and option called "remove if not needed". That option have seeding value so its good for leagues with dynamic number of teams. If league have less teams in some years, game will simple remove not needed dates.

18 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

You need to add it to every league but since your leagues have similar number of teams - you can use copy/paste option. 

This is problem now in levels 9 and 10. Not sure about levels above.

Anyway its oldest problem on FM - i solved that using fixture dates and option called "remove if not needed". That option have seeding value so its good for leagues with dynamic number of teams. If league have less teams in some years, game will simple remove not needed dates.

Im going to look into this.

Im going to get the calendar and organise this better from Level 7-10.

Im not sure how calendar looks like in english lower leagues. I checked here and i have some informations. Western division 1 played on dec 26th and january 2nd. 

You have 17-22 set in all divisions of level 10. This means you have 34, 38 or 42 games based on number of teams. If you use similar calendar like on this website - you have enough saturdays to have 40 dates - 2 more tuesdays and you have enough.

Not sure is there any clash with county cups, FA Cup or FA Vase. 

1 minute ago, krlenjushka said:

Im not sure how calendar looks like in english lower leagues. I checked here and i have some informations. Western division 1 played on dec 26th and january 2nd. 

You have 17-22 set in all divisions of level 10. This means you have 34, 38 or 42 games based on number of teams. If you use similar calendar like on this website - you have enough saturdays to have 40 dates - 2 more tuesdays and you have enough.

Not sure is there any clash with county cups, FA Cup or FA Vase. 

Im working it from a spreadsheet.

Currently doing Level 7

There will be no clashes with the cups when they should first enter the competions as i will be making it so there are no league games on that date as in real, is there any way to set a preference for the cup match to take priority over the league game should teams progress further in a cup competion.

Use this option to remove not needed dates based on number of teams you have in some seasons.

Screenshot_22.thumb.png.8d0953fd094662139097d93c419cb72f.png

Back then in 2017 - lowest priority number was removed first and so on. However seedings are reversed back then and SI fixed seedings after 18.2 i think. Not sure if this is also reversed now. Its not hard to test. 

About priority - you have fixture priority option so try to set that - never used it so im not sure how works. You have domestic cup low  and domestic league low but i dont know which one have higher priority.

In FM23 you can set the "fixture date" with a "special date" and use Easter Monday (with kickoff at 11:30 or whenever). Even if it's out of order it will still work - like, you have it as fixture date 38 or whatever in the base year, but it will move around as needed if it's 2 or 3 weeks early or late next year, and it will happen between fixture dates 34 and 35 or whenever Easter Monday is that year.

It could overlap with cups but that happens all the time with league games getting postponed anyway.

For boxing day and new years, you can just use the hard date for that (i.e. scroll up on the weekday so its blank).

Offset dates also give you the chance to throw in the odd Saturday fixture that's moved from 15:00 to 18:00, or the odd Tuesday fixture that's moved from 19:45 to 19:30. Throws up some occasional realistic variation in your fixtures screen

3 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Use this option to remove not needed dates based on number of teams you have in some seasons.

Back then in 2017 - lowest priority number was removed first and so on. However seedings are reversed back then and SI fixed seedings after 18.2 i think. Not sure if this is also reversed now. Its not hard to test. 

About priority - you have fixture priority option so try to set that - never used it so im not sure how works. You have domestic cup low  and domestic league low but i dont know which one have higher priority.

The fixture priority is displayed in order in the drop-down ("international" and "highest" being the highest). Domestic league low is good for leagues that you want postponed to accommodate cup games (like here), and there's a league setting "fixture priority for last few dates" which you can bump up to domestic league high (or even higher) to get your league finished in time at the expense of postponed cup fixtures.

You can also set specific dates to have high priority (like if you want the Boxing Day game to always be played, even if it's on a Friday or Sunday, give it a higher priority than the scheduled Saturday games around there so Saturday'll be moved instead).

That "40" priority I haven't played with, must relate to which fixtures will be unused if not needed. Just not sure if "0" or "40" is what you'd use for the date that you want first on the block if there's less teams that year, I'd assign it to random Tuesdays and space them out

@lionel messi they do often play on cup weekends if both teams are already knocked out, you could just set it as a lower priority. Same reason the league tables always end up with teams having 3 or 4 games in hand over teams near them

Edited by themodelcitizen

2 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Mine looks slightly different to yours, i cant set anything in fixture date, my dates are set to the left.

Also do you have to set this twice?

Theres is dates under league schedule, and then there is fixture dates under the fixture times and rules tab.

