Recurring newgens across different saves and game versions - let's make a list

So probably I'm not the only one who spotted some of the newgens that reappear across many saves and even game versions. Research sometimes shows those name popping up as far back as FM 2015. Now - I know that some people won some awards in the past to be in the game, and I also know of at least one club researcher that had the possibility to be added as a newgen. The problem is that some of these guys have never been researchers and usually researchers generate as quite crappy players. These in turn always turn out to be amazing. So, let's make a list.

Let me start with two names.

ARIAN KALANTARI

Now, I don't know if the LADBible creator had anything to do with Football Manager (a silent investor?), or if it's a coincidence, or maybe an easter egg, but he's been around at least since 2018. If you google Arian Kalantari football manager, you will see that many people had him in their games and he always was an amazing goal scorer. In my journeyman save, he partnered Haaland in Manchester City and won a couple of Ballon d'Ors.

GIOVANNI TERESI

Now this guy goes waaaaaaaaaay back. I in fact found him - born in Palermo, Milan fan. For obvious reasons I will not share his personal social media. He always generates as an attacking midfielder and was a part of my Real Madrid Champions League winning team.

Then there is supposedly a goalkeeper called WALLY JONCK, who also is a recurring newgen, but I've never seen if he's any good. Reddit claims he is.

Now let me make it clear. Those guys are always good in the game, unlike my club researcher friend who is also a recurring newgen, but rarely exceeds lower league level.

So - has anybody else found such names? Let's share and work on a list together.

Just to add a bit, these are the predetermined newgens. Usually SI staff and researchers and the like. But the quality of the players are completely random, so even if you often see some name pop up as good, it's a coincidence.

LOL that was easy @XaWthanks.

Well, not exactly. Kalantari is always good, and so is Teresi. That's why there has to be a second pattern.

Edited by Vami

8 minutes ago, Vami said:

LOL that was easy @XaWthanks.

Well, not exactly. Kalantari is always good, and so is Teresi. That's why there has to be a second pattern.

Sorry, the basic info is there, but the quality is randomized. SI has done this as a prize for wins in competitions and such a few times, and confirmed the quality of the player is random. Look here, for example:

https://fmfc.footballmanager.com/blog/jack-bassett-best-newgen-youve-never-heard

1 minute ago, Vami said:

Thanks. I'd be grateful for a Kalantari screenshot who did not develop into a decent player, though ;)

That was easy! :D

U95CuW4.png

• 1 year later...

I tend to get bored when regens start dominating, but I seen three times this FM a swede with english second nationality named Andy Harwood. He is always a fullback, but more the no nonsense type.

I signed a load of faceinthegame's last year without even realising they were faceinthegame players, think I had four of them at one point. I keep checking in on them this year and they never get a good PA spin like they did in FM22  

The only staff member from SI I can ever remember having was from about 10 years ago and it was Olly Kenney. I was managing Arsenal on a network game and he was a regen striker in my youth team. He was an absolute beast of a Wonderkid. Totally my favourite regen ever.