It will take a long time to do this for each league individually as copy and paste does not work.

You'd have to copy and paste the individual screens - fixture dates each time, and then dates under league schedule (this will call upon the "fixture dates" you've set separately). I can post screenshots. Also under schedule, you can change the "start" and "end" dates to use the first and last fixture dates.

Edit: Just PMed you

Edited by themodelcitizen

22 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Mine looks slightly different to yours, i cant set anything in fixture date, my dates are set to the left.

Also do you have to set this twice?

Theres is dates under league schedule, and then there is fixture dates under the fixture times and rules tab.

It will take a long time to do this for each league individually as copy and paste does not work.

Fixture dates are one thing and dates are another one. You must set both. When you set in one league just use copy paste. If you want i can set this for you. Just write list of dates and thats it.

Question on manager wages Tier 7-10

On my save, I've been managing Staveley Miners Welfare in Tier 10 (Amateur) and Tier 9 (Semi-Professional) and am now on my third contract with The Trojans, but still no sign of a wage. I've also had three job offers so far in this save from Shepshed Dynamo (Tier 8 - Semi-Professional), Barwell FC (Tier 8 - Semi-Professional), and Belper Town (Tier 7 - Semi-Professional), and none of them have offered me a salary either.

Is this typical that the salary is £0.00 N/A or will it vary from club to club?

Do I have to wait until I reach the FM default leagues, Vanarama National League North / South (Tier 6) and above, before a manager wage is offered?

Many thanks.

Edited by Stuniverse

1 minute ago, Stuniverse said:

On my save, I've been managing Staveley Miners Welfare in Tier 10 (Amateur) and Tier 9 (Semi-Professional) and am now on my third contract with The Trojans, but still no sign of a wage. I've also had three job offers so far in this save from Shepshed Dynamo (Tier 8 - Semi-Professional), Barwell FC (Tier 8 - Semi-Professional), and Belper Town (Tier 7 - Semi-Professional), and none of them have offered me a salary either.

Many thanks.

I have salary on Almondsbury in tiers 9 and 10.

9 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Do I have to wait until I reach the FM default leagues, Vanarama National League North / South (Tier 6) and above, before a manager wage is offered?

Many thanks.

You probally wont get salary until you reach national leagues at the earliest depending when your contracts expire as you are probally using one of my earlier database releseases.

I removed amateur from the teams and made them all semi-pro has it was causing issues and made it very easy in the first few levels.

The only teams that are amateur now are the ones that are always amateur by defaut, corinthian casuals is one and i think there are a few others too.

I did not start getting paid until i reached League 1/Championship level.

19 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Fixture dates are one thing and dates are another one. You must set both. When you set in one league just use copy paste. If you want i can set this for you. Just write list of dates and thats it.

I have now done Level 7 & 8 now

Will start on Level 9 later.

On 08/02/2023 at 12:57, lionel messi said:

I have now done Level 7 & 8 now

Will start on Level 9 later.

Level 10 is now done.

I have not added any special dates in like boxing day, new years day or easter has it was causing issues.

New update will be released tomorrow.

Should fix where the season is overloaded in the first half of the season, although it could still happen if you go through alot of cup rounds and you have replays.

8 hours ago, GodAtum said:

Hi, I'm having a problem with the language. In the Vanarama South with all English players, but I'm needing to send everyone on a language course to learn Southern British English even though they are fluent in English.

are you using Nik33's language pack?

On 08/02/2023 at 03:00, lionel messi said:

You probally wont get salary until you reach national leagues at the earliest depending when your contracts expire as you are probally using one of my earlier database releseases.

I removed amateur from the teams and made them all semi-pro has it was causing issues and made it very easy in the first few levels.

The only teams that are amateur now are the ones that are always amateur by defaut, corinthian casuals is one and i think there are a few others too.

I did not start getting paid until i reached League 1/Championship level.

What was the issue with having everyone amateur? Finances don't really work? I notice the default game doesn't have many teams set to amateur (that perhaps should be) so was curious

Keep up the great work. Can't wait to get an island-hopping save started on Jersey

2 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

What was the issue with having everyone amateur? Finances don't really work? I notice the default game doesn't have many teams set to amateur (that perhaps should be) so was curious

Keep up the great work. Can't wait to get an island-hopping save started on Jersey

Teams was making a shed load of money due to not paying any wages.

It made the first few levels very easy to get promoted from, It makes it a little harder having to pay out wages from the start.

Would it be possible to use this database for a challenge involving a database of my own?

Its a san marino type challenge, with a team from a nation with a youth rating of 1, and reputation and facilities of 1, playing in level 10

I would just need to remove the "B teams cannot be promoted" rule from Level 10, so they can have a B team for national players, and release it along side my database

I would suggest making the rule "B Teams cannot be promoted if senior team is 2 levels above" if youre concerned about be teams raising up in the pyramid too high or taking promotion placements away from senior teams, as I doubt the 9th level teams will be getting too high to begin with

Edited by animal31

9 hours ago, animal31 said:

Would it be possible to use this database for a challenge involving a database of my own?

Its a san marino type challenge, with a team from a nation with a youth rating of 1, and reputation and facilities of 1, playing in level 10

I would just need to remove the "B teams cannot be promoted" rule from Level 10, so they can have a B team for national players, and release it along side my database

I would suggest making the rule "B Teams cannot be promoted if senior team is 2 levels above" if youre concerned about be teams raising up in the pyramid too high or taking promotion placements away from senior teams, as I doubt the 9th level teams will be getting too high to begin with

I would think that would be no problem, Obviously i cant speak for the creator but if you don't release it and only use it for your own benefit it would be ok 

16 minutes ago, oche balboa said:

I would think that would be no problem, Obviously i cant speak for the creator but if you don't release it and only use it for your own benefit it would be ok 

I always do a wee tweak or two to other people's lower league databases to make it bespoke to my own imagination. It makes a save more meaningful to me. That's why I don't take part on other people's challenges.

nice stuff, will you do level 12?

aside, i was wondering how many people actually play with teams from these lowest levels? because teams from level 10 are going to be full of fake newgen players, was just wondering if people find it fun to play like that, , given the quality of players is so low, and the game will take ages to process...

8 hours ago, isa-998 said:

aside, i was wondering how many people actually play with teams from these lowest levels? because teams from level 10 are going to be full of fake newgen players, was just wondering if people find it fun to play like that, , given the quality of players is so low, and the game will take ages to process...

I always play as low as the lowest file will allow - currently I've switched to Dan because he's at level 11 and is working on level 12. There's a significant minority interest in lowest-league databases and we tend to be quite fanatical. Pop over to the Careers, Challenges and Stories forums to get a taste.

There's really no difference between playing with fake players and level 10 amateurs and semi-pros you'll never have heard of anyway, and for many a key component of playing this way is developing youth - who will be academy intake newgens in any game. The low quality of the players and world as a whole is a major part of the appeal of playing this way. When I read threads full of people raging that the ME didn't allow their Haalands and Messis to perform some move, I just think us LLaMas can be totally forgiving of the game as we expect our players to be total lummocks.

For me, the only downside is the time it takes to process, but I have a 10+-years old rig and people with newer faster computers can load up tons of the files and whizz through. But seriously, I'd have gotten bored with FM about 15 years ago if it wasn't for these guys and their lower-league mods. In that time, I've only once ever got as high as a top tier - glory bores me. I couldn't play any other way.

12 minutes ago, grade said:

I was wondering, how much heavy and slow in terms of processing speed is this file on today's average computer? From my calculations a level 10 is over700 clubs in total included in this file.

Hard to say what an "average computer" means these days. I assume mine is quite slow as t's over 10 years old. I do find the database is tolerable, but I have to go without parallel lower-league files - ideally I'd have similar Scottish, Irish, Welsh and others loaded. So long as I gain promotions, I can delete the tier below after a season, which more than compensates for the huge number of regional leagues that go. So in a sense, if you can get through the first season, it gets easier.

What would be ideal, but presumably impossible in the current format, is if we could load up regions of our choice within tiers (or at least put them on view-only). For example, I'm managing in Cornwall. I'm not involved in any competitions where I might face a Level 10 side from Yorkshire, so I'd rather not load up leagues in the north of England and restrict the save to south-west England only. I could always load up leagues from further afield as I deleted lower tiers later on in the campaign.

On 15/02/2023 at 21:56, isa-998 said:

I dont go beyond Level 10.

There is no point in my opinion adding another 45+ leagues and 800+ clubs for Level 11 and the same again for Level 12 just to steam roll through another couple of Levels and slow down the game considrably.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

You will just need to verify it

How does one go about doing that? Sucks I decided to make a save last night and then this update came out 24 hours later lol.

15 minutes ago, voral said:

How does one go about doing that? Sucks I decided to make a save last night and then this update came out 24 hours later lol.

I will update it soon.

They have took some teams out that have resigned from certain leagues and deleted 1 team altogether which i will need to re-create.

I will add them all back in as they was there at the start of the season.